PDA

View Full Version : Charity Events

Zylx
08-18-2016, 12:56 PM
I think it would be ultra cool if STS made more charity events where they release a vanity and have half the proceeds from those vanities go towards a charity.

You guys did the 8-bit salute charity in May 2014 and 2015, which provided funds for American soldiers to play video games while in service. That's cool and all, but that only affects and appeals to a select few people, especially in a medium of an international online game like AL.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Cancer affects every single person in every single country, race, religion, gender, and culture. Last year, and the year before, i pushed for a charity event in October to release a signature Pink Banner to be released to spread awareness, purchasable via plat in the game's store. With at least half of the proceeds for that banner going towards Cancer Research. But in these past 2 years, it never happened, with last year adding a rumor that it would likely happen this year.

I would sincerely enjoy supporting STS through these kinds of events. It would not only help great causes, but it would also highten my respect towards STS. It would give much more players grounds to be even more compassionate towards STS, and I'm sure these events would be HUGE hits. Perhaps plat-free players would be motivated to buy plat knowing it's for a real-world cause? ;)

So October is a month and a half away. Im not asking for much. We dont need a flashy event with bosses and energy and new items. All that would be necessary is a new banner so i could proudly support research against such a terrible thing that has affected mine and millions of other people's lives across the globe.

Thanks!! :)

Suentous PO
08-18-2016, 01:09 PM
The following may seem odd being that I've lost one family member to cancer and another is recovering but;
I don't trust cancer charity after learning about some of its bloated buerocracy and where the money goes.
Don't get me wrong it's not a bad idea in spirit though.

Sorry to be a fart in an elevator

Zylx
08-18-2016, 01:22 PM
The following may seem odd being that I've lost one family member to cancer and another is recovering but;
I don't trust cancer charity after learning about some of its bloated buerocracy and where the money goes.
Don't get me wrong it's not a bad idea in spirit though.

Sorry to be a fart in an elevator

That actually depends on the charity. Whether you are paying straight towards a cancer research organization or a third party. There are "non-profit"s out there that are actually gaining a profit from donations, and there are also some that actually use the funds for legit reasons.

JesuisCharlie
08-19-2016, 05:33 AM
For syrian migrants