PDA

View Full Version : Kicking at boss

CrazieFool
09-16-2011, 12:32 AM
You shouldn't be able to kick people at the boss. Maybe make it so that you can't kick people when there's only few monsters left.

Here's the scenario, you just played 15 minutes with enhancements you bought with platinum. You are fighting the boss and it's seconds from dying and you get kicked out of the game for no good reason.

How do you feel?

Ellyidol
09-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Contra-argument is that a player joins just as you start fighting the boss, dies at the boss, and stays down and leeches loot off the boss drop without any work done, how would the rest of the team feel?

Report whoever booted, if you feel necessary.

Otukura
09-16-2011, 12:47 AM
Not to mention those people who taunt, reset the boss, laugh, and repeat.

Nick41324
09-16-2011, 12:55 AM
I think people might do it in the sewers for lower lvl pink drops

Otukura
09-16-2011, 01:03 AM
I think people might do it in the sewers for lower lvl pink drops

Even if that is the case, it's not OK. If they ran with you the whole run, they deserve the drop. If you are farming for scaled drops, boot as soon as they join, not at the boss.

Kakatoa91
09-16-2011, 01:51 AM
If u feel u got kick out at boss for no good reasons, just report him and explain ur case. STS will check probably.

In SL drop r way harder than PL.

The only times, I see fit to kick in SL atm when hosting is when someone rush to an elite chest while other r still busy killin mobs and out of range or when we say wait b4 opening it coz people died and need to come back.

McBain
09-16-2011, 02:48 AM
Some people still don't understand that the number of people in the party doesn't affect anyone's drop. Unless that person is trolling or not pulling their weight, it's jerk move to boot someone at the boss. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do other than report them like Elly said, and probably more importantly, not play in those peoples' games again.

bronislav84
09-16-2011, 10:22 AM
Number does not affect anyone's drop, but level of highest person affects level of most drops.

Anyway booting at boss is not nice.

CanonicalKoi
09-16-2011, 12:06 PM
In theory, it sounds like a good idea and would probably work well most of the time, but I'm with Otu--people that set out to reset the boss 3 or 4 times are not fun. Or if you're close to the boss and someone makes a mistake and another player starts cursing at the person that made the error. I don't boot generally, but someone doing that falls under my "...unless they're being a jerk" disclaimer and I don't care if the boss is next up and they'd done the whole rest of the run, they're gone. Well, after getting reported, but you know what I mean.

CrazieFool
09-16-2011, 01:03 PM
I agree that if a person is just joining at the boss to farm then kicking is understandable. I can't think of a good way to prevent this without hurting innocent players who are just trying to help.

Nick41324
09-16-2011, 01:10 PM
Yea its happened to me a few times thats why i said it.

Draco Mikato
09-16-2011, 01:21 PM
I don't know if you got disconnected but you left right before we were about to take on the director droid

Orcish
09-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Report whoever booted, if you feel necessary.

If u feel u got kick out at boss for no good reasons, just report him and explain ur case. STS will check probabaly. This isn't a reportable offense, on top that, let's add a million more reports to a ever growing pile that STS has to waste more time, money, and energy on. I'm sorry but I can't wrap my head around how players can justify, any issue they may experience as reportable. Obviously it's wrong to boot someone at a boss, but there could be a million other reasons why that particular situation happened. Send a pm as to why and explain to them how drops work, and if nothing else, just put them on ignore and never group with that player again. IMO it's worth that one bad experience to learn about that player's gaming behaviors. This idea at first glance looked legit until you bring the in situation as mentioned above into the scenario, it just doesn't work. If anything adding a, vote to boot option for every player in that group would be a more viable solution.

EDIT - Even that idea doesn't work. Like anything else we have to weigh the pros and cons. You have to ask yourself do the pros justify the cons? Really I'm happy the way the system is currently, it's easy enough to join another game :)

CrazieFool
09-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Whoops

KingFu
09-16-2011, 02:38 PM
This isn't a reportable offense

restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Game

I'd say it is...

Draco Mikato
09-16-2011, 02:39 PM
I didn't assume anything so please do not get all sensitive. Which is why I said "I don't know if you got d/c"

But if it was intentional, I just hope you don't abandon your parties at future games right before a boss. I may be wrong but I think I was "busy" before you left. I may be wrong.

Good luck. :)

Rob Prose
09-16-2011, 02:40 PM
This is why you never run pick up groups for end game content. Grab some guildies and roll all night. Is it kinda lame? Bet ur bottom dollar. Is it against ToS or any other terms making it a reportable offense? No.

