PDA

View Full Version : Out of Business...thoughts on CS

Evolt
09-15-2011, 10:49 PM
When the 2-level restriction was released, I knew that the CS market would take a hit, but I didn't anticipate that it would affect the prices this much. In the past, a couple months ago, new players rarely plays through each dungeon, they often skip the 'appropriate' dungeons for their level and would power-level in AO1, 2 or 3. At that time, merchants, who would check CS regularily, were like CS gods who can easily control the prices in CS easily. It was heaven for merchants at that time. In the current CS market, most of the more common items had dropped 25-40% in market prices or ESRP (Evolt Suggested Retail Price ). It is quite hard to ‘merch’ because the profit margin is quite low now days. One positive though, is that the prices of ‘rare’ items, like Demon Claw, Block Shield, odd-level Swamp rares...etc, went up significantly. However, these are not items that you could really ‘merch’ because it is so rare.

I used to pocket 1 mil a day from CS, but now, I would be lucky if I can pocket 600k. With Hunzzz Guide to Merching, my sales are hurting and I’m getting out of business (the rumors are true, you are trying to get my out of business Hunzzz...)...farming for drops might be better now days than farming CS. My suggestions to all the new merchants out there, spend more time analyzing the market prices for the items you want to ‘merch’, and set your buying prices lower to anticipate any unexpected ‘flooding’ of items. For the players who are collectors as well, ‘merch’ before collect. Prices of non-discontinued items will drop. For me, I don’t have a Gly set to wear for any of my lvl 60 characters, however, I sell and sold many sets already. When a new dungeon releases, as a merchant, although you have gold, spend wisely and try not to rush in buying the Gly set for 10 mil...I know a player that did this...if you are the type of person that would line up overnight to buy a new PS4 or iPad 4G, then please overspend on the newest items.

The devs should create a ‘Out Of Business’ vanity shield and I would definitely buy it! I’m heading that way anyways...how do other players feel about the ‘new’ CS?

itzyou
09-15-2011, 11:19 PM
New cs huh? Well Ik hunzzz may some times be a jerk (trying not to be rude) but yes the guide created new loops for players to find an Item with 1 or more in cs buy then and resell for 20-50% more:/ for me honestly I don't give a rats behind.. 5mil plus all my cool stuff (wammo, sets, glyph) I'm happy first day I bought glyph sets resold for about 45% more! Good day.. Then lost it all in bigtop armor:/ but hey your better off then a LOT of these other players just gotta keep your head up:D someone wants to be a jerk, deal with it like co-workers, students parents or anyone... Or click ignore

Evolt
09-15-2011, 11:29 PM
I was just making fun, Hunzzz is actually quite nice to me, and my pal...CS is an open market and for experienced merchants, there will always be opportunities to make gold, just not as much as before

mejslll
09-15-2011, 11:29 PM
I DONT LIKE!! I LVLED UP A BIRD AND GOT GREAT DROPS OF 51S AND 53S THAT WOULD HAVE SOLD FOR TONS OF GOLD! NOW I AM HVING A HARD TIME SELLING...:/

dont yelling, all the 30 to 45 lvl stuff that would fund all my new 51 stuff seems to be just about worthless... so if you are getting money for that stuff your doing great!

and devs - yes! i will take that shield too -----lol

itzyou
09-15-2011, 11:36 PM
Scammed me couple thousand to a mil... SHH don't tell him I said this he will flame... Again.. For the 3rd time

Lucilulu
09-15-2011, 11:41 PM
My better days of merchanting are also behind me. Have not even listed an item on my main trader since the hollows update.

Zaltiar
09-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Scammed me couple thousand to a mil... SHH don't tell him I said this he will flame... Again.. For the 3rd time

its not cool to call out people publically.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

flyingscv
09-16-2011, 06:47 AM
I noticed that many things are not selling nowadays. Maybe it is a sign thatbless and less ppl are playingbthebgame, hence less demand. I suspect the era of easy money is over.

