PDA

View Full Version : Slouch-O Productions Expansion to Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles

Samhayne
09-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Spacetime Studios is pleased to announce the next chapter to the Blackstar Chronicles.

Slouch-O Productions

This entertainment facility out in space is known for producing some of the galaxy's finest films. Now in a state of chaos, you must put an end to the droid riots that have caused filming to come to a halt. Who is the mysterious source of the riots? Can Droids really act as well as humans? Is Superstar Styles the best action hero in all the universe? These questions and more will be answered when you travel out to Slouch-O Productions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rODKb-44DHU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rODKb-44DHU

Read the full Patch Notes from the Update here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36933-1.0.2-Content-Update

LegalShet
09-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Pretty good soo far.
trying to see with level is best to farm exp :P

Mothwing
09-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I like the new level but heres what completely sucked (for me) about this update:

1. Why did you have to change the chat setup? It was fine the way it was. I dont like having so much junk at the top (the 3 lines of chat). I also dont like pressing the log to say something, but i do like the new reply menu.

2. The menu is too big. I liked it when it just spanned across the top.

3. What happened to emotes? I paid for the new pack and the whole menus gone.

If i'm totally missing something about this update, im sorry. But some of these things need to change for me to feel comfortable playing again. And im not trying to flame and im not mad at STS, but some of these changes werent necessary IMO.

Thx for the update anyway :)

Samhayne
09-14-2011, 06:24 PM
Hey Mothwing,

We've been doing a lot of new user testing to try and refine our games to be more friendly to new users. The change to the User Interface was to streamline things, move things from your play field (distractions) and remove redundant buttons.

Your emotes are still there, but they are in the 2nd pop up layer. Tap the gear icon in the upper left and then go to Emotes.

Cascade
09-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Definitely like the new lvls...Love the new boss and the humorous enemies. Also, the traps are great and i like how it is fairly difficult with low drop rates :)

Mothwing
09-14-2011, 06:28 PM
Hey Mothwing,

We've been doing a lot of new user testing to try and refine our games to be more friendly to new users. The change to the User Interface was to streamline things, move things from your play field (distractions) and remove redundant buttons.

Your emotes are still there, but they are in the 2nd pop up layer. Tap the gear icon in the upper left and then go to Emotes.

I completely understand :) i think you mentioned this to me before about the menu change on pl.

Suggestion: perhaps include an optional/add-on menu tutorial for new players?

Another off-topic suggestion: let players have an ability to set a default towne they wish to spawn in. (probably better for pl since theres more townes :))

Bakoffmycandy
09-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Love it so far. Actually really like how clean the UI is now. No accidently hitting chat, emote in the middle of a fight. :)

Mothwing
09-14-2011, 06:40 PM
The only things i wish could change would be how big the logs are. Its just way to chunky, and having to click on the log just to chat. If the quick chat is at the bottom the other should be there too. It feels like a piece missing.

CanonicalKoi
09-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Love it so far. Actually really like how clean the UI is now. No accidently hitting chat, emote in the middle of a fight. :)

I'll have to check the menu to see if there's an option to turn it off, but that quest thingie in the upper right corner of my screen is right, exactly where my finger ends a camera rotation sweep on my iPad. I can get used to the rest of the changes (chats going to be hardest), but I'd like to be able to turn the quest thing off. The map itself, though, is beautiful. There's a ton of nifty little details, so after a few dozen "AHHHHH!!! We have to get through this as fast as we can!!!!" group runs, I want to go back and take my time through it.

ETA: Nope, still no way to get that off the screen. **Heads for suggestion box**

Cascade
09-14-2011, 06:56 PM
I cant find out where the to turn the map on...Anyone know where it is?

Kraze
09-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Ok two issues the flash gave myself and someone in my group a migraine. I'll eventually adjust to the ui (liked the old set up way better) but I normally use just one line for chat window and expand if needed my iPhone screen now feels more crowded with less stuff

Moogerfooger
09-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey Mothwing,

I'm sorry Sam, but having that godawful quick chat button where it is, is the exact opposite of 'moving it from your play field (distractions)". I am repeatedly inadvertently hitting on a small screen phone. And the fact that you cannot collapse chat down past 3 lines is also against this line of thinking. I can't stand having the three lines in my field of view without an option to drop it to one like I always do in SL/PL.

The screen feels more crowded, like someone said. And an option to turn off that annoying quest checkmark would be nice. Too close to the cycle skills double arrow.