CrazieFool
09-16-2011, 02:58 PM
I was talking to Orcish not you Draco lol

Orcish
09-16-2011, 03:11 PM
I'd say it is...
So if somebody kicks me from a guild for whatever reason, or someone kills me in pvp, or casts root on me etc etc so long as I feel offended or it prevents me from enjoying the game or inhibits me in any way, I can report that player? I disagree with how this is being interpreted. If a player created a bunch of toons to lock up a town, OK I can see this being reportable. If someone found a bug that allowed them to steal gold or items and used it, that would be reportable. If a player blocked another players communications (network traffic, texting, posting, etc), that would be reportable. Pretty much anything along those lines, it's not suppose to be, you booted me there for I report you kinda feature.

Orcish
09-16-2011, 03:18 PM
I was talking to Orcish not you Draco lol
And I was speaking to Ellyidol & Kakatoa9. Did you miss the quotes?

CrazieFool
09-16-2011, 04:22 PM
We are winners Draco lol
<3 Orcish

Draco Mikato
09-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Sorry for any confuzzlement

Ellyidol
09-17-2011, 01:45 AM
Orcish, it is considered an offense. Devs have banned for grief booting before, some may still know who that prime example is.

The main offense is going against 'ruining another player's playing experience'.

Booting in itself is not an offense, however, booting excessively and for the intent of being a jerk or just trolling is.

Orcish
09-17-2011, 02:59 AM
Orcish, it is considered an offense. Devs have banned for grief booting before, some may still know who that prime example is.

The main offense is going against 'ruining another player's playing experience'.

Booting in itself is not an offense, however, booting excessively and for the intent of being a jerk or just trolling is.

Probably because that person was booting everyone from the group not just one person, over and over again, that would be a reportable offense. At what point is it considered "excessive" when a player is booted repeatedly? Why would anyone repeatedly rejoin that group, to the point where is would be considered excessive booting/griefing? If the host had their own reasoning as to why, who is to say that they are wrong? Unless the host said out loud something along the lines of, "You suck therefore I'm booting you because I'm a big fat jerk", there's really no way you can prove they are being a griefer. Maybe they don't know about locking games up, or don't want to bother with going the extra mile, maybe they thought that person was somebody who ripped them off, maybe that person just likes to be in three member groups only, who knows, there isn't enough reasoning IMO to say it's reportable, because to me it's not. I <3 you guys but I'm going to agree to disagree. I'm not looking for ammo or anything, but out of pure curiosity, does anyone have a forum link to any players that were banned for excessive booting? I wanna read up on some of the details about that situation. I wanna a good reason to change my opinion, and I can only do that with knowledge. If anyone could help me with that, I would very much appreciate it.

Ellyidol
09-17-2011, 03:12 AM
No, you're right that booting one player is not an offense, no matter how many times. You're right that it's at the hosts discretion whether he wants to keep that one player in particular or not, if that were the case, we'd probably just tell the bootee to ignore and move on.

But from what I understand from the OP though, this host is booting people at bosses for no reason. Who knows how many he's doing it to. But if I misunderstood the OP and it actually means that he himself is getting booted alone, then ignore and move on.

I don't think it's my place to name him, but I think I can give the situation for example's sake. This player would host maps before, ask players to use elixirs (when elixirs weren't persistent before, they disappeared after you died or went through a portal/exited map), he would then boot them all, wasting their elixirs. Sure, the same group of people wouldn't join him again, but who knows how many he victimized. His troll-ish and condescending attitude on the forums only made it worse.

Orcish
09-17-2011, 03:22 AM
No, you're right that booting one player is not an offense, no matter how many times. You're right that it's at the hosts discretion whether he wants to keep that one player in particular or not, if that were the case, we'd probably just tell the bootee to ignore and move on.

But from what I understand from the OP though, this host is booting people at bosses for no reason. Who knows how many he's doing it to. But if I misunderstood the OP and it actually means that he himself is getting booted alone, then ignore and move on.

I don't think it's my place to name him, but I think I can give the situation for example's sake. This player would host maps before, ask players to use elixirs (when elixirs weren't persistent before, they disappeared after you died or went through a portal/exited map), he would then boot them all, wasting their elixirs. Sure, the same group of people wouldn't join him again, but who knows how many he victimized. His troll-ish and condescending attitude on the forums only made it worse.

Thanks Ellyidol that's exactly what I'm looking for, and that makes perfect sense to report a player such as this. Really the overall issue wasn't booting players as it was simply, the griefer getting their kicks off, by removing players elixir buffs. Again thank you :)

Ellyidol
09-17-2011, 03:25 AM
Thanks Ellyidol that's exactly what I'm looking for, and that makes perfect sense to report a player such as this. Really the overall issue wasn't booting players as it was simply, the griefer getting their kicks off, by removing players elixir buffs. Again thank you :)

And thank you for clearing up the issue between booting and griefing :)

deafmaster
09-27-2011, 10:16 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself. And believe me there are quite a few trolls with "pride" (hint hint lol), that take pleasure in booting for the smallest reasons. Hosts need to remember that there are people of all ages, and different levels of experience in the game... and they should exercise some patience as well:-).