PDA

View Full Version : Market Crash Feedback and Concerns

Ydra
08-25-2016, 09:05 PM
Although STS is probably swimming in money from all the plat buyers (I don't blame them :D ), this event seems a little questionable if it doesn't have an intelligent follow up update.

The egg market which used to have a wide spectrum of prices, has in one day dropped eggs that used to cost 6m to less than 1m (example: Hisha). Thus making cheaper pets close to worthless compared to the mythics / arcanes. Also, if everyone has great pets, they become obsolete.

The impact on pets destroys almost all of the incentive of opening locks. Not mentioning the number of people that lost millions due to a surprise event as impactful as this one.

It's hard to trust a market where an item can drop to less than 1/6 of its original price literally overnight.

Would love to hear other inputs below (even if they go against my claims).

Recipe
08-25-2016, 09:26 PM
Lol rip arcane and mythic eggs

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

xsilentninjax
08-25-2016, 09:43 PM
I absolutely agree, considering my ignorance(was busy at the time) i found out that lots of valuable eggs drop prices overnight. I was half asleep and thought that this might cause market to drop, giving advantages to new non-plat buyers and giving the cashers a little disadvantage. But when the prices were drop from 1/6 it was hardly unquestionable about the drop rates if 3 of 4 party members in a zone gets arcane eggs.

Alwarez
08-25-2016, 09:49 PM
About locks-they are cheap already. I doubt many people were opening in last time. STS needs to introduce really OP eggs better than nekro or OP gear better than current to bring lock price any higher.

I dont see any difficulties or loses here for farmers. They are finally free from mine slavery (for 1 week). Merchers and hoarders, yes, they have big problems this time. But when you gamble big, be ready to lose.

Elshaddoll
08-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Arcane eggs haven't been hit as hard as mythics and legendaries. Event eggs in particular were hit hard. That being said I've got tons of new pets that i was never able to afford, and farming is exciting - guildchat has never been so active. Lots of good drops too. So i just hope sts can control the market hehe.

Sent from my MediaPad 7 Youth 2 using Tapatalk

Ydra
08-25-2016, 10:16 PM
About locks-they are cheap already. I doubt many people were opening in last time. STS needs to introduce really OP eggs better than nekro or OP gear better than current to bring lock price any higher.

I dont see any difficulties or loses here for farmers. They are finally free from mine slavery (for 1 week). Merchers and hoarders, yes, they have big problems this time. But when you gamble big, be ready to lose.

I agree that future updates may help the situation, but such drastic change caught many "innocent" people by surprise (not a good one). I feel like slowly introducing better pets would naturally and gradually lower other pets' values, in a more understandable way.

The quick change made me skeptical of future similar updates concerning event vanities, collector items, etc.

Ydra
08-25-2016, 10:20 PM
I just bought hisha 5.5m the other day and now it's worth 500k lol... i can't blame sts, since they're giving out free eggs to everybody. Rip all pets, now they are worthless when it comes to price. Triforce can be bought btw lessthan 1M you'll get three of them.. how nice right... hahah

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was one of the lucky ones able to sell my Hisha before the update.
I feel the struggle. Totally unpredictable and undeserved...

Vrazicak
08-25-2016, 10:31 PM
I think prices of mythic and arcane eggs are on spot now, sure only rich people are complaining now but this is so fair towards farming community cause they can actually have good stuff now that they earned by farming. Thank you STS!

mutantninjaz
08-25-2016, 10:34 PM
ya dont change the egg drop rate hahaha all can afford arcane eggs now yipeeee ^_^

love STS

Horme
08-25-2016, 10:41 PM
It is only temporary drop, after event end it will raise again.

Ydra
08-25-2016, 10:42 PM
ya dont change the egg drop rate hahaha all can afford arcane eggs now yipeeee ^_^

love STS

If all can afford, don't they become average with time, and thus obsolete?

When the rarest rarity categories (Arcane and Mythic) become average, we start to see some contradiction, don't you think?

Many strived to achieve these rare eggs, now what will be the thing we look forward to buying?

Plqgue
08-25-2016, 11:38 PM
If all can afford, don't they become average with time, and thus obsolete?

