PDA

View Full Version : disappointed.....

razerfingers
09-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Whats with xp gain from 24-25 i remeber it being 700+ and 25-26 is 1368 it kinda killed it made it not so fun and hard to lvl even with elixirs

Navygreen
09-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Wait... should the game be too easy as opposed to having to put in some work? Think about it... If you can breeze through any game, what happens when you get to the end? At least when it's a little hard, you feel some sort of accomplishment once you finally reach the end! :D

Ellyidol
09-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Wait... should the game be too easy as opposed to having to put in some work? Think about it... If you can breeze through any game, what happens when you get to the end? At least when it's a little hard, you feel some sort of accomplishment once you finally reach the end! :D

Agreed.

I vaguely remember a dev mentioning that SL is a more 'hardcore' version of PL, hence the added difficulty.

I do think, though, that more players are pleased with more to do than with too little to do.

Gluttony
09-15-2011, 11:51 AM
I do think, though, that more players are pleased with more to do than with too little to do.

I agree with this statement, but am not sure it applies here. All it is is quantity, not quality imo. More xp to be gained just means grinding the same 5 maps over and over until there is amass enough xp to move on to the next campaign. It's the same reason that I'm losing interest in PL, I mean needing that much xp to get to cap without using enhancers/elixirs is insane. Perhaps put a new spin on the same old thing, random dungeons or something, idk.

Ellyidol
09-15-2011, 12:13 PM
I agree with this statement, but am not sure it applies here. All it is is quantity, not quality imo. More xp to be gained just means grinding the same 5 maps over and over until there is amass enough xp to move on to the next campaign. It's the same reason that I'm losing interest in PL, I mean needing that much xp to get to cap without using enhancers/elixirs is insane. Perhaps put a new spin on the same old thing, random dungeons or something, idk.

True, very true. Hmm, maybe STS has something up their sleeve in terms of quality for the content, hopefully :)

BodMaster
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Whats with xp gain from 24-25 i remeber it being 700+ and 25-26 is 1368 it kinda killed it made it not so fun and hard to lvl even with elixirs

And I thought you were hardcore :O

Nah im with the others on this one buddy but I do get where you're coning from as it seems we fly through lvls so quick.. find which ones we get most XP and easiest and grind on that lvl till nxt Cap.. Dead Man.. OL.. etc

True, very true. Hmm, maybe STS has something up their sleeve in terms of quality for the content, hopefully :)

Hopefully they have.. not had an event in SL as such yet.. *hint hint* if they are doing them at all :/ used to be fun going through same lvls on collecting sprees haha

IBNobody
09-15-2011, 12:46 PM
Lengthening the EXP tree makes us spend more time in the same area.

It used to take 26 more EXP per level...

Level 1 to 2: 8 EXP
Level 2 to 3: 16 EXP
Level 3 to 4: 42 EXP
Level 4 to 5: 68 EXP
Level 5 to 6: 94 EXP
Level 6 to 7: 120 EXP
Level 7 to 8: 146 EXP
Level 8 to 9: 172 EXP
Level 9 to 10: 198 EXP
Level 10 to 11: 224 EXP
Level 11 to 12: 250 EXP
Level 12 to 13: 276 EXP
Level 13 to 14: 302 EXP
Level 14 to 15: 328 EXP
Level 15 to 16: 354 EXP
Level 16 to 17: 380 EXP
Level 17 to 18: 406 EXP

Now at 24-25, it's 1140 and 25-26 is 1368. That's over 200 more EXP.

After seeing this, I don't know how much longer I can play the same maps over and over and over with no missions or anything...

This isn't challenging work. It's just grinding.

drewcapu
09-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Would a random xp bonus multiplier (for whatever you gained on the run) and/or chance at an extra boss drop for fully completed maps do the trick?

drewcapu
09-15-2011, 01:01 PM
It used to take 26 more EXP per level...

