PDA

View Full Version : Mages in pvp

xxalivexx
09-02-2016, 02:03 AM
Any nerfs coming for mages anytime soon, honestly think they are too powerful in pvp, lightning is like a 100% crit, fireball and lightning can kill too easily.

Horme
09-02-2016, 03:19 AM
Lets mage enjoying their era.

xxalivexx
09-02-2016, 03:49 AM
Ya I'm starting to think either nerf them or buff us.

Perceval
09-02-2016, 04:44 AM
With all the happenings around balance we can only assume the developers intend the rogue class to be overpowered at the 61 cap.

Lethoiun
09-02-2016, 07:40 AM
Mage might be op at endgame but at thinks we are not, rogues kill us

Arlorz
09-02-2016, 07:42 AM
I agree.
My nerves are already dead.
I can't see why developers keep this going as it is right now.
It's a shame, but they obviously have no time for us.

Arlorz
09-02-2016, 07:44 AM
I'm playing mage and rogue.
I can confirm mage is too overpowered.
I would like to play on my rogue as well but it's not enjoyable right now,it's a disaster in clashes.

mrm
09-02-2016, 08:00 AM
yeay more mage nerf threads glad to see it has not stoped yet may i ask rember rogue of legends ? how did you feel when al the mages wanted rogues nerfed?

Sariita
09-02-2016, 10:50 AM
yeay more mage nerf threads glad to see it has not stoped yet may i ask rember rogue of legends ? how did you feel when al the mages wanted rogues nerfed?
Actually, most rogues supported the mage buff back then. Personally, I wouldn't like mages nerfed because then they will be WAY too squishy again, ruining the balance sts is looking for
Maybe giving rogues a bit of survivability to actually survive after nekro shield, but not that OP so that twink rogues get too op on not-that-low twink levels (31-43)

Achieving balance both on duels and clash-wise is actually harder than most people think, buffing rogues too much would result on them one shotting everyone again on casual clashes with random people.
Yes, I'm a rogue. And people have been exagerating the length of the "Rogue Legends" era. On the almost 4 years I've been playing (nov 2012) and since when PvP launched on s2, most of the time, warriors have been superior because of many bugs.
Yes, when rogues were OP they were dominating both timed runs and PvP, and still, they weren't that OP on clashes. A mistake and you could die. Just what glass cannons should be :)

In my opinion, I hope sts helps them lovely endgame rogues to have a place back on clashes! I'll just... stay away from there for now haha.

My two cents.

Gouiwaa9000
09-02-2016, 11:35 AM
A ) dont nerf mages .. buff rouges razor shield mastery to give the skill a use ( that also solves the probelm of mages stunning you )
B ) aimed deals more dmg than lighting , has stacking crit buff and stacking armor de-buff , it is way more deathly than lighting for pvp
C ) rouges beat mages in vs easly if they use speed set and avoid 2 of our movement impacting skills /hide behind rocks .
D ) with the recent item awakening system , trying to score armor on all your slots ( 3 or 4 ) pretty much solves the problem , my rog friend did that and totally destroyed me in vs ( usually we have very close results )

mrm
09-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Actually, most rogues supported the mage buff back then. Personally, I wouldn't like mages nerfed because then they will be WAY too squishy again, ruining the balance sts is looking for
Maybe giving rogues a bit of survivability to actually survive after nekro shield, but not that OP so that twink rogues get too op on not-that-low twink levels (31-43)

Achieving balance both on duels and clash-wise is actually harder than most people think, buffing rogues too much would result on them one shotting everyone again on casual clashes with random people.
Yes, I'm a rogue. And people have been exagerating the length of the "Rogue Legends" era. On the almost 4 years I've been playing (nov 2012) and since when PvP launched on s2, most of the time, warriors have been superior because of many bugs.
Yes, when rogues were OP they were dominating both timed runs and PvP, and still, they weren't that OP on clashes. A mistake and you could die. Just what glass cannons should be :)

In my opinion, I hope sts helps them lovely endgame rogues to have a place back on clashes! I'll just... stay away from there for now haha.

My two cents.
i do agree with you i would rather be stuck looking at rogue buff threads instead of nerf mages thread all day, didint the razor shield help a bit? what about makeing the rogues medic pack op with mastry for like 1 pack can give back 80-100% health back so the heals from them will help a party alot but give it a high mana usege like 35 mana u un charged 50 charged they can drop upto 3 right? in that way she will have access to lots of health again ?
just a segestion no a good one tho i think

Vvildfire
09-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Whatever you nerf in PvP, don't let it affect PvE please :p mages are already 1-hit often enough :')

Redjellydonut
09-02-2016, 03:00 PM
This must be a endgame thing because not for twinks...

Anyona
09-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Buff mages

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DAmage126
09-03-2016, 10:43 PM
I was browsing forums for like a week or 2 now and I was like wow I haven't seen seen a rogue complain about mages and asking for nerfs but look what we have here lmao

Errorrz
09-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Any nerfs coming for mages anytime soon, honestly think they are too powerful in pvp, lightning is like a 100% crit, fireball and lightning can kill too easily.
Keep crying . If u see we (mage) are so op why not make your own mage ? Don't jealous at us . Ohh ! DON'T cry anymore !

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

xxalivexx
09-04-2016, 12:19 AM
Keep crying . If u see we (mage) are so op why not make your own mage ? Don't jealous at us . Ohh ! DON'T cry anymore !

Just pointing out the obvious and i bet zeus would like to pvp on his rogue properly again.

Zeus
09-04-2016, 12:39 AM

The truth is 90% of sorcerers are horrible. People do not know how to play the class even though it is a very easy class to play. Then, they go complain on forums that they need a buff when the truth is that the class doesn't need a buff at all. Or, they will say things are balanced when that is not the case either.

xxalivexx
09-04-2016, 01:18 AM
The truth is 90% of sorcerers are horrible. People do not know how to play the class even though it is a very easy class to play. Then, they go complain on forums that they need a buff when the truth is that the class doesn't need a buff at all. Or, they will say things are balanced when that is not the case either.

Thank you zeus let the mages know.

