PDA

View Full Version : Farming

Vrazicak
08-12-2016, 07:50 AM
I was just wondering if there was any fun way of farming in AL?
I'd like to see questlines like for Magical Mug, but for actual gear that I'd use or some reward like gold.
Despite the fact this is the best MMO RPG in my opinion, this game misses originality, in PvE it all comes to one point, grind, grind and grind, without even getting a chance to enjoy you hardwork, meaning you don't manage to get the slightest profit out of your farming, every type of farming MUST have planar tombs/lock opening system, more you tombs you run/locks you open, more fragments/tokens you get, each cap needs it's vendor, not a luck based teeth farming vendor like Tindirin expansion had, we need a 100% sure drop after each run we did, now I'm not requesting it to be easy, all I want is to get to know that my farming and my effort leads to something, that it won't be just one more disappointing run with disappointing loot. Almost everything in AL is luck based and that is what I strongly dislike, because you can literally spend 10 hours farming for example Arcane chest, and end up with nothing but a lot of frustrations and disappointments, while there's literally a guy who was like "hm, my luck elixir is about to end, lets do 1 run in dead city map" and he literally looted a chest.
I know you're trying your best StS, but you really put too much effort in somethig as useless as housing, a lots of friends that I join have empty taverns with 3 PvP locations bought, they don't really want to spend millions on something they will spend their "AFK hours" in. Instead of putting a large effort in housing, put an effort in something useful which will help thousands of farming Arlorians all across the levels!
#makepveusefulagain

Plqgue
08-12-2016, 09:24 AM
I was just wondering if there was any fun way of farming in AL?
I'd like to see questlines like for Magical Mug, but for actual gear that I'd use or some reward like gold.
Despite the fact this is the best MMO RPG in my opinion, this game misses originality, in PvE it all comes to one point, grind, grind and grind, without even getting a chance to enjoy you hardwork, meaning you don't manage to get the slightest profit out of your farming, every type of farming MUST have planar tombs/lock opening system, more you tombs you run/locks you open, more fragments/tokens you get, each cap needs it's vendor, not a luck based teeth farming vendor like Tindirin expansion had, we need a 100% sure drop after each run we did, now I'm not requesting it to be easy, all I want is to get to know that my farming and my effort leads to something, that it won't be just one more disappointing run with disappointing loot. Almost everything in AL is luck based and that is what I strongly dislike, because you can literally spend 10 hours farming for example Arcane chest, and end up with nothing but a lot of frustrations and disappointments, while there's literally a guy who was like "hm, my luck elixir is about to end, lets do 1 run in dead city map" and he literally looted a chest.
I know you're trying your best StS, but you really put too much effort in somethig as useless as housing, a lots of friends that I join have empty taverns with 3 PvP locations bought, they don't really want to spend millions on something they will spend their "AFK hours" in. Instead of putting a large effort in housing, put an effort in something useful which will help thousands of farming Arlorians all across the levels!
#makepveusefulagain

+1 we want content more than furniture

Alwarez
08-12-2016, 11:39 AM
Instead of putting a large effort in housing, put an effort in something useful which will help thousands of farming Arlorians all across the levels!
#makepveusefulagain

+10000 to this idea

Vrazicak
08-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Keep on commenting people please, I want devs to see this!
#makepveusefulagain

Alwarez
08-12-2016, 02:46 PM
Actually, arcane chest idea is good for farming in all levels. But the single drop being a final result is just bad. There should be crafting materials for it dropping. Or at least tokens for some of the vendors which already exist in the game.

thekragle
08-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Hey!!!! I love my house, its a nice bit of change in the game, BUT yeah it would be awesome to get more farming quests for items in PvE and PvP. And dont get mad, more furniture crafting items to farm as well ;)

The planar pendant quest and magical mug quests are great examples of good ole' fun and hard work paying off.

leslietheone
08-12-2016, 02:59 PM
i thought the same, they said that they couldn't make any more banner for country because their servers can only have a certain amount of items/vanities/etc but now they come with the housing and introduce us to +100 stuff for housing. But your servers cannot manage to make another +/- 30 banners.

Alwarez
08-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Hey!!!! I love my house, its a nice bit of change in the game, BUT yeah it would be awesome to get more farming quests for items in PvE and PvP. And dont get mad, more furniture crafting items to farm as well ;)

The planar pendant quest and magical mug quests are great examples of good ole' fun and hard work paying off.

Nobody is mad when interactive and desirable items are available via drops or crafting and not plat-only.

crudmudgeon
08-12-2016, 03:30 PM
We have great farmables... but they are under-utilized. Planarite ingot, Dragonite bar, Refined Cryogem ingot... all good farming... but not used outside the expansion they were released in. Fangs are still profitable without using luck because of APs attached to glintstone set... but the set is not useful for endgame at this point so once completed it will feel like a disappointment rather than an accomplishment.

Combining farmables to craft very strong/arcane-grade gear... best idea ever! Maybe a series of arcane armors/helms requiring increasing number of farmables at higher levels...
Lv16 - 1x planarite, 1x bar, 1x vials
Lv56 - 9x planarite, 9x dragonite, 9x vials.
Elixers to "imbue" armors/helms/rings/amulets crafted using 10x vials and 10x beast essences
Creative uses for farmables will be better received than yet another way to spend plat...

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

greekAL
08-13-2016, 06:47 AM
yep will be very good if we combine materials for all levels! buffing the farm of fangs/dragon bars/planar tombs/vials will help ppl have something to do! gears for all levels with those materials will help farmers stay in line again and make cash! atm most of farmers are broke and cant afford most of eggs/items at game!

Azerothraven
08-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Wow you really like typing don't ya

gunlet
08-14-2016, 12:40 AM
Need some craft able vanity of legendary class in which one of integrant is on tradable.. Farm integrants sell for money and only one who worked for it can have last item...its same like trophy .. It would be cool if a vanity :D

Vrazicak
08-14-2016, 01:20 PM
Is PvE worth running to aynone below level 46? That's probably the bottom line of successful random km3 runs, besides that, what ''sure profit'' do we have? You spend half an hour daily to do Planar tombs daily quest, for 10 planar essences, meaning you gotta do 3 daily quests for 2 crafted fragments which will bring you 8k, and 18 fragments, so basically you need to spend approximately 20 days farming half an hour each day to earn a profit of 300k? That means 10 hours of farming, while in km3, you can farm 6 lockeds per elixir(approximately), elixir costs 9k, and 6 lockeds-36k, meaning 25k/elixir or 50k per hour multiply 10 with 50k= yup you have 500k and you didnt even have to bother feeding pets nor using pots, and you get pve kills. In special event days those 6 lockeds can reach up to 9k each which results in even more insane profit. How does anything else pay off good? Arcane chest? Arcane fossil from arena? Nawww you gotta spend hours and hours of boring grind especially in dead city maps, and end up getting nothing because some guy decided to do 1 run in lost mage's mine and just stole Arcane chest that you were suppose to get, and that is really really unfair, because some people really give an effort and a lot of their time for what? For literally getting their hardwork stolen by someone else.

Kingofninjas
08-14-2016, 02:02 PM
Wait what? There's a quest line for magical mug?

Gouiwaa9000
08-14-2016, 02:42 PM
+100000 farming is dead . Now we have some kind of mine slavery , nothing else. My friend spend a whole week in arena stacking up chests and opened today. Guess what? Total profit was 64k... From one week. And then comes a random guy who loots fossil in his 1st chest. We need more items like fangs/jewes/vials (when they used to be expensive... ) something besides locks that we can see pay off .

