PDA

View Full Version : Reset all leaderboards seasonally

Breakingbadxx
08-19-2016, 09:29 AM
I'll put it straight. There is not much left to achieve in the game. Timed runs are reset seasonally so this is pretty much the only thing there is to make an achievement in (aside from event leaderboards).

CTF kills, TDM kills, PvE kills, flag captures. These are all currently almost impossible achievements.

For example, the top position on the overall CTF kills leaderboard is held with 140,000 kills+ and the lowest is held with over 60,000 kills. > CTF is dead (literally no one is there 24/7) so how is one expected to get on this leaderboard? There are people who haven't logged in for years now still holding top positions and earning banners.

All the current leaderboard system does right now is encourage dummy farming and cheating.

Resetting all leaderboards seasonally will without a doubt encourage more competition and bring life back to CTF.

Why does this game not reset all leaderboards seasonally like others?

There is a valid reason MMOrpg's normally reset leaderboards seasonally.

Can we give everyone a chance at achieving on all in game leaderboards?

What do you guys think?

Saud
08-19-2016, 10:01 AM
+1
Also ctf is really dead
It was the best pvp map
But since this new tdm map came
It become inactive
Can sts remove blood beach map?

Errorrz
08-19-2016, 11:11 AM
Not agree . Im not at lb . But I dont like lb will reset . Im start play this game just want to make a new time run record at any elite map . I dont care about Ctf kill or any pvp kill LB banner . That LB banner not make me respect/happy with their PvP banner . All Arlorians already no have respect to LB PvP Players because we know some of them is cheating to let their name at LB PvP list . Why you not try to get a new record from any elite map with your friend . This also challenge you to get better time run to be at LB . Errmm did you know STS already reset the cheating mage Pve Kill ? They can know if someone is using dummy or whatever . We also have reporter in game . If you see someone is using dummy or whatever , just email them .

Send your report to : support@spacetimestudios.com

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

Breakingbadxx
08-19-2016, 11:46 AM
Not agree . Im not at lb . But I dont like lb will reset . Im start play this game just want to make a new time run record at any elite map . I dont care about Ctf kill or any pvp kill LB banner . That LB banner not make me respect/happy with their PvP banner . All Arlorians already no have respect to LB PvP Players because we know some of them is cheating to let their name at LB PvP list . Why you not try to get a new record from any elite map with your friend . This also challenge you to get better time run to be at LB . Errmm did you know STS already reset the cheating mage Pve Kill ? They can know if someone is using dummy or whatever . We also have reporter in game . If you see someone is using dummy or whatever , just email them .

All leaderboards should be accessible to all players. Being on the leaderboard shouldn't be a arcane legends veteran perk. This is not about dummy farming specifically.

Ssneakykills
08-19-2016, 11:58 AM
http://i.giphy.com/oaZk0WNSO7fXi.gif

Psychoism
08-19-2016, 12:02 PM
They're only resetting the timed runs i think. It's so hard to reset seasonally :) I'm not a lb player but i'm in lb when gauntlet comes in. Thats a good idea but i dont think if some players is interested on this idea hihihi.

Breakingbadxx
08-19-2016, 02:08 PM

That's not the main point of this thread sorry.

Breakingbadxx
08-19-2016, 02:10 PM
Player A gets the banner for the #1 tdm kills position > player A's banner will show that they held the #1 position for tdm kills during one of the seasons > player A can compete for the #1 spot in the next season if they wish.

This is how it should be. I don't think anyone should hold a leaderboard position for life, its not fair to others (especially new players).

Zulgath
08-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Yes this is true.. Last season i worked all season to get 53k ctf kills legitly, i was planning to make it to lb this season but sadly ctf is inactive now means i cant gain any kills now, this also forces ppl to dummy farm bcs its not possible to get mainly..

To the thread i like the idea, but sts would need to always check the lb, and check also data from the kills gained to keep the lb clean from dummy farmers.

Odesláno z mého GT-I9505 pomocí Tapatalk

Energizeric
08-19-2016, 07:33 PM
I agree with this. Every leaderboard does not need to be an accumulation of the entire 3+ years of AL. There is a specific leaderboard, called the "Top Players" leaderboard, that is for that. Since Top Players goes by achievement points, that one cannot be reset each season.

In the past I've suggested adding higher tiers for PvE, CTF & TDM kills achievements. That would add another aspect to the top players leaderboard. After all, there should be some incentive to have good stats over many seasons. But other than Top Players, I agree that the other leaderboards should be reset each season. Or at least have 2 versions, the "season" version and the "all time" version.

kinzmet
08-19-2016, 08:12 PM
Monthly LB? Anyone?

