PDA

View Full Version : How to Beat a Warrior as a Rogue (L56) - PvP Videos

Zeus
08-12-2016, 05:20 PM
It's very difficult, but still possible. However, there's always the chance that you will lose as well as my PvP videos show. You will need a speed set alongside your regular set so you can kite the lava pools when they proc. Typically, you will have 1-2 seconds to swap so I recommend swapping during that time period.

Hope these videos help people out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_z8rjDZ5Sk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fY3RyYkUV0

P.S: I've tried without the speed set to beat warriors. While it is possible, it makes a very very very difficult task next to impossible. This is especially the case if the warrior procs during the downtime of your razor shield or nekro shield. If the damage you take from the pools does not kill you, the stun will.

Zeus
08-12-2016, 05:26 PM
For the skill build, you will want:

3/5 Razor Shield - Last Upgrades Only
2/5 SP - Heal Upgrade Only
5/5 Aimed Shot
5/5 Packs
10/10 Razor Mastery

5/5 Int, Str, Dex, Crit, Armor, Damage

Zeus
08-12-2016, 05:48 PM
If you need tutorials on how to swap efficiently on your device, please let me know. I will show some real time videos on how to do it from a PC and how to do it from a tablet. For a PC, you will need a touch screen PC or a gaming mouse or you will not be able to do the swap fast enough.

soon
08-12-2016, 06:16 PM
This style of hit and run, it would be better with the bow? You could hit without spending mana.

Zulgath
08-12-2016, 06:20 PM
This style of hit and run, it would be better with the bow? You could hit without spending mana.

Armor from daggers is needed.

Zeus
08-12-2016, 06:26 PM

You need the armor from daggers or you will die. I would love the same armor on bow, but no luck...:(

Zulgath
08-12-2016, 06:31 PM
To the vid with Luckydead:
Shows too much effort needed from rog to win chilly tank that uses not so much effort to win.

Zeus
08-12-2016, 06:37 PM
To the vid with Luckydead:
Shows too much effort needed from rog to win chilly tank that uses not so much effort to win.

That is true, the amount of effort it takes for a rogue to win is a lot. If warrior procs like Apple is handing out free iPads, it's even worse...there's not much you can do in that case and that shows in the one duel I lost against him.

Even if you are a slow swapper though, as long as you can swap in 2 seconds or less...it's very useful against warrior.

Zeus
08-12-2016, 07:31 PM

The other thing is that bow would have you way too close in range with bow auto attacks. You should try to maintain as close to 14MM range at all times if possible.

Strohhut
08-13-2016, 07:43 AM
Nice switches man :)

resurrected
08-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Any tips on how to swap for android ? :)
Cool video and tactic.

Zeus
08-13-2016, 10:55 AM
Nice switches man :)

Thank you. Let me know if you need a tutorial on how to do them yourself.

Any tips on how to swap for android ? :)
Cool video and tactic.

Yes, I'll send you a PM. I believe I sent you a video on Line. If you want to upload it to this thread, feel free.

yubaraj
08-14-2016, 05:01 AM
Mesmerized.

I wish I could do something like that.

Seems like switching gears is easier on pc than android.

Anyways thank you for sharing the tricks I hope it will help other rogues to do the impossible.

Zeus
08-14-2016, 12:02 PM
Mesmerized.

I wish I could do something like that.

Seems like switching gears is easier on pc than android.

Anyways thank you for sharing the tricks I hope it will help other rogues to do the impossible.

For some reason, iOS loads menus quicker than Android does. I do not know why, but I've noticed this every time I play on an Android device compared to an iOS device. Perhaps it's in the coding of the client or maybe it's due to how the Android OS is built.

However, it is possible to switch on Android but you will just be slightly slower than an iOS user or PC user.

I've noticed you say that you play on phone, correct? Unfortunately, phone is one of the few that cannot swap so fast because there's no place on screen for multiple hands/fingers. So, in order to swap you really need a tablet...

yubaraj
08-14-2016, 01:14 PM
For some reason, iOS loads menus quicker than Android does. I do not know why, but I've noticed this every time I play on an Android device compared to an iOS device. Perhaps it's in the coding of the client or maybe it's due to how the Android OS is built.

