PDA

View Full Version : Add Vote To Boot Feature

Orcish
09-16-2011, 01:57 PM
So many players are experiencing unjust booting. To combat most of these situations I thought, how about STS adding a vote to boot feature in which every party member gets to vote, yes or no to boot said person. If it comes to a tie final results are based on host vote.

CrimsonTider
09-16-2011, 02:12 PM
I think the idea is a good one buddy HOWEVER (dont you just hate those???) the time factor exists. For instance, I was hosting xp runs today with my guildies (speed is key) and I forgot to lock one of the games. It literally took a half second for someone to join who was not in our group. A quick "full" and we were on our way. :)

I understand there is a great nukber of abusers but hasnt this always existed?

Gluttony
09-16-2011, 02:14 PM
It's supposed to be an MMO-on the go, not a senate meeting. Voting just slows things down and it'll become cumbersome. Do not want.

arischal
09-16-2011, 02:15 PM
I think the idea is a good one buddy HOWEVER (dont you just hate those???) the time factor exists. For instance, I was hosting xp runs today with my guildies (speed is key) and I forgot to lock one of the games. It literally took a half second for someone to join who was not in our group. A quick "full" and we were on our way. :)

That was me!! But seriously, if I take someone's place I don't mind leaving if asked. But boots are quick even if it seems unjust

JaytB
09-16-2011, 02:19 PM

Yup, I was there when it happened :)

Kraze
09-16-2011, 02:24 PM
It's supposed to be an MMO-on the go, not a senate meeting. Voting just slows things down and it'll become cumbersome. Do not want.
Can't say it any better. Don't need more stuff slowing down the game. Side note an option when creating a game as a guild game so only guild members can join no pw needed would be nice

Orcish
09-16-2011, 02:46 PM
Yeah do see where this could slow things down a little. I feel the issue with this is the placement of the vote message. It would have to be out of the way (perhaps at the top somewhere), tiny, and would have to disappear immediately after the vote. In the PC versions of CoD this feature was a common place and it didn't really slow down the game, it took about 1 sec to click yes or no. Personally I don't have a issue with the boot system the way it is now, if I get booted it's not a big deal, join another game. I am however seeing a bunch of posts as of late about this subject and so I thought about this. Btw love the guild only games, it could be an issue though if there isn't enough guildies online or they don't want to join the group but to counter this, maybe making exceptions for "invited" players?

KingFu
09-16-2011, 02:52 PM

Cumbersome was one of my vocab words on the test I took today...kewl....

On a less off topic note, I agree. Group voting would just slow it down. I like the easiness if booting. Maybe if there wasn't a host the group would boot? Totally different use of it though.

bronislav84
09-16-2011, 03:40 PM
Do not want. It does slow down games, and people can just find another if they're so inclined. Finding un-hosted games is generally harder than hosted ones.

A vote in un-hosted would be wrong on so many levels IMHO.

So anyway, as useful as this might be, I am not for it became it would slow down games. Would also take away the "safety" of knowing you can be a tad lagy cause of the server or slow cause you're taking a spoonful of food every couple of minutes and can't be booted for it.

Orcish
09-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah there isn't a perfect solution to this boot issue epidemic. Bottom-line so long as there is a boot or other features, there will always be those that abuse the system or use it to the point where others feel wronged. I loved the discussion and I wanted to say thank you to all those who replied. Good stuff :)

AbsolutePally
09-16-2011, 04:18 PM
That was me!! But seriously, if I take someone's place I don't mind leaving if asked. But boots are quick even if it seems unjust

I've tried asking people to simply leave w a reason. The majority won't, mainly bc if they are being asked instead of booted they assume there's no host to boot. When one person is with a group of four potted ones they want to stick around at all costs for the quick runs and exp. A vote system is a bad idea for this mmo, I know it is used in others though. Booting takes enough time as is, especially when u don't use a password and people flock in, booting several people just to get your guild mate who is potted in is time consuming and ecomonically draining.
When I or others have spent plat which equals money I don't want to need to vote on every single person I don't know that has come in. Sure I can make a passworded game but speed speed speed. Its bad enough when players flame u after a quick boot and having to explain furthermore why.

Orcish
09-16-2011, 04:26 PM
If the map menu could remember a password so long as you were joining the same host session there really wouldn't be an issue with keeping slots open for group members, that I can see. I would love to be able to just hit "join" on a locked session, vs having to type in the password everytime.

Kraze
09-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Or a party feature where u say these five are a group and nobody can join unless someone leaves the group

CMX
09-17-2011, 07:44 AM
Join a public game or host yourself if you encountered unjustified booting. This is a 5 minutes quick game and voting just waste everyone time.

Register
09-17-2011, 08:35 AM
It would nice to have voting in a game with no host to get rid of people who being disruptive or something. But in hosted games, i dont think its necessary. If somebody joins runs when its full, a quick full, and its done! Voting will slow it down, diminishing the possible xp gained.

Sandy tan
09-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Disagree to vote. Waste time! If u dont want to be booted, just host ur own game ok?!

Bwahahagirl
09-19-2011, 05:19 PM
I do agree that they need to do something about booting, but not a vote. Maybe they could just make some sort of filter that filters all single letters and won't let you say something like this:
"bviedbideohvdeugvejyjHakgfergjkmgeshjncbdjkanchvs"
They could make it so the player wouldn't be kicked out if any invalid reason is used like the above ones. Sound reasonable? :cupcake: