PDA

View Full Version : Changing Clock to View Daily Deals

IBNobody
09-15-2011, 03:34 PM
Daily deals work off your devices clock and not the server clock.

My belief is that the daily deals have default values that cycle through every week, but STS can override them.

The default items were not new or radically different like the Riot Shield.

Zbooo
09-15-2011, 03:37 PM
I don't think this is good lmfaomfgwt

Cascade
09-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Dont post exploits. Email them to support@spacetimestudios.com and tell them about it...Edit the thread out please

NeoQueen
09-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah...you might have felt pretty smart figuring this out...but not such a bright move posting it here...

StompArtist
09-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Should be on server time not device time. LOL

IBNobody
09-15-2011, 03:44 PM
I disagree that it's an exploit, but I've filtered out the findings.

I am more interested in how the system works. Default deals or did they have to manually create them every day.

alexjp
09-15-2011, 03:49 PM
To be honest I actually thought of this weeks ago an it didn't work so no point for me to tell them. I don't know now if it does ,but it really isn't a big deal because it just makes ppl buy more plat and STs gets more $$

IBNobody
09-15-2011, 03:55 PM
To be honest I actually thought of this weeks ago an it didn't work so no point for me to tell them. I don't know now if it does ,but it really isn't a big deal because it just makes ppl buy more plat and STs gets more $$

Well, to tell you the truth... I don't know if you can actually purchase the items in question. I just saw them, I didn't buy them. They were all enhancers or vanities of some sort, and nothing you couldn't buy now.

If they were cyclic, you could just load up on the day they went live. That's why I question the "exploit" factor in this.

Samhayne
09-15-2011, 03:59 PM
You can set a different time on your device, but you can't actually buy the daily deal. If you're so many hours off from the server's clock it won't let the purchase go through.

In the future, do not post exploit details to the forums. Instead visit http://support.spacetimestudios.com and send us a ticket about it.

Thanks!

Thread closed.