PDA

View Full Version : Issues/Bugs with Antignome Thief!!

Energizeric
09-09-2016, 01:06 AM
Many players have already figured this out, but there is a serious bug with the Antignome Thief.

We were told that he would spawn after killing an elite Underhul boss. However, it does not work that way. Instead, he spawns while you are fighting the boss, as do the plat vendors. So if you run around and make sure NOT to kill the boss, eventually after seeing a dozen or so plat vendors spawn and disappear, the Antignome Thief will indeed appear, every single time!

Here is the problem... With the bosses still being alive, and the other mobs that continue to spawn, and with the Antignome Thief on the run, it is hard to kill him in time. What tends to happen is by the time you manage to figure out where he is located and run him down, you are down to around 10-15 seconds. For a party with decent gear, that is not enough time to kill him. For a party with all the best gear, it is just enough time.

So then what is the result of this?

Average players running in random groups find the Antignome Thief quite often, but rarely will manage to kill him. But the rich/elite players with the best gear (the ones who probably do NOT need this event), they can kill him.

I'd guess 90% of the Antignome items being looted are by a small group of players who run the dungeon again and again in a good party, and they can get the Antignome Thief to spawn every single time. I spoke to someone tonight that has already looted 15 Antignome items in a few hours of gameplay.

For myself, I have been running with random groups, and while I've seen the Antignome thief many times, I have yet to manage to kill him and have therefore looted nothing.

So instead of having an event where average players can loot an expensive item, instead we have an event where the elite and rich who already have the best gear -- they can loot tons more expensive gear.

The only benefit here to the average player is that the prices of the Antignome gear are dropping way down, so many will be able to afford to buy it.

Let me make a suggestion: Since you have a 100% spawn rate and he is very hard to kill, why not just add a new dungeon with a really hard boss, and let him drop 100% Antignome gear to everyone upon defeat. The effect would be the same. (Well almost the same -- I'm sure STS cleans up on plat sales from those vendors that constantly spawn -- but you could just add them in town just like the mythic egg vendors used to be)

If you want to fix this event, I suggest he be made to spawn ONLY upon defeat of the boss, and let it be a rare spawn, and then let him be somewhat easy to kill.

aneshsinghblu
09-09-2016, 03:16 AM
thank you sts . . great event :-)
its like another free underhull set. . woot

Saud
09-09-2016, 03:19 AM
You had to be the one right?
Gosh.. This community is so weird xD
Let everyone have fun.

aneshsinghblu
09-09-2016, 03:31 AM
so true. . there's always a party pooper

intruders
09-09-2016, 03:53 AM
It has been always like that.
Obviously better equipped groups get more loot than poor players because they farm more efficiently. Nothing new here.
If everyone could farm easily then there would be tons of good stuff. Dirty cheap good stuff.

I do remember you advocate for a healthy economy every now and then so something doesn't add up here :)
I believe you are more than ok with such things when you are part of "rich/elite players with the best gear" ;) But when you run with "Average players running in random groups" there is a moaning like this one.

Anyway, I just can't believe that LB mage can't get a good party.

Wait a sec... are you sitting on a pile of antignome stuff already looted or bought cheap? That would explain a lot :D

Energizeric
09-09-2016, 04:23 AM
No, I don't have Antignome gear, but I will probably buy it this week. And yes, I can get a good party if I want, but not at this time of night since most of my friends are offline.

A "healthy economy" means one where there is stuff to farm that is worth good amounts of gold. Exactly what stuff will that be after this event is over?

As for me being "rich/elite", the only reason I have the stuff I have is because I work hard for it. I have not purchased plat in over 2 years and I do not open locked crates ever. I farm and farm some more, and that is how I earn gold. So when I see an event (the second such event in 3 weeks) that will ruin the economy, I speak out.

