PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone finished the banished set?

Jazzi
08-18-2016, 05:10 AM
Hello everyone,

I am just wondering whether anyone has actually finished the banished set? I remember Ardbeg having a thread but last time I read it he was missing 1-2 pieces. I am curious to see the stats of all classes in this set.

Safiras
08-18-2016, 05:16 AM
He's missing the amulet. Last I heard he was still at Elite Misty Grotto searching for the rainbow bridge XD I think the other people who were searching for it have either already given up or only gotten the parts of the set they need. For instance I think Papa is using the Banished helm and armor because they are the current best items in their item class for all character classes.

The set requires too much effort to obtain. Even the Antignome ser requires a significant investment of time. Too few people farm for it and those who do demand an obscene amount of gold for an item that on its own isn't even the best of its item class in terms of stats. The sets are just too difficult to obtain, and there's very little incentive to make the effort to get them.

yubaraj
08-18-2016, 05:31 AM
Can anyone plz tell me how to craft antignome armor?

I read quest and banished set is not needed.

How to get the crafting ingredients specially raw cryostar core. Is it drop from elite bosses. Is it tradeable.

Any help is appreciated.

These set really seem uber arcane hard to see in auction.

Energizeric
08-18-2016, 05:35 AM
I think the problem is that the set bonuses from these only apply to the Underhul dungeons. And if you have spent the many months it would require to farm the items needed for one of these sets, and now you have the set, of what use is it then? Since I doubt you would want to farm Underhul anymore at that point.

If the set bonus applied to everywhere, included PvP, then I think you would see people farming like crazy to get it. But after spending 10m+ and lots of time last season farming for my Glintstone set, and having it end up being pretty useless, I've learned my lesson now.

Safiras
08-18-2016, 05:49 AM

How to get the crafting ingredients specially raw cryostar core. Is it drop from elite bosses. Is it tradeable.

Any help is appreciated.

The parts of the set which require the Antignome set to obtain are the helm and amulet. The parts which don't are the ring (looted from elite Hugal), belt (looted from elite gold heretic chests) and armor (crafted using ingredients farmed from elite Underhul dungeons, including the set-rarity Cryostar core which drops only from elite Cryostar).

The Cryostar core is tradable. The Gnome power seal, another ingredient used in crafting the Banished armor, is bought from the Cryostar coin trading vendor. The last ingredient, the processed cryogem ingot, is bought from the Glintstone coin vendor.

The recipe to craft the armor is already available in your crafting menu. The end result of the craft is a chest containing one of four different versions of the armor, much like the arcane amulet and the Antignome armor. But, if you get an undesirable version from opening the chest, you cannot undo the craft and turn it back into the chest.

Hope this helps.

yubaraj
08-18-2016, 06:22 AM
The parts of the set which require the Antignome set to obtain are the helm and amulet. The parts which don't are the ring (looted from elite Hugal), belt (looted from elite gold heretic chests) and armor (crafted using ingredients farmed from elite Underhul dungeons, including the set-rarity Cryostar core which drops only from elite Cryostar).

The Cryostar core is tradable. The Gnome power seal, another ingredient used in crafting the Banished armor, is bought from the Cryostar coin trading vendor. The last ingredient, the processed cryogem ingot, is bought from the Glintstone coin vendor.

The recipe to craft the armor is already available in your crafting menu. The end result of the craft is a chest containing one of four different versions of the armor, much like the arcane amulet and the Antignome armor. But, if you get an undesirable version from opening the chest, you cannot undo the craft and turn it back into the chest.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much.

It really helped me a lot. I think I should just farm elite twin boss hoping for cryostar drop.

Jazzi
08-18-2016, 07:07 AM
He's missing the amulet. Last I heard he was still at Elite Misty Grotto searching for the rainbow bridge XD I think the other people who were searching for it have either already given up or only gotten the parts of the set they need. For instance I think Papa is using the Banished helm and armor because they are the current best items in their item class for all character classes.

The set requires too much effort to obtain. Even the Antignome ser requires a significant investment of time. Too few people farm for it and those who do demand an obscene amount of gold for an item that on its own isn't even the best of its item class in terms of stats. The sets are just too difficult to obtain, and there's very little incentive to make the effort to get them.

Thanks for the info!

Well, imho there is something extremely wrong with nobody having this set after that many months into the expansion. Maybe our beloved developers should get busy with issues like that instead of releasing vanities and furniture every week :pirate:

Blazerland
08-18-2016, 07:11 AM

Any help is appreciated.

to craft the antignome armor you will need 3 refined cryogem ingot. to obtain a cryogem ingot you need to craft it using 1 cryogem processing mold and 1 processed cryogem. each processed cryogem cost 1000 glintstone coins. so to obtain the armor you will need 3 cryogem processing mold and 3000 glintstone coins.

acacia
08-18-2016, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the info!

ilhanna
08-18-2016, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the info!

Well, imho there is something extremely wrong with nobody having this set after that many months into the expansion. Maybe our beloved developers should get busy with issues like that instead of releasing vanities and furniture every week :pirate:

I agree. It's been a while since I see any system notification of anything Antignome-related dropping. I ran the second map a lot while leveling my warrior and for the most part it is deserted. The third map only comes alive when Cryostar is awake and when was the last time anyone loot any Antignome there. The maps are even deader for my level 52 mage. It's ironic because you need the set to make farming Underhul tolerable.

Avaree
08-18-2016, 08:54 AM

Any help is appreciated.

Hope this helps.

Too avoid some confusion:

You do not need a quest to obtain antignome. But you do need the full antignome set to start the banish quest. *Also, you don't need a quest to craft either set armors, only their ingredients.*

The banished ring drops in elite umbral chasm from the boss hugal. The raw cryostar & gnome power seal is an ingredient used only to craft the banished armor.

As saf said you can see how to craft the antignome armor in your craft menu.

Two very useful links below:

Banished Quest guide
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?329411-Guide-Banished-Set-Quest-Log

About the Cryostar event
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?327418-Cryostar-Unleashed-Event-Guide

Good luck!