Now at 24-25, it's 1140 and 25-26 is 1368. That's over 200 more EXP.

And if you look at the history of PL's curve changes (as well as the current curve), the SL's 26-200 XP jump (in PL, the 26 stops at L20) is nothing compared to what we'll probably have in store at higher levels.

Do keep in mind that the XP TNL (to next level) for a bunch of PL levels actually went down on the last change.

IMO, the devs tend to keep the XP TNL a bit higher for us trailblazers while waiting for new content. Once content is made available, there's good probability for XP requirements to go down a little for lower levels since there's nothing for them to wait.

In a way, I'm glad that the XP curves aren't just some simple (or complex) rigid formula. Otherwise, nobody would want to look forward to the million or so XP needed to do hardcore L99 to L100 ;)

Navygreen
09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Someone in the PL forum recently suggested that they make the mobs from lower lvl dungeons give higher lvl players exp again and make them harder for us (higher lvl players) to kinda give us some alternative other than ginding the same maps over and over. Example, allowing us to go back to forest haven and instead of us just running through an entire map in 30 seconds, make the mobs harder for our level and allow us to keep gaining exp. That would help a little..

Rob Prose
09-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Scaling maps would be cool. kinda like the HM versions of instances that blizz did for Cata.

IBNobody
09-15-2011, 01:25 PM
And if you look at the history of PL's curve changes (as well as the current curve), the SL's 26-200 XP jump (in PL, the 26 stops at L20) is nothing compared to what we'll probably have in store at higher levels.

Do keep in mind that the XP TNL (to next level) for a bunch of PL levels actually went down on the last change.

IMO, the devs tend to keep the XP TNL a bit higher for us trailblazers while waiting for new content. Once content is made available, there's good probability for XP requirements to go down a little for lower levels since there's nothing for them to wait.

In a way, I'm glad that the XP curves aren't just some simple (or complex) rigid formula. Otherwise, nobody would want to look forward to the million or so XP needed to do hardcore L99 to L100 ;)

By that logic, I could either grind away or go play something else until the TNL curve softens.

1. Straight-up XP grinding is boring and will lead me to quit.

2. Giving me an incentive to wait 6 months to level up will lead me to abandon the game eventually.

3. But... Getting to level 31 on 3 characters and maxing out my gear isn't good either because then I have nothing else to do.

We need something to mix it up a bit. Stiffening or softening the EXP curve isn't really a solution.

StompArtist
09-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Increases sale of 4x elixirs...

Cahaun
09-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Someone in the PL forum recently suggested that they make the mobs from lower lvl dungeons give higher lvl players exp again and make them harder for us (higher lvl players) to kinda give us some alternative other than ginding the same maps over and over. Example, allowing us to go back to forest haven and instead of us just running through an entire map in 30 seconds, make the mobs harder for our level and allow us to keep gaining exp. That would help a little..
Everyone read this quote. I think this is actually a cool idea. (it will be just like frozen nightmares x.x)

razerfingers
09-15-2011, 02:07 PM
Im just loosing intrest in it i liked it cause it was fast paced get it done unlike pl im loosing intrest also cause 55-60 is harder imo than 1-50 but maybe its just me
Edit: and elixirs 3x 30min for 30 plat pricey especially for 30mins like i was expecting they would up the time someday

Cahaun
09-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Im just loosing intrest in it i liked it cause it was fast paced get it done unlike pl im loosing intrest also cause 55-60 is harder imo than 1-50 but maybe its just me
Edit: and elixirs 3x 30min for 30 plat pricey especially for 30mins like i was expecting they would up the time someday
I hear yea. It is significantly longer to lvl, but it does give devs enough time to make a masterpiece expansion without lvl 31's breathing down their necks. It is only temporary. The only part I DON'T like is that I need 34,000 for lvl 31. I was expecting like 15-24k. :p

razerfingers
09-15-2011, 08:57 PM
I hear yea. It is significantly longer to lvl, but it does give devs enough time to make a masterpiece expansion without lvl 31's breathing down their necks. It is only temporary. The only part I DON'T like is that I need 34,000 for lvl 31. I was expecting like 15-24k. :p
I would xp quit lolz

krazii
09-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Yea, 34k is excessive. I think they should scale it down, this is ONLY level 31 of I'm sure many, many, many more planned levels. Should be 20k tops.

