PDA

View Full Version : Why shutting down event? Lol

Allows.
08-29-2016, 12:00 PM
You said event will last for 1 week.
Why shut it down tomorrow?
Market crashed already, and i think you knew that.
Instead of shutting down the event, let the event run until Thursday so the people who didn't get 10 arcanes etc BUT 100x ceralla's and bismarks can actually have a chance to at least loot 1 arcane.

resurrected
08-29-2016, 12:02 PM
Yeah... best egg i got is lemon and lime. School don't start tomorrow. Give us chance to run 2 more days and get atleast one dream arcane egg. I myself dont own even one

Zeus
08-29-2016, 12:06 PM
I feel like it's better to shut down tomorrow. Market is crashing too hard...If people want an entertaining game to play AFTER there's no longer an event like this, then developer's logic is sound.

Nickleo
08-29-2016, 12:15 PM
Stop complaining about market getting crashed.Dont u know that sts can fully control the prices of stuff just by taking some others measures (for example: reducing the drop rate of arcanes).And I dont think that 1-2 days would really make a big difference.

Allows.
08-29-2016, 12:15 PM
STS is shutting down this event because some people are looting crazy amounts of arcanes, one of purge's guild looted 15+ arcanes and tons of mythics while me and others didn't receive one arcane, even some are running 24/7.
It's not fair, all i wanted to say.

Allows.
08-29-2016, 12:17 PM
Stop complaining about market getting crashed.Dont u know that sts can fully control the prices of stuff just by taking some others measures (for example: reducing the drop rate of arcanes).And I dont think that 1-2 days would really make a big difference.

Where did i actually complain that the market crashes?
I complained about STS shutting this event down sooner than they said and they don't even announce it.

Hercules
08-29-2016, 12:21 PM
I have many mythics eggs but still no arcanes xd I hope to get one this night *-* if I don't get one, well. This was an amazing event <3

Anakeobal
08-29-2016, 12:22 PM
Is STS really shutting down event tomorrow? Because their is no confirmation thread in forums.

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

Hercules
08-29-2016, 12:23 PM
STS is shutting down this event because some people are looting crazy amounts of arcanes, one of purge's guild looted 15+ arcanes and tons of mythics while me and others didn't receive one arcane, even some are running 24/7.
It's not fair, all i wanted to say.

OMG 15 arcane eggs ufff

Hercules
08-29-2016, 12:25 PM
Is STS really shutting down event tomorrow? Because their is no confirmation thread in forums.

Yep, look this.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/statusicon/post_old.png (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?ccbloc=1745731)[29-08, 10:30] Justg (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?u=2):
Event has been a blast, we're going to shut it down tomorrow.

Hercules
08-29-2016, 12:27 PM

Yes, this is from chatbox

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/images/statusicon/post_old.png (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?ccbloc=1745731)[29-08, 10:30] Justg (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?u=2): Event has been a blast, we're going to shut it down tomorrow.

Nickleo
08-29-2016, 12:31 PM
Where did i actually complain that the market crashes?
I complained about STS shutting this event down sooner than they said and they don't even announce it.
I am not refering to u.

Vixenne
08-29-2016, 12:38 PM
Not that I'm complaining but everyone already knew this event will go on till Thursday and this is gonna be an insane disappointment for those who haven't looted a single Mythic nor Arcane Egg. Great event, yes this is. But remember, not every player in AL are in forums.

Eagleye
08-29-2016, 12:43 PM
I feel like it's better to shut down tomorrow. Market is crashing too hard...If people want an entertaining game to play AFTER there's no longer an event like this, then developer's logic is sound.

This +1. Anyone who doesn't c it this way is silly or blind .

Zeus
08-29-2016, 12:46 PM
This +1. Anyone who doesn't c it this way is silly or blind .

Exactly. I, myself, have not looted much from this event - not compared to others. However, I'm okay with that. The reason being is that I care about having a game to play that still has goals after this event is over. If developers let the event run until Thursday, there's going to be a lot more damage done to the economy. When I heard that the event was going for 1 week, I had already thought there was no way developers would let this happen. They'd see what is happening to the economy and end it early.

For example, we're already halfway into event and Grimm eggs are down to 100k or less. Keep in mind, this is a pet with the BEST passive in the game. Yet, it goes for chump change. If there isn't something wrong with that, then I do not know what to tell people.

