PDA

View Full Version : Warrior 2H Melee DPS Build

Drayden
04-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Just curious... I've always been a fan of MMO characters that utilize big armor and even bigger weapons, but most of the posts in this forum are about tanking.

Has anyone tried a 2H melee DPS build? Does it work well? Any advice on stats and skills?

FeralDruid
04-14-2010, 11:42 AM
General rule of thumb with 2H builds is the attack speed on the weapons are much much slower than 1H. I would suggest going heavy into DEX to make each swing count with crits if you're after DPS.

Drayden
04-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

Anyone else? :)

Buvet
04-14-2010, 05:08 PM
I tried two handed for a while, and while the individual swings dealt really high damage, I think that taking -1 or 2 dps in exchange for the abilities to use a shield is more than a fair trade. In addition to boosting armor, shields can boost stats and regen; well worth the slightly lower dps.

tubbies
04-14-2010, 08:45 PM
2 handed weapons in this game require a decently high str to wield so going dex is not possible unless you handicap yourself with a lower level 2 handed weapon.

I've tried the 2H build with a white item and it does fine with a maxed out Rage skill. Dishes out average hits of 70 and crits up to 150 almost 50% of the time with Rage.

Haven't decided what other skills to max out yet though.

Buvet
04-14-2010, 08:58 PM
stomp is ridiculously good when maxed out. If you time it right, you can also hit it with a maxed out super mega slash and the target literally goes flying out of agro range xD

tubbies
04-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Skills are also affected by crit%. Rage makes Stomp crit for 170+.

Knockback for dps bears is counterproductive. You have to chase after a target after knocking him back means less dps.