小孩子
09-16-2011, 08:15 AM
I was just making fun, Hunzzz is actually quite nice to me, and my pal...CS is an open market and for experienced merchants, there will always be opportunities to make gold, just not as much as before

They'll need to make a Merchants shield first xD

Fatpigwarrior
09-16-2011, 08:20 AM
And I wondered why I failed at merchanting

Rubikin
09-16-2011, 10:00 AM
This is probably something I should know, but what do you mean by the 2-level restriction?

Rubikin
09-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Nevermind. Figured out the answer to my question ;)

Vegetaz
09-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Nah its because the world is in a Recession.

stevieoopsie
09-16-2011, 11:34 AM
I understand your frustration as a fellow merchant. But I mean, markets have gotten more efficient over time with more competition coming in, which is very much a positive for the economy. And the fact that traders are making less money only implies that consumers are getting better deals.

largecommand
09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
ikr?

largecommand
09-21-2011, 06:27 PM
i used to.make somewhat 500k a WEEK, if lucky:/( no sure how u make 600k a week, just amazing) , but how its like 100k a week all the time. i might start lowballing but thats just mean to players;/

Register
09-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Are you kidding Evolt? Your really done?...

You, Tankkaar, and Hunzzz inspired me to merchant before Hunzzz created his guide. Before you created your guide! C'mon! I now have no goal, thank you!...

LOL! Still, you guys did inspire me to merchant... You even got me to merchant in Star Legends when I realized that I can make money in Pocket Legends, with minimal gold. And you quittin' the game! How could you :p

I can see why though...:(

Bunnyshoota
09-21-2011, 06:39 PM
Are you kidding Evolt? Your really done?...

You, Tankkaar, and Hunzzz inspired me to merchant before Hunzzz created his guide. Before you created your guide! C'mon! I now have no goal, thank you!...

LOL! Still, you guys did inspire me to merchant... You even got me to merchant in Star Legends when I realized that I can make money in Pocket Legends, with minimal gold. And you quittin' the game! How could you :p

I can see why though...:(
is that y ur name is register?O.o

TANKKAAR
09-21-2011, 06:44 PM
I know what you mean, Evolt. Its a mad house out there with everyone and there mother thinking they will make millions mechanting or even know how to efficiantly for that matter just because they read a guide.... Lol ... I know i dont have as many slots as you (only a few over 100) but i used to havw no issue keeping them ALL full and grossed about the same 800k to upwards of 1 mil a day. Where now i find on average i have a hard time keeping 20-30 full slots in CS and alot of my stuff i am merching is now all outta cs like the old days for fear of causeing prices to crash again.... Out of business shield for me too please :-)

StompArtist
09-21-2011, 06:49 PM
Well there is so much money in game that folks can quite easily buy what they want. Limited quantity of players for unlimited gold/gear means the prices are bound to drop. I think.

Moogerfooger
09-21-2011, 07:04 PM
And the fact that traders are making less money only implies that consumers are getting better deals.

Or the fact that maybe people are just not biting as often anymore on overpriced/artifical-market-manipulated prices ;)

I think more people than usual are just saving for higher-level/end-game sets.

Zerious
09-21-2011, 07:32 PM
Lol evolt... I really don't see what you're worried about. Remember when BS first came out? A lot of the Ao3 and shadow caves pinks took a dive for a while (although shadow caves drops were 100% for a while, but that doesn't explain ao3).

I'll tell you exactly why it's harder to sell now: everyone is doing it. Competition is a beezy because Nuri's just came out not too long ago and people are still rushing to get the best gear. This means they're selling all their BS gear and if they had twinks, they might even retire them for a while for the extra cash to upgrade their endgame chars.

Right now, Nuri's equips are the hottest items and farmers are having the times of their lives because of it. Meanwhile, the hagglers and merchants aren't landing good deals because the demand for Nuris is at a peak and everything else is at rock bottom.

It's buying season for anything non-Nuri, and the ripest pick is Nuri's equips for the argicultural division of PL economy.

