PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE READ, auto liquidate!

Dexmann
09-18-2011, 05:46 PM
cmon!, we all know this would be very very useful and awesome! so much poop in your inventory! every lvl I need to liquidate trash items so i can join a game (that gets filled because i dont make it in time :chargrined:).

there should be the option of liquidating:
-trash
-common and below
-uncommon and below
-rare and below
-epic and below

i dont think auto liq should appluy to crafting materials though because of the large variety needed to craft items, you may need the trash materials.

Aswell, it should read "you have liquidated _______" instead of "u have received _____" and the option to go in your inventory and recover it (just in case its something special)

thx, please feel free to diss, add or compliment this idea

DanielRH
09-18-2011, 05:49 PM
i think this has been suggested before but not sure... Anyways, GREAT IDEA!!! A+

Devs, this would be VERY useful to MANY players! :)

JaytB
09-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Yeah, that definitely has been suggested before. That being said, I'm all for it! Hope the devs will take notice. Soooo annoying having to liquidate 100's of items in the middle of your grinding sessions. My fingers usually hurt more from liquidating items then from actual farming LOL :D

Silentarrow
09-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Great idea!

ThisGuy0502
09-18-2011, 07:14 PM
love the idea

Lowlyspy
09-18-2011, 07:20 PM
+1, VERY useful idea!

Cahaun
09-18-2011, 07:58 PM
Wow good idea!

Kossi
09-18-2011, 08:00 PM
good idea, its in dungeon hunter 2 and i loved the feature...

Register
09-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Yup, suggested before: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34527-Suggestion-Un-liquidatables-amp-Auto-Liquidate

AL would help lots with runs.

The Flash
09-19-2011, 05:20 PM
I think it would mess with there sells of inventory slots. Im guessing most people who have this problem dont have max inventory slots. Maybe start liq after you hit 500 iteams starting from the trash and upwords.

Moogerfooger
09-19-2011, 05:29 PM
This has been suggested at least several times, dating back to middle of last year in PL. It is either hopeless, or maybe they will finally hear the pleas and implement it.

Kakatoa91
09-20-2011, 01:32 AM
An old classic demand. :p

Plat extension bags must be a favorite and high seller. :)

Bakoffmycandy
09-20-2011, 01:42 AM
My fingers hurt after spam selling 430 trash items. Really surprised something like this wasnt implemented a long time ago.

Akaee
09-20-2011, 03:06 AM
I like the idea but only for items, i would hate to loose crafting goodies.

Fairy
09-20-2011, 03:47 AM
it has been discussed before... but I still agree :)

Corpser
09-20-2011, 06:42 AM
am i the only one who hates this idea? why wou;ld people need inventory slots if they have that have auto liquidate. devs lose money, we lose content. in the end we dont really win. just stay ontop of it or buy more slots!

MimeRifle
09-20-2011, 06:45 AM
Love it.

Navygreen
09-20-2011, 08:01 AM
I really would like this feature, too!

krazii
09-20-2011, 05:32 PM
+1, STS, whaddya say?

Breadkeeper
09-20-2011, 06:04 PM
I think it would mess with there sells of inventory slots. Im guessing most people who have this problem dont have max inventory slots. Maybe start liq after you hit 500 iteams starting from the trash and upwords.

Maybe but i can hold over 300 items, and i know its even worse to liquidate because there are so much. At least when you have 60 slots you only have to do it in little bits at a time.

I think this would be useful for people with max slots as well, and i think its a great idea!

++1

Dexmann
09-20-2011, 06:28 PM
k thx guys, yea i know it was probably mentioned alot before. just thought, hey maybe the more we bring it up the more attention the devs will give the idea...? who knows.

Gluttony
09-20-2011, 06:45 PM
am i the only one who hates this idea? why wou;ld people need inventory slots if they have that have auto liquidate. devs lose money, we lose content. in the end we dont really win. just stay ontop of it or buy more slots!

I won't go as far as to say I hate the idea but this probably won't be implemented simply because the aim of the game is to spend more plat; spending plat leads to buying plat. This is more about inventory management than anything and there one thing you should keep in mind: you won't be kicked from a game because your inventory is full. Even if you start a run with 49/50 items in your inventory, you can run from chapter 1 to chapter 5 without any issues. When the complete run is over go back to town and liquidate, it only takes a minute. Players who are fed up with the constant liquidation scheme will eventually invest in more inventory/stash slots (STS added big bars to add more slots to these to encourage purchases).

So to recap, this idea should cease to be suggested. STS hears you, but understands that it's not a necessity nor productive. Overall it will most likely have negative ramifications causing some to inadvertently liquidate something they wanted to keep and this thread will be replaced by numerous help needed threads due to auto-liquidation fail. Perhaps a happy medium is to only add this feature if one purchases up to cap inventory slots, as well as removal of the purchase more slots tab that below the inventory boxes.

JaytB
09-20-2011, 06:53 PM
If it's all about plat, why don't let us buy the auto-liquidate option, or give it for free once you have 500slots?

Edit: didn't see Gluttony already suggested something similar O.o

Hankomachos
09-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Hope it gets implemented. Great idea! +48 ;)

StompArtist
09-20-2011, 07:06 PM
It's a great idea. Also a compromise could be to be able to select a bunch of items and only hit liquidate once instead of individually.

MimeRifle
09-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I can identify with each side of this argument. Pesky. The catalyst may be the first lawsuit due to repetitive motion injury... Having said that, I gotta liquidate some stuff so I can go on a run (stretches fingers) sell...yes... Sell....yes sell..yes... Sell... Yes... Sell...yes... ... ... ... ;-)

Dexmann
09-22-2011, 09:28 AM
yea thx guys, i knew it was probably mentioned previously just wanted to make sure it was up and running around so devs would hear about it

Register
09-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Instead of having it free for everybody, why not BUY the option? That would solve the issue with plat. It would cost a little more than it would cost for maxing inventory slots. So you could chose to buy 500 (?) inventory slots or pay a little more for auto liquidate.

drewcapu
09-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Even if you start a run with 49/50 items in your inventory, you can run from chapter 1 to chapter 5 without any issues.

The one exception, in PL anyways, is Lion's Den.

It won't let you warp if you're over your inventory limit.

Charmstrange
09-24-2011, 04:01 AM
How about this: after you have liquidated the same item ten times it goes on your auto-liquidate list; you don't have to click anything to liquidate that item anymore. Then you could always inspect your list and remove items if you stopped wanting to liquidate that automatically. Cool ideas are one thing, implementation is another- I have no idea about feasibility, or how much data storage that would add per character.