PDA

View Full Version : Free roam for pocket legends

Thasaint
09-18-2011, 03:39 PM
So i have played many mmo's and most of them had both dungeons and a free roam, (WoW, Diablo, O&C, ect).
So i was thinking how cool would it be if the devs implemented a free roam into pocket legends along with the dungeons. I know it would take a while to do something like this, but imagine how cool it would be!
Any thoughts?

Cahaun
09-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Hmm roaming around. Reminds me of the mini dungeon/path you take if you walk to the graveyard from balefort castle. Thats what I want to see more of.
(if you never knew it existed because we use the map alot, try taking a jog from Alien Oasis to Forest Haven.)

Bakoffmycandy
09-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Personally wouldn't like it & would stop playing all together. I retired from all MMOs years ago until I found PL. 1rst thing that really drew me in was the open map, being able to go anywhere with a click. Who wants to wait 10mins for a griffin ride or run a whole zone just to finish a quest. That takes away from Gameplay & what game needs less Gameplay?

Cascade
09-18-2011, 04:29 PM
I dont think the STS engine can handle it.

WoundedEagle
09-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Free Roam?

Silentarrow
09-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Free Roam?

Like in WoW you have to wait for a boat to get to other lands. Also used in O&C.

Lowlyspy
09-18-2011, 05:39 PM
Free Roam?
Something like sandbox mode (think GTA IV's huge map)

it would be really cool but like cas said not too sure the sts's engine could run that.

SUPAPRODIGY
09-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Free Roam?
Something like sandbox mode (think GTA IV's huge map)

it would be really cool but like cas said not too sure the sts's engine could run that.

That would be epic a room with no max amount of players in it cause its so big or maybe the max would be like 300 reasonable right.

Conradin
09-18-2011, 05:57 PM
the engine can handle it i belive, but not all devices can. Also 3G wouldn't work nearly as well.

bronislav84
09-18-2011, 05:58 PM
He's talking about allowing everything to be one zone, with whole instances being one whole zone. Mobs respawn, kill farmers have more places to game the system.

Naturally, with a leaderboard, I'm not for this. If the leaderboard was done away with, maybe.