Avaree
08-18-2016, 09:00 AM
Thank you very much.

It really helped me a lot. I think I should just farm elite twin boss hoping for cryostar drop.

The elite southern gate twin bosses drop myth lvl 51 flame forged blades, elite heretic chests and the script of ancient technology (also drops from mobs in elite souther gates).

yubaraj
08-18-2016, 09:17 AM
The elite southern gate twin bosses drop myth lvl 51 flame forged blades, elite heretic chests and the script of ancient technology (also drops from mobs in elite souther gates).
Hmm interesting. Too many rare loot.

Also I need confirmation that raw cryostar core drops in southern gate or not.

Have anyone looted that piece in there? My sole purpose to run this map is to only craft banished armor.

Anyways thank you for the extra information.

Avaree
08-18-2016, 09:23 AM
Hmm interesting. Too many rare loot.

Also I need confirmation that raw cryostar core drops in southern gate or not.

Have anyone looted that piece in there? My sole purpose to run this map is to only craft banished armor.

Anyways thank you for the extra information.

No, raw cryostar core drops from elite cryostar only.

Niixed
08-18-2016, 09:25 AM
Glintstone - unpopular
Antignome - even more unpopular
Banished - so unpopular that only ONE player has obtained it

I'm sensing a pattern here.

Jazzi
08-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Habadasher has the full banished set.

We still hunt the amulet :)

More information here http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?329411-Guide-Banished-Set-Quest-Log

So there is 1 person in the whole game? Still doesn't seem right to me.
How long have you been hunting this amulet?

Plqgue
08-18-2016, 09:41 AM
Hopefully two people will have it by the next expansion lol

Niixed
08-18-2016, 10:36 AM
I just don't get why devs didn't see this coming on sets. Aside from the fact that set owners are railroaded into wearing gear of dev's choosing, when you make something ridiculously difficult to obtain (or insanely expensive) the only possible outcome is that exceedingly few, if any, players will put forth the effort to get it.

The bottom line is players want

more maps
more GOOD gear in those maps. NOT throwaway halfdonkeyed gear, GOOD gear.
gear that doesn't take the blood sacrifice of your closest living relative to obtain

Has STS abandoned the core model that made Arcane Legends successful in the first place?

That model would be more maps, more loot and non-confusing, non-muddled, clear and easy-to-understand gear progression.

Would be all that hard to bang out one new map every month?

Saud
08-18-2016, 10:53 AM
It's hard to get these Sets
Which it's awesome because rare things have great value
But, I think the core need to drop from all elite bosses
So it's more worthy to run these elite
Cryostar wake 2 times in a week
The only way to let these sets Get hunt crazy by players
If they let the Antignome and Banished work on the new expansion
That way more players will run to get it
if you start hunting the pieces
You will finish banished and new expansion arrives - which is defeating
I am just really hoping the devs make the sets work on multi expansion
@Justg Pls?

Edit: Also actually if actually making the sets work on next expansion will make Tindiran and Glinstone And underhul more active.

Avaree
08-18-2016, 10:59 AM
So there is 1 person in the whole game? Still doesn't seem right to me.
How long have you been hunting this amulet?

We have hunted the amulet as soon as we were able to craft the vials. Since the devs lengethened the time of the elix ticks, we lost all count on how many actual runs we have done, which has been over the time span of around
6 weeks. (i will see if i can find exact time) Keep in mind Maarkus also hunts piece. In general, most times, there are two teams hunting this piece 4-5 days out of the week. We usually use two vials, we can usually get up to 8-10 runs out of these vials.

*Ps avikk needs to up his post counts to get luminary poster*

msustro
08-18-2016, 02:32 PM
If someone wants to sell me the ring to be able to continue the quest I'd be glad to help hunt the amulet :p

Slekki
08-18-2016, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the info!

+10000000, well said ^^

Ardbeg
08-18-2016, 03:04 PM
This guy here shows up in glintstone sometimes:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160818/8db7c8521ac4940b6165e23bede14f06.jpg

And i won't give up, lol!

Jazzi
08-18-2016, 03:05 PM
Glintstone - unpopular
Antignome - even more unpopular
Banished - so unpopular that only ONE player has obtained it

I'm sensing a pattern here.

Lol yes, next time people won't even know that the set exists :D .

Jokes aside the reasons for those being unpopular are different. The glintstone set had extremely bad stats for the dps classes and a set bonus with questionable usefulness.

The new sets are on the other hand great stats (provided u get the best variants) and even greater set bonus, however the whole crafting quests way too complicated, lengthy and extremely reliant on RNG and RNG within RNG within RNG, thus making it infeasible and most importantly unbearably unpleasant to try to farm it.

Well let's hope that the third time is going to be a charm ;)

lissil
08-18-2016, 04:33 PM
It's hard to get these Sets
Which it's awesome because rare things have great value
But, I think the core need to drop from all elite bosses
So it's more worthy to run these elite
Cryostar wake 2 times in a week
The only way to let these sets Get hunt crazy by players
If they let the Antignome and Banished work on the new expansion
That way more players will run to get it
if you start hunting the pieces
You will finish banished and new expansion arrives - which is defeating
I am just really hoping the devs make the sets work on multi expansion
@Justg Pls?

Edit: Also actually if actually making the sets work on next expansion will make Tindiran and Glinstone And underhul more active.
Definitely agree on making the set bonus work in other maps too to add desirability and usefulness of the Banish set.

As for making more people hunt and actually do the quest, giving it some achievement points would definitely be a factor. As it stands, a complete Banish set is more difficult to obtain than Glintstone set. I'd say completing Banish quest is more of an achievement than Glintstone. However, the pieces being tradable and very reliant on luck, would just make some people whine that only rich people would get the achievement.

As for making it drop on all elite bosses from Glintstone maps, I completely disagree. This will make the raw cryostar core and banish armor market to crash considering how fast it is to run Elite Southern Gates. I'd rather have them increase the drop rate just a little bit on Elite Cryostar. At least it won't affect market as much because you would need to kill two bosses for it. That's probably a 20-30 minute run against the 5-6 minute run in Elite Southern Gates and 10-13 minute run on Elite Umbral Chamber (depends on the party).