Put tiers on the LB, so many can join the hunt.....Epic tier, Legendary tier, Mythic....Arcane tiers (hundred thousands points)...

Fredystern
08-20-2016, 01:01 AM
Monthly LB? Anyone?

Put tiers on the LB, so many can join the hunt.....Epic tier, Legendary tier, Mythic....Arcane tiers (hundred thousands points)...

I'll put it straight. There is not much left to achieve in the game. Timed runs are reset seasonally so this is pretty much the only thing there is to make an achievement in (aside from event leaderboards).

CTF kills, TDM kills, PvE kills, flag captures. These are all currently almost impossible achievements.

For example, the top position on the overall CTF kills leaderboard is held with 140,000 kills+ and the lowest is held with over 60,000 kills. > CTF is dead (literally no one is there 24/7) so how is one expected to get on this leaderboard? There are people who haven't logged in for years now still holding top positions and earning banners.

All the current leaderboard system does right now is encourage dummy farming and cheating.

Resetting all leaderboards seasonally will without a doubt encourage more competition and bring life back to CTF.

Why does this game not reset all leaderboards seasonally like others?

There is a valid reason MMOrpg's normally reset leaderboards seasonally.

Can we give everyone a chance at achieving on all in game leaderboards?

What do you guys think?

Not bad i like your idea so i could compete for lb 😂

Breakingbadxx
08-20-2016, 05:27 AM
Monthly LB? Anyone?

This may be too tasking for the developers but its a good idea.

Muses
08-20-2016, 06:04 AM
they hard work for lb, now reset ?
and new season ? LOL ik they ctf tdm play dummy but they still hard work online everyday. pve reset ? omg wt kt still open reset just new starting for play there .

Ssneakykills
08-20-2016, 06:09 AM
and new season ? LOL ik they ctf tdm play dummy but they still hard work online everyday. pve reset ? omg wt kt still open reset just new starting for play there .

Yeah they work hard online everyday cheating. It's like you condone them doing it.

Fsuryo
08-20-2016, 09:04 AM
+666 For seasonally LB

Can sts remove blood beach map?
Hahahahahaha, have a better idea?

Monthly LB? Anyone? (hundred thousands points)...
Server memory, etc xD

Breakingbadxx
08-20-2016, 09:09 AM
How hard should I work to get on the CTF kills lb using a nonexistent CTF map?

Plqgue
08-20-2016, 09:37 AM
+666 For seasonally LB

Hahahahahaha, have a better idea?

Server memory, etc xD

They seem to have enough server memory to keep releasing useless vanities and furniture almost every other day

Blazerland
08-20-2016, 10:37 AM
interesting idea. having new lb each season for pvp. this will give a chance for new players to have a goal and somehow bring life to the dying ctf map.

Breakingbadxx
08-21-2016, 06:32 AM
I hope this is taken into consideration. It would be nice for the opportunity to achieve to not be limited by account age.

Coalhouse
08-21-2016, 09:37 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?358164-Ban-the-botters-for-life&p=2540932&viewfull=1#post2540932

Breakingbadxx
08-21-2016, 10:20 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?142513-Season-5-Leaderboard-Winners!

The thread above shows why its so hard to monitor the leaderboards. Banners are literally given to everyone with a leaderboard position.

After making sure all leaderboards are reset seasonally:
If you were to only give out banners to the top 5 players in each leaderboard instead of the current 25...you would only need to e.g. check the kill record of each of those 5 players thoroughly after the season ends. Cheaters would be very easy to single out using a system to check the amount of player(s) that player has killed multiple times and the time frame of which they did.

For example, Player A dummy farms Player B for 5,000 kills during the beginning of the season, then starts playing legitimately. Player B's name would be highlighted in a ranking system as #1 and being killed by player A 5,000 times over (along with the time frame). Player A who is now #1 on the leaderboard would be removed and replaced with another who is #2 (if that person has been deemed clean). And so on.

This should be done before banners are given out.

I believe too many banners are currently given out and this is why its so hard to monitor the leaderboards.

Please note, this system excludes timed runs leaderboards, the AP leaderboard, the PvE kills leaderboard and the guild leaderboard.

Breakingbadxx
08-21-2016, 10:53 AM
I believe the system above would work because strategically dummy farming to avoid being caught would gain you kills at a much slower rate than playing legitimately. In the end, dummy farmers would be removed if they gained positions in the top 5.

What do you guys think?