PEMA
09-04-2016, 01:40 AM
In my opinion, rogues should get more survivability. If that can't be granted, weaken mage's shield in PvP but it shouldn't affect PvE because mages desperately need that shield especially in elite runs. :)

Psychoism
09-04-2016, 01:49 AM
Im a mage, But rogues can still kill me. So if you wanted to nerf mages please dont :(

will0
09-04-2016, 02:32 AM
I am a mage full gear played since season 2 and have 7k hp with shield in cd and no heal I get killed in 2-3 rouges combo.... I don't blame any class just bad team to start with!

Perceval
09-04-2016, 02:59 AM
As far as IGN goes, Zeus is human. Drop the excuses mages :D

will0
09-04-2016, 03:31 AM
i am saying the same to other class making excuses

Errorrz
09-04-2016, 03:45 AM

Thank you zeus let the mages know.
Im sure who need a buff for their class is not skillful player . They need to learn more about their class to win over any class . Why rogue always complaint to buff rog and nerf warr/mage on forum ? @alive , stop doing a thread about nerf mage . Just play PVE and dont play PVP . When you play PVE , then you will know who is better . See lb timeruns , you will see many rog dominate the lb .
@zeus , you not skillful player . People just know your ign from your Youtube vids kill many players . Dont only show the vids that you kill players on youtube . Why you not post the vids when you lose over shakerida ? Over 1k people view the video that you say you got phone call . What the reason that you give ! Now people know who is zeus , they think zeus is a player that only want be a pro player ingame but the real is not .

Cant talk more here , sorry , i got phone call . Talk again later .

mrm
09-04-2016, 04:11 AM
Im sure who need a buff for their class is not skillful player . They need to learn more about their class to win over any class . Why rogue always complaint to buff rog and nerf warr/mage on forum ? @alive , stop doing a thread about nerf mage . Just play PVE and dont play PVP . When you play PVE , then you will know who is better . See lb timeruns , you will see many rog dominate the lb .
@zeus , you not skillful player . People just know your ign from your Youtube vids kill many players . Dont only show the vids that you kill players on youtube . Why you not post the vids when you lose over shakerida ? Over 1k people view the video that you say you got phone call . What the reason that you give ! Now people know who is zeus , they think zeus is a player that only want be a pro player ingame but the real is not .

Cant talk more here , sorry , i got phone call . Talk again later .

give this man a drink he deserves it well said bud

Zeus
09-04-2016, 09:56 AM
Rekted :P

But you lost your own tourny boo xd

TBH, this errorz person seems like he nott know much about nott. Mages are OP in clashes but they are the combat triangle is fine, too much buff on the rogues side will tip the scale and overhaul everything the developers have worked for the past few months. I think the real way for this to go is find a place for rogues in clashes. If only we had class specific combo pets pewpew.

I lost one, but that was more of my own fault. Afterwards, was able to beat Amqk multiple times and the winner of tournament, you can ask him yourself has lost to me every time (equal gear). I was just being impatient because I chose to continue the rounds after winning 2 and trying to fit in another just before college class.

You can't win them all, however, like I said, you can win most. Also, like I said, every single developer hosted/sponsored end game tournament, I've won. Even Michael Phelps has lost to people in the past. However, that doesn't mean he's not the best Olympic swimmer.

The truth is, when you're at that level of competition. People just want to see you lose even once so they can rag on you and trash you. It doesn't mean they're proving their points. It just is helping them feel better about their own bitterness. :D

Suentous PO
09-04-2016, 10:57 AM
when discussing pvp make sure to use personal attacks, dis entire classes of players, & be sure to compare yourselves to olympians!
thats sure to help
also never use sarcasm, it causes acne.

Zeus
09-04-2016, 11:14 AM
when discussing pvp make sure to use personal attacks, dis entire classes of players, & be sure to compare yourselves to olympians!
thats sure to help
also never use sarcasm, it causes acne.

LOL, yes. I'm just saying facts. :D

Lethoiun
09-04-2016, 01:00 PM
At lower lvls rogues are op but I recently made a lvl 23 rogue to find out how op mages are, they can kill 2v4, with so much survivability and dmg

yubaraj
09-04-2016, 01:21 PM
At lower lvls rogues are op but I recently made a lvl 23 rogue to find out how op mages are, they can kill 2v4, with so much survivability and dmg

In my experience 1v1 situation.

Lvl 15 rogue> mage
Lvl 23 mage>rogue
Lvl 48 rogue>mage
Lvl 56 mage = rogue

Its just my personal opinion.

Suentous PO
09-04-2016, 01:21 PM
LOL, yes. I'm just saying facts. :D

Sometimes your helping work on balance & sometimes your biting trollbait and telling the majority of smurfs they suck, and comparing world class athletics to sitting on your butt tapping gorilla glass.

Zeus
09-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Sometimes your helping work on balance & sometimes your biting trollbait and telling the majority of smurfs they suck, and comparing world class athletics to sitting on your butt tapping gorilla glass.

It's not a comparison directly, I think you know that. I'm emphasizing that even when the best lose at something, that doesn't mean they're not the best. One or two losses mean nothing. And yes, there are a lot of sorcerers who aren't very good. I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm just stating facts.

Yes, my attitude may not come across as pleasant about it but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I said two weeks ago that those who are having trouble with their mage are playing their class incorrectly. People didn't believe me and said I didn't know how to play mage, so I made a mage and I'm beating pretty much every mage out there. Why? Well, it certainly can't be because long experienced players are playing sorcerer incorrectly. That could never happen! :rolleyes:

@Avik
No, a rogue will still lose to warrior. I said that specifically in the thread itself. There's just a CHANCE for rogue to beat warrior. Yes, they're heavily disadvantaged, but it's not impossible to beat some. The ones that know what they're doing though? Yes, it's impossible to beat those as a rogue.

Errorrz
09-04-2016, 01:44 PM
Im never see about mage ask to nerf rog . Mage never cry even they got 1-3 aimshot at pvp from season 2 until now . But now they can kill rog just like kill ants and rog start crying and make a thread about nerf mage . Dont be like a kid that always cry if they lose to someone . Just solve your problem by making your own mage .

@avikk , dont be like a hero .
@zeus , we have many players from any class that dont want to show us their skill . In this game , not only you is the best player , but there is a few people that more better than you .

Sorry cant talk more , got phone call .