Kriticality
08-18-2016, 06:18 PM

Yea I have all the helms not the armor. I got the quest bc maarkus was nice enough to lend me his ring to start the quest. I had full anti set but have been selling it off piece by piece. I would be interested in the armor as I think most are but the prices are out of my range atm. The Antignome set put me back many 10s of millions. Just can't afford continuing anymore. The elixir for the amulet does cost a vial to make which is ofc 15 orc fangs and even though they are cheaper than they were, they aren't exactly cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elshaddoll
08-18-2016, 07:43 PM
I'm pretty sure 90% of the community can't afford the set, 5% aren't lucky enough, 4% don't even bother, and 1% are still trying.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

Energizeric
08-18-2016, 09:52 PM
At this point if they make it easier to obtain these sets, then I think that is not fair for those who worked so hard to get them. (BTW, I do not own any "set" items, so this is not a self serving suggestion)

I think the main reason it is so hard to craft this set is because nobody is running the dungeons -- kind of circular reasoning, but it's not popular because it's not popular -- nobody runs the dungeons, because it's hard to find anyone interested to run with.

I like that it is very hard to obtain these sets -- it keeps them special and somewhat exclusive. But if you decide you want to pursue it, then you should be able to find PUGs to run with on a regular basis -- kind of like how you could always find PUGs running to Elite Jarl in seasons 1 & 2, or Elite South Seas in season 3, or even the Planar tombs in season 7.

So what's the solution? Here is an idea...

Do something to make the set more useful. For the last 2 years, expansions seem to come about once per year. We are already a few months into this expansion, so most people (including me) are thinking that it's not worth the effort to make this set that will soon outlive its usefulness. Especially since the Glintstone set from last season turned out to be such a bust.

However, if STS were to announce that the banished set will be upgradable next season, and will also give a set bonus in the next expansion's dungeons, then I think it would encourage people to work hard for the set since it will be useful for the next 18 months or so.

And when I say "upgradable", I do NOT mean by a quest that takes 3 hours (i.e. the season 5 mythic armor & helm upgrade quests). I mean upgradable with a real series of quests, not so different in difficulty to the quests to create the banished set in the first place.

So the banished set bonus would be both usable in the next expansion's dungeons, and the set itself would be required to craft next season's "set".

This will also solve another issue, which is the lack of interest in the "middle levels" as JustG posted last week. By having continuing quests, where last season's is required for next season, then you will create a more interesting pathway towards endgame.

Energizeric
08-19-2016, 12:57 AM
One thing I think the game lacks is stepping stones for the lower half of the economy, as of now they really don't have much choice. Arena and km3 are the only two things for them. After gearing up to a certain extent they can go to tindirin and rengol but these maps are half as efficient as km3. Most people just wait it out for events when they can sell of the locks they were hoarding and farm something which is comparable to km3 when it comes to gold/hour.

I totally disagree. I've been working on my elite APs, so I've sort of discovered this by accident. But farming some of the lower elite dungeons can be very profitable. No, you are not going to find any items worth 1m+. But you can make a steady amount of gold, much better than KM3 or Arena. For example, I can solo Elite South Seas in about 1.5 minutes. Even a lower gear end game player can do it in 2. Once every 3 or 4 runs, a silver elite runner chest drops, which I can sell for 2.5k. Once every 10 or so runs, an elite golden pirate chest drops which I can sell for 5-7k. And since I've been running these dungeons for speed and for the APs, these odds I'm telling you are with NO lep, no elixir, no luck rerolls. With a lep and/or elixir, the odds will be significantly better.

Another good place to farm is Rockhorn Summit (non-elite). You won't get anything good from the boss, except an occasional tooth, but you will get a ton of jewels. Runs there take 3-4 minutes, and usually drop 3 or more jewels. Plus there are 5 daily quests you can do which total around 5k in rewards. Spend an hour there each day, and you will make 20k-30k easy, and again that is with no luck elixirs.

There are plenty of places to farm and earn a steady amount of gold. Problem is everyone is looking for the big payday, so they farm dead city for hours and get nothing. Just like in real life, best strategy is to earn a steady paycheck and save your money. Do that for a few months, and you can afford almost all of the top gear. Maybe not a banished set, but most everything else.

aneshsinghblu
08-19-2016, 02:59 AM
if banished sets do become upgradable . . how will new players ever catch up.
many old players have left already. .
it would be wise to encourage new players and keep things simple

Energizeric
08-19-2016, 05:33 AM

Simple = boring

You catch up over time. If the pathway to catching up is fun, then nobody will be in such a rush to catch up. The reason everyone wants to rush to catch up currently is because the pathway to endgame is so boring. Make it more fun, and then nobody will be in such a hurry.

Remember that this is a game, meant to be fun.

aneshsinghblu
08-19-2016, 05:48 AM
Simple = boring

You catch up over time. If the pathway to catching up is fun, then nobody will be in such a rush to catch up. The reason everyone wants to rush to catch up currently is because the pathway to endgame is so boring. Make it more fun, and then nobody will be in such a hurry.

Remember that this is a game, meant to be fun.

have you been able to catch up yet?
how many pieces do you have ?
you are right. . game is supposed to be fun
current mechanics to get banished set is a pain

Tatman
08-19-2016, 08:51 AM
I think the main reason it is so hard to craft this set is because nobody is running the dungeons -- kind of circular reasoning, but it's not popular because it's not popular -- nobody runs the dungeons, because it's hard to find anyone interested to run with.
Not really. Nobody runs Elite Underhul 2 and 3 specifically (1 is somewhat active), because there is simply nothing you can loot and make an adequate profit. And by "adequate" I mean this: if you can run the newest and hardest maps in the game at least somewhat efficiently, you should be able to make a bigger profit than, say, a map like km3. Maybe not in the short term (4-5-6 runs), but after a respectable amount of runs - let's say about 60, which is what you need to farm a Breeze for example. I am sorry, but this is nowhere near the case here. You can't make super hard maps and expect people to run them for the uber rare chance to loot a banished ring or whatever it is that drops there and basically nothing else. Of course it's way better to mindlessly run Dead City for a chance at an arcane chest - only thing you waste there is your time.