mrm
08-14-2016, 05:47 PM
+100000 farming is dead . Now we have some kind of mine slavery , nothing else. My friend spend a whole week in arena stacking up chests and opened today. Guess what? Total profit was 64k... From one week. And then comes a random guy who loots fossil in his 1st chest. We need more items like fangs/jewes/vials (when they used to be expensive... ) something besides locks that we can see pay off .
il post the video later haveig hard time to edit all the cursing words out x.x
btw gouiwaa i have switchd to my level 10 twink gear is cheaper there and its lots more fun i did freind you after that supre rage quit decided to go twink beter then end game
and back to topic i agree farmingwith elixer is bs (talking about crystor elixer and kings elixer for vanitys) and not to mention the maps are not always easy to get a party in and km3 is slavery to but hay atleast if your lucky you might get 3 locks a run wich wil put give you 5 k profit.
the only seltion to make money is
get a printer
get inc and paper
start printing money :p

Kingofninjas
08-14-2016, 06:55 PM
Ya but you won't find it, it's nott in a PvP map.

Lmao. Last I checked those magical mugs were worth something. Where is this quest.

Suentous PO
08-14-2016, 07:33 PM
Too much attention paid to any lil factor of pvp, too little given to pve.
It's odd to me because some of their other games already have great ideas in them that sts already came up with. Farming works in other of their games, I was likely the richest person in pl to not break the tos to get there and I never merched.

I say next time they come up with a new thing to replace whatever in progression they make 2 versions. They can even look the same but different names, just make one version have slightly worse stats than the top shelf gear. The best can go in crates or whatever. The lesser version is farmable or has a quest. Pvpers will ensure a demand for the best gear id imagine.
Avoid giving it a drop rate like the new lv 16 ( or pl staries or sl vanities ) lol

The new xp quests are so good that I find myself leveling up additional toons to ensure something makes money. The number of lv 56 doing those xp quests is telling you something!

-____-'

marsu4u
08-14-2016, 09:30 PM
Interesting ideas lets see what sts has to say

Slekki
08-15-2016, 12:26 AM
Lmao. Last I checked those magical mugs were worth something. Where is this quest.

You can start it in the Kelys Tavern but in order to be able to craft the Magical Mug you'll need a Fancy Mug which costs 25 platinum. You could also buy it from the auction but that would leave you without any reasonable profit.

Vrazicak
08-15-2016, 12:10 PM
I hope they'll take some time to read my thread, and @kingofninjas there's berserker guy at keyls tavern he'll give ya the questline.

Suentous PO
08-15-2016, 03:12 PM
Shuyal splintered bar. or the bar in kelys forgot exact name.

Nott sure but you might need to have done the jarl/alpha wolf/hugal quest for it. Probably don't need it though.

Nah don't have to, I've got it and haven't done any other elite nothin

Kingofninjas
08-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Ah ty everyone for the replies. Probably won't do it anyways xD

Vrazicak
08-15-2016, 08:06 PM
PvE needs to be fully redone, 90% of PvE maps are purely luck based, we need sure profit, something like this; more time and effort we put in it = more we get to enjoy our hardly achieved rewards.

Universalpro
08-15-2016, 09:25 PM
I believe why farming is not profitable nowadays is due to the economy.
Currently al economy is completely messed up. No matter how much u farm when ppl dont have enough gold to buy it prices will remain low.
Consider the example of hisha or bloodgrub vanities. One would expect them to rise after event since they are no longer available but look at the prices they are down by a lot.
Ultimately the main sources for earning gold used to be events, they could 3x/4x ur gold easily but that is no longer the case. Sts needs to introduce better gold making opportunities during events

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Elshaddoll
08-15-2016, 09:29 PM
I believe why farming is not profitable nowadays is due to the economy.
Currently al economy is completely messed up. No matter how much u farm when ppl dont have enough gold to buy it prices will remain low.
Consider the example of hisha or bloodgrub vanities. One would expect them to rise after event since they are no longer available but look at the prices they are down by a lot.
Ultimately the main sources for earning gold used to be events, they could 3x/4x ur gold easily but that is no longer the case. Sts needs to introduce better gold making opportunities during events

It's not about events, oh no. We need something to farm outside events. If you wanted to make gold in elondrian event you should have bpught leafy chests with tokens and sold (in elondria event they sold for more than locks do now. FML) But what do we farm now? Locks being 5k makes km3 slavery even more depressing. farming an item worth over 1m gold (arc chest, set pieces, mold, etc) is just playing the lottery. As so many people have said, arena is ded. What do we do now?

