PDA

View Full Version : Sharing one Arcane ring between 3 classes: what jewels?

Nobear
08-12-2016, 05:03 AM
I have a 56 warrior, 52 sorc, 51 rogue. I have an Arcane ring crafting. My warrior (tank) is my main and naturally has the best gear, including Glint Aegis and Nekro, but my other toons have 46 mythic weapons and I do play them all.

For now, I plan to share my one Arcane ring between all three. Someday I might be rich enough for two or three rings, but for now it's just one. My question is: what jewels should I use?

My first thought is all Chaos, as it helps both sorc and rogue a lot. Since sorc has pure Mind atm and rogue has pure Finesse, they both have as high bonus damage modifiers as I can afford, so I'm thinking Chaos in the ring would be a nice synergy to boost damage for both with one ring.

But then there's the fact my warrior is my main, and I want him to be an elite-focused tank. Sure, the Chaos would also give him plenty of damage because he's got all Fury in his other gear, but we all know damage is not the most important thing for a tank.

Any ideas or suggestions?

dinzly
08-12-2016, 05:31 AM
craft the 2nd arc ring for your tank..problem solved

Robhawk
08-12-2016, 05:35 AM
Since STR is helpfull for all 3 classes with main focus on elite tanking with your warrior imho its clearly 3 STR jewels...

Iockedcrate
08-12-2016, 05:35 AM
one exq chaos two exq fury

Downwithnotts
08-12-2016, 05:36 AM
I have a 56 warrior, 52 sorc, 51 rogue. I have an Arcane ring crafting. My warrior (tank) is my main and naturally has the best gear, including Glint Aegis and Nekro, but my other toons have 46 mythic weapons and I do play them all.

For now, I plan to share my one Arcane ring between all three. Someday I might be rich enough for two or three rings, but for now it's just one. My question is: what jewels should I use?

My first thought is all Chaos, as it helps both sorc and rogue a lot. Since sorc has pure Mind atm and rogue has pure Finesse, they both have as high bonus damage modifiers as I can afford, so I'm thinking Chaos in the ring would be a nice synergy to boost damage for both with one ring.

But then there's the fact my warrior is my main, and I want him to be an elite-focused tank. Sure, the Chaos would also give him plenty of damage because he's got all Fury in his other gear, but we all know damage is not the most important thing for a tank.

Actually go for chaos, damage is good for tanks in elite as long as u surpass 3.2k armor.

resurrected
08-12-2016, 05:39 AM
I'd rather make it full nature for hp boost for all classes. I also have one ring and share it to my sister ( rogue ) im tank. Works perfectly. Or make it fury/finesse/mind. Universal

Safiras
08-12-2016, 06:13 AM
The best, most versatile arcane ring upgrade is 2 eye 1 para. But in today's economy it would cost a bomb. In my opinion if your main is a tank and you use your other two toons sparingly, full fury is a good choice because it gives your tank the best boost stat wise, and for your rogue and mage it will give extra health and thus extra survivability.

Vrazicak
08-12-2016, 07:27 AM
Just put on 3 excellent nature or higher, they are super cheap and will actually help, you don't need high damage you need a lot of Dot, you got aegis, you need axe pull full upgraded with mastery 1/10 and windmill 5/5 and get a 5/5 jugg, when you encounter mobs, heal,nekro,when nekro shield is off, jugg, when jugg runs out another nekro shield is ready, and there you go.
Aegis is an amazing weapon and it's really a must have for any warrior

Kakashis
08-12-2016, 08:20 AM
I use para gem and 2 chaos

Kim S. Barcelo
08-12-2016, 08:34 AM
Try tarlok gems: 5 to all stats or fortified fury, fin, mind 5 to all stats.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Plqgue
08-12-2016, 09:16 AM

I use pure chaos in my arcane ring and planar pendant and I use all three classes as well

Aimanxasuna
08-12-2016, 11:02 AM
I used to have the same issue. My main is a rouge, but I also play mage and tank quite often. I dont have the luxury to get 1 para 2 eyes, or another ring, so I shared finesse arcane ring and planar pendant with all of them.

At first I thought I should do something about the jewels to even things out with my alts. But over time, I come to appreciate having finesse as rogue is my main. Now I dont mind the jewels that much when I'm on my alts, as long as they wear arcane ring and planar pendant, they are good enough.

You'll always want your main to have the best gear, so I suggest go full fury for your arcane ring. No regret for the long run. Cheers!

Fsuryo
08-12-2016, 11:58 AM
I have 56 mage. 56 rog. 54 war (on my way to reach 56)
I fill my planar pendant and arcane ring with 1 noble chaos each slot, so i got 6 noble there, but every slot on each character equipment (helm, armor, etc) i fill with primary jewel based on classes.