However, it is possible to switch on Android but you will just be slightly slower than an iOS user or PC user.

I've noticed you say that you play on phone, correct? Unfortunately, phone is one of the few that cannot swap so fast because there's no place on screen for multiple hands/fingers. So, in order to swap you really need a tablet...
Hmmm. I am not that smart enough to remember the loading time but that's bit sad that android sucks. Yes I play on 5 inch android phone.

Anyways I tried playing on pc but it felt awkward because I am not used to play AL on pc. Also tried old bulky iPad and it was uncomfortable.

I really need to learn to play in pc.

Thank you for the info though.

Trenton
08-14-2016, 05:32 PM

This is what I've noticed as well, because I have played on my Galaxy S6 as well as the iPhone 6s+, yet the 6s+ clicks menus much faster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Zeus
08-14-2016, 06:59 PM
This is what I've noticed as well, because I have played on my Galaxy S6 as well as the iPhone 6s+, yet the 6s+ clicks menus much faster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yep, don't know why this is the case. Oh well, guess it's just another variation of different advantages of each platform.

Blank119
08-15-2016, 01:22 AM
it seem like the gossip about macro .is not true :) O

Mucsi
08-15-2016, 02:47 AM
My question is: how do you switching between your sets without moving your mouse pointer? Fail?

Shaker Ida
08-15-2016, 05:56 AM
My fellow tanks this is how its done

https://youtu.be/r3WGvc3g4dQ

Wondering why u didnt upload our vs anyway i did for you

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Zeus
08-15-2016, 11:57 AM
My fellow tanks this is how its done

https://youtu.be/r3WGvc3g4dQ

Wondering why u didnt upload our vs anyway i did for you

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Like I said, warriors will still win against rogues even if you as skilled as I am. The point is that it's not impossible. Are rogues heavily disadvantaged in this situation? Yes. Putting up a rogue vs warrior video with the warrior winning is like a sorcerer putting up a video with sorcerer winning warrior. It doesn't really show anything interesting other than the rock, paper, scissors combat triangle.

Anyways, GG!

reiewaun
08-15-2016, 03:01 PM
Like I said, warriors will still win against rogues even if you as skilled as I am. The point is that it's not impossible. Are rogues heavily disadvantaged in this situation? Yes. Putting up a rogue vs warrior video with the warrior winning is like a sorcerer putting up a video with sorcerer winning warrior. It doesn't really show anything interesting other than the rock, paper, scissors combat triangle.

Anyways, GG!

+1 reason for rogues can't win in the duel chamber is not able to refund mana, especially when mana resources are already low when u use 54 arc pendant and seriously no new freaking actual worth armor and helm,what wars do is spam dps and wait to proc to finish
If duels were transferred to a map like tdm forum would be full of wars making drama

Bira
08-15-2016, 03:12 PM
My question is: how do you switching between your sets without moving your mouse pointer? Fail?

What do you mean, why is it "fail?"

Zeus
08-15-2016, 03:23 PM

It's touch screen, I'm not touching my mouse at all. That's why the cursor is jumping, because it's touches. As for accessing the menu, you press I. So in reality, as I said, if you want to swap, you need either a tablet or a PC with a touch screen.

If you want, I can even show you a video of swap in action with fingers included on Line.

What do you mean, why is it "fail?"

He's asking why the mouse is not moving, but jumping.

it seem like the gossip about macro .is not true :) O
Yes, a lot of gossip. The reality is that a macro runs much much faster than these sorts of swap. I can even show how the swap is done on a tablet at similar speeds of the video shows.

Zeus
08-15-2016, 08:25 PM
+1 reason for rogues can't win in the duel chamber is not able to refund mana, especially when mana resources are already low when u use 54 arc pendant and seriously no new freaking actual worth armor and helm,what wars do is spam dps and wait to proc to finish
If duels were transferred to a map like tdm forum would be full of wars making drama

That's true, there's not enough space to be able to out kite a warrior in duel arena. Like I said though, my point of this video was to show that it is possible. I'm not saying I can beat every warrior because I can't. However, a good rogue can overcome a bad warrior. A good rogue cannot really overcome a good warrior though.

