PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Several Points

Junside
09-14-2011, 11:47 PM
Hello. I logged on for an hour and checked through some new changes, some drastic changes and some little. So this is not a full, fair report. Because I have simply not tested enough to bring aboout a final say on everything. I only ran on one level of the new campaign. So here it is... at first glance.

THE GOOD

I went ahead and I think I got a preview of end-tier armor and weapons. How? The equipment you can purchase with platinum is usually just simply a different color from the end-game gear. And I just want to say... the stuff was beautiful. Well, I only checked out the items for engineers but wow, these are a big improvement. None of that old desert rag stuff anymore. Back to the present. Props to the design team.

THE BAD

When you change something drastically, its difficult to get used to. You feel like you're trying something completely new and doesn't feel like the same anymore. Like when Global Cool Down on skills was administered. I'm talking about the UI(user interface). It pretty much got a facelift to me... and all the functions that came with it. Oh, man I need an instructions manual.

My device has a physical keyboard, but its not special enough for optimization. But before the update, I was able to type and attack/use skills/ and everything else that stayed on the screen. Now, when I press enter, everything disappears except the movepad joystick. I don't like this... I feel handicapped. Of course, I could get used to it like GCD but its like an advantage I have for my device is now gone.

Since we're on the subject, the chat window is also not to my liking. I always kept the chat window to a single line, since I like having lots of space in all directions. That's why my zoom is all the way out too. All in all, I feel like I cannot fight as pro as I want to. This may become an issue in pvp when someone is rushing you and you are stuck in your chat window and unable to defend yourself and just spurt out "wait" while you get pummeled. No.

If you're wondering where the emoticons went, click on the blue jewel in the upper left hand corner and then look in the lower options. Its the second from far bottom left. Also a new discomfort, but it can be something I can get used to. As I understand, an emoticon is not as important as combat. Party! Spammers may be disappointed. :p

That's all I have for now. Feel free to add or debate on my outlook.

BestHyun
09-15-2011, 02:14 AM
I agree with the chatbox part. I want the chat box adjusting button back -_-.

McBain
09-15-2011, 02:53 AM
I agree 100% on the chat window (I started a thread about it earlier). When I'm running a level, I like to have the chat window closed to optimize my screen space, and when I'm in town/base I like to have it fully open to see the chat but still be able to run around and do stuff. Now you can't do either. I'm also a little divided on the notifications button at the top of the screen. There don't seem to be options for turning certain notifications off. For instance, I don't need to know every time a friend logs on. For quick replying to people it may come in a little handy, but I'm so bombarded with notifications that it can be a little much to deal with. SL doesn't need to be like Facebook!

On the plus side, though, I also agree 100% with the great job done on the new content. I like the progression of items so far. Seeing non-crafting purple items for the first time was cool, and they seem to be dropping pretty rarely.

Kakatoa91
09-15-2011, 05:50 AM
Chatbox! We all want the old one I guess.

My device has a physical keyboard, but its not special enough for optimization. But before the update, I was able to type and attack/use skills/ and everything else that stayed on the screen. Now, when I press enter, everything disappears except the movepad joystick. I don't like this... I feel handicapped. Of course, I could get used to it like GCD but its like an advantage I have for my device is now gone.

What phone u r using Jun?
Would b nice to know if that touch ur phone only or any other phone with keyboard.
Hope they will fix or update that.
I need an other phone for txtin only so Im goin to wait lol.