PDA

View Full Version : Guld Website

Amanda C
09-19-2011, 07:06 AM
I recently created a new guild, but I have yet to recruit. As for right now, I'm curious about making a guild website. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Also, i want to mention I'm on a busy schedule right now but I'm working on making time for PL!

JaytB
09-19-2011, 07:53 AM
With the risk of sounding like a spambot, I made one over at freeforums.org. It's fairly user friendly, although setting up permissions for different member 'types' can be a bit challenging. On the other hand, they have a lot of guides and general helpful articles on their website. I never made a forum before, and made a functional one in a couple of hours. You can also add neat little features like a chatbox later on. I do have to admit that after a couple of weeks some adds started to pop-up on the website (only members get these apparently), but nothing really disturbing IMO.

Anyway, good luck with your guild and setting up your website :)

Amanda C
09-19-2011, 08:27 AM
Alright im about to check it out, but I think that would be the best way to start .. im probably going to need the guides at first anyways! I'll let you know how it works for me.

And Thanks alot!

JaytB
09-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Alright im about to check it out, but I think that would be the best way to start .. im probably going to need the guides at first anyways! I'll let you know how it works for me.

And Thanks alot!

Cool!

Make sure you also take a look at your forums' permittions. If memory serves me right, your entire website is viewable for outsiders by default. You might want to make that information viewable/accessible for members only :)

StompArtist
09-19-2011, 09:10 AM
xat.com allows you to create some decent chat rooms as well.

Navygreen
09-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Could always start a blog on blogspot.com

:)

Brickwall
09-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Try enjin.com, for a free website its one of the bests.

Ours is bmilitia.enjin.com, feel free to explore.

Cascade
09-19-2011, 12:51 PM
Check out forumotion.com very easy to create a forum there.

Amanda C
09-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Wow, thanks everyone! I actually have a blog at blogspot.. but im probably going to go through all these to see which I like best, when i get some free time!
I did like the freeforums.org but i do need to look into the privacy situation.. hmm

Well Thanks again everyone!

By the way Flicks And I should be recruiting here soon... As of now I think were going to have a base priority of atleast 75 quests completed? We'll post a forum here soon to let everyone know!

Snub
09-19-2011, 05:12 PM
i built my company website using godaddy... i pay about $50 a year and can have upto 999pages as well as something like 10000 emails lol. With this you own your domain name.... so pick an available domain name "myguild.com" (i bet thats taken). you can have forums, all that junk. basically you are limited to your imagination.
www.fixpctoday.com

Amanda C
09-21-2011, 06:42 AM
Im very tempted to put the money out for that... sounds likes its pretty worth it. Can you have more than one website or can you like delete one you have and replace it with a new one?

Siejo
09-21-2011, 05:00 PM
I've set up mine with guildportal.com, it's seems to be easy and it's free. Check that one out.

crestmage
09-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Guys, dont c bout anything else. Enjin.com remains the best!
Visit my guild site at: Blueflame.enjin.com