View Full Version : Advanced match making system

Gouiwaa9000
08-12-2016, 03:00 PM
I know this was suggested alot in the past , its not right that poeple who cant play for a long time loose advantage to those who have AL as a 24/7 job , no matter of the skills , and with everybody concerened about "class balance" it went on the shelf , so i dicided to renew it with a detailed idea ( i dont have much to do in the weekend XD )

Here are some benefits :
1) it will reduce the efficiency of dummy farming ( you will have to have same stats as your dummy , so you wont be able to kill them fast )

2) Everybody will be able to enjoy pvp , no matter how good is their gear . ( And possibly provide more accurate feedback - example : imagine a mage with under 900 damage , if he wants to pvp , he will be forced to fight rouges with stats way higher than his , and with a great possibility loose . How will he react to those "rouges are to weak threads" ? )

3) it will make pvp way more skill related than gear related

4) pvp expirience for newbies wont be ruined by twinks

So here is the idea :
Players will be separeted by both their lvl and their primary stat. Someting like level brackets but with gaps of -/+ 30-40 primary stat ( a player with 800 primary stat will only join to players that have 760-840 ). Once a player joins a game , all gear and pets that offers a primary stat bonus higher than 30 will be locked , to prevent players from joining with one set and then swapping to another . I dont think that implementing something like this wont harm anybody ( i cant think of a negative side for this , only that those twinks that love to farm newbies for kdr wont be able to do that anymore XD )

Earlingstad
08-12-2016, 03:26 PM
Your suggestion is about negating the need for better stats in order to be competitive in pvp. Pvp is competition so I disagree 100%. Games are about achieving goals, not about removing goals because we are unable to put in effort to win. Go and acquire gear to make your character competitive and match whatever opponent the system tosses your way.

Gouiwaa9000
08-13-2016, 03:20 AM
Your suggestion is about negating the need for better stats in order to be competitive in pvp. Pvp is competition so I disagree 100%. Games are about achieving goals, not about removing goals because we are unable to put in effort to win. Go and acquire gear to make your character competitive and match whatever opponent the system tosses your way.

Where did i mention im making this suggestion for my own benefit? XD im quite competetive in pvp . But sadly in AL gear has absolutley nothing to do with how well you play the game or how good your skills are. It only has to do with how much time you have to sit and run km3 . Personaly i know multiple players who are very skilled and cant normaly enjoy pvp because of their work. So here you say that removing gear gap will remove the whole goal of pvp , but if you look the most succsesfull pvp games , dont even have gear ( cs:go , dotta , overwatch etc , etc ) and poeple still enjoy them . Its not right when the winner is decided by how much time one has to run a map where you cant even take damage and 1-hit the bosses.