PDA

View Full Version : The game begins! Episode 01: PERSPECTIVE OF MAGE

devilMors
08-13-2016, 06:09 PM
Perspective is not only the point of view that a player has but also the knowledge of the circumstance and how best to act on it, too. So with these observations, what is the most important thing as a sorcerer? Shield? Fireball? Stun immunity? Sure, these abilities are all very significant impacts in any battle. However, there is one thing more valuable than any of these skills alone and vital to all of them: Timing.
If you have good timing as a sorcerer, you can do amazing things even with Timeshift and Gale in pvp!
It is all about timing.

enjoy,
devilMors

Video Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jCFnlPopyU

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jCFnlPopyU

P.S. This video was made for entertainment and as such there is no intention to insult or offend anyone in it. If I have upset anyone with this content, I honestly apologize.

Zeus
08-13-2016, 07:58 PM
Awesome video! I love the theatrics. However, for next video maybe cut down on the slo-mo?

devilMors
08-14-2016, 03:30 AM
Awesome video! I love the theatrics. However, for next video maybe cut down on the slo-mo?

thank you mate :) the slo-mo emphasizes the timing, though. And yes, there will be less slo-mo for the next episode.

yubaraj
08-14-2016, 05:06 AM
Waiting for episode 2.

and I hope I will meet you in game someday and learn some timing.

Anyways I play in android and about switching skills and gears. I don't have fast skill for switching. Also hard for me to see what's going on actually in this 4 5 inch screen. Hehe.

Thank you for taking time to share the video

chamqion
08-14-2016, 05:27 AM
Nice video bro! Looks awesome with the slow motion, keep going! :)

devilMors
08-14-2016, 05:31 AM
Waiting for episode 2.

Anyways I play in android and about switching skills and gears. I don't have fast skill for switching. Also hard for me to see what's going on actually in this 4 5 inch screen. Hehe.

Thank you, dude. :) Keep watching the videos. They are entertaining and educational.

devilMors
08-14-2016, 05:35 AM
Nice video bro! Looks awesome with the slow motion, keep going! :)

thanks brother! :)

Zeus
08-14-2016, 11:58 AM
Waiting for episode 2.

That's the biggest issue with small screen devices and why I can't play really well on my iPhone but can play just fine on laptop or tablet.

yubaraj
08-14-2016, 01:02 PM
That's the biggest issue with small screen devices and why I can't play really well on my iPhone but can play just fine on laptop or tablet.

Yap that's true. Huhu

Gouiwaa9000
08-15-2016, 06:37 AM
Mind to share build? :P

devilMors
08-16-2016, 05:59 AM
Mind to share build? :P

Instead of managing your mind by saying this is my build, I do prefer saying the skill functions and make your choice according to them.

1. Fireball: Actually, I can't imagine mage without fireball. Almost all strategies of mine based on fireball and I personally suggest you to give the 4 points to fireball (apart from last point). Plus, its cooldown is 4 seconds and by giving 5 points to mastery fireball, you can decrease its time to 3.5 seconds. That means, when you charge your lightning skill ( charging time is approximately 0.5 second ), your fireball skill will be ready to use after those of fireball and ligtning skills used once at the same time; that is, you will have fireball with 3 seconds cd in practice which is same cd in comparison to ice and lightning skills.

2. Frost Bolt: I suggest you to give 2 skill points for this skill ( 1 and 3: Frost bolt and jagged ice ). Many players also give one more point which is ice wielder. However, its not rational to me. Let me share my secret about this issue. Let's say you give one more point to ice wielder and so the damage over time will be increased from 4 seconds to 6 seconds. However, if your opponent is freezed, you can't stun him and so you will have to wait 2 more seconds to be able to stun him ( the duration of freeze) and make sure many players donot know this and charge their fireball or normal attack to stun but fail. Plus, even 1 second is very significant in endgame.

3. Lightning Strike: I suggest you to give 3 skill points for this skill ( 1, 2 and 4: Lightning strike, empowered bolt and positive surge ). I have never seen the electrical discharge works in pvp. However, maybe you can see it :). Plus, for the last point of this skill (shock), I never use that point because of that it is not such a good idea to have the chance of 25% to be able to stun rather than having the chance of 100% with fireball and make sure that after you stun once, you won't be able to stun for next 7 seconds (stunlock). So, the strategy which is based on fire stun won't work if lightning stuns.

4. Arcane Shield: I suggest you to give 4 skill points for arcane shield ( 1,2,4 and 5: Arcane shield, extended shield, static resonance and hardened shielding )

5. Curse: Nowadays, mages are preferred for their high damage and stun immunity in clashes. However, mage is not rogue and one of the most significant difference between mage and rogue is mage AOE ( area-of-effect ) ability and the most efficient AOE can be achieved through curse skill if there are 2 tanks in your team and no pro rogues in opponent team :). Otherwise, you have to change your strategy.

6. Lifegiver (heal): I suggest you to give 4 skill points for heal ( 1, 2, 3 and 4: Lifegiver, increased ranged, empower and regrowth ). Plus, if you want to support your team much more, I also suggest you to have mastery heal ( at least 8/10 ).

7. These stats are ideal as a sorcerer so give the passive points according to these main stats:
HP: 6-6.3k
Damage: 1.330-1.400 ( To me, passive damage is useless. )
Critical: 25-30%
Armor: 1.9k+ ( You need Munch Mouth happiness bonus and passive 2% armor at least )

8. Mastery: To me, spending skill points on arcane shield, fireball and lifegiver is the most rational.

Above all, if you have good timing as a sorcerer, you can do amazing things even with Gale or Timeshift!

Svvords
08-16-2016, 12:18 PM
nice to see you playing again dev, nice vid btw

devilMors
08-16-2016, 01:49 PM
nice to see you playing again dev, nice vid btw

oh, wow! nice to see you again, brother! Most of Nostalgia members are 56 at the moment and I wish you could join us, too :) thank you btw