PDA

View Full Version : Transitive targeting

bmc85uk
06-24-2010, 11:45 AM
First off, apologies as I know targeting has been discussed and even addressed by a member of the development team, however I feel one thing has been overlooked and wanted to bring it forward for discussion.

As the title suggests.
Assisting is crucial to good group cohesion, and I think macro use could be avoided.

Currently you cannot target group members in dungeon runs, if this were changed so that tapping a group member (or tapping & holding their name in the group list) would highlight their name with a border, and their current target (if any) with a different colour border, all hostile actions could be directed to the sub target and friendly ones to the allied target, without an assist macro :-)

This would also allow for a follow command to be introduced.

Both in my opinion, helpful additions with minimal added clutter.

Thoughts?

Dexmann
09-07-2010, 01:25 AM
I think for sure they need to figure something out for targeting. I like the Idea of tapping on enemy (maybe double tap) to target hostile. Real e z and simple. I think update for targeting should be dealt with soon cause it's one of the most irritating Things for me as is for many others I'm sure

Hadesofshadow
09-07-2010, 01:32 AM
Rofl nice one

Necrobane
09-07-2010, 01:35 AM
I am totaly for this idea! this game needs things like /follow and spells like magic sheild to cast on tanks. Would open upp a whole new aspect to the game.