Aperfecte
09-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Hey guys,

What map has the best xp? Was thinking of doing some xp runs.

Thx

Mreeks
09-18-2011, 07:38 PM
interesting discussion. Its true that it gets boring when you reach the level cap while waiting for new levels to be released. this was the main reason why i gave up PL after waiting so long for an update sitting on lvl 45. However, credit to the devs for releasing a nice SL patch relatively quickly - the new maps are quite fun.

but i guess there is still the bigger issue, how do you maintain interest without feeling like the game is just a grind to get XP? Maybe, a relatively easy solution (in terms of developers) is to have a set of lvl 30-31 exclusive hard-core maps which drop some legendary pinks (give ppl interest in running them), but these maps have random enemy spawn (rather than pre-set), using the same enemies from the latest maps (so no extra work needed) but the monsters and maps are much tougher. make it challenging - i actually quite enjoy the risk of death, and the stim-rush of trying to save myself from dying! Maybe have some way of logging the completion rate of the hardcore maps - ie: number of boss kills or something. This gives a goal for people to achieve that isn't solely based on item-drops, and might make for competition at an individual and guild level...... This would help fix my only complaint about the new maps - they are generally far too easy to complete.

jpcguy
09-18-2011, 08:02 PM
I love how hard it is now it was way to easy before now it takes forever. Playing more equals more chances to get a vanity. Sts good job keep it up.

Fac3bon3s
09-18-2011, 08:15 PM
First off this thread needs to move to the suggestion area of the forums.

Second there are three amazing ideas suggested in this thread.

The first suggestion is to create a random dungeon mode.
- have 5 dungeons with 3 rotating bosses for each dungeon. These can change once a new expansion is released. As well as adding new random dungeons as content is released.

The second suggestion is to scale levels.
- i'm assuming that you can't give a percentage of an experience point for a kill but if you could, you could make the starting levels give less xp per kill. Like 1/4 of an xp point per kill then 1/3 then 1/2 then 3/4.

And the third suggestion is my own.
- a 10 player mini dungeon for hardcore. Maybe have 3 random dungeons to rotate on. With three bosses from random levels that already exist in the game. The bosses would be quite difficult similar to doing 10-25 man raids in WoW.

Again this thread should be moved to suggestions so I will PM a dev or what ever it is we need to do.

razerfingers
09-18-2011, 08:20 PM

- have 5 dungeons with 3 rotating bosses for each dungeon. These can change once a new expansion is released. As well as adding new random dungeons as content is released.

- i'm assuming that you can't give a percentage of an experience point for a kill but if you could, you could make the starting levels give less xp per kill. Like 1/4 of an xp point per kill then 1/3 then 1/2 then 3/4.

- a 10 player mini dungeon for hardcore. Maybe have 3 random dungeons to rotate on. With three bosses from random levels that already exist in the game. The bosses would be quite difficult similar to doing 10-25 man raids in WoW.

Again this thread should be moved to suggestions so I will PM a dev or what ever it is we need to do.
Oo okay thanks :)

Zimu
09-18-2011, 08:47 PM
The exp required is just fine...if anything it could be higher. grinding is essential to any rpg. The longer it takes to level up, the better, always. if you dont like it, go play hello kitty.
But they do need to add PvP soon. There's a lack of content that pvp would help fill.