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

Inquistorxx
08-15-2016, 09:45 PM
I think that he is right because I spend lots of hours farming km3 and it doesn't seem fun like he said we should we happy with out accomplishments but we don't cause everything is downgrading ... I think they should Add new stuff to farm in the next expansion and make it so it's easier to make gold for starters who want a leprechaun pendant so bad 🙂 Hopefully devs look at this and start working on it

Vrazicak
08-15-2016, 10:20 PM
It's true what universal said, people do have will to farm but there is this huge difference that you cant help but noticing; lockeds are farmed by 95% of the community and bought and opened by 5% of community, keys didnt bring anything good believe me, just a lot of dreams not coming true again. Lockeds should be openable with farmable material, why? Because it would bring lockeds back to it's normal price, and everyone would have a chance, currently the platinum community is way in front of farming community, because they have huge resources of cheap locks and arcane items are crazily expensive and opening to them is profitable, to key user it isn't cause 60% of his investment goes to keys, it costs 750k to open 3 massive locks to a key user. Please STS, notice my thread, do something about farming, make it profitable, I understand people that buy plat should have privileges, but enough privilege is that they can sit in town and make money, I farm my *** off everyday and still barely managing to make 100k a day. Please, bring the balance to the economy back and consider farming community's needs. Make PvE maps useful again.

Universalpro
08-15-2016, 10:52 PM
It's not about events, oh no. We need something to farm outside events. If you wanted to make gold in elondrian event you should have bpught leafy chests with tokens and sold (in elondria event they sold for more than locks do now. FML) But what do we farm now? Locks being 5k makes km3 slavery even more depressing. farming an item worth over 1m gold (arc chest, set pieces, mold, etc) is just playing the lottery. As so many people have said, arena is ded. What do we do now?

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk
Why i talked about events was if ppl can earn gold from events they would be willing to spend more and that would raise the prices for farming items.
And u couldnt really earn a lot of gold from leafy chests. The old events used to be fun. Imo one of the biggest mistakes sts did was to craft event locks using the massive lockeds instead of the ethereal locks
Anyway coming back to the topic i believe lowering the difficulty of elite underhaul would be a good idea. When the level cap was 41 farming elite tindrin used to be fun and pretty profitable honestly. And also introduce new loots for elite underhaul. Hardly 1% of al's population is interested in the antignome sets.
Introducing arcane wep chests was a very good idea. Sts could have easily introduced them in lockeds and earned plat but they decided to make it farmable. But they need to introduce something that has a slightly better drop rate while keeping the prices up.
Imagine arcane shard being farmable instead of being available in lockeds and the drop rate would not be very low to increase the prices nor very high to drop the prices

blazerdd
08-16-2016, 01:05 AM
Who else read this while drinking something, and had it choked all over their keyboard XD

Vrazicak
08-16-2016, 09:22 AM
I don't know why do they keep trying to do something with PvP balance for the same 100 players that play PvP at endgame, while thousands farm PvE and everyone's well aware of a major PvE problem, luck based farming. We need PvE farming completely rebuilt, out of 92 dungeons to farm in AL, most of farming community is focused on km3, although there's quite some number of people farming arena, km3 is main gold income, and it's really boring and kind of dumb to be slave of one map running it whole day for some decent amount of gold.

Oaheuzihar
08-16-2016, 10:25 AM
You can start it in the Kelys Tavern but in order to be able to craft the Magical Mug you'll need a Fancy Mug which costs 25 platinum. You could also buy it from the auction but that would leave you without any reasonable profit.

It USED to give you profit if you bought the plat mug but now that too many people have passed the tricky part of the questline (10 elite tindirin boss kills) it doesn't give you profit anymore...