Suentous PO
09-04-2016, 02:15 PM
It's not a comparison directly, I think you know that. I'm emphasizing that even when the best lose at something, that doesn't mean they're not the best. One or two losses mean nothing. And yes, there are a lot of sorcerers who aren't very good. I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm just stating facts.

Yes, my attitude may not come across as pleasant about it but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I said two weeks ago that those who are having trouble with their mage are playing their class incorrectly. People didn't believe me and said I didn't know how to play mage, so I made a mage and I'm beating pretty much every mage out there. Why? Well, it certainly can't be because long experienced players are playing sorcerer incorrectly. That could never happen! :rolleyes:

@Avik
No, a rogue will still lose to warrior. I said that specifically in the thread itself. There's just a CHANCE for rogue to beat warrior. Yes, they're heavily disadvantaged, but it's not impossible to beat some. The ones that know what they're doing though? Yes, it's impossible to beat those as a rogue.

Put it this way, when you or any experienced pvper talk numbers, I can learn.
When discussions devolve into hyperbolic chest thumping the trolls hear dinner bells.

Zeus
09-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Ahh okie but thats just warrior pvp for you.

When its dps versus it's a different story since there's less room for error :p

And suspentous is one funneh bloke xd

Yes, I love Sue, lol. He's quite humorous.

Im never see about mage ask to nerf rog . Mage never cry even they got 1-3 aimshot at pvp from season 2 until now . But now they can kill rog just like kill ants and rog start crying and make a thread about nerf mage . Dont be like a kid that always cry if they lose to someone . Just solve your problem by making your own mage .

@avikk , dont be like a hero .
@zeus , we have many players from any class that dont want to show us their skill . In this game , not only you is the best player , but there is a few people that more better than you .

Sorry cant talk more , got phone call .

Find me those players and we can prove it. Until then, my claims are true. Brb, phone call! :D

mrm
09-04-2016, 04:38 PM
Rogues lose to warrior in VS. That's just how it is. I can beat him on Mage easily, I just don't post videos of it because it's not a challenge.

I only post videos of challenging fights where my class should NOT win against the other class. Please, get some skill buddy, I have plenty. And yes, there was a phone call. It was clear in the video I had packs ready and was not close to dying. If you cannot see that, then I know why you cannot play your own class.

As far as rogue goes, I'm pretty sure I am the best rogue. I've won every developer hosted tournament at end game. And pretty much hold the record for most amount of tournaments won in AL. So, excuse me, but I know how to play the rogue class. :)

If you feel differently, find a rogue who can beat me. Thanks! Until then, all you're doing is just spewing illogical trash and hatred.

Now, as far as MAGE goes, find me a Mage that I will lose to. As of right now, there isn't one. And I'm what? Only 3 week old Mage? This goes to show that people do NOT know how to play the Mage class. I'm tired of the excuses, it's a perfectly fine class to play.

Here are the SS to prove it. I won't post a video, I made a promise:

i wander zeusy will u still be the best if you played at the = amount of ping othere players play with? or are u a bit afraid of that i can rember you saying
"move closer to the servers or go play candy crush" wander what that means😉(psst np i got your hidden msg in there wont tell people you want them to stop playeing if they cant reach your ping cause thats what makes you "the best" )

Zeus
09-04-2016, 04:49 PM
i wander zeusy will u still be the best if you played at the = amount of ping othere players play with? or are u a bit afraid of that i can rember you saying
"move closer to the servers or go play candy crush" wander what that means��(psst np i got your hidden msg in there wont tell people you want them to stop playeing if they cant reach your ping cause thats what makes you "the best" )

You don't see me complaining about the people who live on the east coast of the United States that get 10-50 ping.

mrm
09-04-2016, 04:52 PM
You don't see me complaining about the people who live on the east coast of the United States that get 10-50 ping.

you are one of those people getting 10-50 ping ....

Zeus
09-04-2016, 04:58 PM
you are one of those people getting 10-50 ping ....

I live on west coast. My ping is 100-200. During the summer, I was in east coast on business. That's the only time I had ping that low.

Lethoiun
09-04-2016, 06:02 PM
In my experience 1v1 situation.

Lvl 15 rogue> mage
Lvl 23 mage>rogue
Lvl 48 rogue>mage
Lvl 56 mage = rogue

Its just my personal opinion.

I think I agree with you!

eugene9707
09-04-2016, 06:29 PM
"move closer to the servers or go play candy crush" wander what that means��(psst np i got your hidden msg in there wont tell people you want them to stop playeing if they cant reach your ping cause thats what makes you "the best" )

Well.... Find me an online multi-player game where ping doesn't matter.
Unless you want to play turn based multi-player game

Perceval
09-05-2016, 04:10 AM
Let's all stay calm. It clearly seems that sts wants to give mages a taste of power to calm things down in the mage community. Rogue legends will be back soon (most likely via released gear with a huge jump in stats while other classes get a minimal increase). The developers can clearly see what is happening, even their data shows the truth. And when rogue legends returns, all complaints can be hushed with a simple sentence: "remember when rogues didn't have a chance against warriors and mages".

The current endgame PvP is most likely to stop people thinking that there is favouritism towards the rogue class.

It clearly isn't OK to keep class balance the way it is. The developers know this.

Lets just 'keep calm and carry on' guys :)

xxalivexx
09-05-2016, 04:13 AM
Can a dev close this thread it's just gonna keep going and going, the buffs and nerfs are up to you.

Perceval
09-05-2016, 04:25 AM
I kind of feel bad for the mage community because after rogue legends returns, any sort of buffing of the mage class will most likely receive 0 support from the rogue community (no matter how much its needed). Oh well, what goes around comes around eh? :D

Gouiwaa9000
09-05-2016, 04:31 AM
Just give rouges 2.5% dmg absorbtion instead of 1% on razor mastery and end with this. Also , idk about you but i still die from 2-3 combos of a rog trough my shield . And if im exposed shieldless in a clash most the times 40% dmg reduction is not enough to save me and i die before i manage to charge heal Xd ( if i didnt use it to heal teammates before )

Shaker Ida
09-05-2016, 05:08 AM
Rogues lose to warrior in VS. That's just how it is. I can beat him on Mage easily, I just don't post videos of it because it's not a challenge.