Additionally, take a look at arcane eggs. Mishi, for example, is down to sub 2M. This pet was formerly 5M+. For good measure, we all know of the Hisha fiasco. I, of course, was not one to pay 9M for a pet as in my mind, it did not bring 9M in revenue from farming for me to justify the purchase. However, others did. Now, they are facing HUGE losses because of this event - losses that might make some of them quit the game.

However, don't despair if you're unlucky like me. There's always investment. The eggs are so cheap right now that anyone can invest in the most popular eggs and earn some gold in the long run. If you do not know what eggs to invest in, do not fret. I will be posting a video guide up today so people can participate. So, instead of complaining about this logically sound decision from developers, let us make the best of it!

The bottom line, if this event continues for too long, there won't be a game left to play after the event is done. There won't be goals to work for. Thus, it results in player activity falling off and as a community, I'm sure nobody wants this.

Hisha Example:
Pay attention to his guild name http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a485/htrap_2294/58B558CA-1196-44FB-812F-7A54BE40DCBF_zps9yhqrzyi.png

Hercules
08-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Exactly. I, myself, have not looted much from this event - not compared to others. However, I'm okay with that. The reason being is that I care about having a game to play that still has goals after this event is over. If developers let the event run until Thursday, there's going to be a lot more damage done to the economy. When I heard that the event was going for 1 week, I had already thought there was no way developers would let this happen. They'd see what is happening to the economy and end it early.

For example, we're already halfway into event and Grimm eggs are down to 100k or less. Keep in mind, this is a pet with the BEST passive in the game. Yet, it goes for chump change. If there isn't something wrong with that, then I do not know what to tell people.

Additionally, take a look at arcane eggs. Mishi, for example, is down to sub 2M. This pet was formerly 5M+. For good measure, we all know of the Hisha fiasco. I, of course, was not one to pay 9M for a pet as in my mind, it did not bring 9M in revenue from farming for me to justify the purchase. However, others did. Now, they are facing HUGE losses because of this event - losses that might make some of them quit the game.

However, don't despair if you're unlucky like me. There's always investment. The eggs are so cheap right now that anyone can invest in the most popular eggs and earn some gold in the long run. So, instead of complaining about this logically sound decision from developers, let us make the best of it!

The bottom line, if this event continues for too long, there won't be a game left to play after the event is done. There won't be goals to work for. Thus, it results in player activity falling off and as a community, I'm sure nobody wants this.

Yes the only way to win good money now is selling Furniture items xD

Otahaanak
08-29-2016, 12:52 PM
I agree. Nothing wrong with STS shutting it down early.

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty

Laukin
08-29-2016, 12:53 PM
good that event end tommorow

Zeus
08-29-2016, 12:53 PM
Yes the only way to win good money now is selling Furniture items xD

No, there's actually a lot more ways to earn money in the game. The trouble is, if you tell people all of them, then everybody does it and that way of making money is no longer profitable. There are still ways to earn money that will net you a solid 100-200K per day that do NOT include KM3 slavery. Unfortunately, I cannot say them. You will need to figure them out for yourself.

Eagleye
08-29-2016, 12:54 PM
Yea I agree..this event has already done plenty to bridge the gap between the upper and lower class . And unless sts plans on releasing a new line up of like 30 pets its gonna take the economy along time to recovery as it is. If it was up to me this event woulda ended today.

Zeus
08-29-2016, 12:57 PM
Yea I agree..this event has already done plenty to bridge the gap between the upper and lower class . And unless sts plans on releasing a new line up of like 30 pets its gonna take the economy along time to recovery as it is. If it was up to me this event woulda ended today.

Yep, people are lucky that developers gave people a 24 hour notice before they close down the event. In other games, if something is jeopardizing the economy, developers do not even give players a 5 minute notice.

Plqgue
08-29-2016, 12:59 PM
They're shutting it down to cater to the uber rich players that keep complaining about the economy

Zeus
08-29-2016, 01:02 PM
They're shutting it down to cater to the uber rich players that keep complaining about the economy

It's a valid complaint. The prices of eggs are cheap enough right now that people can purchase what they need to.

