PDA

View Full Version : Ignore List Improvement

CMX
09-15-2011, 01:18 PM
In Pocket Legends and Star Legends, there is always a handful of rotten apples that needs to filter out.

-A player that does nothing, leeching experience.
-A bear that hides behind the mages and birds all the time, then join in after they get the aggro.
-and more.

These issue have been in several topics as well. It makes a game less enjoyable.

The only way is to improve the Ignore List. I suggest players under the list will not be able to join a game you are in or the other way round. A prompt box will indicate to that player that he/she is being ignored.

The poor little fellow will start to wonder, "Hey why I can't join in most of the game? I want to leech free experience!" (jk)

Hankomachos
09-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Nice idea +1

Navygreen
09-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey I think this is a cool idea, too. EXCEPT for the prompt box. There's no reason this box should tell them they can't join because they're being ignored. That's just inviting problem. Which may even extend further than just in game. But I would like that they wouldn't even be able to play with you anymore. Even though I don't have but one person on that list... :)

StompArtist
09-15-2011, 01:28 PM
It would have to also prevent you from joining instances that they are currently in. Right?

drewcapu
09-15-2011, 01:29 PM
The only way is to improve the Ignore List. I suggest players under the list will not be able to join a game you are in or the other way round. A prompt box will indicate to that player that he/she is being ignored.

I've personally taken a handful of people off of my ignore list because I happened to join a run with them (or the other way around) a long time after my initial ignore (in some cases I couldn't even remember why I had them on ignore) and found that they were at least decent.

People change. I like to give people the benefit of a doubt.

CMX
09-15-2011, 01:47 PM
I've personally taken a handful of people off of my ignore list because I happened to join a run with them (or the other way around) a long time after my initial ignore (in some cases I couldn't even remember why I had them on ignore) and found that they were at least decent.

People change. I like to give people the benefit of a doubt.

I agree people do change. Low level party is fine and no one really cares who is doing this or that. Everyone is still learning the ropes.

The main concern is, for example a level 55 still acts that he is a newbie.

CMX
09-15-2011, 01:48 PM
It would have to also prevent you from joining instances that they are currently in. Right?

Yes.

Orcish
09-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Takeout the prompt message and exclude towns from the idea. Although this causes other issues with grouping. What if a part member had a buddy that was on your ignore list? What if there was several other members with the same issue? I can imagine someone waiting for a friend to join, only to have to diagnosis what the join issue could be.

bronislav84
09-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Orc makes a great point. Don't exclude towns.

And I +1 this idea, if used responsibly. :)