PDA

View Full Version : Why Potency over *** or Warfare?

Nobear
08-11-2016, 08:22 AM
I see people on these forums preferring Potency hands down over the others mentioned. So Potency vs *** is pretty straightforward: Potency gives Int as a secondary stat while *** gives Dex. Now from my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong), these are the respective bonuses for Int vs Dex:

Int: Mana, a little HP
Dex: a little HP, damage, dodge and crit

Either Int has some other bonus for warriors that I'm missing, or I just don't understand why people prefer Int over Dex. It seems Dex (as a secondary stat) would mildly increase both one's DPS and tanking ability, while Int would just be a quality of life bonus in terms of mana pot usage. And having a character of each class, I can say that rogues have it way worse than warriors as far as managing mana at low Int levels. Besides, an arcane ring alone should be more than enough to take low mana from an actual combat effectiveness issue to just a quality of life issue for any class, no?

So for me, the question would be whether *** or Warfare is the best, with Potency taking third place. The above mild but varied DPS/tanking bonuses for Dex, vs armor.

Am I overlooking something major about Potency gear?

Edit: OMG stupid filter. You guys know what I'm talking about, thank God it's not censored in-game >.>

resurrected
08-11-2016, 08:54 AM
Some prefer INT over DEX just for more mana in PVP and PVE. Yeah DEX adds crit and dodge but tanks dont really need it ( PVE ) another story is for PVP where most of tanks have balanced and mixed gear for have a little bit of both INT and DEX. In elites when tank use juggernaut, horn and 2 attack skills he dont have space to use vengefull blood. Same goes to PVP. Potency gear got mana advantage over assault with same damage or minimal loss to much more mana.

Elshaddoll
08-11-2016, 02:23 PM
Personally i use warfare. Assault adds tiny amounts of useless damage and i use VB so theres no need for int. Also, crit and doge barely go up, even with high amounts of dex. I've long since given up on getting a decent crit/dodge chance.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

Iockedcrate
08-11-2016, 02:29 PM
go half warfare half potency

Nobear
08-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Thank you for the replies, guys. So Assault might be more popular if the bonuses were bigger or more important to tanking, I see. Good to know.