When the rarest rarity categories (Arcane and Mythic) become average, we start to see some contradiction, don't you think?

Many strived to achieve these rare eggs, now what will be the thing we look forward to buying?

Obsolete you mean more players with good pets and no more deary pugs right?

bibeolli
08-26-2016, 08:15 AM
Rip event players... running all day, spend gold to buy energies, and now...

Universalpro
08-26-2016, 09:37 AM
I m pretty sure 90% of the community is happy with the prices dropping like anything but this will only lead to the downfall of the game. Arcane eggs were already very cheap and they might just drop to 500k-1m till the end of the event.
U will feel the impact when the game gets boring, when there is absolutely nothing left in game to achieve.
I hope this event was the follow up for introduction of new eggs which are better than nekro.
And for those who think prices will rise after event, no they aint gonna rise soon and even if they do it will only be by a small amount. Why? Because the al economy is totally messed up.
Anyway rip market

P.s- i dont have any stocked up arcane/mythic eggs so it didnt really affect me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

radiking
08-26-2016, 09:52 AM
Common guys stop nagging and have some fun farming.. you never see the whole community active and farming now. Your wasting your time commenting here while you can try to loot something there ;)

konafez
08-26-2016, 12:04 PM
People are just upset and want the farmers back in the mines or out hunting jewels..we can't have anything nice

#endfarmingslavery

Ambrose
08-26-2016, 03:11 PM
Are you guys all that thick and so preoccupied with fact that you might not get as much money for a egg that your missing the main objective of this event? It's so that players that can't afford 3 arcane or myth pets still have the ability and chance to create the pet they always wanted. Who cares if the pets cost less money the only people it will ultimately affect are the plat buyers that farm locks... They can still make money using plat if they really want but it finally gives everyone in the community a fair playing ground. Everyone always complains how it's pay to win... Now that sts introduces the one thing the whole community has always asked for in events you all gonna complain....

Ssneakykills
08-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Out with the old in with the new

Hint hint

Energizeric
08-26-2016, 05:07 PM
People are just upset and want the farmers back in the mines or out hunting jewels..we can't have anything nice

#endfarmingslavery

I'm wondering now how I'll ever save enough gold to finish the antignome set. Since I don't buy plat, what places can I farm to save up 10m gold over the next few months? I was doing pretty good the last couple of months, but now in one day the prices on all eggs, jewels, chests and crates have all come way down. That's pretty much everything that exists to farm.

I'm not one who goes looking to play the lottery and farm for weeks in dead city and possibly get nothing. I like slow but steady -- except I'm not sure if that will exist after this event, at least not for some time.

Universalpro
08-26-2016, 07:56 PM
This is just a mini-event it will be over within a week. 80% of the al community is engaged in km3 farming or egg farming so what r u going to farm after event? Lol

Lets hope sts has some good ideas to counter this

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ydra
08-26-2016, 08:39 PM
I think that what most people don't realize is the fact that mythic and arcane pets might be pretty cool at the moment or for the next few months, but that is only because of how limited and rare they used to be. When you had a good pet, you were somewhat proud of it. You had to grind to obtain them. The new update makes them so easy to get its almost a joke.

Soon enough, arcane pets will be taken for granted, worth close to nothing, and valued no more than that by AL players. I wonder what people will look to buy then...

Just my 2 cents.

epicrrr
08-26-2016, 11:38 PM
Good thing about this is everyone with endgame can farm so ye still have ur chances of quick m's

acewasabi
08-27-2016, 12:08 AM
Soon enough, arcane pets will be taken for granted, worth close to nothing, and valued no more than that by AL players. I wonder what people will look to buy then...

the thing is, having better pets makes doing pve heaps easier. so its not just about status or showing off, they actually improve gameplay for people :)

konafez
08-27-2016, 01:05 AM
There is allot of good coming from this event

It is a break from the every day grinding (I have to quote ilhanna when she said "every day I spend grinding I die a little inside")

People are getting massive amounts of PvE kills (good for guild ranking)

And its a shot in the arm of just plain fun for the community

So yeah..I say great event

Ydra
08-27-2016, 07:33 AM
#NekroIsTheNewDeary

dinzly
08-27-2016, 08:14 AM
#NekroIsTheNewDeary
i got deary from eggzavier in kt4..can it be considered as a nekro??[emoji16] [emoji16]

