PDA

View Full Version : question about nuri glyph items.....

xantor
09-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Why does nuri rep staff have more damage than nuri glyph staff? All other stats are the same but dmg. I could understand if ng gave a set bonus...but it don't so why is this?

Doubletime
09-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Why does nuri rep staff have more damage than nuri glyph staff? All other stats are the same but dmg. I could understand if ng gave a set bonus...but it don't so why is this?

There isn't a real good way to answer this type of question since it was something done by the devs in the game design. I suspect that it was done so that someone could choose the higher damage of the Nuri gear or the slightly lower damage with the set bonus for the Charmin gear. But that is only a quess as that is all we can do. Really the devs are the only ones who can give you a definate answer.

xantor
09-14-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm not talking bout charm staff....nuri's glyph staff...not glyph staff of charming...nuri's glyph hood,cloth,staff does not give a set bonus as far as I can tell

NECROREAPER
09-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Similar thing with str glyph gear, stongmans items are weaker but give a bonus, while non set items are stronger but no set bonus.

Megabird56
09-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Did you check how much damage your skills do when equipping each staff for comparison?

Neffy
09-14-2011, 07:47 PM
I would be more than happy to answer this question IF I had a high enough level to even come in contact with any Nuri items. I'm pretty sure they were made like that for reasons.

Ixillicus
09-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Glyph items will have more skill damage i believe.

Tabitha30
09-15-2011, 02:41 AM
I just join in,The future Exchange

Kelstrick
09-15-2011, 06:13 AM
I've got a question posted in the Enchantress thread regarding Lvl 55 Sewer vs. Lvl 60 Nuri staffs and was informed that there is an AoE Fire Proc on some of the Nuri gear. I'm not sure which staffs have this proc (I don't own any), but this could explain why the Glyph staffs have less damage as possibly they offer up the potential for a bonus "splash"?

For ex: the MM Blast Staff has an AoE and its damage was 161-184. I don't believe the MM Gemstone Staff had an AoE and its damage was 164-202.

So in this case, I think the Devs are giving you a choice of do you want to be a "Mob Clearing Machine" or do you want to do max damage to a single target?