Energizeric
08-21-2016, 02:50 PM
There are very simple things you can do to stop botting and kill farming. For example, for PvP, place a limit on how many times one player can kill another player in the same day. Maybe that limit should be 50. So if you kill the same player 100 times in the same day, only the first 50 will count as kills in your stats. You may not eliminate it entirely, but at least make it more difficult for the cheaters.

Visiting
08-21-2016, 04:45 PM
How about, remove the boards all together

Breakingbadxx
08-21-2016, 05:28 PM
And leave those who already have leaderboard banners with unattainable bragging rights for life?

No thanks.

Fightbeast
08-21-2016, 05:41 PM
Just a thought but when we look at the lb's in town they clearly show the season. So first impression will always be that the players are top players for that 'particular season'. I agree with OP (although this has been suggested countless times already) that each season players start from scratch for lb. It encourages competition and dedication like in any event.
Although PvP is an important topic mentioned here, it will be hardest to manage with the rise of dummy farmers. But I guess making examples of a few of them by deleting their kills might discourage others from trying out the method. Also add a report option for dummy farming.

Zulgath
08-21-2016, 05:41 PM
When u cant reach any lb spot so u want to noone else get banner be like:

Fightbeast
08-21-2016, 05:46 PM
Remember those long tiresome 100-500 boss kill aps, 10k flags? Hardly anyone would want to do them if you removed the lb.

Leaderboard encourages the survival of the game itself. Without anything to work towards people won't even want to play regularly.

Visiting
08-21-2016, 05:51 PM
When u cant reach any lb spot so u want to noone else get banner be like:

Tfw you have lb banners and Zulgath knows it ;o
Also, I could bot lb banners all day but that'd just make like the majority I guess.

Visiting
08-21-2016, 05:53 PM
And leave those who already have leaderboard banners with unattainable bragging rights for life?

No thanks.
Their so called bragging rights come from something so watered down and laughable that it's silly to consider it an honor of any sort

Zulgath
08-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Tfw you have lb banners and Zulgath knows it ;o
Also, I could bot lb banners all day but that'd just make like the majority I guess.
;o mad boi, i dont bot.

Visiting
08-21-2016, 05:58 PM
;o mad boi, i dont bot.

I know boyo

Energizeric
08-21-2016, 10:06 PM
I really hope they don't remove the leaderboards. I've never cheated and I've managed to earn some banners over the years and I'm very proud of them. Removing the leaderboards will remove a very fun (for me) aspect of the game.

Mesti
08-21-2016, 11:34 PM
I really hope they don't remove the leaderboards. I've never cheated and I've managed to earn some banners over the years and I'm very proud of them. Removing the leaderboards will remove a very fun (for me) aspect of the game.
Exactly, I understand people felt frust and unhappy or in other words, unfair especially for those bots/dummy user to get in lb. Me myself work hard for 4 months to get myself on the pve lb and hoping that I able to stay and get lb banner when new season come. If they remove the lb then all my effort all this time worthless.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Yes
08-22-2016, 02:02 AM
Exactly, I understand people felt frust and unhappy or in other words, unfair especially for those bots/dummy user to get in lb. Me myself work hard for 4 months to get myself on the pve lb and hoping that I able to stay and get lb banner when new season come. If they remove the lb then all my effort all this time worthless.

Safiras
08-22-2016, 02:36 AM
No amount of change to the way the leaderboard is going to change the impact of botting/cheating on leaderboards, unless a strong commitment is made to policing the leaderboard and clamping down on ANY suspicious player activity, not just the activity of players on leaderboards.

To say that restricting banners to top 5 in every category will reduce the amount of botting is naive. People will bot regardless of how many spots give banners.

There are people who will bot intermittently to fly under the radar and linger amongst the non-banner spots till near the end of the season and then have a burst of activity near the end of the season to collect the prize. The activity burst may be legit so that no one thinks they actually botted in the first place. Seasonal PvP kills LBs makes it even easier for botters/killfarmers to get on LB, and then it becomes a race of who can bot/farm faster because they don't have the 100k kills mountain set by an old player to climb, and will then only be racing against other cheaters.

I am speaking as a player who has played for a long time and interacted with many different players: changing the leaderboards will not alter the PvP dynamic and make it more active. Very few people I know do PvP for the sake of getting onto the leaderboard. I personally PvP for fun and my PvP activity will not change regardless of whether or not the leaderboard tracks all-time or seasonal kills. It is the same for most of the other PvP players. The truth of the matter is that PvP power is clustered amongst the few guilds who are able to call upon the best players, who can stack tanks and mages to abuse the PvP class imbalance, and who can call upon enough players to gang/block others. In short, the PvP environment is unfair to most players out of the major PvP guilds and this prevents players from trying out PvP. It has nothing to do with leaderboard cheating.