So equal skill, warrior will win as they have the advantage anyways. However, when a warrior is a bit worse than you in skill then there's a chance to win.

Bira
08-17-2016, 08:24 PM
It's touch screen, I'm not touching my mouse at all. That's why the cursor is jumping, because it's touches. As for accessing the menu, you press I. So in reality, as I said, if you want to swap, you need either a tablet or a PC with a touch screen.

If you want, I can even show you a video of swap in action with fingers included on Line.

He's asking why the mouse is not moving, but jumping.

Yes, a lot of gossip. The reality is that a macro runs much much faster than these sorts of swap. I can even show how the swap is done on a tablet at similar speeds of the video shows.

Random question. Are you right handed or left handed? I'm trying to swap as fast as you but can't get remotely close.

Zeus
08-17-2016, 09:38 PM
Random question. Are you right handed or left handed? I'm trying to swap as fast as you but can't get remotely close.

I'm ambidextrous.

If you need help, PM Zephy, Ioez or Imbaaaack. They can swap as fast.

Bira
08-17-2016, 11:07 PM
I'm ambidextrous.

If you need help, PM Zephy, Ioez or Imbaaaack. They can swap as fast.

Do you use a mouse or the laptop pad? I'm way off so I'm doing something wrong. I'm very noob do I'm trying to learn the tricks. If you use a mouse, which hand do you use the mouse with? I don't know, maybe my hand position is bad

Zeus
08-18-2016, 12:22 AM
Do you use a mouse or the laptop pad? I'm way off so I'm doing something wrong. I'm very noob do I'm trying to learn the tricks. If you use a mouse, which hand do you use the mouse with? I don't know, maybe my hand position is bad

Neither. Touch screen.

It can't be any touch screen though, your PC needs a capacitive touch screen (like the ones found on iPhone). Alternatively, if you have an android...you can swap while moving which is even better than PC. The reason is that android will allow you to hold joystick while in menu and still swapping. This was something I didn't find out until earlier...nifty feature.

Bira
08-18-2016, 01:05 AM
Neither. Touch screen.

It can't be any touch screen though, your PC needs a capacitive touch screen (like the ones found on iPhone). Alternatively, if you have an android...you can swap while moving which is even better than PC. The reason is that android will allow you to hold joystick while in menu and still swapping. This was something I didn't find out until earlier...nifty feature.

Awesome, I use an android. How do I keep moving while switching menu? Thanks for sharing. Can you give a step by step?

Zeus
08-18-2016, 02:39 AM
Awesome, I use an android. How do I keep moving while switching menu? Thanks for sharing. Can you give a step by step?

Hold joystick in direction you're going. Access inventory, swap load out. Then exit

Bira
08-18-2016, 02:48 AM
Hold joystick in direction you're going. Access inventory, swap load out. Then exit

But I stop running when I hit menu, inventory.... you keep running during the swap.

Plus you have a mouse. It's only on pc? Help a brother out.

You guys aren't in the Olympic, so you can't be 75x faster than the average video game geek. What's the trick? I've been practicing for a couple days because I want to improve my elite runs but still no success. I die during the swap.

If you don't want to share your secrets, can you pm me?

Zeus
08-18-2016, 02:52 AM
But I stop running when I hit menu, inventory.... you keep running during the swap.

Plus you have a mouse. It's only on pc? Help a brother out.

You guys aren't in the Olympic, so you can't be 75x faster than the average video game geek. What's the trick? I've been practicing for a couple days because I want to improve my elite runs but still no success. I die during the swap.

If you don't want to share your secrets, can you pm me?

There isn't any secret...it's just fast fingers and fast device. I can show you a video of a swap in action with fingers visible...

Bira
08-18-2016, 03:10 AM
There isn't any secret...it's just fast fingers and fast device. I can show you a video of a swap in action with fingers visible...

That would be cool if you can post that video. I think maybe I'm doing it wrong. Gracias

Zeus
08-18-2016, 03:20 AM
That would be cool if you can post that video. I think maybe I'm doing it wrong. Gracias

Can't post. If you have a line I'll send you it.