Eagleye
08-29-2016, 01:09 PM

It doesn't take an uber rich player to see that at this rate the event continuing any longer will only do more harm then good. Enjoy while you can, I doubt these threads of people being upset are going to shift the Dev's minds. There is a reason why they're ending it earlier then planned not sure how people can't see it...

aneshsinghblu
08-29-2016, 01:11 PM

However, don't despair if you're unlucky like me. There's always investment. The eggs are so cheap right now that anyone can invest in the most popular eggs and earn some gold in the long run. If you do not know what eggs to invest in, do not fret. I will be posting a video guide up today so people can participate. So, instead of complaining about this logically sound decision from developers, let us make the best of it!

Hisha Example:
Pay attention to his guild name http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a485/htrap_2294/58B558CA-1196-44FB-812F-7A54BE40DCBF_zps9yhqrzyi.png

all I,see is that he's wasted 50k makin that guild which he chose to do. . just like when he bought hisha at a premium

Suentous PO
08-29-2016, 01:11 PM
It's a valid complaint. The prices of eggs are cheap enough right now that people can purchase what they need to.

No, I can't lol, and hisha overpopulation looks to have killed km3 (30k mas at times).
Not saying they should have kept it going either but looks like if you didn't come up off this event it's going to be tougher after it.
Not into the whole speculative investing either.
Farming still needs help in al.

Justg
08-29-2016, 01:15 PM
You said event will last for 1 week.
Why shut it down tomorrow?
Market crashed already, and i think you knew that.
Instead of shutting down the event, you should keep your word and let the event run until Thursday so the people who didn't get 10 arcanes etc BUT 100x ceralla's and bismarks can actually have a chance to at least loot 1 arcane.

We never said we would run it for a week, we said we would look at the economy on Monday and make the call. Our call is to shut it down tomorrow.

Zeus
08-29-2016, 01:15 PM
No, I can't lol, and hisha overpopulation looks to have killed km3 (30k mas at times).
Not saying they should have kept it going either but looks like if you didn't come up off this event it's going to be tougher after it.
Not into the whole speculative investing either.
Farming still needs help in al.

Yes, you're absolutely correct. Yet, for some strange reason, people want the event to continue until Thursday. After the event ends, things are just going to be harder for people. First off, there's inflation going around for items and gear. If you've noticed, the prices of gear and everything has increased and it's a far bigger increase than what people are earning due to the event.

If you cannot afford Hisha today, then I would suggest you invest in the cheap but useful eggs (Korruption, Slobber, Blinky, Porkchop). When those go up, you will have enough to buy the Hisha that you need.

Again, I was not a lucky player in this event. I'm just seeing the logic in why they shut the event down.

Vixenne
08-29-2016, 01:22 PM
We never said we would run it for a week, we said we would look at the economy on Monday and make the call. Our call is to shut it down tomorrow.

Most people know AL's mini events last for a week. It's not their fault they assumed this event ends on Thursday.

Justg
08-29-2016, 01:23 PM
Most people know AL's mini events last for a week. It's not their fault they assumed this event ends on Thursday.

Not sure what your point is?

Vixenne
08-29-2016, 01:29 PM
Not sure what your point is?

People have expectations and some even set schedules to play events in the game coz we all have our own lives to deal with. Also this was sent by a friend. Just leaving this here.

Trancemaster
08-29-2016, 01:32 PM
People have expectations and some even set schedules to play events in the game coz we all have our own lives to deal with. Also this was sent by a friend. Just leaving this here.

I remember seeing something about a the event lasting a week. I don't see why shutting it down now will affect much because the egg economy is already ruined.

Justg
08-29-2016, 01:33 PM
Carapace said it was _planned_ for a week, but in this instance he was wrong (and will be appropriately punished).

We said we would look at the economy on Monday and make the call.

Trancemaster
08-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Carapace said it was _planned_ for a week, but in this instance he was wrong (and will be appropriately punished).

We said we would look at the economy on Monday and make the call.

"appropriately punished"? That sounds pretty harsh...

Justg
08-29-2016, 01:43 PM
We'll be gentle.

Sorry that the time frame has been mis-communicated. The event has been a blast, and very well received, but the egg economy is starting to strain. Shutting it down is the right thing to do for the game.