PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Skill Cap

v5point0
06-24-2010, 11:51 AM
At the moment you can only max up till 5 for every Skill you have. Please increase this so we can maximize the skill points on a certain skills.

Druc
06-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Haha, "I have 99 points into blast shot, 1 million damage!...I AM BECOME DEATH!!!"

I don't see this happening bro...

Sayishere
06-24-2010, 12:25 PM
bad bad bad idea

more skills, skill trees is whats needed not more points into blast shot or high damage abilities, the 1 shot madness will continue if this was the case

Druc
06-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Uber Blast Shot would decimate PvP...

FluffNStuff
06-24-2010, 01:34 PM
Uber Blast Shot would decimate PvP...

Good luck surviving the Fire Storm from the Chanter. Its Damage AND Radius also increases with level. Would be a nuke that instantly kills everything on the board.

Druc
06-24-2010, 01:47 PM
Would just dodge it off with my MILLION evasion! HA!

yes I know, counter Mana shield...counter something else..blah blah

v5point0
06-24-2010, 01:59 PM
Good luck surviving the Fire Storm from the Chanter. Its Damage AND Radius also increases with level. Would be a nuke that instantly kills everything on the board.

No skill increases by radius per skill point. I guess some skills need to be readjusted in example skills which decrease mana consumption per skill level.

Well, I just thought it would be of use instead of Skill Points sitting there and leaving for waste especially in the case of Bear. Once you max up Iron Blood, Rage, Evade, Hell Scream, Beckon, Stomp, and maybe Super Mega Slash, the rest is not really useful for both Dex and Str build.

Birds and Elfs are different though, as they have and need more points in different skills to keep them alive or deal damage.

Rebel
06-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Answer to all your problems=skill tree

question. answered.

bmc85uk
06-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Yay for skill trees!

v5point0
06-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Skill trees is just a temporary solution isn't it?

Cascade
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Yeah this is a bad idea because people would own with over 5 points on their skills.

bmc85uk
06-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Skill trees is just a temporary solution isn't it?

I think that unless the current skill system is changed then adding more skills (which I'm sure will happen eventually given the game is sketched out to lvl 100) would be a temporary solution and a lot less easy to manage, with les you can do to it.

Skill trees also support the system of build customisation, if say, each class (or as I would prefer, race - more like a blank canvas) had a skill tree designed to fit with a specific style of play (that could be loosely tied in to the 3 attributes) each possible subclass could be individually tweaked via the skill tree. Not to mention the fact that right now we have 9 potential built types (3 Classes x 3Attributes&Weapon types) with 3 skill trees added in to each class/race you then get 27 potential builds to play around with :-)

Tullen666
06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
I think that unless the current skill system is changed then adding more skills (which I'm sure will happen eventually given the game is sketched out to lvl 100) would be a temporary solution and a lot less easy to manage, with les you can do to it.

Skill trees also support the system of build customisation, if say, each class (or as I would prefer, race - more like a blank canvas) had a skill tree designed to fit with a specific style of play (that could be loosely tied in to the 3 attributes) each possible subclass could be individually tweaked via the skill tree. Not to mention the fact that right now we have 9 potential built types (3 Classes x 3Attributes&Weapon types) with 3 skill trees added in to each class/race you then get 27 potential builds to play around with :-)

I dont think the Devs will do this... 27 builds is a lot of balancing, which they still havnt managed with 9 potential builds...but are working on. Also, i noticed your from hampshire, me too :D

Huzzah
06-24-2010, 03:55 PM
No....bad bad idea for many reasons already explained here. Of course, unless, you're suggesting another level increase (which in my opinion is wayyyy too soon)

tjornan
06-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Total Ownage= 99 skill point iron blood and rage. this equals a fricking invincible beast.

Bad idea

bmc85uk
06-24-2010, 04:47 PM
I dont think the Devs will do this... 27 builds is a lot of balancing

Something which I think is made easier to manage through split skill trees, altering any skills right now will shift the balance of the 3 sub builds from that Race/Class

which they still havnt managed with 9 potential builds...but are working on.

As far as I was aware, they haven't really done any balancing so far besides gear itself, however PvP balance (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?3614-Idea-for-Fixing-Pures-vs.-Hybrids&p=34674#post34674) is in the pipeline.

Also, i noticed your from hampshire, me too :D

Winchester :-)

tjornan
06-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Ya basically this is how it will go.... the archer will be like... uber blast shot! then the bear will be like hah! uber evasion! then the mage will be like uber ice storm! ( will make everyone pretty much be permanently stuck.) then the mage will be like HAH! uber fire storm! ur all dead!

BAD BAD IDEA

FluffNStuff
06-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Total Ownage= 99 skill point iron blood and rage. this equals a fricking invincible beast.

Bad idea

Did some calculations and the Mage Firestorm would do 16,137 damage to a radius of 102 m at 99 skill points. Just wait till it crits ...

tjornan
06-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Did some calculations and the Mage Firestorm would do 16,137 damage to a radius of 102 m at 99 skill points. Just wait till it crits ...

Not too mention i would have 1000 pinks..... u know why? i would go to AO and use the uber ice storm+uber fire storm and id kill everyone and get all the items....