Iockedcrate
08-27-2016, 09:08 AM
buy all eggs 20m

Cutieeeee
08-27-2016, 10:15 AM
n.n Is a great event, all the New players are happy with it but I think StS give to Nekro a best place, the only way for get Nekro should be Craft it and also some event pets don't should be in this event (Dova for example) (I don't have Nekro)

Enviado desde mi SM-G900V mediante Tapatalk

Volt
08-27-2016, 12:45 PM
Just give everyone maxed gear and remove pve (except elites). That'll make PvP much more fun and fair :p (no, not sarcasm).

Plqgue
08-27-2016, 12:46 PM
Just give everyone maxed gear and remove pve (except elites). That'll make PvP much more fun and fair :p (no, not sarcasm).
@.@ that's not a very good idea

Volt
08-27-2016, 01:10 PM
@.@ that's not a very good idea

I suppose it ain't good for maxed players, but a game in which everyone has the same gear for PvP (or gets to choose anything they want) is always better.

Abroxim
08-27-2016, 01:11 PM
Meantime in spacetime office...
"Hey Gary! Market Crushed! All prices are going down D; This is madness!"
"Madness? ... THIS IS STS!!"

Plqgue
08-27-2016, 01:13 PM
I suppose it ain't good for maxed players, but a game in which everyone has the same gear for PvP (or gets to choose anything they want) is always better.

I meant getting rid of pve not everyone wants to play tdm or ctf all day

Ydra
08-27-2016, 01:37 PM

That seems to be the way we're heading. Soon everyone will be able to afford arcane pets....
What's next event? Free paras for everyone? :D

Volt
08-27-2016, 03:30 PM
That seems to be the way we're heading. Soon everyone will be able to afford arcane pets....
What's next event? Free paras for everyone? :D

Yes pls kthxbai

mrm
08-27-2016, 04:47 PM
i was saveing up tons of locks to buy sns or mm at the end of haloween event since locks are cheap atm. When i looted sns it fel amazing AF couple of hours later it started to suck as i saw its price falling (already opend it) after relizeng how menny people hase it it kanda felt bad i misd the ould days from where you felt so unique and op when u had a supere rare item when arcanes was still arcane not that paying 60 mil for something is good not at all. i would have just preferred to buy him when he was still 6 mil . This is one of the best event the game has had this year my friend even looted his first arcane pet was nice to see him so exited(gold toor)..Anyways i like how this event is encouraging level46-55 to go level! and the rare pet drops.Also before the event i would stand in town
not knowing what to do 😂 well balanced out between plat spender and none plat spender only event that would top this one is cake >>

Kingofninjas
08-27-2016, 06:24 PM

Instead of crying go buy some gear. Noob.

Ydra
08-28-2016, 09:44 AM
Hisha 8% of its price before event... in auction.

Spell
08-28-2016, 11:00 AM
Hisha 8% of its price before event... in auction.

Feel bad because i sold hisha the night before event started for a nice 5.3m
Poor guy ho bought it :c

Tsiguchi Nonshantero
08-28-2016, 11:04 AM
The ones who are crushing the market are the same ones who are complaining about it, the players can control the market but don't want do it, they Just want sell cheaper than other players (that is good for me) n.n

Ydra
08-28-2016, 12:29 PM
The ones who are crushing the market are the same ones who are complaining about it, the players can control the market but don't want do it, they Just want sell cheaper than other players (that is good for me) n.n

I agree, but if supply increases by such a significant amount, it is more than natural for prices to drop significantly.

What I find disturbing is the fact that some event exclusive eggs are now available for everyone, when they should've been a unique reward to few dedicated players.

PS: I've not been negatively impacted by this event, but feel bad for the community that has.

Sevencent
08-28-2016, 01:35 PM
I do agree with the event pets, not everyone should be able to have those, original owners had to grind hard for it but the meaning is lost.

Abroxim
08-28-2016, 03:32 PM
I agree, but if supply increases by such a significant amount, it is more than natural for prices to drop significantly.

What I find disturbing is the fact that some event exclusive eggs are now available for everyone, when they should've been a unique reward to few dedicated players.