I only post videos of challenging fights where my class should NOT win against the other class. Please, get some skill buddy, I have plenty. And yes, there was a phone call. It was clear in the video I had packs ready and was not close to dying. If you cannot see that, then I know why you cannot play your own class.

As far as rogue goes, I'm pretty sure I am the best rogue. I've won every developer hosted tournament at end game. And pretty much hold the record for most amount of tournaments won in AL. So, excuse me, but I know how to play the rogue class. :)

If you feel differently, find a rogue who can beat me. Thanks! Until then, all you're doing is just spewing illogical trash and hatred.

Now, as far as MAGE goes, find me a Mage that I will lose to. As of right now, there isn't one. And I'm what? Only 3 week old Mage? This goes to show that people do NOT know how to play the Mage class. I'm tired of the excuses, it's a perfectly fine class to play.

Here are the SS to prove it. I won't post a video, I made a promise:
Nice screen shots

First of all mage > tanks ( but we have chance's winning ill prove that )

2nd i wasnt using maxed gears and the ridiculous thing u saw me trying builds and tactics in the duels it was more like " practicing " as we said and u still uploaded ?

O.o as i recall i told you that we will do make a duel and upload results on youtube .. i was just upgrading gears .. you couldnt wait that ? Uploaded duels with testing builds ? Practicing ..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

soon
09-05-2016, 05:55 AM
Just give rouges 2.5% dmg absorbtion instead of 1% on razor mastery and end with this. Also , idk about you but i still die from 2-3 combos of a rog trough my shield . And if im exposed shieldless in a clash most the times 40% dmg reduction is not enough to save me and i die before i manage to charge heal Xd ( if i didnt use it to heal teammates before )

The problem is the cure and shield cycle that mages and warrios have. Stay behind the warrior, the nekro shield only lasts 8 seconds, after that any mage gains a rogue.

Let me see your stats. You use arcane gun?

xxalivexx
09-05-2016, 08:06 AM
Thank you for realising that...

Would have been great if you realised that before making the thread...

Naw i made the thread for others opinions, obviously mages never needed a buff, they never knew how to play their own class so they came to forums to cry as said by zeus not the exact words, it's clear why all rogues are quitting their favorite class for a more powerful class because rogues survivability is so low that once that nekro shield goes off against a mage it's literally kill as fast as you can in the next 3 seconds or die.

xxalivexx
09-05-2016, 08:38 AM
Please, the last thread by a mage asking for a buff was a sardonic jibe at all the "buff weak rogue" threads, if you did nott realise that you've been feeding the trolls too.

In an hour or so of PvP I saw more rogues than mages, one hour is nott enough time and it seemed to be like rogues are faring fine in TDM... If they manage to corner a mage which is separated from his team the mage becomes food to the rogue(unless the mage has better gear or is moar skilled than the rogue)...

EDIT: I'm a peper mage and there has only been one buff mage thread in past IDK 1-2 months.
As zeus said you don't know how to play your class end of story.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Fredystern
09-05-2016, 09:17 AM
Already tired for nerf thread :/

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk

Zeus
09-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Already tired for nerf thread :/

IMO, don't nerf mages but make a place for rogues in PvP.

Fredystern
09-05-2016, 09:32 AM
IMO, don't nerf mages but make a place for rogues in PvP.
I hear it from alot of rogue in game, its look like mage in 56 better than rogue. Sts should find a best way to make rogue in a clash again in endgame. And im sure they are trying to solve the problem...

xxalivexx
09-05-2016, 09:33 AM
I hear it from alot of rogue in game, its look like mage in 56 better than rogue. Sts should find a best way to make rogue in a clash again in endgame. And im sure they are trying to solve the problem...

Highly doubt it or else this would be resolved and no complaints about rogues being worse than ever.

Shaker Ida
09-05-2016, 09:38 AM
We practiced an extraordinary amount of duels. Out of those duels, you know how many you won. Therefore, there's nothing you can do to win. I'm not saying this to be mean or cruel. It's nothing against you, just to prove balance: that warriors > rogues, rogues > mages, and mages > warriors in duel. You and me know you've tried many variations including sword to aegis swap. It's just not really possible, even if you bump up your gear. The only time warrior has a chance is if they fail mage shield, but I don't really let that happen. Perhaps, at day 1 when I was a 1 day old mage I let it happen. After that though, you and I both know a shield fail rarely happened.

You've been practicing for a month now, I've been more than patient. I told you I wouldn't upload on YouTube and I have kept that promise despite a month of blatant negativity. How patient do you want me to be when I keep getting BS comments? Especially, when you encourage these comments in your comment section.
You are just feeding your ego ... thats why you put ss which delivers the same message from video

And there been events this month and much of things and i even didnt reject practicing with you even with pve build -.- saying as an answer

And for the comments on youtube i really dont encourage anything and i dont even open youtube channel you saw my reply on some i told them to stop but i am workin man i have kids and responsibilities dont expect me to follow all of this youtube crap ... i

Even this thread a freind told me abt it

And i havent said that tank can beat a war ( but i will happily try my best to make that happens )

I already agreed with you in that point .. but what i see nubs can really affect you so much .. you should not fall for kids craps and comments

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

soon
09-05-2016, 09:41 AM

I think hard that they will change something, every time someone comes to improving a rogue then mages start talking they are already OP.

xxalivexx
09-05-2016, 09:49 AM
I think hard that they will change something, every time someone comes to improving a rogue then mages start talking they are already OP.

Lol let the truth be told.

Fredystern
09-05-2016, 10:01 AM
Rogue OP in damage output for singletarget
Mage OP in stunning, AoE, DoT
War OP in tanking, heal, survive
All class was OP for some cases

resurrected
09-05-2016, 10:17 AM
If avikk don't know how to play mage then i don't know to tank [emoji14]

xxalivexx
09-05-2016, 10:21 AM
If avikk don't know how to play mage then i don't know to tank [emoji14]

Tanks are easy at endgame just had to say it.

soon
09-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Rogue OP in damage output for singletarget
Mage OP in stunning, AoE, DoT
War OP in tanking, heal, survive
All class was OP for some cases

Yes I know that, but rogue no survive in team vs team. And PVP you can not do as much damage in eight seconds to bring down a mage or warrior. Play pvp, and see mages and warriors asking rogues out, because they are not useful as the pvp works.

