PDA

View Full Version : Crafted purples

deafmaster
09-15-2011, 07:32 AM
Was just wondering if anyone managed to craft any level 30 purples, and if they are better than Plat gear. I heard plat gear is still the best and that kinda bores me cause it takes fun out of the hunt. Can anyone confirm? txs

Cahaun
09-16-2011, 05:19 AM
The crafted one should be better. So far it is most coveted. (ps It sparkles!)

Acyer
09-16-2011, 06:38 AM
How do people know plat is the best. Commando plat set isnt worth it it has no dodge on it nice hit but nothing to talk about. Custom gear will have a set bonus and it has nice dodge.

BodMaster
09-16-2011, 07:06 AM
What Sam said in a previous post was its sparkley and has a set bonus. Bonus FTW.

These are upgrades from the normal purple gear, though its still hard to say which is best depends on your play type I guess.

LegalShet
09-16-2011, 11:44 AM
I customized my engis
cause well.. the old color was just ugly.
i like the red. didnt even pay attention to the stats it raised :)

BodMaster
09-16-2011, 07:26 PM
didnt even pay attention to the stats it raised :)

Lazy :p (got any spare?? Lol)

Feeds Gorda "good monkey" :)

Raulur
09-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Looks like it would be nice for commando. Not worth it for eng imo, you lose too much dodge from plat gear.

Nightarcher
09-16-2011, 07:54 PM
I talked with a Comm in a custom set (yes sparkling) and he said the set bonus is 1 H/s and a small boost to max health. I'm just gunna stick with regular Meganaut and save the cash, and hope for some pinks. They're the best by far :D

--

And to you people who list recipes for over 10k in the cs... USE YOUR BRAIN! Nobody will buy them when it costs less at the customization station.

Cahaun
09-16-2011, 09:40 PM
I talked with a Comm in a custom set (yes sparkling) and he said the set bonus is 1 H/s and a small boost to max health. I'm just gunna stick with regular Meganaut and save the cash, and hope for some pinks. They're the best by far :D

--

And to you people who list recipes for over 10k in the cs... USE YOUR BRAIN! Nobody will buy them when it costs less at the customization station.
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO NOTICED!! I made a thread in the store section explaing about this! The title plainly says "Don't get scammed!" :cool:

mike1298
09-16-2011, 09:41 PM
My op custom set seems to give me about 1% crit and a damage bonus. Probably more have yet to actually calculate it.

nzane
09-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Engineer set plat:
offers mana(+15 extra) , dodge , crit

Good for pvp as a support. Mitigation won't be enough and dodging fully is what will help in those crazy duels. As a engineer balancing out those 2 stat is vital, in a pvp scenario. Your the lifeline. Your their priority target. So forget about DPS. Your job is to run and not get hit.

Engineer drop set:
offers int + mana(-15) + hit

Now put it to the test.
Int = Dps
Dmg
Mana
( int adds 1 mana per 5-6 int, then adds 0, then repeats)

Good for pve. Why? +hit.... It's needed to deliver some damage. Especially if your skills consist of support n heals only. You can compensate and help a little with consistent dmg flow.

Farming this set will be quite difficult, I suggest if you have some cash to get plat gear and hope for pvp. Till you can replace.

This is only what I think. Everyone has their own view. This is not a flame nor an attack.

Thank You!!!!!

Litlnzane - 30 Engineer

skavenger216
09-17-2011, 02:06 AM

--

Lol hey Night, that was me you were talking to :). I'm still unsure of the set bonus, that's just all I was able to notice when unequipping and reequipping.

Bakoffmycandy
09-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Have plat & custom sets. I assure you, custom sets are substantially better then the plat set. I will post actual stat pics tomorrow.

deafmaster
09-19-2011, 09:21 AM
here is opp at lvl 30 fully custom. Hard to get electricity into shot but it "sparkles". And it is better than plat by far:

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/montreal_gti/2789084e.jpg
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/montreal_gti/6d2ae715.jpg
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv227/montreal_gti/523f9ab5.jpg

Flowman
09-19-2011, 09:34 AM
God that operative armor is just terrible lol. Why is the head the size of the torso...? Why are the wings so wide and awkward? Why do operatives have wings in the first place...
Commando looks like a transformer...but pulls it off well. Pretty cool looking actually.
Engineer looks like..well..the way it did before kind of.