PS: I've not been negatively impacted by this event, but feel bad for the community that has.
I used to drop price 1 gold cheaper than player above me. If everyone could do same, price wouldn't drop so significantly i think.

Klompe
08-28-2016, 03:56 PM
I agree, I used to feel proud of my Tyrannica and beastmaster title. But now everyone has them. Still a fun event though.

Ydra
08-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Funny to see people complaining about the event now that it's ending...

Spiff
08-29-2016, 08:04 PM
How about everyone just be happy that you were able to be a part of this event? You witnessed, participated, and stood on the brink of greatness!. You can share this phenomenal occurrence with your grand-kids when you're old, They will look at you in awe, that you lived during the Great Egg Market Crash of 2016! More than that, you profited from the crash! Even if you did not loot that many eggs, you can still profit from getting your dream eggs for cheaper than they ever were before (if you hurry). The AL world is not a closed biosphere; new people download the game and join everyday and they will not have the same advantage that you had for experiencing this most awesome event. The market will correct itself over time. Farmers and merchants will once again make money Armageddon will be postponed, and dogs & cats will stop living together. And then, just when everything feels "normal" again, Gary & STS will throw another curve-ball and the roller-coaster ride will start all over again! LOL
Thanks for the ride!

xxalivexx
08-29-2016, 08:15 PM
Sts may have gained alot of money from this egg hunt event but locks will be opened less now, because pet prices are low, not really a suprise anymore to loot a myth egg from a lock that is 200-500k, or an arcane that is 500k-2m. I like the event overall, forced me to pve when i don't even do it much.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ydra
08-29-2016, 08:18 PM
How about everyone just be happy that you were able to be a part of this event? You witnessed, participated, and stood on the brink of greatness!. You can share this phenomenal occurrence with your grand-kids when you're old, They will look at you in awe, that you lived during the Great Egg Market Crash of 2016! More than that, you profited from the crash! Even if you did not loot that many eggs, you can still profit from getting your dream eggs for cheaper than they ever were before (if you hurry). The AL world is not a closed biosphere; new people download the game and join everyday and they will not have the same advantage that you had for experiencing this most awesome event. The market will correct itself over time. Farmers and merchants will once again make money Armageddon will be postponed, and dogs & cats will stop living together. And then, just when everything feels "normal" again, Gary & STS will throw another curve-ball and the roller-coaster ride will start all over again! LOL
Thanks for the ride!

One of the reason's I love AL is this solid market economy that I've never seen in any other game. It does have its ups and downs, but that's just like any real world economy. If you stop playing for a year, and come back, you still find a way to enjoy it. Great game. (If it weren't, I wouldn't care to make this thread :))

Thanks for all the input everyone.

radiking
08-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Prices are picking up so don't worry in about a month everything will be back its original price coz there are 1000's of hoarders out there to keep prices up [emoji14]

Kakashis
08-29-2016, 09:49 PM
yeah, eggs are consumables, they eventually will all get used up! Still need pets for socketing :) No one uses trash pets as the base pet, and people aren't exactly removing the eggs once socketed so they're technically "consumed"

Monsteriveelt
08-29-2016, 10:54 PM
Overall i say this was a good event 100k kills gained
And everyone active also looted 5 arc pets and too many to count mythics
ill say good overall event

nightmaresmoke
08-30-2016, 05:26 AM
Meantime in spacetime office...
"Hey Gary! Market Crushed! All prices are going down D; This is madness!"
"Madness? ... THIS IS STS!!"
Haha i imagine cinco saying that in spartan way hahaha [emoji16]

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Ydra
08-30-2016, 03:06 PM
Now time to start seeing the aftermath...

Energizeric
08-30-2016, 04:39 PM
I was thinking about this the past couple of days.... As a result of the egg market crash, the entire economy has collapsed to a certain extent. Remember that egg prices also affect the prices of many other things.

The best loot from locked crates is arcane eggs, and with the recent price decline of eggs, you can see the price of locked crates has collapsed as well -- a couple of weeks ago they were going for 7-8k, now they are 3-4k.