I understand that each class has its quality, but currently the PVP is not a land for rogues.

resurrected
09-05-2016, 11:00 AM
Tanks are easy at endgame just had to say it.
Sure. Go tank elite underhul for someone and then I'll. I want to see how tanking is easy. Go go!

xxalivexx
09-05-2016, 11:05 AM
Clearly my post was for pvp, no were near pve related, where did "Tanks are easy to at endgame" ever have to do with pve in anyway, smh.

This a pvp related thread not pve smart guy.

resurrected
09-05-2016, 02:15 PM
Clearly my post was for pvp, no were near pve related, where did "Tanks are easy to at endgame" ever have to do with pve in anyway, smh.

This a pvp related thread not pve smart guy.
Even at pvp "smart guy" can survive long enough using mythic aegis and warfare set which have nature jewels and few forti fury in. Main pet is abbadon :D
Go tank PvP and see. It takes some skill to survive but if u use horn jugg nekro at same time then yeah good luck.

xxalivexx
09-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Even at pvp "smart guy" can survive long enough using mythic aegis and warfare set which have nature jewels and few forti fury in. Main pet is abbadon :D
Go tank PvP and see. It takes some skill to survive but if u use horn jugg nekro at same time then yeah good luck.

Tanks barely require skill, get drag sword, heal, then jugg after and try to proc. Easy as 123.

Fredystern
09-05-2016, 06:45 PM
Yes I know that, but rogue no survive in team vs team. And PVP you can not do as much damage in eight seconds to bring down a mage or warrior. Play pvp, and see mages and warriors asking rogues out, because they are not useful as the pvp works.

I understand that each class has its quality, but currently the PVP is not a land for rogues.
I play pvp too but in 48 brackets, in my brackets rogue was needed in clash at least 1rogue, we as a mage work as rogue shield, always infront of rogue when clash, if your team are clever enough and skill enough rogue wont die easily .-.

soon
09-05-2016, 11:08 PM
I play pvp too but in 48 brackets, in my brackets rogue was needed in clash at least 1rogue, we as a mage work as rogue shield, always infront of rogue when clash, if your team are clever enough and skill enough rogue wont die easily .-.

this because the other team does not mark the rogue his team, there is no way to defend after 8 seconds. Look at the image below, this distance zeus can not cause damage to warrios. But he was pulled and then after 8 seconds when the shield nekro fell he received both snare and damage that could not get out of the confrontation between warrios.

Look in the video what happens at 0:07, watch your health bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbzQf7oye0&feature=youtu.be

ps. The best nickname for rogue is eight seconds cannon.

resurrected
09-05-2016, 11:14 PM
Tanks barely require skill, get drag sword, heal, then jugg after and try to proc. Easy as 123.
It shows how much do you know about tank :)

will0
09-06-2016, 12:54 AM
That video looks familiar situation if i PVP in random team which sucks irregardless which class we are and we will all get "trash" ultimately . No Shield , stun or snare ... no help...

@ least rogues have a faster speed to run away unlike mages or those using "venom" sets ..

I do think the glintstone set that warrior have process too much that the axe throw happens to regularly especially if there is a warrior stack. That's why most warrior everyone stays at level 48 or still using this set in 56 for pvp because it is op.

Imagine pull by glintstone set warrior consecutively in a lava pool ... sts can go witness this kind of situation which is almost impossible to pvp fairly.

Zeus
09-06-2016, 12:58 AM
That video looks familiar situation if i PVP in random team which sucks irregardless class we all get "trash" ultimately . No Shield , stun or snare ... no help...

@ least rogues have a faster speed to run away unlike mages or using "venom" sets ..

I do think the glintstone set that warrior have is too much that the axe throw happens to regularly especially if there is a warrior stack. That's why most warrior everyone stays at level 48 or still using this set in 56 for pvp.

All classes have equal speed to run away. In fact, I would argue that sorcerer has best escape tactics.

Recipe
09-06-2016, 01:31 AM
Nerf Mage ! Nerf Rogue! Nerf Warrior! I swear every week we get a statement like this , can ppl just make up there mind . Mages can still get one shot by a rogue still and war can still outlast a mage , let mages get the part bcuz rogues use to dominate mages all the time so don't cry now . If you can't beat em join em .Bcuz after all you can create another character .

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Perceval
09-06-2016, 01:48 AM
I disagree, rogues SP is better suited for Venom suits than Nott's gale.

Rogues have the better escape tactics when it comes to TDM PvP :/
That justifies everything doesn't it. Especially since being a glass cannon means you have to run away from battles 24/7.

soon
09-06-2016, 01:48 AM

I agree, I made a post about this rogue skill. I wanted nerf this skill for it hits a single enemy by default.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?371920-Suggestion-Nerf-rogue-shadow-pierce

Wanted sts changed this skill to be able to be used in team vs. team. Currently it is only useful in 1 vs 1.

xxalivexx
09-06-2016, 01:51 AM

Run away tactic as in running away from your opponent, a rogue tries running away too close and gets pierced back to the opponent, mages use their wind skill and push themselves away to save themselves.

xxalivexx
09-06-2016, 01:53 AM
It shows how much do you know about tank :)

Yes i know much about tanks because i play pvp on my tank also. It requires the least skill out of the 3 classes.

Perceval
09-06-2016, 01:58 AM
I agree, I made a post about this rogue skill. I wanted nerf this skill for it hits a single enemy by default.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?371920-Suggestion-Nerf-rogue-shadow-pierce

Wanted sts changed this skill to be able to be used in team vs. team. Currently it is only useful in 1 vs 1.
Let's also give shadow piercer 50% more armor for some seconds like gale since it'll help us escape better. As the runaway 24/7 class we are.

donniezhibet
09-06-2016, 02:23 AM
dont nerf mages, but nerf arcane gun, its too powerfull, or create anti mages pets, like u create anti warior pets (korruption)

thank you..

Fredystern
09-06-2016, 02:26 AM
this because the other team does not mark the rogue his team, there is no way to defend after 8 seconds. Look at the image below, this distance zeus can not cause damage to warrios. But he was pulled and then after 8 seconds when the shield nekro fell he received both snare and damage that could not get out of the confrontation between warrios.

