PDA

View Full Version : Should the global damage and heal nerf in PvP be removed?

Breakingbadxx
08-23-2016, 01:28 PM
I think there were less problems with PvP before it was introduced.

Can we remove it for a week and see how it goes?

What do you guys think?

resurrected
08-23-2016, 01:31 PM
Also remove KDR during that. I think it can be helpful to gain data and see difference between pre nerf and nerf. It might help in taking next steps to make PvP more balanced

Breakingbadxx
08-23-2016, 02:01 PM
Also remove KDR during that. I think it can be helpful to gain data and see difference between pre nerf and nerf. It might help in taking next steps to make PvP more balanced
Yes, KDR should be turned off for that week.

VROOMIGoRealFast
08-23-2016, 02:41 PM
All PvP related nerfs were removed (along with KDR) for a weekend during our initial look at PvP, while we collected data. In short summary, things did not go well for all classes =P.

Don't forget that when the PvP related nerfs were initially put into place, content and player strength were not where they are today. At the 56 cap gear has progressed players and their stats much further than in the past.

Plqgue
08-23-2016, 04:10 PM
Question bro do packs have a hot?

Breakingbadxx
08-23-2016, 04:14 PM
Question bro do packs have a hot?
Yes but the hot is currently not very useful. It was reduced before the global heal nerf and was reduced further by the nerf.

Just like how we now mainly rely on warriors heal shield and not the hot or even the heal. For mages, the instant burst of heal is what we rely on and not the hot anymore.

Plqgue
08-23-2016, 04:24 PM
Yes but the hot is currently not very useful. It was reduced before the global heal nerf and was reduced further by the nerf.

Just like how we now mainly rely on warriors heal shield and not the hot or even the heal. For mages, the instant burst of heal is what we rely on and not the hot anymore.

I wonder if they took the heal Nerf off packs and buffed it considerably with a better hot and mana regen if it would help the rogue class more than a damage reduction in razor I mean it would solve the mana pool part at least

Zeus
08-23-2016, 04:26 PM
I wonder if they took the heal Nerf off packs and buffed it considerably with a better hot and mana regen if it would help the rogue class more than a damage reduction in razor I mean it would solve the mana pool part at least

You can't get to heal packs if you're stunned. The whole issue is, rogue loses Nekro -> loses survivability -> gets stunned -> dies shortly after.
`

Breakingbadxx
08-23-2016, 04:34 PM
All PvP related nerfs were removed (along with KDR) for a weekend during our initial look at PvP, while we collected data. In short summary, things did not go well for all classes =P.

Don't forget that when the PvP related nerfs were initially put into place, content and player strength were not where they are today. At the 56 cap gear has progressed players and their stats much further than in the past.
The number of complaints about problems with the rogue class in PvP spiked after the global PvP nerfs. Does this mean that it must have affected the rogue class at endgame more negatively than expected?

We should consider that any reduction in damage affects the rogue class the most negatively since their class purpose is based on damage.

Also, we were shown data on the amount of PvP kills by class prior to the global nerfs. An aspect of the nerfs was to reduce the amount of rogue on rogue kills. Could we see the same data post-nerf or be told if there was any progress there?

extrapayah
08-23-2016, 05:19 PM
imo, damage nerf is something that is necessary, because opponents in pve has several times health of a player, so it's pretty much normal, unless, all enemies in pve are redesigned to have similar health/armor with a player

as for heal nerf, it's something debatable, especially concerning availability of potions in pve, and way too varied healing effectiveness, with extreme differences.

keith78
08-23-2016, 05:40 PM

Vroom. Kdr will be back on monday? Or stay more than long? Its bad no kdr :/

Sent from my 8050E using Tapatalk

VROOMIGoRealFast
08-23-2016, 05:57 PM
Vroom. Kdr will be back on monday? Or stay more than long? Its bad no kdr :/

KDR has not been turned off. I was referring to a weekend event in the past. Kill away friend! :)

keith78
08-23-2016, 06:01 PM
KDR has not been turned off. I was referring to a weekend event in the past. Kill away friend! :)
Oh sorry my bad. XD.

Otahaanak
08-23-2016, 06:39 PM
If you remove both at endgame, TDM matches would last about 1-2 minutes.

I like the HOT ("heal over time") buff suggestion mentioned above, however I think I'd rather see something that helps the Rogue and the team rather than just the Rogue alone. If you think about it, that's why Tanks and Mages are in demand - they can cover the other during a clash. Currently, Rogues add no survivability benefit - either to themselves or the team.

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty

Breakingbadxx
08-23-2016, 07:16 PM
I believe the global PvP heal and damage nerf needs to be revised. I'm sure its the root of the problems rogues face in PvP currently.

Zeus
08-23-2016, 08:11 PM
I believe the global PvP heal and damage nerf needs to be revised. I'm sure its the root of the problems rogues face in PvP currently.

Players are clearly starting to run out of patience. This isn't looking good.

I can pretty much kill just about any rogue as a sorcerer. There isn't balance, there's just lack of knowledge on how to play the sorcerer class. That is the biggest issue. I'm truly not seeing the problems people keep saying with sorcerer.

epicrrr
08-24-2016, 01:51 AM
We all get deaths no matter what class you play, the sooner you accept that the less stressed you will be.

Breakingbadxx
08-24-2016, 06:59 AM
We all get deaths no matter what class you play, the sooner you accept that the less stressed you will be.
You're a twink. No endgame player would expect you to understand.