PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for not changeing PVP. Devs please check this out

Pvp King
06-24-2010, 05:38 PM
latley i have been hearing about half of the pures that play this game complain about hybrids. The reasons why people think hybrids are over powered is because they own them like nothing. Now take a minute and think this through if they were smart enough to find a build that fit there stratagey just perfect they must know what your doing. On my int bear I don't just walk useing ever skill and soon as it is possible i wait till the right order of skills is charged and avalible i use them and can normally win the battle. I (once) was a unexperenced pvp player i would just walk in put buffs on and blast every skill i could as fast as i could and i would get owned badly by pures and hybrids. Once i found out over my fustraiting losses I suffered i caught on that they did everything in a pathific order to get the job done. Once i figured that out i was owning a lot more people and if you don't beleve me check out my old account runedarkblade who went all the way to the third round in the pvp tournament.

Yes some builds are stronger then others but just due to how the stats fall with how the attributes points are distributed and what the armour statistics are. I personally think anyhting that uses strength right now is strongest due to the (Armour) and before the up date anything that specialized in dextairty was unstopable due to the (Armour) once again. So yes at some points diffrent build have an advantage not because of the build, but because of the armour.

And if you have ever played any other games like this one you would see what real ownage is. For example lets look at runescape my guy is a level 101 and I'm every stat in the game is close to max.(Attack strength and defense= Strength in pocket legends) (Ranged= Dextairty) (Magic= Intelegence) Now there is way more things to customize because i could use magic attack but have the highest defense as a tank. So what were facing in pocket legends with a tad unfair here and there is nothing paired to what other online games are were they can kill you with one, or two hits if you mess with the wrong person.

So what my point is that we should leave pvp the way it is because its not the build its the armour and stratagey being used. And if your going to play games with pvp you just got to learn that you can't always win every match. So don't get discouraged and just keep look for your build and stratagey. I wish the very best of luck to all of you in finding your own personal build and stratagey. If you got any questions pm me on here I'm always on or add me in the game runedarkblade / Rastlen. Also i think if you change it manny people will complain and quit playing due to how manny times they have had to re roll there stats to get what they want. For me I had to re roll my stats 3 times to get i right and that cost me 15 platnum. So I think it would be best if pvp stays just the way it is and if you devs wish to try to level try to do it through the armour benefits so people have nothing o complain about thanks. And a health and a manna potion you get after every kill would be nice so you are left with 20% health and 30% manna and no specials avalible and the other person as everything full and charged.

Thanks,
PvP King

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/photobuckett2010/Untitled.png

Royce
06-24-2010, 05:56 PM
I think you're missing the point of other threads on PvP balance. Hybrids are great, and we should have them. The problem is that gear imbalance and bad attribute choices to power certain skills have created a couple of super hybrids that just rule out the usefulness of some pure class entirely. For instance there is currently no reason at all to play a regular Int mage. Because of the imbalance where Str gear provides better mage stats (mana regen, Int boost, etc.), and because the strength fo their skills is based on Str, and in PvP where Crits win also by Dex, a paladin is currently better in every single way except that they have a slightly smaller mana pool which is more than compensated for by their increased mana regen.

v5point0
06-24-2010, 05:59 PM
It is a pretty level playing field, you just have to know how to take advantage of it, like you said its how you use your head in PvP. You can't button mash and expect to win. I like the idea of getting a potion and mana for the victor in round 2, I would prefer complete regen of mana and hp though.

Pvp King
06-24-2010, 07:07 PM
bump to the top

bmc85uk
06-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Yes some builds are stronger then others but just due to how the stats fall with how the attributes points are distributed and what the armour statistics are. I personally think anyhting that uses strength right now is strongest due to the (Armour) and before the up date anything that specialized in dextairty was unstopable due to the (Armour) once again. So yes at some points diffrent build have an advantage not because of the build, but because of the armour.

So basically you don't mind the idea of an ever shifting balance where people follow the latest trend to achieve the strongest build (or in the case of pocket legends, the strongest 'class')

And if you have ever played any other games like this one you would see what real ownage is. For example lets look at runescape my guy is a level 101 and I'm every stat in the game is close to max.(Attack strength and defense= Strength in pocket legends) (Ranged= Dextairty) (Magic= Intelegence) Now there is way more things to customize because i could use magic attack but have the highest defense as a tank. So what were facing in pocket legends with a tad unfair here and there is nothing paired to what other online games are were they can kill you with one, or two hits if you mess with the wrong person.

Most of the people that play PL alot and actively take part in the balance discussions on this forum will have played another MMO and taken part in pvp, I can't comment on runescape, but I've played anarchy online, WoW, Everquest I and II, and PL, being a typical MMO, has most of the core features, a Tank, a crit/evade/DPS class - Archer, and a Heal/Nuke class - Enchantress. However it ignores some fundamental rules which cause a lot of imbalance - hybrids pay no penalty for merging two playing styles. In every other game I can think of, a cross-class will always suffer in some way, in traditional AD&D, a warrior-cleric (or paladin) won't heal as well as a cleric, and wont tank as well as a warrior. A rogue(archer)-warrior, wont be the best DPS, and won't have the same defense/HP as a pure warrior, dex bears and str mages ignore these rules, they have the best of both worlds, and the worst of neither.

So what my point is that we should leave pvp the way it is because its not the build its the armour and stratagey being used. And if your going to play games with pvp you just got to learn that you can't always win every match. So don't get discouraged and just keep look for your build and stratagey.

You're assuming that everyone who complains about pvp imbalance (pretty much all the experienced players) is ignorant and looking in the wrong places.

bmc85uk
06-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Also i think if you change it manny people will complain and quit playing due to how manny times they have had to re roll there stats to get what they want.

If the game is rebalanced the right way nobody will need to reroll

For me I had to re roll my stats 3 times to get i right and that cost me 15 platnum.

Buy 5 Rerolls at a time, it costs 10P

So I think it would be best if pvp stays just the way it is and if you devs wish to try to level try to do it through the armour benefits so people have nothing o complain about thanks.

This doesn't address all of the issues, read the posts carefully they explain everything on the stat side that falls short (these changes would not make pure characters stronger than hybrids)

Azrael
06-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Runescape is just plain bad. No reason to mention it.

PvP is flawed on many levels. Hybrids are just one of the many problems right now. PvP can be rebalanced and fixed and retain hybrids, or replace them with new classes. Either way though, hybrids right now serve to create unbalance. For instance, ursans will always be able to use leather and bows better than avians due to skills. Hybrids are making it impossible to release gear that is balanced for classes and with every expansion the balance is completely changed, which forces multiple respecs. I can't understand why people complain about having to respec once for a major pvp change instead of having to respec every time new gear comes out.

Seriously though, pvp is just plain broken in pocket legends. Most classes don't even take damage when being attacked with a weapon unless their attacker has a rage or focus or BoM up. Crit and dodge rates are ridiculously high... i could go on for pages with the problems.

I can only conclude that people who think pvp should stay the way it is now, dont have enough experience in pvp.

Pvp King
06-25-2010, 09:44 AM
I can only conclude that people who think pvp should stay the way it is now, dont have enough experience in pvp.[/QUOTE]

If you beleve im in experenced then i would like to fight you right now i have only lost to one person withch is residentvl but i rematched him and redeemed myself.

tjornan
06-25-2010, 10:27 AM
bump to the top

Bumps are bad. i got a rule infraction for doing on....

If you beleve im in experenced then i would like to fight you right now i have only lost to one person withch is residentvl but i rematched him and redeemed myself.
R u a pally? U spelled inexperienced wrong ;) anyway, if u think ur the king, then i recommend fighting thelonearcher or mrs banana. we all dont really know u.... u need to back up your smack talk

Royce
06-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Lol. How quickly you forget ;) I beat you several times, but I'll admit you beat me the one time that counted.

tjornan
06-25-2010, 10:56 AM

Yes really. no offense, but u r considered a noob to these forums (dont jump on me flaim i said no offense) it doesnt really matter what lvl u are. If you want to show that u are the king, then post some screenies.

Royce
06-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Yes really. no offense, but u r considered a noob to these forums (dont jump on me flaim i said no offense) it doesnt really matter what lvl u are. If you want to show that u are the king, then post some screenies.

Screenshots are meaningless out of context. I've lost to a player 10-2, and then won the next three matches against them. A shot of the 10-2 win would not be an accurate representation of that players abilities. The only way to know if someone is any good at this point (since we have no meaningful stats to look at) is to play with them ;)

bmc85uk
06-25-2010, 11:25 AM
Playing as a pure ench I can still rack up enough kills to make myself look good enough, but the pvp system doesn't allow for a great deal of consistency.

And yeah, if we're talking about MMO PvP, I haven't played runescape myself, but the only people I know who play it are kids I used to babysit who couldn't convince their parents to pay for a WoW subscription. I'd rate PL above that mickey mouse rubbish any day.

Pvp King
06-25-2010, 11:29 AM
Playing as a pure ench I can still rack up enough kills to make myself look good enough, but the pvp system doesn't allow for a great deal of consistency.

And yeah, if we're talking about MMO PvP, I haven't played runescape myself, but the only people I know who play it are kids I used to babysit who couldn't convince their parents to pay for a WoW subscription. I'd rate PL above that mickey mouse rubbish any day.

i played runescape when i was 12 I'm 14 now