At least this is all what I get out of it :eagerness:

Zeus
09-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Lol evolt... I really don't see what you're worried about. Remember when BS first came out? A lot of the Ao3 and shadow caves pinks took a dive for a while (although shadow caves drops were 100% for a while, but that doesn't explain ao3).

I'll tell you exactly why it's harder to sell now: everyone is doing it. Competition is a beezy because Nuri's just came out not too long ago and people are still rushing to get the best gear. This means they're selling all their BS gear and if they had twinks, they might even retire them for a while for the extra cash to upgrade their endgame chars.

Right now, Nuri's equips are the hottest items and farmers are having the times of their lives because of it. Meanwhile, the hagglers and merchants aren't landing good deals because the demand for Nuris is at a peak and everything else is at rock bottom.

It's buying season for anything non-Nuri, and the ripest pick is Nuri's equips for the argicultural division of PL economy.

At least this is all what I get out of it :eagerness:

You hit it spot on. Note: I have been stocking up on a mother load of twins items. xD

Zerious
09-21-2011, 07:54 PM
You hit it spot on. Note: I have been stocking up on a mother load of twins items. xD

*fist pumps* +1 for Z

Whirlzap
09-21-2011, 08:13 PM
There is around 5-7 billion gold circulating in PL right now I think.
Yes, the CS has crashed. I sometimes merchant but I usually stick to my own old way to make money.
Farming! Yes, I make around 200k each day regularily.'however if I am lucky and get a good drop, around 1.5mil!

13lacklegionz
09-21-2011, 09:07 PM
i used to.make somewhat 500k a WEEK, if lucky:/( no sure how u make 600k a week, just amazing) , but how its like 100k a week all the time. i might start lowballing but thats just mean to players;/

Firstly, Evolt said 600k a day. Probably just a typo, but couldn't resist pointing it out. :p

Also, farming for glyphs is better than merching these days. Just get lucky, sell a glyph for a few mil, and be happy!

Well, that's what happened to me. :p

Conradin
09-21-2011, 09:12 PM
I dont see the point of getting a mil a day. I mean- ive done small scale merchanting since trade came out- but after i can afford my gear im usually done.

apocketlegend
09-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Intristing thread, but I'm not a merchant so Idc lol

TANKKAAR
09-21-2011, 09:26 PM
Firstly, Evolt said 600k a day. Probably just a typo, but couldn't resist pointing it out. :p

Also, farming for glyphs is better than merching these days. Just get lucky, sell a glyph for a few mil, and be happy!

Well, that's what happened to me. :p

I can say with all certainty that was far from a typo and she was probably just being modest. Considering i grossed more then that and have half the available cs slots as Evolt. Very realistic!

Heres how it breaks down in theory:

Lets say for arguments sake you make 5k profit per item you sell (likely way more then this)

150 cs slots x 5k = $750,000 pure profit

Even tho merchanting has become more work then it was previously it can still be a VERY lucritive way to make money... But as in RL it takes money to make money :)

Zerious
09-21-2011, 10:59 PM
I can say with all certainty that was far from a typo and she was probably just being modest. Considering i grossed more then that and have half the available cs slots as Evolt. Very realistic!

Heres how it breaks down in theory:

Lets say for arguments sake you make 5k profit per item you sell (likely way more then this)

150 cs slots x 5k = $750,000 pure profit

Even tho merchanting has become more work then it was previously it can still be a VERY lucritive way to make money... But as in RL it takes money to make money :)

to capitalize on this: start by farming to get some funds going, buy when the CS crashes, and wait for those prices to shoot back up. I've already nabbed a few demon claws because there's less and less going around now.

If you're a merch, it's buying season. This just means you'll have to keep a large stock for a while before selling. In the mean time, hop on the bandwagon and farm for the hotter items because right now with high demand comes a high price for them. Once the market returns to normal and other pinks from lower levels are less seen, you'll make a bigger profit.