A month ago if you ran elite Underhul and looted an Elite Gold Heretic Chest, you could sell it for 100k. If you looted a level 56 legendary sorcerer gun, you could sell it for as much as 300k depending on the type. Now those items are all a small fraction of that amount. That is a problem for players who earn their gold by farming.

intruders
09-09-2016, 05:09 AM
And yes, I can get a good party if I want, but not at this time of night since most of my friends are offline.
Was that the reason of your post? ;)

A "healthy economy" means one where there is stuff to farm that is worth good amounts of gold. Exactly what stuff will that be after this event is over?
Vanity weapons, banished items, molds. Just to name some. One generous event (egg-stravaganza) might be a mistake. But second almost in a row is not. Looks like there is a plan STS sticks to but which we are not aware of (last days of AL before retiring?). Anyway, I believe they realize how such events influence the economy.

As for me being "rich/elite", the only reason I have the stuff I have is because I work hard for it. I have not purchased plat in over 2 years and I do not open locked crates ever. I farm and farm some more, and that is how I earn gold. So when I see an event (the second such event in 3 weeks) that will ruin the economy, I speak out.
Most of the players don't buy any plat and farm hard as well. You are not unique. I am undergeared rogue without arcane pendant/weapon/ring etc. My best thing is nekro. I died a lot in elite underhul but managed to loot some antignome stuff which I sold and bought on CS parts of rogue set. Am I part of rich/elite now?

A month ago if you ran elite Underhul and looted an Elite Gold Heretic Chest, you could sell it for 100k. If you looted a level 56 legendary sorcerer gun, you could sell it for as much as 300k depending on the type. Now those items are all a small fraction of that amount. That is a problem for players who earn their gold by farming.
The game has changed. New items arrive in game much faster than it was before in past seasons so this is not a surprise. We have to take it.

EbenevTheMage
09-09-2016, 05:19 AM
Sts pls put blinkin signal on minimap when thief get spawned, so we know where exactly he appears [emoji1]

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

scarysmerf
09-09-2016, 05:35 AM
I agree to part of your post I think if we had just a lil more time to kill thief like 40 secs or take out the timer and just make him a regular mini boss but ppl will complain it's too easy and prices will drop further but I do agree that there is buggs.

epicrrr
09-09-2016, 06:08 AM
Antignome set is really cheap atm, just like that OUR main will get set each! Id say Elite underhul and glintstone will be lively these coming weeks :)

Zeus
09-09-2016, 09:44 AM
It's a bug and should be fixed. The way it currently is, Antignome prices will be 5K each by end of event.

People shouldn't be throwing sticks and stones at Energizeric just because a bug doesn't suit their own individual gaming philosophy.

intruders
09-09-2016, 10:07 AM
Every time something "doesn't suit their own individual gaming philosophy" they try to manipulate asking devs to do this and that :)

Just kidding. I agree it should be fixed somehow but not drastically so that poor players still could get their hands on antignome set.

Probationer
09-09-2016, 10:13 AM
This is exactly why I didn't tell anyone in my guild...was trying to delay the inevitable.

But I agree with this, after all this will increase the prices and I'm always up for a profit :)

Probationer
09-09-2016, 10:21 AM
It's a bug and should be fixed. The way it currently is, Antignome prices will be 5K each by end of event.

People shouldn't be throwing sticks and stones at Energizeric just because a bug doesn't suit their own individual gaming philosophy.

Don't worry...I'm sure banished set is up next!!!
Free sets all round!

Midievalmodel
09-09-2016, 11:44 AM
STG company was just bought up by Oprah (Harpo). So you know how that goes.

Eagleye
09-09-2016, 11:50 AM
People who abused this should be punished. Probably not hard to track when people are consecutively killing thiefs over and over. .this bug hurt the event big time

JesuisCharlie
09-09-2016, 12:02 PM
I dont think it's beug when merchants are planned to spawn at differents intervals and with a same number. There is always a strategy, tactical and it make this sort of event better. Concerning the market, the best types of antignoms still rare because there is a hight demande and they drop less so far . Personally, i wont buy a crapy set, even at 2k but they let you chose, for exemple if you just reached the cap and your just looking to complete your (amazing) quests with it. Its why, devs let you chose in function of your income, its not "plat based" or for "best players".
I'm very happy with the event, one more time, peoples have to work together with not a "no brain" gameplay and it give interest for many players to lvl up . Congrats!

