PDA

View Full Version : Need immediate attention!!!

NickFresh
09-17-2011, 01:53 AM
A player named "Supergotenks" just ripped me off. He said he was paying me 10 mil for
Lv56 Strongman Glyph Set. I confirmed trade but didn't realize that there was no money.
This might be due to the fact that im a little loopy from the pain killers im on since I broke
my ankle. If someone can help me recover my items or money id greatly appreciate it. And
if not a permanent ban on Supergotenks account would be nice.

ScarecrowWolf
09-17-2011, 02:07 AM
I know it sucks, but the mistake is kind of your fault that's why the confirm window is there so you can see if what you're trading is right. But also shame on the person for scamming you.

Best of luck

Ebalere
09-17-2011, 02:10 AM
Yeah ,you had two chances to see u added no money, and I dunno if devs can do anything since u clicked ok and have no way of proving if u are in fact loopy. I've heard this name come up before in scam threads, maybe its worth looking into. This is an issue for support tho, for sure.

Lowlyspy
09-17-2011, 02:22 AM
Oh wow, he's an old friend, he rlly scammed you?? guess you can never rlly know a person, oh well, one more to the ignore list :\

Sorry bout ur misfortune.

Zaltiar
09-17-2011, 02:23 AM
Unfortunately, sts doesn't recover lost/scammed items from trade. Happens to everyone, just take it as a lesson learned and remember to always always check that the other persons trade box.

morfic
09-17-2011, 03:19 AM
just take it as a lesson learned.

Heh.. Not sure about this guy, but as for me...as many runs as I have done, not to have gotten a single glyph set drop.... If I FINALLY managed to get a FULL set...then was "loopy" and got scammed of it all away. I would quit instantly for good. Wayy too much time wasted. But in that same regard, loopy or not, I would have checked both of those confirm windows 10 times before I hit confirm.

Nick41324
09-17-2011, 03:25 AM
:/ dang... I really do fell sorry for you. I know exactly what it feels like to be scammed.

CrimsonTider
09-17-2011, 06:26 AM
A player named "Supergotenks"

I stopped reading here. Per STS rules, please refrain from calling out players on the forums. Emailing support works wonders.

morfic
09-17-2011, 07:22 AM
I stopped reading here. Per STS rules, please refrain from calling out players on the forums. Emailing support works wonders.

Heh. Well I for one looove reading these. Quicky add them to my donotdealwith list. Public should be warned of these scammers..They will not get banned, because it is ultimately Nickfresh's fault for not paying more attention. At least now I know that this certain individual will try to pull one over on me if I am caught slipping. (Also, even if STS would perma ban scammers like this, at that time of night, no support email would be getting resolved, and this warning could save many people from losing items until STS would take care of it. Anyway, I understand the reasoning for STS wanting names to be left out... But I for one would rather see their name branded on the main page for all to see.

*Evil Eye on you tenks*

SUPAPRODIGY
09-17-2011, 07:42 AM
Support@spacetimestudios is all i can say

Redbridge
09-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Ouch... But everyone has covered off everything I would have said... Be careful, hard lesson learnt, email support, slim to no much chance of ever seeing the gear again as you pressed the button.

Only other thing I can add is that if you def agreed a price with a player. Ask the player to pay the agreed price.... It would go a long way to restoring any neg vibes they might get from other if they came on here and announced it was a simple mistake and paid you the money, eh?..... If I see them, I'll point them towards this thread...

A deal is a deal, my conscience wouldnt have allowed me to walk away without paying not matter how lucky it was that someone didn't notice a possible mistake.

Good luck with that

Cahaun
09-17-2011, 08:06 AM
A player named "Supergotenks" just ripped me off. He said he was paying me 10 mil for
Lv56 Strongman Glyph Set. I confirmed trade but didn't realize that there was no money.
This might be due to the fact that im a little loopy from the pain killers im on since I broke
my ankle. If someone can help me recover my items or money id greatly appreciate it. And
if not a permanent ban on Supergotenks account would be nice.
What lvl was he? I just read a thread about a person doing it the same way but got caught. By the extent of this scam, he deserves to be branded with a permanent vanity saying "scammer" until he pays all the money back or the items. That was too unhonorable of him. I will help if I ever see one of the items you lost. (that will take a while x.x)

Edit: I know it sounds like harsh punishment. I kinda feel evil when I read this, but I just wish something can be done. :(

morfic
09-17-2011, 08:31 AM
What lvl was he? I just read a thread about a person doing it the same way but got caught. By the extent of this scam, he deserves to be branded with a permanent vanity saying "scammer" until he pays all the money back or the items. That was too unhonorable of him. I will help if I ever see one of the items you lost. (that will take a while x.x)

Edit: I know it sounds like harsh punishment. I kinda feel evil when I read this, but I just wish something can be done. :(

That is an awesome idea. Huge red letters covering face of all toons on account. "SCAMMER".

I approve.

Register
09-17-2011, 08:45 AM
Ive seen supergotenks and his alt superrgotenks....I dont kinow anything about him scamming, ive never seen him advertise sale or anything...

But you really gotta check that trade box. Even if im buying something for 3k, ill check the trade box 500 times before i press accept. Even when im buying, ill check the box several times. The last thing I want is to accidentally put 1 extra number or 1 less number.