I could go on and on about ways to circumvent your proposed changes but the point I'm making is that without proper policing of player activity, no changes to the leaderboard will make things any fairer for legit players

Mesti
08-22-2016, 02:36 AM

Hahahaahahahha

Breakingbadxx
08-22-2016, 05:55 AM
No amount of change to the way the leaderboard is going to change the impact of botting/cheating on leaderboards, unless a strong commitment is made to policing the leaderboard and clamping down on ANY suspicious player activity, not just the activity of players on leaderboards.

To say that restricting banners to top 5 in every category will reduce the amount of botting is naive. People will bot regardless of how many spots give banners.

There are people who will bot intermittently to fly under the radar and linger amongst the non-banner spots till near the end of the season and then have a burst of activity near the end of the season to collect the prize. The activity burst may be legit so that no one thinks they actually botted in the first place. Seasonal PvP kills LBs makes it even easier for botters/killfarmers to get on LB, and then it becomes a race of who can bot/farm faster because they don't have the 100k kills mountain set by an old player to climb, and will then only be racing against other cheaters.

I am speaking as a player who has played for a long time and interacted with many different players: changing the leaderboards will not alter the PvP dynamic and make it more active. Very few people I know do PvP for the sake of getting onto the leaderboard. I personally PvP for fun and my PvP activity will not change regardless of whether or not the leaderboard tracks all-time or seasonal kills. It is the same for most of the other PvP players. The truth of the matter is that PvP power is clustered amongst the few guilds who are able to call upon the best players, who can stack tanks and mages to abuse the PvP class imbalance, and who can call upon enough players to gang/block others. In short, the PvP environment is unfair to most players out of the major PvP guilds and this prevents players from trying out PvP. It has nothing to do with leaderboard cheating.

I could go on and on about ways to circumvent your proposed changes but the point I'm making is that without proper policing of player activity, no changes to the leaderboard will make things any fairer for legit players
I agree, cheating should be clamped down on mercilessly.

Most do it because they know they won't be caught.

There should be somewhere in game to report anyone you suspect of cheating/dummy farming and if their record shows anything of the sort, they should receive a perma ban. They can plead their case if they feel they were unjustly banned.

The fear of the possibility of receiving a perma ban would discourage even the most calculated cheaters.

Discouraging cheating should be a priority. Cheating has been condoned and has hindered in game progress for too long.

everyonesnoob
08-22-2016, 06:49 AM
supporting the idea to reset lbs

Breakingbadxx
08-22-2016, 09:27 AM
That first para reminds me of some drama that just transpired in one of the gazzillion LINE "merch chats". Someone managed to find and pay someone to run a bot and dummy farm on her account. Then this certain someone had the gall to defend the illegal activities on her account. This resulted in much flaming and TT'ing from both sides. Me being the benign being that I am spoke out in the merch chat how the person who was raging about the former-someones dummy farming could easily PM a developer a moderator mentioning how she had lent out her account to someone who was dummy farmer. Account sharing + dummy farming should result in a ban since dummy farming already results in a roll back. Few hours later that certain someone was apologizing and what nott to the people on LBR who had spoken up against her. I try nott to get embroiled in all this PvP drama the community can be toxic to say the least.

About so call class balance: I'm pretty sure taking player perspective hasn't worked out for the developers and this time they are going to stick their trustworthy databases. From my time spent in PvP I have to agree with the developers the game seems pretty balanced, except when it comes to clashes. Rogues are only left out of clashes because the DPS they brings to team fights is outshone by the heal cycles of the other classes. Whereas in a 1v1 situation or in a TDM situation where the team is almost always seperated rogues will outshine both the other classes. What I realized is rogues might require a slight buff in stats because I managed to kill rogues who are on the PvP LB with a staff in TDM, most probably I just got lucky and I would urge the developers to stick to their hard data which aren't biased like most of us to our classes.

Yes I'm a mage and I don't PvP much but when I do I realized rogues with speed set and the new shadow piercer fix can SP away almost everytime making them the infuriatingly hard to chase and kill, the rogue has been reduced to their namesake.
It would also be nice if the developers could use some spare time to watch current endgame PvP videos made by professionals to see if their data matches up with reality. These videos are many and readily available on YouTube. Just type 'arcane legends pvp' and filter the upload date to 'this month'.