Many chests also contain eggs. For example, Elite Copper and Silver Warchests always had maintained some value due to the possibility of looting a rare Talon egg, which sold for 100k+. Now with Talon Eggs below 10k, I can't imagine who would pay even 200 gold for an Elite Copper or Silver Warchest as there is nothing that can be looted worth anything decent. The same can be said for many other elite and non-elite chests, most of which contain eggs in their loot table, which were the most valuable items that could be looted from them.

As we are just coming off this really fun event, I know most of you have not even thought about farming today, as you are probably "all farmed out" after spending 10 hours per day searching for Egg-Zavier the past week, but soon enough you will realize that there is not much to farm for anymore, except for Elite Underhul. The prices of just about everything else has collapsed.

So here is my proposed fix:

1) Add a new achievement for 100 pets in the stable. This will cause a big increase in demand for all pet eggs. Currently there is no reason to have more than 50 pets in your stable. Nobody uses more than a few pets in their rotation, and the others are just to satisfy APs. If everyone who cares about APs suddenly needs 50 more pets, this will use up many of the excess eggs that were looted during this event, and will help revive prices of rare, epic and legendary pet eggs in general, which will also help restore prices to chests and give us a reason to farm again.

2) This one may be less popular, but new achievements for having 5 mythic pets, and 5 arcane pets in the stable could be added. Yes, this could be seen as "pay to win" since both arcane and mythic pets are purchased with plat, and/or looted from locked crates (which also require plat). However, because this would cause the price of mythic and arcane eggs to go up, it would increase demand for locked crates, which would cause their prices to go back up and help crate farmers.

Remember that the economy of AL is NOT a zero sum game. There are ways to help both the rich plat players AND the poor and middle class farmers at the same time. I believe both of these suggestions would do that.

Any thoughts or comments?

Zeus
08-30-2016, 04:42 PM
Awesome idea. :D

Eagleye
08-30-2016, 04:50 PM
I like this , simple and to the point. +1

Suentous PO
08-30-2016, 05:10 PM
Seems it would make attaining more ap's desirable to older players but I don't think it would be enough to help farming in general.
I'm in a odd position having started over from zero, I think I see this game with fresh eyes, and if I'm a brand new player i think- who cares about ap's , I need money.
I get that it might (maybe) make locks rebound and interest old players, but more is needed to help farming. Otherwise it's always km3 km3 km3 event km3 km3 .....

Will this help lock prices more or hoarders I wonder

Ssneakykills
08-30-2016, 05:10 PM
Market will pick up when they bring new pets in and they need to be desirable too otherwise people will still stick to the current cheap pets

Mikerosoft
08-30-2016, 05:16 PM
Good Idea! i hope STS fix Prizes somehow

*edit: Also an Idea:

they could make some craftable Pets like Necro.
where you need "low lvl-Eggs" and some other mats. (but for everyone affordable)
and if you are lucky you get a decent Pet with a special Tag like: "Crafted Ribbit" or with an Symbol like a Star or something
it could have an extra stat or increased Stats

that way people would buy/farm Pets again too

Mfg, Mikerosoft

Betheren
08-30-2016, 06:22 PM
The entire economy has not collapsed... Crate prices of massive cyrostar are already up 16k from their low when I bought into a lot of them, and many eggs are already recovering extremely well. The only people complaining about the lower arcane prices are the 1% on AL who controlled the prices of arcanes such as SNS/Nekro and ripped everyone off by overpricing them. I have no pity for them, and in fact I wish event would go on longer so they lost more gold...

Energizeric
08-30-2016, 06:44 PM
Crate prices of massive cyrostar are already up 16k from their low when I bought into a lot of them, and many eggs are already recovering extremely well. The only people complaining about the lower arcane prices are the 1%....

Prices are not "already recovering extremely well". What has happened (and what always happens right after an event) is that the same 1% you complain about are actually attempting to merch and so many of them have bought up eggs and are continuing to buy up eggs. That keeps the price artificially high. Then what will happen in a few more days is they will stop buying them up and attempt to sell. When that happens, you will then find out the real market price for these.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do with an egg except hatch it. And for many of these pets, there are far more eggs in circulation than there are active players who want to add that pet to their stable. And that means we are going to see the price collapse at some point. Merchants are only going to buy and sell the same egg so many times without profit before they dump them all on the market.