Cinco
09-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Hotfix incoming today to address these Event-related problems :-)

Gouiwaa9000
09-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Idk why poeple have trouble killing the guy. Im running with a decent party ( 1-2 mages , 1 war , 1-2 rog ) and he never escaped , even when i went to a 2 tank team ( helping friend ) we were able to kill him in the first 15-20s.

EDIT : Now that the bug is fixed , he will only be spawning in the boss area ... And thats usually completely free of any mobs

ThaAnas
09-09-2016, 05:35 PM
First of all, you can't judge a player because he is better/stronger than you...
Egg-Zavier is for all, Antignome is for ppl level 55-56, for sure geared player are faster...
But they paid already several millions to make it easier or farmed before... so I dont agree with that...

How long was planar tomb 1-2-3 for my just a dream without gear... I losg there over 1k ankhs... and others ran it like nothing, farmed, looted...
Is it also now a point to complain from my point of view?

yubaraj
09-09-2016, 07:40 PM
I hope some people are happy now with the nerfed spawn rate I guess.

PEMA
09-09-2016, 09:15 PM
You complained for not killing the thief and not getting any loot. Are you happy now that they have fixed it? Are you satisfied now that the prices went up? -_-

TheBoon
09-09-2016, 09:49 PM
Lol , just bought my helm and armor antignome for only 280k, unlike before it will cost you millions ! Just play and enjoy :) and be thankful to what is given , after all, its "just" a game :) unless some of here are makin profits in real werld. :D :D :D

Kingslaughter
09-09-2016, 11:28 PM
I bought that 2 pieces only for 50k...and now surely the price will go up a bit bcos rare spawn

Energizeric
09-09-2016, 11:47 PM
You complained for not killing the thief and not getting any loot. Are you happy now that they have fixed it? Are you satisfied now that the prices went up? -_-

Yes, I'm happy they fixed it. And no, prices have not gone up. Prices have stopped dropping and seem to be holding steady. This morning (about 16 hours ago, a few hours before the hotfix), I bought a sorcerer "hexstone" helm for 160k and armor for 200k. Right now I just looked in the auction and the helm is 170k and the armor is 175k. So prices appear to have stopped dropping.

I have no doubt they will drop a little more over the next week, but the key words there are "a little more". Before the hotfix they were dropping in price by 100% every few hours, and would have been 10k by the end of the event.

You can't have a game where your best and most expensive gear is 10k, or else everything else becomes completely worthless, and the economy of the game fails.

Susanne
09-10-2016, 02:14 AM
Since the latest update..I haven't seen the thief. A lot of players have had the same problem.

leoakre
09-10-2016, 09:23 PM
I didn't read the whole thread but I have one word for knowing where the thief is ....

MINIMAP ... Or is that 2 words Mini map !!!

Anyway ... just look for the extra red spot xD

I watch the mini-map ( could be hyphenated ) the whole time ... then just shoot, run, wiggle or jiggle towards the second red arrow asap !!

leoakre
09-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Sts pls put blinkin signal on minimap when thief get spawned, so we know where exactly he appears [emoji1]

There's a red arrow !!!

Errorrz
09-10-2016, 11:26 PM
Now very hard to see thieft spawn . Waste more time

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

EbenevTheMage
09-10-2016, 11:49 PM
yea, hard to find him after the update, safari from map 1-3, still havent get him appear

eugene9707
09-11-2016, 09:53 AM
I'm positive that STS were aware of the bug prior to this post. I've seen them talking about it in the chat box prior to Ener posting this. So stop blaming him.
Also, do you honestly think STS is that stupid to not notice the hyper increase of AntiGnome supply and suspect anything? Especially knowing that the spawn rate of the thief was meant to be like this?

Energizeric
09-12-2016, 07:14 AM
Good point. I'd guess this event has been a total failure for STS with the vendors. The plat-to-gold exchange rate seems to be around 3-4K gold per plat. You can see this when you look at items in the auction that exclusively sell for plat. For example, a tavern deed sells for 1000 plat, and in the auction they are around 3m gold.

So given the plat prices the vendors are charging for the Antignome items, I'd say that the gold price of these items dropped too low within a few hours of the event being launched, that they most likely are seeing very few plat sales after those first few hours on Thursday. Who would spend 500 plat on a belt when you can buy one in the auction for 500-800k?