SUPAPRODIGY
09-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Remember the good old days in PocketLegends when you could buy elixirs with platinum where the global cool down didnt exist. Thats the things i miss the most in PocketLegends

And some of my first friends on PocketLegends Like TheLoneArcher
Mr.wallace,dragonspeed lexxxi those are just some but it all change when elixirs could only be bought with platinun an come on 1.5 exp for 5 minutes for 2k is just overated i do recall when we could buy 3X for 5 minutes for 6K and now that i think about i miss the old PL the reason i was hooked into playing it but now its all about greed and who has the most
But what can i say our voices arent heard anymore. But times have changed

This is just my opinion not hating The game i still like it.
....;...;....

StompArtist
09-18-2011, 09:54 PM
Remember the good old days in PocketLegends when you could buy elixirs with platinum where the global cool down didnt exist. Thats the things i miss the most in PocketLegends

And some of my first friends on PocketLegends Like TheLoneArcher
Mr.wallace,dragonspeed lexxxi those are just some but it all change when elixirs could only be bought with platinun an come on 1.5 exp for 5 minutes for 2k is just overated i do recall when we could buy 3X for 5 minutes for 6K and now that i think about i miss the old PL the reason i was hooked into playing it but now its all about greed and who has the most
But what can i say our voices arent heard anymore. But times have changed

This is just my opinion not hating The game i still like it.
....;...;....

Extremely well said!

Necrobane
09-18-2011, 11:08 PM
Maybe double xp weekends or something would make the game a little easier ;)

SUPAPRODIGY
09-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Maybe double xp weekends or something would make the game a little easier ;)

How about everyday would be nice.

Necrobane
09-18-2011, 11:35 PM
What if the devs gradually introduced new items like in ao2 and 3. That way there would be an incentive to continue playing, therefore I think the level cap would be less significant.

SUPAPRODIGY
09-18-2011, 11:44 PM
We need more higher new weapons all they did with nuris was transfer AOE weapons over they just raised the stats and level add it the Glyph set some new stuff and you have a new map IMO we need more stuff more weapons that actually look different..

Mreeks
09-19-2011, 12:17 AM
I would also love more new weapons and stuff all the time - but we need to balance this off with the time constraints etc that the developers have and how long it takes to develop new items, maps etc. I think the suggestions summary by Fac3bon3s earlier in this thread might represent a good talking point to develop an in-between that doesn't (hopefully) require too much developer time but could make a big difference to keeping players interested and engaged in this great game.

BodMaster
09-19-2011, 07:50 AM

Yeah they did this in PL with quite alot of the levels which made it alot more interesting for higher players to farm etc.. don't think they ever had XP gain on these but splitting XP to 1/4 etc would also make us want to engage with the game longer though these should still not allow us to gain kills etc.

Before update we worked out the pattern in which the cap was raised and should have only been 10-11 (don't have exact working outs of this but there is a guide on the subject) it seem that this was raised by multiplying this by 3 which I did not see the logic in this.. if this raise was to keep up we will hit 100k XP way before 61 in PL and this will in no way help most players with the looooooong grind or want to hit cap.

Hey guys,

What map has the best xp? Was thinking of doing some xp runs.

Thx

For lvl 28 I would say Venomous level 2 or level 1 even.. or create an instance of level 1 after passing level 2 boss rmk.

BodMaster
09-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Apologies for the double post but below is the one for me!

The only other suggestions that would make PL/SL more interesting/fun to play (mostly SL) was Achievements! xD

IMO great suggestion that would keep alot of the players interested until next lot of content, there was a thread on this but unsure how many seen it.. will edit if I can find it again.

Cahaun
09-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Achievements sound good! They kinda did it in the number of kills you got like I.e. 10 kills! Student!

BodMaster
09-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Achievements sound good! They kinda did it in the number of kills you got like I.e. 10 kills! Student!

Yeah so it would be a future possibility, was thinking more the lines of Xbox achievements, complete a level within a certain time limit, with or without any deaths solo/group etc, the possibilities are endless!

Edit:

Also previous talk of using Online Scoring systems such as; Open Fient, Game Center. STS have big connections within Droid, Apple companies so I hope this wouldnt be to much of a problem.