Let me tell you I am geared enough to survive a lot of mob one-hits (which is one of the most mind boggling things in this game, but that's for another discussion, I guess), meaning I don't really use as many ankhs as the average endgamer. Same goes for pots (rarely mentioned, but actually a big gold drain in Underhul) and lixes (lately I usually run on doll buffs only). And I still find Underhul 2 and 3 utterly pointless to run. It's very sad, because I love the design of these maps, but that's the reality. I am sure STS can and do check the activity on their maps, especially their newest ones, and this makes it even more puzzling - your newest, hardest, well-designed, beautiful maps are dead, yet you do nothing to fix this.

But if you decide you want to pursue it, then you should be able to find PUGs to run with on a regular basis -- kind of like how you could always find PUGs running to Elite Jarl in seasons 1 & 2, or Elite South Seas in season 3, or even the Planar tombs in season 7.
I don't know about Season 1, but I remember Tombs quite well. Let's elaborate a bit.

Tombs at release weren't easier than Underhul. I'd actually argue they were harder (before they were nerfed a bit; and also due to the bad lag/dc issues back then). Yet people started running them on day 1, including me. We complained about the difficulty, of course. We wasted dozen of ankhs per run before we realized how to run them efficiently. And even then I remember I used to consider 5-6 deaths a good run. I actually do Citadel with fewer deaths on average now. Difference is 5-6 ankhs in Tombs was still a nice profit in the medium-to-long run. Underhul isn't. There was no jackpot-like loot like banished items, but there was Breeze, which maintained a nice price even after the multiple nerfs. And you knew you would eventually get one after 60-70-80 runs. You would also loot planar chests from time to time, and those were worth a lot for a long time; unlike elite chests in later expansions. Not to mention vials after a certain point in time. And the best thing is, I could practically cover my pots/ankhs/lixes just by looting pink weps and locks.

Compare this with Underhul. What do we have here? Banished items - I've never seen a drop. Mythic weapons - I've seen only one such drop. Not to mention those mythic weapons, or to be precise their farming was rendered pointless first by introducing them in locks, and then once again by releasing arcane weapons a bit later. I mean, these things lost like 90% of their value in a matter of weeks. And not because of overfarming, mind you. The prices of everything else are just LOL compared to Tombs equivalents.

So, yeah, you can stop wondering why there are no pugs now.

Ardbeg
08-19-2016, 01:52 PM
What is wrong with super rare items which grant everyone the chance to hit the jackpot on a run without being a gamechanger in pvp or general pve?
Obviously we are missing a middle tier of set items in reach of everyone this season, but that does not mean the ultra rares should not exist.

aneshsinghblu
08-19-2016, 03:01 PM
I disagree, I think the banished set is a nice goal to have for this expansion or even the next expansion.

The one thing I would like STS to encourage is farming as many elites as possible and the banished set gives us just that next expansion if nott this expansion.

Even if the set in itself isn't upgradable(banished) it should see some role or use in the next expansion. Like how fangs are still needed for dimensional bridge elixir and glintstone set warriors are still viable partners to run with/from(I'm sure both the pvp and pve community appreciate how amazing the warrior glintstone set is, nott the nott set which was as useful as a rubber ducky in a gun fight).

it is a nice set to farm but its very very hard to obtain. . another reason I don't wannafarm it is cause its bonus only works in few maps(maybe sts did that to preserve future expansion content)
sts did a good job at start of expansion to encourage new players by giving them a free mythic set. . thus giving them hope to be able to compete with old players. I'm sure they will follow the same trend in next expansion.

what role do you wanna see banished set do in future? I can't see any except conversion to next expansion currency coins. banished set should not have a major advantage in next expansion. . if it does its just goin put off future new players and current players( more than 99%) who don't have the set. . this game really needs new players

you can't compare a crafted set like banished to fangs or glint set
banished set (crafted set)very hard to get- fangs (crafting ingredient )very easy to get
glint set has a major advantage over banished set. . its bonus works in all Maps! pve and pvp

Ardbeg
08-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Ultra rare is become less ultra rarer day by day :p

Working on the rareness daily.

Blank119
08-19-2016, 04:33 PM
It would be great if the banish set buffs would apply to all dungeon and to the next expansion ,im sure more ppl will hunt it and it more easy to hunt in elite, just saying

Tatman
08-19-2016, 04:57 PM
What is wrong with super rare items which grant everyone the chance to hit the jackpot on a run without being a gamechanger in pvp or general pve?
Obviously we are missing a middle tier of set items in reach of everyone this season, but that does not mean the ultra rares should not exist.
I don't think anyone says ultra rares shouldn't exist. What at least I am saying is that you can't expect only an ultra rare to motivate people to run hard, time consuming, gold draining maps. Now, we don't have statistics of course, but I bet Underhul 2 and 3 aren't even in the top 5 of elite maps in terms of activity. I don't know about you, but I find this sad.

I wasn't here during earlier seasons, that's why I usually make Tindirin and Tombs comparisons. So, imagine for a second Elite Underhul with its ultra rare loot + something like Breeze purchasable for coins (for example the three new pets) + something like vials, worth 100-200k + a chest, exclusively containing the best helm/armor (or belt or whatever). So much stuff was released in locks or directly for plat. And nothing cool and with a reasonable drop rate in the newest elites. It's Rengol all over again, and no amount of ultra rares can change that.

lissil
08-19-2016, 04:58 PM
Making gears easy and simple to get may encourage new players for sure, but the hype will die out quickly as well. It would definitely get boring.

In my opinion, catching up to players who have better gears and pets is one of the things that keep this game alive. Knowing it is hard to catch up to them makes me want to work for it harder. Hard earned achievements are more satisfying than easy, anyone can get it ones. I am not a very big gamer that tried out a hundred of games out there, but, I do understand that rare sets like these, that take a tremendous amount of work is something that makes few players be competitive and want to get it.

