PDA

View Full Version : Customized Epic Armor - Bang for your buck?

IBNobody
09-15-2011, 08:36 AM
The difference between a custom and non-custom epic armor piece is a total of 20 HPs+MPs (20MP for comms, 5HP and 15MP for enges, 10HP and 10HP for ops.)

That equates to 100HPs+MPs for a full set of 5x customs. (100MP for comms, 25HP and 75MP for enges, 50HP and 50HP for ops.)

It costs 10k + materials to customize, or 50k + materials to customize a full set.

Is it worth it?

I guess if you had a guild that could afford the recipe cost, the prices would go down to just materials...

Ellyidol
09-15-2011, 08:38 AM
My guess is, maybe when PvP is out. But for PvE? I'd save the cash if it's just for HP/MP which stims/heals can do.

Archyx
09-15-2011, 08:58 AM
With Ellyi on this one. Pointless in pve

mike1298
09-15-2011, 09:01 AM
It's still nice to have extra health and mana. Better survivability.

javier995
09-15-2011, 09:07 AM
lop ima get customized on my comm(since its my main) i just need the epic vest and helmet and a few crafting materials and im set ^_^

Kakatoa91
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Ive seen the numbers too.
Crafting doesnt add much, ill spare cash.
Is there a different anim or sparkling maybe? Or does it look the same?

BodMaster
09-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Is there a different anim or sparkling maybe? Or does it look the same?

^^Exactly what I want to know.. was going to get some parts to trial but IMO its quite abit of buck each peice :/

So far only difference in PINK was colour design wise..

LegalShet
09-15-2011, 12:51 PM
^^Exactly what I want to know.. was going to get some parts to trial but IMO its quite abit of buck each peice :/

So far only difference in PINK was colour design wise..

omg i cant find you in game whre r u -.-

octavos
09-15-2011, 01:07 PM
omg i cant find you in game whre r u -.-
if u find me, u find bod, were on all the time lol...and u added me already :p

LegalShet
09-15-2011, 01:28 PM
if u find me, u find bod, were on all the time lol...and u added me already :p

ugh!
im going stalking then -_-!
-annoyed- lol.

Vearisea
09-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Also, what's the difference bet the custom epic armor and the plat epic armor? Idk which one is better :s

Samhayne
09-15-2011, 05:32 PM
I believe there is a sparkly for a full set and a set bonus as well.

Anyone have a full set yet?

Dosumn1978
09-15-2011, 05:37 PM

Oooh meh likey sparkly set bonuses!

Flickz
09-15-2011, 05:45 PM
You need 50k in sl at lv 30 lol i remember when first played sl i had remake my character two times cause i couldnt get enough credits for stims

kyzark
09-15-2011, 06:02 PM
I havnt got to play that much of the new map but I just found the sleeves for my engi a minute ago and I already have over 50 k plus I'm only 28 so I have time to get more :) woo

BodMaster
09-15-2011, 06:17 PM
ugh!
im going stalking then -_-!
-annoyed- lol.

Haha you found me finally :p

Though when I tried to add Legal said you didn exsist.. Lethal was fine tho :/

Cheers Sam!! Didn want to go through all that to find nothing different lol :D

I havnt got to play that much of the new map but I just found the sleeves for my engi a minute ago and I already have over 50 k plus I'm only 28 so I have time to get more :) woo

Wondering where you've been hiding :p

Acyer
09-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Hmm think you may have changed my mind on plat gear. Set bonus ftw.

Colin27
09-15-2011, 09:42 PM
I'd save the cash if it's just for HP/MP which stims/heals can do

Ebalere
09-15-2011, 10:01 PM
I'd save the cash if it's just for HP/MP which stims/heals can do

I'd read what sam wrote, lol

Tvis
09-15-2011, 10:43 PM
This thread just saved me 10 minutes. Thanks!

Uzikrabd
09-15-2011, 10:58 PM

So like the onyx set on pl,ive worn full and was shiny lol,cool

Acezero
09-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Just saying I'd do play gear for op. Lets face it ops trying stack armor is pitiful. If you want to survive stack dodge. From a full plat set you can get 4x6=24 dodge plus your base 3 is 27 then your implat of 5 is 32. Let's round it to 33 and say if the eneny has 100% hit you dodge 1/3 of attacks. Then add neural shck to low their hit by 15 on a boss that would be 48 effective dodge which is nearly half dodge rate for bosses. Essentially you become tanky. However i would do that if SL skills didn't suck so much, you. Mine as well amp damage and auto attack. I do plan on making a post on this.

ProSophist
09-16-2011, 12:35 AM
There is absolutely no reason for an Op to stack survival stats for PvE. With a good Com in the group, an Op shouldn't be able to grab aggro; hence, making armor or dodge irrelevant. As for trash mobs, Ops lack AoE damage. So again, with a decent Com, there is no reason to pull aggro.

