PDA

View Full Version : WAR --> PAL + Thief... other ideas...

Dakkine
04-14-2010, 11:18 AM
This might be a little more off in the future but, sounds like fun for players and a money maker for spacetime...

How about making the warrior a little more like a paladin, with some decent self heal skill and maybe a strong shielding (+defense) skill, this would be nice since the war is kinda lame past lvl 13.

Also, everyone loves a thief/assassin class. duel wield daggers, higher % for loot, steal gold, invisibility...

After these new classes the next major update would require maybe 2 new attributes. This would take a little thinking, but the 3 right now could easily be spread out a little more. This would give every character a little more variation and allow for more customized builds.

maybe...

STR
Strength still increases hp
hp regen
damage is more for 1H weps
also slightly for all base damage

DEX
hit %
affects crit
more damage for ranged, 2H weps, duel wield...

AGI (agility)
overall movement speed
attack speed
dodge
slightly improves crit

INT
same old basicaly
magic damage
mana pool size
mp regen

FOC (focus)
slightly improves both hp and mp regen
faster skill cast rate (maybe even skill duration)
very small + hit% and + crit%

....this would exponentially improve the diversity of the game. Just a thought...

Chronical
04-14-2010, 12:10 PM
Love it :)

Flamin
04-14-2010, 05:39 PM
Exellent detail on your idea.

Banned
04-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Wow I'm definately diggin your ideas. Dual wielding is something that would definately fit Sais. And Archers are basically two classes in one (Archer and Assassin) so an update with the skills you suggested would probably be all that would be needed to have a proper assassin class. Keep the ideas comin!

Buvet
04-14-2010, 07:13 PM
I like this, the only thing I would change is the effect on movement speed. Right now there really isn't any benefit to having a higher movement speed other than fleeing from enemies, who move slower than you anyways. It might be cool as a skill for the thief class you mentioned though.

Dakkine
04-14-2010, 07:24 PM
I like this, the only thing I would change is the effect on movement speed. Right now there really isn't any benefit to having a higher movement speed other than fleeing from enemies, who move slower than you anyways. It might be cool as a skill for the thief class you mentioned though.

very true, i didn't even think that through.

attack speed would still be a nice attribute with realistic qualities, as well as dodge which fits much better under AGI rather than DEX

Although, they could implement a weight system because its quite obvious that a warrior will move much slower than a mage or archer. Maybe once their is a storage system of some sort. Then you could have the usual scenario where each item has a weight etc...

Dakkine
04-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Oh, and I'm definitely feeling a fox for the thief... and if the paladin was made a new class instead of changing the warrior, definitely a turtle

Meggadon
10-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Derp

GreenLord
10-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Did you just necro...

Meggadon
10-03-2014, 06:28 PM
What's necro? O.O

GreenLord
10-03-2014, 06:32 PM
It means posting in a very old thread for no reason. It makes the thread go to the top of thread list. Necro also means raising the dead

Meggadon
10-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Oh O.O so wut happens now

GreenLord
10-03-2014, 10:27 PM
Readbrhe forum rules. It should talk about necroing

tarlan
10-04-2014, 09:43 AM
good ideas actually i was also thing of constitution as a stat like would increase health alot and armor a bit and hit a bit but nothing else

BuffaloWing
10-13-2014, 09:04 PM
...This is a post from '10... Its not bad though. I dont like the Idea of warriors being able to heal though. Warriors focus on offense over defense. They dont need to heal, as it would just make them ridiculous.

See you in Pocket Legends! :D

GreenLord
10-14-2014, 03:09 PM
...This is a post from '10... Its not bad though. I dont like the Idea of warriors being able to heal though. Warriors focus on offense over defense. They dont need to heal, as it would just make them ridiculous.

Weren't they designed for defense?

BuffaloWing
10-14-2014, 05:39 PM
Weren't they designed for defense?

Healing is for the mages. If you want to quickly get through a dungeon, recruit a few healers (mages) and some assassins (ranger/avian) for dps. Warriors are used for tanking the enemies and not needing to heal as often. Just my own personal opinion.