If you were one of those players that does these kinds of quests, wouldn't you agree that seeing something you worked so hard for get trashed by something so easy to get is a bit disappointing? Or trashed by people that does not have it or do not even dare to do it?

lissil
08-19-2016, 05:17 PM
it is a nice set to farm but its very very hard to obtain. . another reason I don't wannafarm it is cause its bonus only works in few maps(maybe sts did that to preserve future expansion content)
sts did a good job at start of expansion to encourage new players by giving them a free mythic set. . thus giving them hope to be able to compete with old players. I'm sure they will follow the same trend in next expansion.

what role do you wanna see banished set do in future? I can't see any except conversion to next expansion currency coins. banished set should not have a major advantage in next expansion. . if it does its just goin put off future new players and current players( more than 99%) who don't have the set. . this game really needs new players

you can't compare a crafted set like banished to fangs or glint set
banished set (crafted set)very hard to get- fangs (crafting ingredient )very easy to get
glint set has a major advantage over banished set. . its bonus works in all Maps! pve and pvp

Something this hard to get should have its advantages. The reason why the Glintstone sets, mainly mage and rogue sets, are such a let down is because the supposed advantage it gave was not worth stats you would sacrifice. Furthermore, a few months after the release, the free Underhul sets with better stats came out which is basically like throwing pie on the face of the people who did the Glintstone sets.

As for new players being discouraged by the gap in gears, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it that new players do have to put a bit of work to catch up to old players in any game? It seems pointless for a player to stay in a game, work to develop their toon, if a new player can catch up to you within a week or so.

Oh and since you mentioned not comparing Glintstone sets and Banish sets, what's the point of that last "paragraph." Stating that Glintstone sets have an advantage over Banish sets just because of how the bonus works in all maps and how easy to get it is a stretch. But I want to point out that sure, fangs are easy to get NOW, but not so much before the Underhul expansion. You could farm for five hours and get 1-3 fangs, more if you're lucky.

lissil
08-19-2016, 05:47 PM
._. I welcome pies thrown into my face! Gimme moar pies pls esteaes! I think the free underhul wasn't nearly a big game changer almost everyone had the glintstone set, even a noob like me who didn't have to get it, since I wasnt even going for APs at the end of the day [emoji14]

Nooo! 1-3 fangs in an hour ezpz before expansion, more if you didnt use heal unless you're a warrior, a warrior uses his heal to magnetise all the drops to party :p
Yup, Underhul sets wasn't a big deal to me, at least, but to others who I know sold their priced possesions to buy those fangs, cried a bit more.

And yes, I am that unlucky. Ended up buying those fangs hahaha

Niixed
08-19-2016, 07:14 PM

As you're alluding to, having an ultra-rare item is something that should happen only if an abundance of gear of lesser rarity already exists. As it stands now, there is no new middle-class gear to farm/loot and there hasn't been for over a year. STS skipped right past the rowboats, motorboats, sailboats and fishing boats and went straight for the luxury yachts. Bully for the 1% who have hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars to spend on the game, but everyone else is left twisting in the sea-breeze. Is it any wonder that the middle class population of the game continues to drop?

Energizeric
08-19-2016, 07:45 PM
So yesterday Maarkus, Focus and myself did 4 runs to Elite Hugal, which took a total of about 45 minutes or so. In those 4 runs, the total gold rewards alone were more than 10k for me. On top of that, I looted a level 56 legendary gun and an Elite Golden Chest. The chest I sold for 105k in the auction (took 15 minutes to sell), and the gun I listed for 200k and am still waiting. So that was certainly a good 45 minutes for me. I did die around 30 times in the 4 runs, but since I don't have either of the 2 sets, that is to be expected.

Avaree
08-19-2016, 08:49 PM
As you're alluding to, having an ultra-rare item is something that should happen only if an abundance of gear of lesser rarity already exists. As it stands now, there is no new middle-class gear to farm/loot and there hasn't been for over a year. STS skipped right past the rowboats, motorboats, sailboats and fishing boats and went straight for the luxury yachts. Bully for the 1% who have hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars to spend on the game, but everyone else is left twisting in the sea-breeze. Is it any wonder that the middle class population of the game continues to drop?

In season before, sts rushed to deliver gears & weaps at the start of the seasons. Mid way through the season, many complained because there was nothing to farm. Prices bombed and market became saturated. Sts has designed more ways this season than any other seasons to make gold. This season there is more ways to mix and match gears and weaps, giving many players the chance to have arc weaps, unlike seasons before. I think sometimes we forget to see what we have verses what we dont have. (I only wear the antignome vest, the rest of my gear and weaps are lvl 41-56)

Safiras
08-19-2016, 10:04 PM
So yesterday Maarkus, Focus and myself did 4 runs to Elite Hugal, which took a total of about 45 minutes or so. In those 4 runs, the total gold rewards alone were more than 10k for me. On top of that, I looted a level 56 legendary gun and an Elite Golden Chest. The chest I sold for 105k in the auction (took 15 minutes to sell), and the gun I listed for 200k and am still waiting. So that was certainly a good 45 minutes for me. I did die around 30 times in the 4 runs, but since I don't have either of the 2 sets, that is to be expected.

Other people with less powerful friends than you would settle for runs in KM3 where you could possibly farm the equivalent of 1 massive cryostar locked crate in one luck elixir's time limit(30 minutes). And for the most part, people don't die while running for locked crates. Running pugs in even Elite Southern Gates can be painful considering you can die loads because people do all sorts of stupid things and have little compensation for all those deaths and wasted minutes. Sad fact remains that there is not enough desirable loot to be obtained from the new Elite dungeons to entice people to stop farming at a tomb dungeon from 6 seasons ago.

aneshsinghblu
08-20-2016, 02:32 AM
Making gears easy and simple to get may encourage new players for sure, but the hype will die out quickly as well. It would definitely get boring.