So, the slouch/custom set is much better since it provides crit and more health while the plat set provides dodge.

PvP-wise, it's definitely another story.

Kakatoa91
09-16-2011, 01:06 AM

Oh thx for info sam and considerin set bonus for non pink color. I remember I suggested it in post some time ago :D

BodMaster
09-16-2011, 02:54 AM
Hmm think you may have changed my mind on plat gear. Set bonus ftw.

Yup.. haha *watches while all crafting items for each set sky rockets* thinking to himself "lucky I kept all my crafting items hehe"

Cahaun
09-16-2011, 05:17 AM

IT SPARKLES! Those ponies are going after them now! :D (lol get it?)

Kindread
09-16-2011, 06:12 AM
I think what Sam's comment meant to say was if anyone has seen a full set of epic together yet and how it sparkles and heck out the set bonus. I don't think he meant that the custom epic set sparkles and has a set bonus and the plat gear does not. I saw someone in full plat engineer gear. She sparkled like a Xmas tree.

BodMaster
09-16-2011, 07:42 AM
I don't think he meant that the custom epic set sparkles and has a set bonus and the plat gear does not. I saw someone in full plat engineer gear. She sparkled like a Xmas tree.

Hmm what else could he mean.. im sure thats what they have done to seperate the upgraded gear, if not also happy with just the set bonus :D

And yup.. Ghost looks like one of them haha crazy bright and colourful.. still want dark red/black camo lighting effects.. :p

Acyer
09-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Ive got 2 pieces made of the custom gear and color of the armor is the same as the lvl 20 plat set the green and tan for commando.

BodMaster
09-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Maybe only Sparkles when the full set has been collected? haha, hopefully there is a set bonus

skavenger216
09-16-2011, 08:56 AM
I just completed my custom meganaut set on my commando, and can confirm that it indeed sparkles. It looks awesome, especially with the added sparkles from the weapon.

BodMaster
09-16-2011, 09:02 AM
I just completed my custom meganaut set on my commando, and can confirm that it indeed sparkles. It looks awesome, especially with the added sparkles from the weapon.

Ahhhhh im in work, havent got my charger.. :( so unable to checkout..

Nice one Skav :D

octavos
09-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Ahhhhh im in work, havent got my charger.. :( so unable to checkout..

Nice one Skav :D

Ummmmea....maybe a luck vanity like pl (Bigluck/make it a shield vanity they look cool like a cloverleaf metal shield/transparent center O.O) would help lots :p

Acezero
09-16-2011, 10:28 AM
There is absolutely no reason for an Op to stack survival stats for PvE. With a good Com in the group, an Op shouldn't be able to grab aggro; hence, making armor or dodge irrelevant. As for trash mobs, Ops lack AoE damage. So again, with a decent Com, there is no reason to pull aggro.

So, the slouch/custom set is much better since it provides crit and more health while the plat set provides dodge.

PvP-wise, it's definitely another story.says you. In theory you become as effective as a commando and 90% as effective as a op in a boss fight. To my knowledge in all games the guy who can survive like a tank and deal damage like a machine is much more useful than a tank and a damage dealer separately

Ebalere
09-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Just throwing it out there between Skav, nawtiq, and rodvik, we have at least one of all classes in full crafted sets, and none of them sparkled in plat gear.

I will try get set bonuses together for y'all after work, but by then hopefully more people have crafted sets too. I'm doing the grind without elixirs, so jelly of all my guildmates who sparkle already :D

kyzark
09-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Just need some ingredients and I'll be getting custom :)

Cahaun
09-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Geesh already Skav? Lol I need 48,000 more credits, more ingredients, and the atomite helm, back, and shoes to get my custom set! :p
(and to top it off, get to lvl 30) ;)

kyzark
09-16-2011, 03:08 PM
Just got full custom :) woo

IBNobody
09-16-2011, 03:23 PM
So... What are the set bonuses you are seeing?

Bakoffmycandy
09-16-2011, 03:44 PM
I think what Sam's comment meant to say was if anyone has seen a full set of epic together yet and how it sparkles and heck out the set bonus. I don't think he meant that the custom epic set sparkles and has a set bonus and the plat gear does not. I saw someone in full plat engineer gear. She sparkled like a Xmas tree.

I have full plat gear & no sparkle, Also have full Chroma & Deatomizer & still need to Customize each individual piece for a sparkle or set bonus. A few guildies allready have them. They look cool :moon:

Cahaun
09-16-2011, 03:58 PM
You can get recipe drops at sloucho. Quite rare but I have seen a few drop. One actually dropped to me.

Nightarcher
09-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Ok we get it, there are sparkles woohoo.

Now what are the set bonuses!?

:)