StompArtist
09-19-2011, 09:48 AM
ya. Operative head is a bit over sized... Can they stand back up after falling?

deafmaster
09-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Well here is a way around the big head lol. Slap a vanity on

Flowman
09-19-2011, 03:13 PM
That vanity makes the head even bigger haha

Kindread
09-19-2011, 06:29 PM
So is the sparkle for the custom set those square things floating around in the above pic? I know the ghostly column is from the enhancer. I kinda disappointed that all I got for m engi custom set is puffs of smoke. Makes me feel like either my suit is steampunk powered by steam or two, I'm very flatulent. Secondly, as opposed to custom comm and op armor increasing the stat that most benefits the class, my custom armor boosts my Hit and Int which does nothing. I'm ending up using my plat set more because I get the dodge with the plat set. What gives?

BodMaster
09-19-2011, 07:14 PM
So I finally got around to taking a few screenshots.

Plat or Custom? You decide! I know what I chose :p

Plat (Helm)

Custom (Helm)

Custom (No Helm)

And also added PINKKKK to the equation for the fun of it :)

Plat set with PINK chest

Custom set with PINK chest

Only possible way PINK will be better is with full set that will add 2x5 Dodge but lack with other stats, though if a full PINK set bonus is given..

Nourish
09-19-2011, 07:22 PM

Plat (Helm)

Custom (Helm)

Custom (No Helm)

Plat set with PINK chest

Only possible way PINK will be better is with full set that will add 2x5 Dodge but lack with other stats, though if a full PINK set bonus is given..

Wow. Nice info! I'm def gonna try to get custom gear but will take a while >_< thanks!

BodMaster
09-19-2011, 07:30 PM
Wow. Nice info! I'm def gonna try to get custom gear but will take a while >_< thanks!

No probs buddy, glad it came in handy :)

Also quick update, (Since my converter killed the screenshots..)

Plat with PINK Chest, Reads ~ Hit -3, Crit - 2.
Custom with PINK Chest, Reads ~ Str -4, Hit -2.

Nightarcher
09-19-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm working on farming all the crafting ingredients for custom Meganaut, just cause it looks nice and I need something to do. ;)

Zbooo
09-19-2011, 09:15 PM
I was looking at the Pinks in the CS and I think they are trashy, I rather have costum set + set bonus that waste 500k+ on trashy pinks.

BodMaster
09-19-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm working on farming all the crafting ingredients for custom Meganaut, just cause it looks nice and I need something to do. ;)

Haha they are the right reasons why you should be working towards custom :D

Diodge
09-19-2011, 11:10 PM
I agree about the pinks. Im not to sure about the pinks vs any gear...
My eng now smokes with the crafted set.

Ellyidol
09-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Custom set for Commando is definitely good for tanking, 27 base dodge on a HW is crazy. 27 base dodge + armour from shield and I guarantee that you won't need to use pots with an engineer in your team, maybe even with 6 Vigor alone.

The plat gear is also really good though, it offers the opposite of custom; damage. 17 base crit on a rifle and 15 base crit on a HW gives good damage, not to mention if you have the crit skill.

Overall, very very happy with custom gear :)

McBain
09-20-2011, 04:32 AM
So far, I have pretty much everything I need for a custom meganaut set. Even went ahead and crafted a few of the pieces. Now I just have to get to level 30 so I can actually use it. Aaahh! Yay for thinking ahead though.

I guess the pinks are coming just one piece at a time. As far as I know there are only three pieces out there in the ether, one for each class. At this rate, I wouldn't expect a set to be possible for quite a while. I'm thinking whatever the next campaign is will make pinks more relevant. Numa was all about the greens, Slouch-o is purples, etc.

Nightarcher
09-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Custom set for Commando is definitely good for tanking, 27 base dodge on a HW is crazy. 27 base dodge + armour from shield and I guarantee that you won't need to use pots with an engineer in your team, maybe even with 6 Vigor alone.

Quick question, where are you getting 27 from? Without any weapon, you can get 25 dodge with the Stunt Harness, Meganaut, and a dodge implant. The Grav Ripper (unfortunately) has no dodge, so unless you go down and use the lv25 HW "Wastelander" you can't go above 25. Unless you're talking about a plat HW, then you can get 29 dodge with the +4 dodge lv30 one. :)

I guess the pinks are coming just one piece at a time. As far as I know there are only three pieces out there in the ether, one for each class. At this rate, I wouldn't expect a set to be possible for quite a while. I'm thinking whatever the next campaign is will make pinks more relevant. Numa was all about the greens, Slouch-o is purples, etc.

Many people (including myself) believe that, based on the pinks we've seen, there is only one pink piece per class. It makes sense that the devs didn't want everyone to get all pink-spoiled in SL, like we are in PL. And I think those single pieces are still quite good.

Ellyidol
09-20-2011, 08:16 AM
Quick question, where are you getting 27 from? Without any weapon, you can get 25 dodge with the Stunt Harness, Meganaut, and a dodge implant. The Grav Ripper (unfortunately) has no dodge, so unless you go down and use the lv25 HW "Wastelander" you can't go above 25. Unless you're talking about a plat HW, then you can get 29 dodge with the +4 dodge lv30 one. :)

Yeah using the plat HW/light pistol to get that 27 dodge from.

Where does the extra +2 dodge come from? I'm using the custom set, dodge implant, and 4 dodge HW.

krazii
09-20-2011, 08:18 AM

Wrong! Unfortunately there are some people who don't know you can buy the recipe at the terminal for 10k and they routinely pay 20K or more for the recipes. Never had one myself, but I know people that have sold them.

krazii
09-20-2011, 08:22 AM
After reading a post elsewhere in the forums elsewhere about pinks dropping from a chest (really?) in Scorcher I decided to run it a bit last night. Well, low and behold a pink did drop, but this time it dropped of a random mob, just one of those chalkboard looking ones at the first platform after you pass the first turrent. I also witnessed a recipe drop from a chest and from another random mob. This seems a bit odd to me given where pinks have generally dropped in the past (high level mobs) and I gotta ask STS/Devs:

Do you really want pinks dropping off random non-boss mobs and/or chests? Seems inappropriate.

Thoughts?

Nightarcher
09-20-2011, 08:43 AM
Yeah using the plat HW/light pistol to get that 27 dodge from.

Where does the extra +2 dodge come from? I'm using the custom set, dodge implant, and 4 dodge HW.

Ah, I've been pondering the pros and cons of a Stunt Harness so I put that into my post. 27 with Meganaut set and plat HW, you're right ;)

Ellyidol
09-20-2011, 08:44 AM
Ah, I've been pondering the pros and cons of a Stunt Harness so I put that into my post. 27 with Meganaut set and plat HW, you're right ;)

Whew! I thought I was missing the maximum dodge :p

Kindread
09-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Whew! I thought I was missing the maximum dodge :p

Damn you min/maxing powergamer!

BodMaster
09-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Wrong! Unfortunately there are some people who don't know you can buy the recipe at the terminal for 10k and they routinely pay 20K or more for the recipes. Never had one myself, but I know people that have sold them.

True unfortunately.. I have a ScreenShot when I first witnessed this.. will add iit when I get 5

BodMaster
09-20-2011, 11:31 AM

The plat gear is also really good though, it offers the opposite of custom; damage. 17 base crit on a rifle and 15 base crit on a HW gives good damage, not to mention if you have the crit skill.

Overall, very very happy with custom gear :)

Spot on! Haven't touched my health pots since Custom gear.. :)

Also with critical +10 with skill and plat also works with a little more damage output.. though im still using my Dura-Skin.. haha haven't changed it since previous update

deafmaster
09-21-2011, 02:55 PM

I've actually done the exact opposite myself lol. Some people list recipes less than 10K in cs, so I have boughten a few of them in cs. Guess people started crafting, realized how much it costs, and gave up? Anyways u get good deals in there too, so keep ur eyes peeled for recipe deals :-)

McBain
09-21-2011, 04:14 PM
In other crafting related news, the rarity rating of some of the crafting items is really screwed up. Some of the "epic" crafting items are super easy to find, while some of the orange and green items are near impossible. I'm sure you all know this, just thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

I'm under the impression that crafting items are, in theory, supposed to drop on any map. Am I wrong? If I'm looking for an electronic master override should I try a specific map?

Kindread
09-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Is it just me or the crafted set for engineer sucks. The comm and op crafted sets actually boosts the desired stat. My crafted Atomite stat boosts my to hit and int as opposed to my plat set which boosts dodge. I rarely use my red set except when I get tired of seeing my green guy run around the screen I'll switch for something new.

BodMaster
09-21-2011, 06:33 PM
I've actually done the exact opposite myself lol. Some people list recipes less than 10K in cs, so I have boughten a few of them in cs. Guess people started crafting, realized how much it costs, and gave up? Anyways u get good deals in there too, so keep ur eyes peeled for recipe deals :-)

Or they could of done the same as me (twice!) Pressed buy by accident as its easily hit when you are looking at what items are needed for each.. grrr.. though I sold them both separately for 9500 so they made a little profit on each as I was down a 1k.. oh well.. lol

I'm under the impression that crafting items are, in theory, supposed to drop on any map. Am I wrong? If I'm looking for an electronic master override should I try a specific map?