In my opinion, catching up to players who have better gears and pets is one of the things that keep this game alive. Knowing it is hard to catch up to them makes me want to work for it harder. Hard earned achievements are more satisfying than easy, anyone can get it ones. I am not a very big gamer that tried out a hundred of games out there, but, I do understand that rare sets like these, that take a tremendous amount of work is something that makes few players be competitive and want to get it.

If you were one of those players that does these kinds of quests, wouldn't you agree that seeing something you worked so hard for get trashed by something so easy to get is a bit disappointing? Or trashed by people that does not have it or do not even dare to do it?

don't you think its over kill the amount of work for the banished set. . I do and I'm sure many others feel the same way.
by simple I don't mean go pop a few lock and yay I got good Gear!. . . crafting imbued set was fairly simple and it was the best farming season ever imo. .
sts has messed up with these banished sets. . they have made it so hard that many don't even care to do it. . and I learn from my mistakes( glintset -I got pie in my face)
I don't think it was Sts aim to make a "few people competitive" but rather the whole community.

aneshsinghblu
08-20-2016, 02:47 AM
Oh and since you mentioned not comparing Glintstone sets and Banish sets, what's the point of that last "paragraph." Stating that Glintstone sets have an advantage over Banish sets just because of how the bonus works in all maps and how easy to get it is a stretch. But I want to point out that sure, fangs are easy to get NOW, but not so much before the Underhul expansion. You could farm for five hours and get 1-3 fangs, more if you're lucky.

I was replying to Aviks post. .
" Even if the set in itself isn't upgradable(banished) it should see some role or use in the next expansion. Like how fangs are still needed for dimensional bridge elixir and glintstone set"

I'm sure when he used the word "like" he was comparing something and not showing affection for something :-P
he made the comparison between the three items. . I was just stating why they are not same.

lissil
08-20-2016, 03:09 AM
don't you think its over kill the amount of work for the banished set. . I do and I'm sure many others feel the same way.
by simple I don't mean go pop a few lock and yay I got good Gear!. . . crafting imbued set was fairly simple and it was the best farming season ever imo. .
sts has messed up with these banished sets. . they have made it so hard that many don't even care to do it. . and I learn from my mistakes( glintset -I got pie in my face)
I don't think it was Sts aim to make a "few people competitive" but rather the whole community.
Sure it's overkill, and too few are doing it, but looking at the bonus on that set, although limited use, I think it is worth it. Sts did mention on a thread before explaining that the power curve on the items they did release before was skewed too much since the release of arcane ring and planar pendant. That is exactly why I do understand the limited area of the bonus.

An item's worth is always subject to some debate, as just like in real life, there will always be people with enough resources that will spend tremendous amounts of money on something that another person will think is silly.

Furthermore, people kept complaining how arcanes are now the new legendaries because everyone can have it so easily. Having something this rare thrown into the mix is stepping into the variety that they were going for.

In these times in which a lot of people are complaining about repetitive runs in KM3 and Planar Arena, this is what keeps me busy.

Energizeric
08-20-2016, 03:17 AM
As I said before, it's not the difficulty that is the problem. The set needs to be more useful and have a longer shelf life. If I knew that the set would be useful to me for a year or two after crafting it, I would definitely start the process even if I knew it would take me 6 months.

Currently my fear is that if I start crafting the set, by the time I finish it will no longer be useful and then I will have wasted a ton of time and gold.

Kingofninjas
08-20-2016, 03:26 AM
I feel the biggest reason people gave up on elite underhul 2 and 3 is because of the fact that the event gear from crates is exactly as good as the best lvl 56 armor and helm you farm from the elite maps. I remember being happy to pay 600-800k for a beetleborn brutality armor, but then rotting spirit came and was given the exact same stats. I suppose arcane gun ruined gun farming from hugal but that is reasonable because it is after all arcane.

In the future, I feel event gear should be noticeably worse than elite gear, but not ridiculously underpowered. Kind of like the difference between a 3 eye arcane ring and a regular gem arcane ring.

Energizeric
08-20-2016, 04:34 AM
I suppose arcane gun ruined gun farming from hugal but that is reasonable because it is after all arcane.

I wouldn't say that... I looted the "fatality" version of the gun yesterday and sold it for 215k in the auction. And that is not even one of the best versions of that gun. Yes, it's not worth 1m+, but 215k is not bad at all, and some of the better versions go for 400-500k.

Kingofninjas
08-20-2016, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't say that... I looted the "fatality" version of the gun yesterday and sold it for 215k in the auction. And that is not even one of the best versions of that gun. Yes, it's not worth 1m+, but 215k is not bad at all, and some of the better versions go for 400-500k.

Yes exactly my point. I sold the better versions for over 1-1.5m before arcane gun was announced.

Iliketolol
08-22-2016, 11:08 AM
Does anyone even has a banish amulet?

Avaree
08-22-2016, 12:59 PM
Does anyone even has a banish amulet?

Same as we said yesterday, only one player has the banished amulet. We will post in the banished quest guide (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?329411-Guide-Banished-Set-Quest-Log) when we loot the banished amulet :) That thread is found in the players guide or CLICK HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?329411-Guide-Banished-Set-Quest-Log) to keep updated :)

Iliketolol
08-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Same as we said yesterday, only one player has the banished amulet. We will post in the banished quest guide (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?329411-Guide-Banished-Set-Quest-Log) when we loot the banished amulet :) That thread is found in the players guide or CLICK HERE (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?329411-Guide-Banished-Set-Quest-Log) to keep updated :)
Its so rare ava, i think its impossible to loot one :((( specially with current farming rate.

Avaree
08-22-2016, 01:40 PM
Its so rare ava, i think its impossible to loot one :((( specially with current farming rate.

Im ok with it, gives me something to do. :)

Ardbeg
08-22-2016, 01:42 PM

Again: You can only loot it with the Dimensional Bridge Potion, which only a handfull of players are able to craft because they have the quest almost completed. We do our best :)

Maarkus
08-22-2016, 04:30 PM
Again: You can only loot it with the Dimensional Bridge Potion, which only a handfull of players are able to craft because they have the quest almost completed. We do our best :)

The dimensional portal opens specifically on a month after a certain amount on elix has been comsumed, approximately 100k elix, then the week is determined by the phase pf the moon, the day of the week is determined by the awakening of northal and cryostar boss and the hour is determined by the difference of the time taken between the bosses waking up then the minute is determined by the 100th northal or cryostar boss killed for that day within the period of both bosses active and the second is determined by a dice roll made by a dev which recives an sms alert on their phone that the chance is there for a portal when the above criteria is met, the second is determined by the dice rol, six sided dice, so roll a 1 and the first 10 seconds of that minute is the chance to open the portal then on that 10 second window a party of all lvl56 with dimensional elix is active needs to stun the boss while under the mage clock skill effects and the final death of the voss is by a charged aimed shot of a rogue so u need all classes in party. When all that is met the server will generate a number between 1-1000, if that number is 13 then the portal will open and if u have been reading until now you would have realized this is a not factual and the author is trying to make light of the insane drop rate :)
Thanks for reading.
I hope you were entertained :) well atleast to lessen the frustration of farmin the banish amulet :) well mostly my frustration lolz.
-Maarkus

Ardbeg
08-22-2016, 04:34 PM
The dimensional portal opens specifically on a month after a certain amount on elix has been comsumed, approximately 100k elix, then the week is determined by the phase pf the moon, the day of the week is determined by the awakening of northal and cryostar boss and the hour is determined by the difference of the time taken between the bosses waking up then the minute is determined by the 100th northal or cryostar boss killed for that day within the period of both bosses active and the second is determined by a dice roll made by a dev which recives an sms alert on their phone that the chance is there for a portal when the above criteria is met, the second is determined by the dice rol, six sided dice, so roll a 1 and the first 10 seconds of that minute is the chance to open the portal then on that 10 second window a party of all lvl56 with dimensional elix is active needs to stun the boss while under the mage clock skill effects and the final death of the voss is by a charged aimed shot of a rogue so u need all classes in party. When all that is met the server will generate a number between 1-1000, if that number is 13 then the portal will open and if u have been reading until now you would have realized this is a not factual and the author is trying to make light of the insane drop rate :)
Thanks for reading.
I hope you were entertained :) well atleast to lessen the frustration of farmin the banish amulet :) well mostly my frustration lolz.
-Maarkus

I think we almost looted it today.

Iliketolol
08-22-2016, 05:09 PM
Thanks for reading.
-Maarkus
Lmao!!!!!!!

Ardbeg
08-23-2016, 02:12 PM
Thanks for reading.
-Maarkus

Nothing aligned right today.

Maarkus
08-23-2016, 05:23 PM
Nothing aligned right today.

Told yah we had to wait for the right phase of the moon @@

Ardbeg
08-23-2016, 05:29 PM
Told yah we had to wait for the right phase of the moon @@

Next season i will wear crate gear of riposte. Way less emberassing!

Jazzi
08-23-2016, 06:08 PM
So many comments. Well, i didn't even know about how one is supposed to farm the banished amulet. Either way I think it is a perfect example of the RNG within RNG within RNG which i talked about earlier. I have seen this in other RPGs and MMORPGs and the players were always utterly frustrated. In most of those games the game developers abandoned this approach eventually. Ofc those were all full price PC or subscription based games, so this might not be feasible in the case of arcane legends.

Jazzi
08-23-2016, 11:55 PM
There is no RNG within RNG in AL. They fixed that, to iterate one can loot from RNG based on the loot table of boss, from there on onwards it's basically the looted item gets bumped a tier. So all the items we want to loot can only be looted from legendary items(set items or the flameforged staff incase you be running the Elites). It might have been a different story during the previous event but that's a story for another thread.

There is a world of difference between RPGs and MMORPGs, these two genres shouldn't be used in the same sentence when it comes to RNG mechanics. Perfect example of this is Elder scrolls franchise...

Thank you very much for your input. Based on your comment I can infer that you have not played many RPGs or MMORPGs in your life, as if you had you would have known what I meant by "RNG within RNG within RNG". The latter being a common phrase to describe situations similar to the culprit we have with the banished amulet.

Using RPG and MMORPG in one sentence and comparing them in this case is due to the fact that Arcane Legends is listed as MMORPG on the playstore, however in terms of what it offers it is comparable to a late 1990s and early 2000s RPG and not even close to current RPGs such as Diablo 3, hence my confusion how to properly classify it.

P.S. I do understand you like arguing for the sake of arguing and being condescending. As somebody who travels a lot both for work and for leisure and have met tons of people, I do understand that this is a thrill for a lot of people. However for the future please do refrain from doing so in conjunction with my comments, as i do not find the same pleasure in being neither the latter, nor the former. Thanks :)

Ardbeg
08-24-2016, 12:13 AM
There is no RNG within RNG in AL. They fixed that, to iterate one can loot from RNG based on the loot table of boss, from there on onwards it's basically the looted item gets bumped a tier. So all the items we want to loot can only be looted from legendary items(set items or the flameforged staff incase you be running the Elites). It might have been a different story during the previous event but that's a story for another thread.

You are very wrong. you do not uproll from an legendary item anymore. You just get another shot at the same loot table on a reroll if your original loot is legendary:

Hey Arlorians!

We’ve seen some confusion lately with our announced adjustments to Luck Elixirs and how re-rolling loot works, so I want to take some time to explain it to you.

When you kill a boss, the loot you receive is picked from the list of all items the boss can drop, known as the Loot Table. The Loot Table can have common, rare, epic, legendary, mythic, set, arcane, or vanity items. When you have a Luck Elixir and you defeat an enemy, you have a chance to reroll the item you’re supposed to get with a chance at better loot. Due to the way the Luck Elixir works, previously we couldn’t drop rare items like Mythic, Set, or Arcane. We enjoy just as much as you all when you kill a boss and suddenly see that amazing item drop on the floor, so we’ve made some adjustments to the Luck Elixir which now allow us to drop Mythic, Set, or Arcane items directly from enemies! The Antignome Set is the first to take advantage of this, and in the future, some bosses of the elite variety might drop some weapons that are pretty mythic. Oops, was that a spoiler?

