PDA

View Full Version : New chat (9/16 patch) isn't thumb friendly on smaller screen devices

bronislav84
09-16-2011, 05:51 PM
What I mean is that when using most non-pad touch screen only devices our thumbs rest comfortably on the bottom left and bottom right of the screen. With adding back changing displayed lines, the quick chat button was moved to the TINY space between the on-screen menu and the chat.

It isn't quick if you have a hard time reaching it and can open the menu or the chat accidentally.

So please move the quick chat back near the pot buttons, and allow activating chat with a tap on an icon again (Optional, but the quick chat button is so easy to miss now and needs to be back to where it was). It just isn't thumb friendly when you have to go to the top of the screen to activate both chat and quick chat.

bronislav84
09-18-2011, 09:03 AM
No replies seriously? Nobody agrees?

Moogerfooger
09-18-2011, 09:24 AM
I thought the quick chat was too close to the virtual joystick on my phone myself...like the touchspot for it was a leeeetle too close to the joystick and I was constantly opening it on accident, but never had that prob in PL. If moved back to the bottom, maybe a little further right/shifting the stims very slightly right to accomodate.

SUPAPRODIGY
09-18-2011, 09:43 AM
It is a pain on waiting for the chat to come down so you can type.

bronislav84
09-18-2011, 09:49 AM
Thank you Moog, I agree. Sup this has nothing to do with the actual chat, sorry.

bronislav84
09-23-2011, 02:05 AM
About time I bumped this. Please Devs, this needs a second look.

Otukura
09-23-2011, 02:08 AM
It's like a girl who you really really really love... you will always love her.. and can't stop thinking about her... but she just KEEPS **** changing.

bronislav84
09-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Funny Otu. :)

I posted about this in the official feedback thread by Sam for PL. Maybe something will get changed in both games.