I wouldn't say all maps.. but any map in Sloucho esp for Electronic Master OverRide (which I helped a friend or 2 out with.. shoulda give a heads up buddy or posted on Trade section Guild Forum if any item is needed in future please do so :))

Is it just me or the crafted set for engineer sucks. The comm and op crafted sets actually boosts the desired stat. My crafted Atomite stat boosts my to hit and int as opposed to my plat set which boosts dodge. I rarely use my red set except when I get tired of seeing my green guy run around the screen I'll switch for something new.

IMO you are right.. I have my Com in Full Custom, my Engi in Full Plat and my Op (not 30 yet) waiting for Full Custom :)

StormChaser
09-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Bod,

I'm a little confused by your pictures of the Custom vs Custom without helm pictures. The without helm pic shows your toon without a helm, yet in the inventory slot shows it still equiped and none of the stats changed. Trying to figure out what the actual "full set" bonus is? I just assumed it would be an increase in stats of some sort. What is the set bonus?

Storm

BodMaster
09-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Bod,

I'm a little confused by your pictures of the Custom vs Custom without helm pictures. The without helm pic shows your toon without a helm, yet in the inventory slot shows it still equiped and none of the stats changed. Trying to figure out what the actual "full set" bonus is? I just assumed it would be an increase in stats of some sort. What is the set bonus?

Storm

Apologies for the confusion Storm, maybe could of phrased it better, did mean without helm (Hidden in options) just to see the size of the helmet etc, not the actual stats difference from not having the helm/full custom.

Will take some time to work the Stats out and repost :)

EDIT:

From my findings not alot..

Increase
Health Pool = 24
Health Regen = 1 (Main and most defined stat)
Mana Pool = 2

ScreenShots to reproduce my analysis if needed.

Base Custom Stats

Base Custom with Set Bonus

StormChaser
09-23-2011, 07:37 AM
Thanks Bod, much appreciated. The Regen could be helpful although it think would have been more helpful to have it on Mana, I seem to be using more Mana at lvl 30 in Sloucho to keep aggro.

Storm

Weazy Dawes
09-23-2011, 07:53 AM
Could do with help please I ask online and get pi** taken out o me I'm now level 22 and still don't really no wot I'm doin I can find any good weapons that I can used as my dex , int isn't high enough is there any way to get more ?? And how do I get the good clothes without spending mills of plat on them ?? Any help would b fab

BodMaster
09-23-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks Bod, much appreciated. The Regen could be helpful although it think would have been more helpful to have it on Mana, I seem to be using more Mana at lvl 30 in Sloucho to keep aggro.

Storm

No problem glad I could help :)

The feelings mutual. Though this may be down to my health regen I now farm Health Stim (unintentionally) in Sloucho though I still use a fair amount of power.

(Don't be shy to press the thumbs up in my sig :p)

Could do with help please I ask online and get pi** taken out o me I'm now level 22 and still don't really no wot I'm doin I can find any good weapons that I can used as my dex , int isn't high enough is there any way to get more ?? And how do I get the good clothes without spending mills of plat on them ?? Any help would b fab

Sorry to hear that.. add me ig (BodMasta) and I will be able to go through more in better detail if you like.

Unfortunately the only way to get more of a main stat is leveling, though certain Gear/Weapons would also raise these stats it will only be temporary.

When leveling add Stats only in to Dex to be able to use Dex items at your level.

There is a way to re-spec your stats but does cost 2 Plat. If you have Facebook like Star Legend and Pocket Legends through the app (Spacetime Nexus on main menu) and you will receive 2 Plat for each. Otherwise use TapJoy download free apps to receive Plat. When you have 2 Plat then re-spec and add only into Dex as explained before :)

Items: Gear for a Level 22 Dex (guessing Op?) would be best to get full GallowTech outfit (pretty cheap in cs (auction)

Weapon: Would have to be Mine Sweepers.

If you need any help in the future please make a Thread and someone would be able to help as posting on another thread may not be seen or replied to. Thanks :)

sweetnsour
09-24-2011, 01:20 PM

Plat (Helm)

Custom (Helm)

Custom (No Helm)

Plat set with PINK chest

For some reason your pinks look orange...you sure it's pink....

BodMaster
09-24-2011, 04:23 PM
For some reason your pinks look orange...you sure it's pink....

Absopositivilutely! :D

Have you seen any oranges going for 150k-199k? With 5 Dodge? Hehe

Seriously though.. if you look in the screen shots at the bottom you will see a pink layer around the armours icon.

Stunt Harness Lvl 30 - "I've broken every bone in my body... most twice". Nina Pain stunt woman.