Look in the video what happens at 0:07, watch your health bar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shbzQf7oye0&feature=youtu.be

ps. The best nickname for rogue is eight seconds cannon.
Yahh if glint set idk what i should say :3

xxalivexx
09-06-2016, 02:55 AM
A good rogue in TDM can be SPing and running around the map in Blood beach nott even getting targeted once while picking out the weak targets in the map(warrior which is low on mana and trying to get away with his speed set on, or a mage who shielded too early and his PUG TDM team decided to nekro shield and thereby GeeGee his shield cycle). Rogues have become a class which is much like their name. Delving in the shadows and picking out the weak targets, while trying nott to get noticed.

I've only spent a couple of hours yesterday and some moar hours a few weeks ago before LifeGiver mastery was nerfed and that is what my experience has been in TDM.

I disagree with this too XD.

I think the skill is okay, when I was clashing at 12 in an era of no paras and no decked out twinks with arcanes, I still managed to find a slot in clashes with a couple of arcane pets in either side. Elondrian life shards provided rogues with enough HP to pierce through multiple targets and stay alive, twas a fun time. However the run ins were so slow and one fight lasted for a good 5-10 minutes before someone died. Twas boring too. I'm sure some rogues will disagree to nerfing SP too, it's really fun to pierce through multiple enemies to reach the soft target on the other side. Good positioning and timing is really rewarding ^.^, rogues can't presently do this because of how useless they are in clashes(they don't even find a spot in matches). What rogues need is some way to out DPS mages or enough heal to survive in a clash. This is a precarious situation since if it's nott thought of properly it will cause an imbalance in the combat triangle we currently have [emoji14]

then you say stuff like mages don't know how to PvP

:encouragement:
I really don't feel like reading this at 4 am goodnight.

soon
09-06-2016, 03:06 AM
I disagree with this too XD.

I think the skill is okay, when I was clashing at 12 in an era of no paras and no decked out twinks with arcanes, I still managed to find a slot in clashes with a couple of arcane pets in either side. Elondrian life shards provided rogues with enough HP to pierce through multiple targets and stay alive, twas a fun time. However the run ins were so slow and one fight lasted for a good 5-10 minutes before someone died. Twas boring too. I'm sure some rogues will disagree to nerfing SP too, it's really fun to pierce through multiple enemies to reach the soft target on the other side. Good positioning and timing is really rewarding ^.^, rogues can't presently do this because of how useless they are in clashes(they don't even find a spot in matches). What rogues need is some way to out DPS mages or enough heal to survive in a clash. This is a precarious situation since if it's nott thought of properly it will cause an imbalance in the combat triangle we currently have :P

Exist upgrade to hit 3, but by default it hits 2. I spoke was To change the default not the upgrade.

Perceval
09-06-2016, 03:47 AM
Tbh if the glintstone axe set didn't exist, mages would be clearly seen as rogues with a better heal and a crazy amount of damage reduction.

There are many simple solutions to stop class stacking, its just the question of why sts refuses to do anything about it.

Additionally, if we check damage counters, mages would be doing more overall damage than rogues because of their multiple AoE abilities and the fact that they survive for longer periods, and this is further supported by the huge damage reduction both the warrior and mage class hold.

Its a question of why warriors gear progression was slowed to stop them being rogues with a lot more hp but mages are allowed to be rogues with shields containing a huge amount of damage reduction.

Mage gear progression needs to be slowed. The arcane gun at level 56 is a prime example of why its necessary in terms of weapons. But mage armors, helms etc. should also slowly progress from now on because if you look at mage skill descriptions, you can tell the mage class is becoming more and more of a broken class as gear and level progresses. I'm sure sts has come to realise this.

Slowing mage gear progression from this point onwards is what I believe sts intends to do.

I hope sts have finally come to understand that PvP in their game doesn't revolve around duels. I don't know who finds duelling much more fun than team PvP in any mmorpg. I really don't.

Errorrz
09-06-2016, 05:13 AM
Fight ! Fight ! Fight !

@Zeus maybe u can win over other players because u already max gear . Shakerida is true , he not at the full gear but he still can win over your rog . Now you still can say you is the one of the best on arcane legends ? Haha . Dont assume zeus .

Perceval
09-06-2016, 07:19 AM
Could a developer close this thread? There'll be much more of these to come when guild battlegrounds goes live anyway.

Zynzyn
09-06-2016, 07:25 AM
I see a diminishing need for rogues in clashes (at twink levels) and an increasing need for Warriors and Mages. From other player's feedback I see it is a problem at endgame as well.

Lets assume that the setting for looking at balance is a clash among equals - equal in terms of near-maximized gear and skill.
So, just out of genuine curiosity, here is a question. Please answer as honestly as possible.

What can a Rogue (the apparently 'prime damage dealer') do in a team fight, that a Mage cannot in the current pvp environment?

A Rogue can deal high damage, so can a mage.
A Rogue deals single target damage, a mage deals multiple target damage.
A Rogue has no shield, no invulnerability, but a mage does.

Aimedshot deals damage but recently aimedshot was "fixed". Is the Aimedshot single-target damage now still so high that a Mage's consistent AOE damage and crits cannot keep up? Is it mind-blowing damage that we cannot do without? Are rogues really inevitable for a clash? The truth is we can do without Rogues but we cannot do without a Tank and Mage in pvp now.

Lets be honest. I think if I were the captain of a Team, I would choose 2 Tanks and 3 Mages or 2 Mages and 3 Tanks for my clash. Please correct me if I am wrong, why do I need a Rogue in my team? What can 2 Rogues do that a 2 Mages cannot do better?

Would giving Rogues a longer range make them inevitable for a clash and solve the current issue? Can it be a solution or will it topple balance? If so how? Is the limit of a team of 5 creating this issue - will making the team capacity number 6 instead of 5 solve it?

* In response, avoid comments like Mages cried before, Rogues cry now. Please post only if you have a middleground where nobody has to cry.

Safiras
09-06-2016, 07:57 AM
I see a diminishing need for rogues in clashes (at twink levels) and an increasing need for Warriors and Mages. From other player's feedback I see it is a problem at endgame as well.