Bira
08-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Can't post. If you have a line I'll send you it.

I don't have line but maybe I'll get it. Can you pm me the link instead or just post here. I'm sure it will be very helpful to others as well. After all, you posted this thread to help us but what good is it if we can't replicate it. :)

Zeus
08-18-2016, 12:02 PM
I don't have line but maybe I'll get it. Can you pm me the link instead or just post here. I'm sure it will be very helpful to others as well. After all, you posted this thread to help us but what good is it if we can't replicate it. :)

It's not a link, it's a video and I'm not going to upload it. I'm not that nice. Some forum members who've commented on this thread have seen it so you can ask them for validity.

Not all knowledge is free. :D

Bira
08-18-2016, 12:10 PM
It's not a link, it's a video and I'm not going to upload it. I'm not that nice. Some forum members who've commented on this thread have seen it so you can ask them for validity.

Not all knowledge is free. :D

Roger that. I'll make a line later today

Zeus
08-18-2016, 12:14 PM
Roger that. I'll make a line later today

Sure, send me a PM on forums when you do. All I ask is that you don't distribute the video...I like to maintain competitive edges - not give them away. I feel like I've shown enough as it is already. :D

Bira
08-18-2016, 12:48 PM
Sure, send me a PM on forums when you do. All I ask is that you don't distribute the video...I like to maintain competitive edges - not give them away. I feel like I've shown enough as it is already. :D

Ok thanks. And don't worry, I'm a pve player. I just want to learn how to kite better for elite maps.

Bira
08-18-2016, 02:13 PM

Pm sent. Thanks man

Lopezman
08-18-2016, 11:55 PM

Anyways, GG!

As skilled as you are? Or do you mean as geared as you are? If you are so skilled, why waste money on using the top end gears? There were the days when a guy with full legendary gears can beat another mythic gear player, e.g. Predator, that is called skill. Relying the top end gears (Including high end touch screen computers) and jewels/gems is unnecessary if you have skills.

Zeus
08-19-2016, 02:17 AM
As skilled as you are? Or do you mean as geared as you are? If you are so skilled, why waste money on using the top end gears? There were the days when a guy with full legendary gears can beat another mythic gear player, e.g. Predator, that is called skill. Relying the top end gears (Including high end touch screen computers) and jewels/gems is unnecessary if you have skills.

You always hate man. I've noticed that's the trend with you. :)

The people I am fighting are also maxed geared, there's no need for this hate. Also, me and Predator are good friends. You can go and ask him if he thinks I'm skilled. He plays under the IGN Faith.

Also, no...my rogue doesn't have top end gears. That would be antignome/banished. In fact, my rogue doesn't even have a single exquisite. The fact is, besides Imbaaaack and me, there's really no other rogue out there that's beating warriors consistently right now. And this is with rogues having the disadvantage in a fight.

It's easy to talk - it's far more difficult to show what you mean. Please, Lopezman, show us all your amazing skills. I'm awaiting in anticipation.

soon
08-19-2016, 02:45 PM
I wanted to know the status of this rogue Imbaaaack. She is very op with Venom set.

Zeus
08-19-2016, 02:49 PM
I wanted to know the status of this rogue Imbaaaack. She is very op with Venom set.

He swaps it, just like I do. And he's also picking up mana packs in PvP. If you mean...status of him against me, you can ask him yourself.

soon
08-19-2016, 03:07 PM
He swaps it, just like I do. And he's also picking up mana packs in PvP. If you mean...status of him against me, you can ask him yourself.

I was wondering damage and health.

I thought you were using mishi (the new dragon) to get mana. It is better than samael?

Visiting
08-19-2016, 08:22 PM
Zeus is a paper rogue :>

Zeus
08-19-2016, 08:37 PM
I was wondering damage and health.

I thought you were using mishi (the new dragon) to get mana. It is better than samael?

IMO, yes, it is. His damage and health is pretty identical to mine.

Visiting
08-19-2016, 10:24 PM
IMO, yes, it is. His damage and health is pretty identical to mine.

Should make a guide on how to best a lvl 56 Zeuz ez pz