Kraze
09-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Just a thought is there any ability to support the classic ui and the new ui as a toggle? I can see how people playing on tablets my like the new version but it's just no bueno on a phone.

Moogerfooger
09-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Just a thought is there any ability to support the classic ui and the new ui as a toggle? I can see how people playing on tablets my like the new version but it's just no bueno on a phone.

Bingo. Small screen phone = new UI no bueno.

CanonicalKoi
09-14-2011, 07:46 PM
I cant find out where the to turn the map on...Anyone know where it is?

I don't know what device you're on, Cascade, but on my iPad, hit the gear button in the upper left corner. When the row of interface buttons appears, near the bottom right of the screen there's two buttons--"Mini Map" and "Sector Map". Mini map gives you the floor plan outline on the screen.

And to quote Moog--

Bingo. Small screen phone = new UI no bueno.

I'm on an iPad and I'm not excited with the new UI (especially the quest check mark), but I'm hoping it'll grow on me. I can't imagine it on, say, my iPod. :(

Cascade
09-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Yeah, i agree with canon. I'm not to thrilled with the new UI either especially the new chat button...But maybe we will get used to it.

Ephemeris
09-14-2011, 07:53 PM
First, I'd like to say that STS did a fantastic job with the new content. When my group and I encountered the first balcony/mezzanine-style view to the lower area, everyone commented in chat about it; it looks awesome and adds a never-before-seen depth to SL levels. Likewise, the mobs and environment seem challenging but not unreasonable (my first encounter with The Director was interesting, though :)). This should make for a fun setting to grind to 31 x 3!

Second, I'd like to echo what several others have already stated with regards to the overhaul of the chat system. I had several friends /t me because they couldn't figure out how to chat in "general" anymore (i.e., several players are not finding it intuitive). While I can live with it, I also preferred the old chat system. I hate that I have to have three lines of chat to monopolize the top of my screen (I've always rolled with only a single line of chat -- expanding and collapsing as necessary so not to take up too much of my screen).

Overall, I really like what I've seen -- great work! I'm curious to see what the new vanity items are, too, of course (I'm calling it here: Kayne West-style roman shade sunglasses). Oh, and purplez...! :)

Kraze
09-14-2011, 07:58 PM
Nobody else finds the flash too bright?

MikeMinotaur
09-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Hey Sam! I love the update! I miss having the minimap button on the main screen as I toggle this fairly frequently. Now I gotta open a menu first. Also, I miss the ability to shrink the chat down to 1 line. I do appreciate the rest if the menu cleanup and the message box in the upper right is sweet.

P.S. This isn't related to the update, but I think it would be awesome to have a dynamic virtual joypad. Like what Order & Chaos uses. Virtual buttons and pads are a bit of a challenge to implement but I think this style joypad is the best approach I've used so far. Keep up the great work guys!

famouzdev
09-14-2011, 09:07 PM
Is anyone having control issue, u can't move and shoot at same time

SpecialAgentJames
09-15-2011, 03:31 AM
Liking the update so far :devilish:

Deathpunch
09-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Is anyone having control issue, u can't move and shoot at same time

You sure you're not just stunned by one of those flash droids? The stars are a bluish gray color and are hard to see sometimes againsts the floor color.

Acyer
09-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Only thing i see wrong is it took to long to get great update guys.

Yurimaru
09-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Please give us back the option to reduce the chat back to a single line, three lines on a small phone screen isn't workable.

Singleteddy
09-15-2011, 03:09 PM
First, I'd like to say that STS did a fantastic job with the new content. When my group and I encountered the first balcony/mezzanine-style view to the lower area, everyone commented in chat about it; it looks awesome and adds a never-before-seen depth to SL levels. Yes, they look fabulous!

Vathrik
09-15-2011, 03:45 PM
One of the things I appeshiate about SL:BC is that my character looks cool and dangerous. PL character looked goofy and skewed towards kids with novelty items and non fantasy gear thrown in. SL:BC allows my character to look awesome and dangerous and I appreshiate that. Please keep it up! More gear to look "cool" and less to be silly.

Liathea
09-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Please give us back the option to reduce the chat back to a single line, three lines on a small phone screen isn't workable.

I'll add my vote to all the others on this one. I am on a phone as well, and I miss being able to expand and contract the chat log to different sizes. Other than that, the update was awesome! Thanks so much for everything!