Lets assume that the setting for looking at balance is a clash among equals - equal in terms of near-maximized gear and skill.
So, just out of genuine curiosity, here is a question. Please answer as honestly as possible.

What can a Rogue (the apparently 'prime damage dealer') do in a team fight, that a Mage cannot in the current pvp environment?

A Rogue can deal high damage, so can a mage.
A Rogue deals single target damage, a mage deals multiple target damage.
A Rogue has no shield, no invulnerability, but a mage does.

Aimedshot deals damage but recently aimedshot was "fixed". Is the Aimedshot single-target damage now still so high that a Mage's consistent AOE damage and crits cannot keep up? Is it mind-blowing damage that we cannot do without? Are rogues really inevitable for a clash? The truth is we can do without Rogues but we cannot do without a Tank and Mage in pvp now.

Lets be honest. I think if I were the captain of a Team, I would choose 2 Tanks and 3 Mages or 2 Mages and 3 Tanks for my clash. Please correct me if I am wrong, why do I need a Rogue in my team? What can 2 Rogues do that a 2 Mages cannot do better?

Would giving Rogues a longer range make them inevitable for a clash and solve the current issue? Can it be a solution or will it topple balance? If so how? Is the limit of a team of 5 creating this issue - will making the team capacity number 6 instead of 5 solve it?

* In response, avoid comments like Mages cried before, Rogues cry now. Please post only if you have a middleground where nobody has to cry.

A rogue has the best single-target damage capability of any class. That is still the case. However the mage and tank have far better damage reduction/absorption capability that allows them to tank through the damage that a rogue can deal. What's more, tanks and mages can benefit off each other because of their AoE heals and heal over time capability. A rogue does not offer this.

Giving rogues longer range on their skills can be a double-edged sword. On one hand, the rogue can stay out of range of a mage's slowing/stunning skills, and be able to avoid a potentially fatal axe throw of a tank. But it can also make the rogue more of a liability to the team in that when a rogue stands so far back, it makes it difficult for the team to heal the rogue when she needs it. A mage or tank would have to run back to the rogue to heal, and that would place the remaining team members at a temporary numerical disadvantage. It also in a way wastes the heal skill of one of the mages/tanks because obviously that one heal could be used to heal 3 or 4 people, not just one rogue. With a full mage/tank team, everyone can stay compact and close to each other because of a near-constant shield/damage reduction/heal skill rotation. The healing efficiency of a full mage/tank team anytime exceeds that of a team consisting of even one rogue.

Rogues deal too much damage at one time for our own good. It gives us the image of overpoweredness when, taken in the overall picture of damage absorption and ability to combine with other classes, we are not.

Zeus
09-06-2016, 09:49 AM
Fight ! Fight ! Fight !

@Zeus maybe u can win over other players because u already max gear . Shakerida is true , he not at the full gear but he still can win over your rog . Now you still can say you is the one of the best on arcane legends ? Haha . Dont assume zeus .

Shakerid borrowed max gear to win against my rogue. However, that doesn't really prove anything because warriors win against rogues and rogues win against sorcerers while sorcerers win against warriors. To think otherwise just shows you really do not know how to play this game. Well, no matter...I cannot help a bad player improve himself. That, unfortunately, is up to him or her.

Plqgue
09-06-2016, 10:37 AM

So the truth can't be that 90%of rogues are horrible and don't know how to play their own class so they come on forums crying to nerf another class because they can't play their own class the way it was intended to be played. Remember the armor reduction wasn't a nerf it was a fix you guys weren't supposed to be that tanky. Why not learn your class properly instead of crying others are killing you.
That being said simple fix would be to take the hot nerf away from packs and add more hp and mana per tick

Perceval
09-06-2016, 10:57 AM
So the truth can't be that 90%of rogues are horrible and don't know how to play their own class so they come on forums crying to nerf another class because they can't play their own class the way it was intended to be played. Remember the armor reduction wasn't a nerf it was a fix you guys weren't supposed to be that tanky. Why not learn your class properly instead of crying others are killing you.
That being said simple fix would be to take the hot nerf away from packs and add more hp and mana per tick
A developer stated that arcane shield is reducing damage taken 2x more than it should. I wonder when this'll be fixed :D

Zeus
09-06-2016, 11:01 AM

If you're saying I don't know how to play rogue, that is LOL.

I'm sorry, but I've proven pretty much every sorcerer wrong about their complaints for the class. It's a bit funny tbh, that I can play people's main class better than they can. ._.

Plqgue
09-06-2016, 11:20 AM

I'm sorry, but I've proven pretty much every sorcerer wrong about their complaints for the class. It's a bit funny tbh, that I can play people's main class better than they can. ._.

Well you're doing exactly what you say "horrible mages" do so yes you must be underskilled or you thought you were supposed to survive anything I mean it's funny because you even went as far as to change classes because you can't play your own .

Valkiryas
09-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Well you're doing exactly what you say "horrible mages" do so yes you must be underskilled or you thought you were supposed to survive anything I mean it's funny because you even went as far as to change classes because you can't play your own .

The problem isn't he can't play rogue, the problem it's that there's no space for rogue in Clash DOESN'T MATTER WHAT GOOD CAN HE/SHE CAN BE, a mage's light skill can does almost same damage than Aimed Shoot, then a mage's heal it's way better for all the team at clash and then the shield it's a superb skill.

All together make a mage a really nightmare class et ENDGAME, now if you wanna prove the wrong this you can make a rogue and gear her up, that would show you what a terrible class is a rogue at ENDGAME ( Clash Enviroment ).

My IGN it's Valkiryas as Rogue and Evernes as Mage if you wanna duel agaisn't me I am up for a duel ;)

Zeus
09-06-2016, 12:52 PM

Lol?

You want to duel my rogue? Bring me any rogue. This has to be a joke. Heck, I'll even duel or clash you on sorcerer. This has to be the most spiteful comment I've seen on the forums.

Sorry man, I present with facts. I don't make illogical comments just because people cannot play sorcerer.

