PDA

View Full Version : Android Users: If you've previously disabled Emotes, read this!

IBNobody
09-14-2011, 10:07 PM
If you are an Android user and have previously disabled the display of the Emotes icon (Options), the new patch may permanently disable the Emote icon.

STS moved the Emote icon to the revamped menu screen, accessed by touching the gear symbol.

1097 1095

STS also removed the visibility setting from the Options dialog.

Apparently, the visibility of the Emote icon was still tied to this setting. If the Emotes icon was disabled prior to the patch, it will not be displayed.

Remedy

Uninstall the SL APK completely and reinstall it from the Marketplace.

This clears all settings, including the (now hidden) Emote icon.

- N

P.S. Flip? Can you please flag the "virtual joystick visible on the exit button" bug? You can see it in the picture above.

bronislav84
09-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Have you tried Clear Data from the app management? Clears settings too.

Also I want the on-screen emote button back. Two taps for emotes now is just not doing it for me.

Bakoffmycandy
09-15-2011, 12:08 AM
I flipped out when the emote button wasn't on my screen. Luckily I wasnt one of the unfortunate ones that had it disabled.

Thanks for being so quick on instructions for those who were.

Flip
09-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks for posting this detailed writeup and helpful workaround IBNobody! As for the virtual joystick displaying when you open the menu, that is on our internal "known issues" list to be fixed.

IBNobody
09-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Thanks for posting this detailed writeup and helpful workaround IBNobody! As for the virtual joystick displaying when you open the menu, that is on our internal "known issues" list to be fixed.

From one QA person to another, "I've got your back!" ;)

bronislav84
09-15-2011, 10:11 AM
IB you QA another game?

And I helped! Clear data is easier than reinstall.

IBNobody
09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
IB you QA another game?

And I helped! Clear data is easier than reinstall.

You helped too (and your method was what I really used), but it's harder explain to people than reinstalling. So, you could say I cheated when I told people to reinstall.

I'm not in software QA. I'm in hardware QA.

bronislav84
09-15-2011, 04:52 PM
Yea not many people wanna bother inside Settings, so reinstall is definitely easier.

And wow does you boss know you play a game on your break? ;)

IBNobody
09-15-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't play anything at work, except...well... work!

Flip
09-16-2011, 06:16 PM
This issue should now be fixed without the need for a reinstall or clearing data.