Ebalere
09-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Scaling maps would be cool. kinda like the HM versions of instances that blizz did for Cata.

Errrr... What?

razerfingers
09-19-2011, 10:51 PM
The exp required is just fine...if anything it could be higher. grinding is essential to any rpg. The longer it takes to level up, the better, always. if you dont like it, go play hello kitty.
No lol

Copperti
09-20-2011, 10:56 AM
SL for hardcore gamers? It is a money sink is what it is. PL get's you interested, then they change tactics and make the newer game, SL, so hard that you almost have to rely on buying things with PLAT just to be able to have fun. I have been playing MMO's since 1996 (Meridian 59) to include the Chinese style MMO's (Perfect World) and so far even though PL and SL resemble the Chinese style ones with the "pay for everything good" mentality---SL is even worse. In these games, the quest gear sucks compared to anything you can possibly buy, forcing you to have to buy in-game money in order to be of any use. It would take a serious spender a good amount of real money just to get anywhere serious and even for crafting. I would rather pay a monthly fee for a game so that I could at least get a decent item just from questing/missions rather than the constant fishing in my bank card every time I am in need of improving myself in some way or another. Sure, SL/PL is "free to play" --- but in the end it costs you more than a "Pay to Play." I have yet to buy PLAT in SL, that idea died with me in PL.

Will I still play SL? Sure, but once I die too many times and run out of Stims, that's when I shut down the game and open up another game until the next time I feel like being beaten to hell by mobs that are supposedly "my level."

This game has A LOT of potential. It is one of the best looking mobile MMO's out there, but jeez it really is a money sink--like Las Vegas on your mobile device! That's just my 2 cents.

...and yeah, I am disappointed too.

octavos
09-20-2011, 11:11 AM
SL for hardcore gamers? It is a money sink is what it is. PL get's you interested, then they change tactics and make the newer game, SL, so hard that you almost have to rely on buying things with PLAT just to be able to have fun. I have been playing MMO's since 1996 (Meridian 59) to include the Chinese style MMO's (Perfect World) and so far even though PL and SL resemble the Chinese style ones with the "pay for everything good" mentality---SL is even worse. In these games, the quest gear sucks compared to anything you can possibly buy, forcing you to have to buy in-game money in order to be of any use. It would take a serious spender a good amount of real money just to get anywhere serious and even for crafting. I would rather pay a monthly fee for a game so that I could at least get a decent item just from questing/missions rather than the constant fishing in my bank card every time I am in need of improving myself in some way or another. Sure, SL/PL is "free to play" --- but in the end it costs you more than a "Pay to Play." I have yet to buy PLAT in SL, that idea died with me in PL.

Will I still play SL? Sure, but once I die too many times and run out of Stims, that's when I shut down the game and open up another game until the next time I feel like being beaten to hell by mobs that are supposedly "my level."

This game has A LOT of potential. It is one of the best looking mobile MMO's out there, but jeez it really is a money sink--like Las Vegas on your mobile device! That's just my 2 cents.

...and yeah, I am disappointed too.

I understand your frustration, me being a plat spender, its ment to to a casual game. I like plat spending, but if you play off and on say a few weeks (Farm lower levels with tons of chests), then you can buy your arsenal from the auction house. I do that daily so i always have stims and mana and gold to burn on my main. i put put the deaths on my others to level my main toons so they look nice :p SL doesn't have many levels, so its ment to take a bit to level, buy, and enhance your avatar you like playing with..... Im not judging you by any means. since im still new to MMO. but dont buy the plat and dont try to rush the game, its still a baby :D

BodMaster
09-20-2011, 11:56 AM
but dont buy the plat and dont try to rush the game, its still a baby :D

Im with you on this one buddy.. its true plat helps but I only ever plat my main or if it actually has better stats ect compared to others.. plat my main at 26 for Com but my alts I used Rat and Sunwalker :) at 31 my main is Non-Plat and my Engi is Plat though my Op will be Non-Plat..

