PDA

View Full Version : How do i keep my mage alive??!!

crestmage
09-16-2011, 07:49 PM
Ok so here's the thing. I go into pvp, duel with the lightning+drain+icestorm+firestorm+heal+shield thing but before i can even reach my "heal" part im dead. Meaning that i die with full mana...
So, HOW is it that the other mages can survive without shield? Pls help, thx.:chuncky:

Eyesharp
09-16-2011, 10:20 PM
Perhaps I could help.What gear are you wearing first of all?

Buddyf97
09-16-2011, 10:36 PM
Ok so here's the thing. I go into pvp, duel with the lightning+drain+icestorm+firestorm+heal+shield thing but before i can even reach my "heal" part im dead. Meaning that i die with full mana...
So, HOW is it that the other mages can survive without shield? Pls help, thx.:chuncky:
Max your buffs, and max shield. At end game mana shield becomes a buff before the fight. If you are still having troubles try an armor ring, a wand/bracer, or change to a different spec.

Zapoke
09-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Max your buffs, and max shield. At end game mana shield becomes a buff before the fight. If you are still having troubles try an armor ring, a wand/bracer, or change to a different spec.

Don't Max shield until 55+. Even then...

Otukura
09-16-2011, 10:42 PM

14 armor in a 1-1 is huge, at end game.

Zapoke
09-16-2011, 11:02 PM

I guess it depends on your playstyle.. I did try max shield, it didn't really help me much.

Ixillicus
09-16-2011, 11:53 PM
Max shield doesn't add that much value. Perhaps you should change your combo, obviously they have a different order that kills you way faster. Maybe you should try to figure that out :P (thats kinda the point when your new to PVP lol)

Zapoke
09-17-2011, 01:47 AM
Max shield doesn't add that much value. Perhaps you should change your combo, obviously they have a different order that kills you way faster. Maybe you should try to figure that out :P (thats kinda the point when your new to PVP lol)

True. I know what his problem is, I think.

Ok so here's the thing. I go into pvp, duel with the lightning+drain+icestorm+firestorm+
heal+shield

The main problem I see here is the late drain. And icestorm... You should put drain either first, or put a 12m skill there. Like, for instance:
frostbite, drain, lightning, icestorm, heal, firestorm, shield.
Or using firestorm first can help kite some. My point is, lightning is good.. But it's very easy to miss it when you use it first. The only type of Mage I can think of with this kind of combo being highly successful is pally..

blox
09-17-2011, 09:03 AM
i usually drain first then mana shield and then use all my offensive skills

Bunnyshoota
09-21-2011, 03:47 PM
use frost bite better then icestorm in my opinion
shield earlier

Zerious
09-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Only downside to using frostbite first is the travel time to your target....

crestmage
09-22-2011, 04:25 AM
Perhaps I could help.What gear are you wearing first of all?

BTW Guys my gear is Brain-Freeze. LVL 42, dex/int mage

crestmage
09-22-2011, 04:26 AM
use frost bite better then icestorm in my opinion
shield earlier

Shield earlier!!?? I dont think thats gonna help... and fyi icestorm is better cuz its aoe. If maxed its dam goes to 200++

crestmage
09-22-2011, 04:27 AM
i usually drain first then mana shield and then use all my offensive skills

Yep tried that. But then i think drain first is a waste cuz the health is still runnin good. Should drain in the middle of battle, mebbe?

crestmage
09-22-2011, 04:29 AM
[/QUOTE]The main problem I see here is the late drain. And icestorm... You should put drain either first, or put a 12m skill there. Like, for instance:
frostbite, drain, lightning, icestorm, heal, firestorm, shield.
Or using firestorm first can help kite some. My point is, lightning is good.. But it's very easy to miss it when you use it first. The only type of Mage I can think of with this kind of combo being highly successful is pally..[/QUOTE]

yeah prob is i need lightning as a debuff component. My other debuffs are ranked zero.

crestmage
09-22-2011, 04:30 AM

Max shield?? Waste, cuz im still at 41, no where near end game

crestmage
09-22-2011, 04:31 AM
Thx guys for the help, anyways. I'll just keep tryin different combos till i find a good one. Thx

Bunnyshoota
09-22-2011, 06:03 PM
Shield earlier!!?? I dont think thats gonna help... and fyi icestorm is better cuz its aoe. If maxed its dam goes to 200++
k this is before i knew your level lol
at end game this is crucial cuz birds will just one second kill you

Bunnyshoota
09-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Only downside to using frostbite first is the travel time to your target....
True, but its worth it cuz u can sometimes drain in between, it has a MUCH longer range, and in my experience it is more accurate. Don't want to start an argument with the pvp master though:/

Zapoke
09-22-2011, 06:33 PM
at end game this is crucial cuz birds will just one second kill you

Hey - My bird, when it was 41, could kill elves (lv45-50) in 3 seconds if they didn't shield first! :-)

True, but its worth it cuz u can sometimes drain in between, it has a MUCH longer range, and in my experience it is more accurate. Don't want to start an argument with the pvp master though:/

The problem with ice first is that it ONLY works 100% of the time in 30-. And actually, a lot of 30 mages can kill you before your drain will heal so it's not even 100% there. In 35, any Mage that uses ice first against me dies in 2 seconds(if that). The exception to this is using wands 50+. I wait to use drain last and win 95% of the time (if I can get it out against those glyph staves..). This is why, IMO, Mage Mage is better then glyph! 44 regen is amazing... Hehe. :D