Breakingbadxx
08-22-2016, 12:31 PM
I was once a part of a community with over 100k players online at one point in time(okay,maybe 30-40% of them were bots). The developers have learnt over 15+ years that buffing and nerfing items based on player views doesn't pay off it just creates an endless cycle of buffs and nerfs. Relying on concrete data however works wonders.

Watching videos doesn't help much, all videos provides you with is the basic knowledge of the what's what and what's nott. Most of it is muscle memory which comes from practice, loads and loads of practice. Honestly though the developers have better things to do than videos, keep in mind most of these videos are filtered and selectively posted. There are hardly any "professionals" out of all the PvP video uploads. The only proffesionals who are PvP are the developers themselves and Paradigm if he still streams(most streamers who make a living out of playing games are the people I would consider the only professionals. Even youtube video makers ofc, but these people be rare, any dunkey fans out there?:3)

Zeus included I'm sure this game is just a hobby to him too :P
However Zeus has been posting videos on a thread of his and I'm sure the developers have a bag full of popcorn and a set of bean bags waiting to watch his videos.
I think i remember a developer mentioning that their data shows PvP should be balanced. :)

Dehydration
08-23-2016, 02:32 AM
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matiusjohntw
08-23-2016, 04:23 AM
+1 to this idea :)
But spesifically, dont reset their profile flags or kills pvp/pve records, just record/count how much kills/flags they got from the current season, it'll be fair i though. All the struggling person won't disappointed cause of lost on hard work they have made from past season. Lets start the new "reachable" lb :)

Guild lb, and top player lb cant be reset i though.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00RD using Tapatalk

Origin
10-12-2016, 01:48 AM
It's been a long time coming. These problems were self-evident in the earliest of seasons, 1-4. Many of us tried to bring attention to these leaderboard problems so the game would be fixed. Forums, in-game protests, u name it - we were ignored. Some of us spoke louder (in action) than others and it wasn't taken well. The horse is well/truly dead and flogged. Now it's up to them to fix their own game - or risk undermining, or even undoing, whatever good progress they've set in motion with the new expansion. As always, it may be best not to get too involved. You can only help those who want it in the first place.

mssweety
10-16-2016, 08:19 PM
That first para reminds me of some drama that just transpired in one of the gazzillion LINE "merch chats". Someone managed to find and pay someone to run a bot and dummy farm on her account. Then this certain someone had the gall to defend the illegal activities on her account. This resulted in much flaming and TT'ing from both sides. Me being the benign being that I am spoke out in the merch chat how the person who was raging about the former-someones dummy farming could easily PM a developer a moderator mentioning how she had lent out her account to someone who was dummy farmer. Account sharing + dummy farming should result in a ban since dummy farming already results in a roll back. Few hours later that certain someone was apologizing and what nott to the people on LBR who had spoken up against her. I try nott to get embroiled in all this PvP drama the community can be toxic to say the least.

About so call class balance: I'm pretty sure taking player perspective hasn't worked out for the developers and this time they are going to stick their trustworthy databases. From my time spent in PvP I have to agree with the developers the game seems pretty balanced, except when it comes to clashes. Rogues are only left out of clashes because the DPS they brings to team fights is outshone by the heal cycles of the other classes. Whereas in a 1v1 situation or in a TDM situation where the team is almost always seperated rogues will outshine both the other classes. What I realized is rogues might require a slight buff in stats because I managed to kill rogues who are on the PvP LB with a staff in TDM, most probably I just got lucky and I would urge the developers to stick to their hard data which aren't biased like most of us to our classes.

Yes I'm a mage and I don't PvP much but when I do I realized rogues with speed set and the new shadow piercer fix can SP away almost everytime making them the infuriatingly hard to chase and kill, the rogue has been reduced to their namesake.
yeah i definitly agree that dummy farmers should be getting banned. i dont know why they just removed the lb instead of just banning the cheaters.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Kingofninjas
10-16-2016, 09:21 PM

Firstly, pvp lb is no sign of skill. It shows how much time a player has spent in tdm, be it dummy farming or legitimately killing.

This season rogues are fairly decent in clashes. My rogue is at level 58, and I have noticed that with at least one decent tank with me, I can regularly beat any set up of opponents except 4 tanks. With 4 tanks I usually go 50-50. This is because the glint stone set has too little armor for tanks to actually survive. I have noticed myself regularly surpassing 6k Crits on tank and killing them with one combo (glintstone set). In fact, just today I hit an 11k crit on a tank using the axe set.