With Klaas giving out free Deary, Cerella, Alejandro (and a few more) pet eggs, we have seen the prices of those pets collapse to where you cannot even sell them for 500 gold. With this event now finished, there are going to be another 30 or 40 eggs that will be priced very similarly, and that is not good for farming.

Zeus
08-30-2016, 06:50 PM
The entire economy has not collapsed... Crate prices of massive cyrostar are already up 16k from their low when I bought into a lot of them, and many eggs are already recovering extremely well. The only people complaining about the lower arcane prices are the 1% on AL who controlled the prices of arcanes such as SNS/Nekro and ripped everyone off by overpricing them. I have no pity for them, and in fact I wish event would go on longer so they lost more gold...

Please read post #8.

Energizer is absolutely correct. You'll see the REAL prices about a week after the event. Right now, I know of 3 people dumping about 600M each into the egg market to keep prices up.

Betheren
08-30-2016, 07:14 PM
Please read post #8.

Energizer is absolutely correct. You'll see the REAL prices about a week after the event. Right now, I know of 3 people dumping about 600M each into the egg market to keep prices up.
Well that is smart of them to buy the eggs while they are so cheap. That's what I did too during the event. If prices fall again all good merchers know to buy up the eggs and hold onto them. But then again I guess there are the noobs who panic and sell. Reminds me of trading in the real stock market. Some of your best investments you will ever make are when people are panicking and acting illogically as a result.

fajaratulnaj
08-30-2016, 08:09 PM
Ahh stop crying lol everyone can enjoy this game and old player will interested to come back XP

Zeus
08-30-2016, 08:15 PM
Well that is smart of them to buy the eggs while they are so cheap. That's what I did too during the event. If prices fall again all good merchers know to buy up the eggs and hold onto them. But then again I guess there are the noobs who panic and sell. Reminds me of trading in the real stock market. Some of your best investments you will ever make are when people are panicking and acting illogically as a result.

Correct.

After, thought, there's the real panic. In the stock market, considering I invest in stocks that I won't disclose, there are two types of free falls. Initially, there is the panic sell, then there is the true fall which happens after investors try to save the stock. This is what happens here and is when the smartest investors will invest to maximize their profit margins.

Energizeric
08-30-2016, 08:56 PM
What will be necessary to keep the prices of many of these eggs at a decent level is for enough new players to enter the game over the coming months, and buy these eggs and hatch them. If the eggs sit in inventory and do not get hatched, trust me when I say that the price will fall to nothing in time.

My idea here is to give everyone an incentive to hatch more eggs, since I'm not sure enough new players are joining AL on a regular basis to allow prices to rebound on their own.

CouchPass
08-30-2016, 09:04 PM
Hey guys, so with the "egg market" crash.. everyone is referring to it as a wave of prices falling down, which will eventually pick itself back up.. But to my knowledge, when arcanes hit 900k, right after event ended, that's only the FIRST wave of a market crash. Many people are hoarding mythics and arcanes to sell for a lower price, I can't blame them either, it's usually a smart way to make a profit. Only one thing though, this type of situation is different right? This is what I think is is going to happen/ is already in the process of happening:

Event starts, everyone sells everything they loot before prices drop
More and more people selling, till prices drop TOO low
Now people realize they could be making more money if they hoard eggs to sell later for profit
^While that's happening people are simultaneously opening eggs to complete AP's and get a good deal to max out stable
Now it's the end of event, and people are hoarding more, prices start raising themselves up..
Here is when I think it's a mock success, the egg market is "bluffing" if you want to call it that
Now a few days/weeks after event ends, people start selling eggs for "profit", but uh oh, demand is low because people already bought eggs while cheap
Since demand is low, and the market is being flooded with hoarded/unwanted eggs, prices will drop again
Brace yourselfs, the second market crash is happening now

This is my idea of whats going to happen, and no I'm not complaining about market crashes. I am grateful for this event :). I just want to know if my suspicions will be confirmed.. Am I over thinking it guys? Or am I on the right track

Thanks for putting up with my loosely formed thoughts haha

Energizeric
08-30-2016, 09:13 PM
Yeah, this has happened with other items after every event over the past year.

