PDA

View Full Version : How do you???

sweetnsour
09-14-2011, 02:25 PM
How in gods good name do you bring a picture from photo bucket to the forums?? Now before all the people that answer how, I'll cut you off lol....You go to photo bucket click the my albums, touch the photo, touch the chain link, then the urls come up..now the problem I have is when you touch the urls it says COPIED to your clipboard, well guess what IPAD doesn't have a clipboard, if it does that's my question lol....HELP PLS!! It won't let you copy and paste so pls don't recommend that..

Lowlyspy
09-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Im runnin on an android device so the solution may be a little different. Like you said, go to the urls and copy the IMG url to your "clipboard" (mine says that too) , from here on it may get a little different. After i copy it all i do is hold my finger on the screen for a sec and it gives me the "paste" option, after that the url appears, i slap some tags on the outside and it works from there.

Hope this helps :)

sweetnsour
09-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah it is different, but Ty. All it does when I hold my finger down is stay highlighted, or say copied to clipboard.... Haha getting SO mad...why make an appt that copies to a non excisting clipboard...Unless someone knows where it's copying it at on the iPad....

alexjp
09-14-2011, 02:45 PM
I believe it means it just copied it to a fake "clipboard" did u try clicking on a page and clicking paste?

sweetnsour
09-14-2011, 02:56 PM
I believe it means it just copied it to a fake "clipboard" did u try clicking on a page and clicking paste?

Yup no go on that idea either...

CanonicalKoi
09-14-2011, 03:01 PM
iPad does have a clipboard--honest! If it's telling you that the link is copied, go to your post, open up the image box and then put your finger on the URL box and hold it there a second. It should pop up a little dialog thingie including the word "paste"--touch "paste" (yeah, obvious, I know). Conversely, if you're having problems getting it to work, you can download a free app called Photobucket for iPad that makes grabbing and using the links a lot easier.

ETA: This pic is posted from my iPad using the PB app:
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/BunnyESP.jpg

Bunnie sympathize with your frustration. ;-)

sweetnsour
09-14-2011, 03:10 PM
iPad does have a clipboard--honest! If it's telling you that the link is copied, go to your post, open up the image box and then put your finger on the URL box and hold it there a second. It should pop up a little dialog thingie including the word "paste"--touch "paste" (yeah, obvious, I know). Conversely, if you're having problems getting it to work, you can download a free app called Photobucket for iPad that makes grabbing and using the links a lot easier.

Note to be mean or rude.. You must not have read a single word in my first post..lmao!! I'm using photobucket on the iPad ...I'm using the links in photobucket for the iPad....BUT it's saying" copied to clipboard" and it will NOT let me hold my finger there and a little box pops up and says paste HONEST lol....it just says copied to clipboard which isn't there..If you know where the clip board on IPAD is then pls tell me that's what I'm asking..well I'm assuming there is no solution to this..I've pulled my hair out enough hahaha I'll just have to stop being lazy and actually go on my computer and post it that way I guess :chargrined: If anyone does figure out my answer pls let me know, I'm bald, but hey at least you helped lol :p

alexjp
09-14-2011, 03:14 PM
I'll try to check it out on my iPad after I do my homework. Maybe in the mean time try out imageshack it's basically the same thing

CanonicalKoi
09-14-2011, 03:17 PM
All righty, my apologies for misunderstanding you, but you didn't mention using the app. iPad does have a clipboard or cut and paste wouldn't be possible. As far as not allowing cut/copy and paste, that's exactly what I did to post the photo above. Sorry that, for whatever reason, it's not working for you.

sweetnsour
09-14-2011, 03:21 PM
All righty, my apologies for misunderstanding you, but you didn't mention using the app. iPad does have a clipboard or cut and paste wouldn't be possible. As far as not allowing cut/copy and paste, that's exactly what I did to post the photo above. Sorry that, for whatever reason, it's not working for you.

Alrighty well my bad then, but you said iPad has a clip board? Where? Lol when I hit the PB link that's all it says copied to clipboard...then the boxes disappear..then I have to hit the chain link again and then I try and just hold the link button and all I'm doing is sitting here holding a lite button lol no paste option at all..so your saying it's broke? Or am I just really confused..

alexjp
09-14-2011, 03:25 PM
just got random pics and it worked

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/tsai_tsai_family/funny_animal_03.jpg

Ok so what you do is u have your image click the chain on the top right of photo Bucket then it comes up with a menu with links. Click image code and it will say copied to clipboard. Then all you do is go create a post and hold down screen for sec and it will say paste. And there you go.

P.s. If you still need help I can make a small guide for you step by step of what im doing

CanonicalKoi
09-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Here's exactly what I did:
1. hit chain link.
2. Went below "Direct Link" and tapped the http address. Got the "Copied to clipboard" message.
3. Opened Safari, went to the forums, yadda-yadda.
4. Posted like I am now, hit the insert image button, touched "from URL" held my finger in the address space (keyboard popped up, ignored it and waited a sec), paste popped up, touched paste, unchecked "retrieve..." and clicked "ok".

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/inyourdreams.jpg

That was it. Unfortunately, the only way to access the clipboard without downloading some sort of manager app, is by holding down your finger where you want to paste something. :(

sweetnsour
09-14-2011, 06:25 PM
1094 Yay! It was the direct link.. I was hitting IMG link thanks to everyone!!!

Samhayne
09-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Woof! :D

CanonicalKoi
09-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Yay! Glad it finally worked. :)

alexjp
09-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Good it worked

Awe what a cute doggie