Trenton
09-06-2016, 01:16 PM

You must sleep really great at night knowing you can play a mobile MMO better than others can

EDIT: Sorry, that was a bit sarcastic and douchey. Please teach me some tricks if possible. I'm not too great at mage, I'm trying to get better and I don't have unlimited time to do such a thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Zeus
09-06-2016, 01:41 PM
You must sleep really great at night knowing you can play a mobile MMO better than others can

EDIT: Sorry, that was a bit sarcastic and douchey. Please teach me some tricks if possible. I'm not too great at mage, I'm trying to get better and I don't have unlimited time to do such a thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lol! Nah, it's not about that...I just enjoy proving points, wether its about game or something else.

Anyona
09-06-2016, 01:54 PM
This thread has turned into a "zeus playing mage" discussion.
It needs closing as it's completely irrelevant and this is why we aren't getting updated by devs because of the amount of drama surrounding the topic.

Plqgue
09-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Lol?

You want to duel my rogue? Bring me any rogue. This has to be a joke. Heck, I'll even duel or clash you on sorcerer. This has to be the most spiteful comment I've seen on the forums.

Sorry man, I present with facts. I don't make illogical comments just because people cannot play sorcerer.

It's spiteful to say the same thing about you that you say about 90% of the mage class?
Maybe you should learn to play rogue the way it was meant to be and quit crying on forums.. I'm saying the exact same thing you are.

Sorry man I present with facts. I don't make illogical comments just because people can't play rogue.

xxalivexx
09-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Shakerid borrowed max gear to win against my rogue. However, that doesn't really prove anything because warriors win against rogues and rogues win against sorcerers while sorcerers win against warriors. To think otherwise just shows you really do not know how to play this game. Well, no matter...I cannot help a bad player improve himself. That, unfortunately, is up to him or her.

True, a max gear tank is hard to kill, and the guy borrowed gear, lots do that to kill me in a duel then call me weak lol, it's really sad how far people will go to attempt to make you look bad. Tbh I'd come to you for info because im only a season 6 player.

xxalivexx
09-06-2016, 02:15 PM

You're irrelevant, mad because zeus plays a class better than you, your main class at that, zeus switched because he noticed the survivability in a rogue is very low, once our nekro shield goes off anything can happen to us for those 20 seconds our shield goes off, just remember we don't have a 2 second vulnerability, we can't gain the mana we lose back, once our mana is out what's the move, die next, mana regen pets wont help anything when you are at 0% mana just waiting to die, learn your class before talking down on players who have a rogue as their main.

Errorrz
09-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Omg , they are fighting ! Call the police (dev) now !

xxalivexx
09-06-2016, 02:20 PM
It's spiteful to say the same thing about you that you say about 90% of the mage class?
Maybe you should learn to play rogue the way it was meant to be and quit crying on forums.. I'm saying the exact same thing you are.

Sorry man I present with facts. I don't make illogical comments just because people can't play rogue.

People can't play rogue, naw fam let me switch that up. People can't play their mages, crying saying they needed a buff before and they never needed a buff, mages are supposed to have low armor, they are a support character not a tank or a rog, a mage isn't gonna be able to 1 shot a rog like a rog can 1 shot a shieldless mage, Rogues are supposed to be glass cannons, we should be able to take your shield off in seconds, but mages have the advantage over a rogue and zeus isn't the only one that switched from a rogue to a mage, rogues have no defense mechanism, i see it myself but i play my rogue because it is my main and other classes bore me too fast as i don't have then geared like my rogue, I'll show you what a rogue can do just ask me for a duel anytime in the game and feel free to add me, my ign is my sig.

Plqgue
09-06-2016, 02:20 PM
You're irrelevant, mad because zeus plays a class better than you, your main class at that, zeus switched because he noticed the survivability in a rogue is very low, once our nekro shield goes off anything can happen to us for those 20 seconds our shield goes off, just remember we don't have a 2 second vulnerability, we can't gain the mana we lose back, once our mana is out what's the move, die next, mana regen pets wont help anything when you are at 0% mana just waiting to die, learn your class before talking down on players who have a rogue as their main.

He switched because he can't play his class properly after the armor fix.... and Zeus has been talking down on mages this entire thread and multiple others so please keep your comments to yourself I'm saying the same exact thing he is because we all know it's true you guys had way too much armor and as soon as that was taken none of you tried to adapt to it y'all started making threads on forums and bashing mages any chance you got just because you can't two combo them anymore. Learn to play your class or wait for sts to release the update for rogue buff like they said they would. What good does crying like this daily do?

Zeus
09-06-2016, 02:21 PM

When people don't have any proof left, best response is: "I'm rubber, you're glue". :rolleyes:

Take care, mate. Let me know if you need tips for rogue or sorcerer. :D

xxalivexx
09-06-2016, 02:23 PM
He switched because he can't play his class properly after the armor fix.... and Zeus has been talking down on mages this entire thread and multiple others so please keep your comments to yourself I'm saying the same exact thing he is because we all know it's true you guys had way too much armor and as soon as that was taken none of you tried to adapt to it y'all started making threads on forums and bashing mages any chance you got just because you can't two combo them anymore. Learn to play your class or wait for sts to release the update for rogue buff like they said they would. What good does crying like this daily do?

No actually rogues need their armor back, you really on forums crying about 200 armor that we had, and it was so hard to kill us before, go outside and play kiddo, go watch some power rangers, suck on yo binkey if you need to.

Plqgue
09-06-2016, 02:27 PM
No actually rogues need their armor back, you really on forums crying about 200 armor that we had, and it was so hard to kill us before, go outside and play kiddo, go watch some power rangers, suck on yo binkey if you need to.

Rogues were extremely hard to kill before and they took any class out with little to no effort, now they're glass and they can't handle it please refrain from being rude and try to tell the truth once in a while yes sorcerers are a good class but with rogues armor back it will go right back to unkillable rogues

xxalivexx
09-06-2016, 02:33 PM
Rogues were extremely hard to kill before and they took any class out with little to no effort, now they're glass and they can't handle it please refrain from being rude and try to tell the truth once in a while yes sorcerers are a good class but with rogues armor back it will go right back to unkillable rogues

And you are crying like i said over 200 armor, i know many mages that can kill rogues with 200 more armor, that would only put mr at 2530 armor :)

Cinco
09-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Closing thread! YAY!! :-)