In the first 2 years of AL, there were only a few events, and during that time only a few smart merchants thought to buy up event gear to sell after the event. After the first Tarlok event, I can remember buying the Tarlok warrior armors and helms for less than 1k each, and selling them 3 months later for 50k+ each. (Back then warrior was the most popular class, and warrior gear sold for more than rogue or sorcerer gear)

The problem is, many other players apparently noticed what me and a few other merchants did. So beginning with the first Goblin event, I noticed that prices initially spiked right after the event was over due to everyone wanting to become a merchant and stash some items away for future selling. The problem is that when you have too many merchants, all you need is a few who are willing to sell cheap and prices start to crash. And that is what happened about a week after that first Goblin event. Prices came back down, and were even lower than during the event.

Three or four players who hoard an item can control the market somewhat and keep the price high, even if there is no communication between them. With the Tarlok gear back in early 2014, I never spoke to any other merchants about pricing. We just all seemed to respect each other and never undercut each other by any significant amount.

But when you have dozens of players hoarding the same items, that control is lost, and prices will fall when players decide to sell unless there is demand for these items among the player base.

CouchPass
08-30-2016, 09:16 PM
Yeah, this has happened with other items after every event over the past year.

In the first 2 years of AL, there were only a few events, and during that time only a few smart merchants thought to buy up event gear to sell after the event. After the first Tarlok event, I can remember buying the Tarlok warrior armors and helms for less than 1k each, and selling them 3 months later for 50k+ each.

The problem is, many other players apparently noticed what me and a few other merchants did. So beginning with the first Goblin event, I noticed that prices initially spiked right after the event was over due to everyone wanting to become a merchant and stash some items away for future selling. The problem is that when you have too many merchants, all you need is a few who are willing to sell cheap and prices start to crash. And that is what happened about a week after that first Goblin event. Prices came back down, and were even lower than during the event.

Three or four players who hoard an item can control the market somewhat and keep the price high, even if there is no communication between them. With the Tarlok gear back in early 2014, I never spoke to any other merchants about pricing. We just all seemed to respect each other and never undercut each other by any significant amount.

But when you have dozens of players hoarding the same items, that control is lost, and prices will fall when players decide to sell unless there is demand for these items among the player base.

Thanks for the info :), I am not scared of the market crashes in any way. STS had to have seen this coming, and they probably have a back up plan. I only made this thread to give some insight on what MIGHT happen, I don't want people complaining about how STS screwed up the economy, when they should shoulder some blame too.

Suentous PO
08-30-2016, 11:43 PM
What will be necessary to keep the prices of many of these eggs at a decent level is for enough new players to enter the game over the coming months, and buy these eggs and hatch them. If the eggs sit in inventory and do not get hatched, trust me when I say that the price will fall to nothing in time.

My idea here is to give everyone an incentive to hatch more eggs, since I'm not sure enough new players are joining AL on a regular basis to allow prices to rebound on their own.

Which significant eggs do you expect a new player to buy? Between potions jewels, and gear to level up I never had a budget for pets when I came back. That was like steak to my Raman budget starting over. The hand to mouth aspect is underestimated by older players.
That's why I pointed out that ap's mean nothing to new players.

Energizeric
08-31-2016, 01:26 AM
Which significant eggs do you expect a new player to buy? Between potions jewels, and gear to level up I never had a budget for pets when I came back. That was like steak to my Raman budget starting over. The hand to mouth aspect is underestimated by older players.
That's why I pointed out that ap's mean nothing to new players.

All the more reason that my suggestion should be implemented. It will cause older veteran players to hatch more eggs -- most do NOT have 100+ pets in their stable, but many will work towards that if APs are involved, especially with egg prices cheap as they are now.

Ydra
08-31-2016, 04:37 PM
All the more reason that my suggestion should be implemented. It will cause older veteran players to hatch more eggs -- most do NOT have 100+ pets in their stable, but many will work towards that if APs are involved, especially with egg prices cheap as they are now.

100% agree with this.
Most players are happy with 1 good pet.
The only way I see to increase the demand on several eggs (and remove them from the market) somewhat evenly would be the new achievement suggestions.

Ydra
09-09-2016, 07:02 PM
STS back at it again inundating the market with high tier items! :):