The process starts with the initial pull of 1 item. This will be known as “the item you’re supposed to receive”. Once that item is pulled, if you have a luck elixir and it procs, the item is rerolled accordingly:

If the item you’re supposed to receive is Common, Rare, or Epic
At these rarities, the luck elixir will go back into the Loot Table, choose the next highest rarity (Common => Rare, Rare => Epic, Epic => Legendary), and randomly give you an item from that rarity. You are guaranteed to go up 1 rarity if the Luck Elixir procs in this situation.

If the item you’re supposed to receive is Legendary, Mythic, or Set
At these rarities, the entire Loot Table is rolled again (just like the first pull) and you will receive the better item out of the 2 pulls.

Example 1:
Pull 1 – Legendary
Pull 2 – Epic
Player Receives: Legendary

Example 2:
Pull 1 – Legendary
Pull 2 – Mythic
Player Receives: Mythic

This is equivalent to killing the enemy a second time and taking the better loot that drops, giving you 2 chances at the item you want!

If the item you’re supposed to receive is Arcane
Congratulations you’ve just gotten lucky enough to loot the rarest items in the game! We won’t even bother rerolling because you already have the best. Also don’t play the lottery for a few days as your luck has probably run out.

I hope this makes it easier to understand the new effects of using the Luck Elixir!

Currently re-rolling for that Antignome Belt
-STSVroom

Maarkus
08-24-2016, 02:26 AM
Chill :)

Ill try to lighten things up again.

Regarding banish amulet drop rate:

Sts says: we made the drop rate rare to give a challenge to players
Sts means: make sure they dont get it

Sts says: based on reviews we have evaluated the drop rate
Sts means: oh 90% of forum complained, when 99% complain we will adjust the drop rate

Sts says: this set is one that players have to work for but it will take time as intended due to its rarity
Sts mean: we will increase drop rate to 100% 2weeks before next expansion and new&better gear release date

Hope this lightens things up.

When im not frustrated on the drop rate anymore ill try to post more serious and constructive thread but in the mean time my sincere apologies im trying to explain my disspointment in a light way :)

Thanks

Ardbeg
08-24-2016, 04:16 AM

If the highest loot tier is Legendary yes you can only reroll into a legendary from a legendary.

You wrote it yourself again: With a legendary drop you reroll in the same loot table. It is not a bump up to a better loot table as you described it, but only a second chance at the same odds. That is all i wanted to clarify.

Safiras
08-24-2016, 05:26 AM
Second edit: After reading the Pm my vroom which states "if your luck elixir procs, you effectively have doubled your chance at getting that higher item", which seems like a legendary item rerolled isn't a guaranteed set/arcane/mythic drop but a chance at legendary and the other three higher tiered items(whichever drops there). To clarify Legendary item rerolled isn't a chance at the same loot table but rather a chance at the loot table from legendary onwards. Or thats what I've garnered from Vrooms Pm...

No. It is a chance at the same loot table. If you get an initial Legendary item you roll for a chance at the entire loot table again, so in effect you get 2 rolls on the entire loot table for one boss. If on your second roll you get an inferior loot say a Rare item, then you will just receive the Legendary item you got from your initial roll. If you roll for a Mythic/Set/Arcane item on the second roll, then you get that item instead of the Legendary one. That is what Vroom meant.

Maarkus
08-24-2016, 08:28 AM

If the highest loot tier is Legendary yes you can only reroll into a legendary from a legendary.

I've notthing constructive to add to jazzi's post except Have a good day, lol.

EDIT: darn it should have edited image before posting but YOLO. Also @ maarkus if you ever need a mage and his party clearing Misty Grotto for you so that you can save elixir timer and only join us for the boss, feel free to pm me here or ign. This week I'm pretty much free(a Nott must study and study :P)

Thanks! Appreciate your offer but ill feel guilty if i ask anyone to do that for me lolz, ill just run the map regularly with the party and besides it beats tunning it solo
Besides i have accepted i will never loot this item, im just running for .... To prove that i will never loot this item lolz.

If i may suggest, on a more serious note, thought it may be facinating to understand and try to make sense of the drop rates i suggest you dont. Thought it is mathematically imputed in the game instill think trying to comprehend how it works is not worth anyones time as it can be changes when ever the devs decide to change it making it a 'relative' rate than a fixed rate.
- i hope that made sense.

-Maarkus

Energizeric
08-24-2016, 10:34 AM
Hey Maarkus, FYI I need the elite APs for the last expansion, so I can run Elite Misty Grotto whenever you need someone. It will be helpful to me too. :)

Jazzi
08-24-2016, 02:49 PM
Sadly there are a lot of players who haven't been on the forum ever, or haven't read the post about how luck lixes work now, or just don't understand it. They use luck lixes and hope for rerolls, which can't give them what they are looking for.

Effervesce
09-30-2019, 09:57 AM
The end result of the craft is a chest containing one of four different versions of the armor, much like the arcane amulet and the Antignome armor. But, if you get an undesirable version from opening the chest, you cannot undo the craft and turn it back into the chest.

Hope this helps.

Devs - is it still like this? Now with Hardcore chars trying to find / craft /quest gear any which way they can is it really fair to have the potential soul crushing end to a very hard quest be pulling wrong class armor from the chest?

Ebereasider
09-30-2019, 10:30 AM
Devs - is it still like this? Now with Hardcore chars trying to find / craft /quest gear any which way they can is it really fair to have the potential soul crushing end to a very hard quest be pulling wrong class armor from the chest?
It's not for wrong class, each class has 4 different types of armor, players will get 1 type (out of 4) from their own class

Effervesce
09-30-2019, 02:05 PM
Thanks for that, it did sound particularly harsh but HC does run into some harsh realities about self-gearing that I didn’t realize when first levelling up :suspicion: