PDA

View Full Version : 2d version

Skwerl
06-24-2010, 08:41 PM
maybe some one has posed this idea, but i was wondering if you guys could make a 2d version.

now i know its a bit of work to get the sprites and such, but it wouldnt be 2 bad, as you could take over head shots of the 3d guys, and have 4 directional turning instead of full 3d turning.

this would make the 2g and 3g iphones/ 1g 2g ipod/ work amazing

imagine this game in overhead view.
it could be just as fun, fast and smooth. but yet BETTER!

but if all you want is 3d thats fine with me.

it would also save battery life. (5 hours instead of 3 hours max)
and fps would be amazing.

Banned
06-25-2010, 12:33 AM
That would not be super special awesome. Might as well make a whole different game. PL in 2D would be like having WoW with Vectrex graphics.

PvP
06-25-2010, 01:31 AM
maybe some one has posed this idea, but i was wondering if you guys could make a 2d version.

now i know its a bit of work to get the sprites and such, but it wouldnt be 2 bad, as you could take over head shots of the 3d guys, and have 4 directional turning instead of full 3d turning.

this would make the 2g and 3g iphones/ 1g 2g ipod/ work amazing

imagine this game in overhead view.
it could be just as fun, fast and smooth. but yet BETTER!

but if all you want is 3d thats fine with me.

it would also save battery life. (5 hours instead of 3 hours max)

We would just be degrading ourselves from the current status we're at. I have a Xbox 360, I don't want to go back to Pong. Unfortunately, even if its not a good thing, bigger = better today and 3d is begger & better then 2d. Even if it does require more battery and lag, people want it. Its also a huge element that makes PL stand out from all other iPod games.

Obliteration
06-25-2010, 01:40 AM
Lame idea..... We should go 4d

KingFu
06-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Lame idea..... We should go 4d

Why stop there? I vote for 34D. We are talking about bra sizes, right? :D JK. No, 2D would be like turning this game into a gameboy game. I don't like gameboy. Let's go all out, like the Nintendo 3DS. That thing looks sick.

P.S. 600th post! :P

Interim7
06-25-2010, 03:09 AM
Nothing wrong with 2D games. I love me a good 2D masterpiece. However, Pocket Legends is a 3D game, and there's no need for it to be anything but.

EDIT: Banned, I REALLY would like to see WoW with Vectrex graphics. Might even get me to play it, finally.

TrogZ
06-25-2010, 06:37 AM
OMFGODZOR why dont we get 4 of us in a balloon and get like 500,000 horse on the ground to move around and act as pixels so from the sky its like we are playing pocket legends and running through horse pixel dungeons killing horse pixel bosses and getting pink horse loot. Oh wait... thats retarded.

KingFu
06-25-2010, 06:55 AM
OMFGODZOR why dont we get 4 of us in a balloon and get like 500,000 horse on the ground to move around and act as pixels so from the sky its like we are playing pocket legends and running through horse pixel dungeons killing horse pixel bosses and getting pink horse loot. Oh wait... thats retarded.

I feel like your trying to be funny, I have no clue, but I think you are. Most likely you are trying so hard to be funny and you are failing so badly that you got me mixed up whether it's a joke or your drunk. XD :)

Royce
06-25-2010, 08:51 AM

This is already planned for the next content update, please check the roadmap before making suggestions.

http://mystuffspace.com/graphic/horse.jpg

vulgarstrike
06-25-2010, 08:57 AM
34D..wow....
pics or it never happened!

and back to subject, I think I prefer 3D, I just wish we could could do more to reduce the nagging lag.

Royce
06-25-2010, 09:00 AM
34D..wow....

and back to subject, I think I prefer 3D, I just wish we could could do more to reduce the nagging lag.

They've already said they have some optimizations planned for the next app update which should reduce lag and give some relief to people with older devices.

vulgarstrike
06-25-2010, 09:01 AM
I use fiber optics and iPad and I still lag like crazy sometimes..

Interim7
06-25-2010, 09:31 AM
34D..wow....

Internal rhyming. Get him, boys!

tjornan
06-25-2010, 09:58 AM
OMFG! 2d would be awesome! they could add a jump button, and goombas, and put a giant turtle in the game..... wait thats been done before.......

Skwerl
06-25-2010, 11:57 AM
Wow uber haters. Jeezy creezy. Anyhow I was just suggesting an idea like an in game option. Man

Skwerl
06-25-2010, 11:58 AM
OMFG! 2d would be awesome! they could add a jump button, and goombas, and put a giant turtle in the game..... wait thats been done before.......

It would of made sense if you went with hook shot. Forrest dungeon and giant pig bad guy

Banned
06-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Wow uber haters. Jeezy creezy. Anyhow I was just suggesting an idea like an in game option. Man

Well maybe you should have included that in your post. And either way, it would take alot of work, it's like making an entirely new game within the game.

flaimdude
06-25-2010, 12:18 PM

<_< >_> FPS =/= MMO

Just sayin'.

Royce
06-25-2010, 12:27 PM
<_< >_> FPS =/= MMO

Just sayin'.

I'm pretty sure he meant FPS as in frames per second ;)

flaimdude
06-25-2010, 01:35 PM
I'm pretty sure he meant FPS as in frames per second ;)

Oh gotcha. I thought he meant first-person shooter, LOL. XD

Azrael
06-25-2010, 04:12 PM
3d? pssssh. Pocket legends... IN SPACE

Banned
06-25-2010, 05:35 PM
3d? pssssh. Pocket legends... IN SPACE

Space? pssssh. Pocket legends... IN MY PANTS

Royce
06-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Space? pssssh. Pocket legends... IN MY PANTS

Ummmm...
Your pockets are in your pants, so you already have that ;)

Banned
06-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Ummmm...
Your pockets are in your pants, so you already have that ;)

I'm so hip and rad, I have my pockets inside out.

tjornan
06-25-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm so hip and rad, I have my pockets inside out

Wow..... such a bad boy! does your mommy know about this?

Banned
06-25-2010, 10:16 PM
Wow..... such a bad boy! does your mommy know about this?

My mommy doesn't even know that I un-tie my shoes after I leave the house. I'm such a rebel.

Skwerl
07-07-2010, 05:47 PM
wow this went in the wrong direction.
and yes i meant frames per second.

Cascade
07-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Psh...We are so rad we go the wrong the direction :)

ratava
07-08-2010, 08:10 AM
wow this went in the wrong direction.
and yes i meant frames per second.

no worries m8,

Don't see the benefits at all: Spacetime Engine in this baby this took 4yrs to develop, it produces amazing graphics/effects on the small screen on the iphone, cool environments, net-coding to produce min lag, fps issues ie it WORKS better than a lot of mmo's on a PC! - there's a few other graphical-styles in these mmo's in the app store to compare: anrufen, imo world of magic, 7 swords but imo PL is lightyears ahead of these in just about every way...

If you want a 2D dungeon-crawler, Gauntlet made with sprites in the 80's could do with an update? It was great for it's time.

jeezy.
09-27-2014, 03:14 PM
Lol

Arpluvial
09-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Hey guys, I am going to go to move and lock this thread. It will now be in the PL Suggestions and Feedback area. Let's not necro post, ok? :)