Iliketolol
08-12-2016, 01:01 PM
One excellent finesse one mind and one fury, best of all!

epicrrr
08-12-2016, 02:05 PM
3 para :banana:

Psychoism
08-12-2016, 02:17 PM
Full nature, It will help ;)

Nobear
08-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Thank you for all the suggestions! I got 15 responses so far, 12 of which clearly read my post about this being a temporary solution. I can't just make gold out of thin air, and there are other upgrades I think will make a bigger difference before I consider a second Arcane ring.

Out of those 12 serious posts, the vote was tied between three suggestions: full Fury, full Chaos, and full Nature. If I count the person who said 1 Para 2 Chaos as a full Chaos vote for me in practice, full Chaos would win by one vote.

I still have 2+ days for my ring to finish crafting to make my final decision, but I've narrowed it down to the top three contenders.

Thank you all for your input!

acewasabi
08-12-2016, 09:41 PM
i share my ring with all classes and i have full nature in it. seems to offer the broadest benefit to all classes (who doesn't like hp? lol). chaos doesn't really benefit my war who's a tank, fury only really benefits mage n rogue with hp but nature gives more hp to them than fury anyway. my 2c :)

Nobear
08-12-2016, 09:59 PM
Yeah, Fury would also make my sorc's shield stronger, but my rogue wouldn't get any added bonus. Do you know how much more HP Nature gives over the same quality Fury?

Nature and Chaos are now basically tied at 4 votes each.

Nobear
08-12-2016, 10:09 PM
One suggestion I have not heard is Diamond. Do people consider the HP from Nature to be hands-down better than the armor from Diamond, at the same quality?

On a somewhat related note, I also share a Lepre between the three classes, and I currently have it socketed with three Diamond. My thinking was that, if I use it to switch to when boss HP is low, I want the best chance of surviving that last bit of the fight. However, IDK whether Diamond or Nature would help more for this.

Alternately, I could take the approach that I want to finish the boss as fast as possible when his HP is low, so I could have gone with Chaos instead. That would have also probably helped me more in KM3. Decisions decisions, lol.

But in any case, since Lepre only takes up to Weak quality jewels, I think my decision for the Arcane ring remains more important.

greekAL
08-13-2016, 06:40 AM
for sure u shouldnt sacrifise the str of tank! i think u need 2 rings at all 1 for tank and 1 for the other two with chaos jewels! if u cant afford 2 rings imo go full str ring! ur tank is ur main will take advantage of str and the other chars will take advantage of extra health! u will lose damage at mage and rogue but ur main will stay good! other possible way is craft ur ring full nature jewels! useful for all clashes and cheap the same time! thats my opinion at all what u will do in the end is based on ur playstyle at all :)

marsu4u
08-13-2016, 09:28 PM
Clearly 3 excellent fury's will do the job, I have a lvl 56 war, 53 rogue & a 46 mage. As a temp solution this had worked for me. Just like you I also want to buy rings per char but need to get a bit more gold. So our situations are very similar & I reccomend fury FTW!

Nobear
08-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Fury is now ahead with 5 votes. Chaos and nature each have 4 votes. Dang ring is still crafting haha, thanks for the continued input!

marsu4u
08-13-2016, 09:55 PM
Fury is now ahead with 5 votes. Chaos and nature each have 4 votes. Dang ring is still crafting haha, thanks for the continued input!

Np
(Character limite)

froilan34
08-14-2016, 01:33 AM
1 noble chaos
1 noble nature
1 noble diamond

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

dinzly
08-14-2016, 01:46 AM
1 exquisite fury
1 exquisite finesse
1 exquisite mind

there u go..universal arc ring with stats ALMOST like u hv full eye arc ring

Cons
08-15-2016, 12:35 AM
Just use 2 Superb Nature and 1 Superb Chaos. Problem solved

Nobear
08-16-2016, 02:17 AM
Update: For now I have gone with frolian34's solution, although I don't have Noble anything yet and I'm trying to save for other upgrades before jewels.

I'm using the highest quality that I had of his universal jewel suggestion, which is a Superb Nature, Superb Diamond, and Excellent Chaos. My only other Superb right now is a Water lol, and I think I'm good enough on mana with the ring itself.

I'll be replacing these gradually as I go, and someday get another ring, but this will have to do for now. Also, I didn't have near the same quality Fury jewels since I'm using Fury in the rest of my gear.

Thanks again for the feedback on this guys!

Oaheuzihar
08-16-2016, 10:35 AM
I would use 2 chaos 1 fury since fury helps both mage and warrior and chaos helps all 3 classes but moreso the rogue, creating a nice balance IMO.