PDA

View Full Version : Auto leveling issue

Gluttony
09-15-2011, 05:25 AM
So I created a new toon yesterday and immediately upgraded it to a premium character and finally completed the tutorial, all before noticing that auto level was on. Auto level decided to dedicate a point to the new skill I gained, as well as adding a point to a stat that I didn't find productive to my build. So here is my issue; there isn't a way to access the avatar page before leveling in the tutorial. As soon as you create the toon you are jetted away to view a cool cut scene, and set down right in the middle of a series of tests designed to help you learn the basics of the game. So the only way is to disable auto level is to skip the tutorial using the closest terminal and turn off auto leveling in the avatar page.

Since this feature is never actually mentioned in the tutorial, I would suggest adding the fact that you can add points to your stats and a view avatar page before the first 8xp are earned thus allowing you to turn off auto level before it’s too late. I know that this was a suggestion for PL since there where toons running around at level 5+ with not one stat point over the initial 10 allocated. I guess to fix this STS decided to create auto leveling so that even the newest MMORPGers out there did add one stat point anywhere, they would still reap the benefits of the leveling up system. I for one think that this is a bit presumptuous of STS, since I have now created and upgraded a toon that I will have to spend at least 4 plat to correct a built in mistake.

This thread isn't to complain or add more to the heaping plate of issues that STS has to content with, it's just criticism for how to improve. The leveling up system is pretty important and new players should understand how to spend their new stat points, the tutorial seems to completely skip this aspect of the game play.

Side note: I'm not sure how effective the auto leveling system is, if anyone cares to review it and post a comment on that here is a guide outlining how the skills and stats are divided up. You can find it HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36672-Guide-to-Auto-levelling).

CrimsonTider
09-15-2011, 06:39 AM
Someone (maybe Cannicalkoi?) is actually auto leveling a character to cap. If I wasn't driving I would search and post the thread. Check it out and see what his comments are.

Gluttony
09-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Crimson, you missed the side note at the end of my post, it has that thread hot linked under the words HERE. I guess I'll add a link here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36672-Guide-to-Auto-levelling

CrimsonTider
09-15-2011, 07:46 AM
LOL! That's what happens when I post when 1) I'm tired and 2) driving to work. :)

bronislav84
09-16-2011, 10:47 AM
This seems to only be for iOS btw, and it needs an on-screen menu key for the tutorial to fix this. On Android we have a physical menu key and can hit it to do whatever, anytime.

Gluttony
09-16-2011, 11:34 AM
This seems to only be for iOS btw, and it needs an on-screen menu key for the tutorial to fix this. On Android we have a physical menu key and can hit it to do whatever, anytime.

Thank you for the update, it makes me happy and enrages me at the same time. Fix for iOS on the way? Here is a screen shot of what iOS users have available:

This is all I get when I hit the menu button. ETA: D'oh! Already ably reported by Gluttony. :)

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/Moorit/333f7090.jpg

It's interesting to find out so many slight differences Andoird vs iOS, iPhone vs iPad, we need to be a bit more unified imo. It's becomes a bit difficult to walk another player through a process only to find that a button is in a different area, or an option isn't even there.

bronislav84
09-16-2011, 12:08 PM
You're welcome!

Yup I have seen your other post. STS has to keep up with all the screen and button differences across the devices. It sounds hard. :(