Just need to take your time.. if your unable to even scratch an enemy on your own play with a group..(what SL was intended for) with a good group you don't need to use any stim, unless backed into a corner and then you can can still get through a level with 5 stim at most.. only reason alot use plat is that they want to keep up with their company.

With plat in the game this will never change in PL or SL you just need to put a little more play time into it :)

Since playing in first days of Beta I have to yet witness a Vanity or Pink drop though this was the same with PL just luck of the draw.. you get a Pink or Vanity and you could become close to a millionaire..

Early days yet.. the Devs listen to our input, if you have suggestions to help the game in any way why not make a thread :)

octavos
09-21-2011, 10:24 AM
the Devs listen to our input, if you have suggestions to help the game in any way why not make a thread :)

Agreed +1 Bod, Suggestions make this game great :)

Greeve
09-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Only gets worse as far as tedium 26-30. Plus the new zone is smaller and less stimulating that numa IMO especially after the purple fever wears off. Let's not confuse tedium with difficulty. Still enjoying the game however. Only thing I wonder about is how well this low level content will hold up for new players a year from now. You won't see nearly as many low level games. Grinding through these levels will be much harder then IMO.

CanonicalKoi
09-21-2011, 12:06 PM
They call it "grinding" for a reason-it becomes a grind if you feel like you *have* to play X number of hours a day in X levels to get to 31. Pushing for 30 was fun, but I really can't see pushing that hard for 31. Instead, I'll just play--have some fun; get a chance to run with folks I haven't run with yet, help some folks get thru the Director for the first time, maybe pick up some stuff towards custom gear or a vanity or just something pink. :) If I hit 31, terrific. If not, well, I'll hit it sometime when the next cap comes around. Treating it like a job just makes it boring to me and unless your guild is wanting a spot on the LB, I can see how people can get burned out.

Numb
09-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Grinding the same maps is boring.

Unfortunately I like these games.

So a grinding I will go.

I will say why not just fix the horrible quests. In both games. Make them award a substantial amount of XP. Better rewards. More potions. Currently half the quests give nothing but very small amounts of gold/credits. Very few quests give potions. (The daily quest only gives 5 of either hp or mana.. wtf.) Every now and then ill get an upgrade from a quest but not often enough. Those quest want you to collect 1k of some item. The only reason I do the quests is because you can track how many you have completed.

IMO

Happy day :-)

Ebalere
09-21-2011, 01:36 PM
They call it "grinding" for a reason-it becomes a grind if you feel like you *have* to play X number of hours a day in X levels to get to 31. Pushing for 30 was fun, but I really can't see pushing that hard for 31. Instead, I'll just play--have some fun; get a chance to run with folks I haven't run with yet, help some folks get thru the Director for the first time, maybe pick up some stuff towards custom gear or a vanity or just something pink. :) If I hit 31, terrific. If not, well, I'll hit it sometime when the next cap comes around. Treating it like a job just makes it boring to me and unless your guild is wanting a spot on the LB, I can see how people can get burned out.

That's exactly my feelings on this.. I put 4 toons to 26 last cap, this time I'll probably put Eba to 31, but no rush. 34k xp is just too much this early on in the content, and I'd hate to blow 100's of plat grinding just for another cap raise and new content to come. Being on leaderboards was nice, but it drew alot of negative attention as well, I'm sure there wouldn't be 3 copycat cydonia guilds in PL if we were more lowkey. I'm just gonna enjoy the game to the fullest, and some things I enjoy are helping lower levels do runs, learn their way around blackstar, help with crafting, and stuff like that. I know I'll hit 31 eventually, just no rush. It's far more rewarding to me to see someones reaction when I deck them out in a full set after helping them get to whatever level they wanted to be. If you're bored of grinding, take a break and help your fellow spaceman/woman, you never know when good karma returns!