PDA

View Full Version : SL Help: )

OmincrossMX
09-19-2011, 10:54 AM
Guys why in SL is more difficult to raise money but in PL u get 2000 in a min?? And where are the good old days when u wanted help,a guy cones and says here 3000 for start?!:confused: In PL i helped lot of news by giving em money and help em find their way... :( where are that days??:cool: Oh yeah... Also i cant find weapon store in SL:p

CanonicalKoi
09-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Hmmm....different economies? While you may make a lot less credits than gold, things in auction cost way less than in PL. And I'd love to hand out 3k to new players, but I don't have it to hand out. :) As far as a weapons store, there isn't one except for the auction house and the plat store. Barring those two, you either have to find your weapons in the field as it were, or depend on friends/guildies/your guild.

Cascade
09-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Yeah, 10k in SL is equal to 100k in PL i believe.

BodMaster
09-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Yeah, 10k in SL is equal to 100k in PL i believe.

Just a little correction, I believe its higher than that,

To own a Guild for example. 10k SL, 250K PL, I would say what ever you have in SL x that by 2.5 and you have what it would normally cost in PL. Same goes for PL / that by 2.5 and you will have what it should cost in SL. (My own workings out since Beta days.. not official but make a whole lot of sense IMO)

P.S. I was/am going to make a thread on this in the future, so before anyone decides to take my idea.. HANDS OFF :p

Copperti
09-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Is it me or aside from the money thing you talked about---SL is RIDICULOUSLY harder that Pocket Legends? I mean, I am only level 4 and I can't even finish my third mission, and I am a decently experienced MMO Gamer. It feels as if SL forces you to have a completely full and balanced party or else you are stuck in the crapper. It also seems like it almost forces you to have to buy PLAT. I don't know, this is just my first experience and it is what I have seen/felt.

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Ok but to tell the truth... SL may be harder but its more awesomeriffic!;).... but its not right that u cant go to a store... i cant find good lvl 8 weapons in SL auction:(

BodMaster
09-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Is it me or aside from the money thing you talked about---SL is RIDICULOUSLY harder that Pocket Legends? I mean, I am only level 4 and I can't even finish my third mission, and I am a decently experienced MMO Gamer. It feels as if SL forces you to have a completely full and balanced party or else you are stuck in the crapper. It also seems like it almost forces you to have to buy PLAT. I don't know, this is just my first experience and it is what I have seen/felt.

Only thing I can suggest is joining a game when more than 2-3 players are on.. SL is all about group work this is what SL intended and this is the way its going to stay.. hope you change your mind as you have quite a strong opinion on this and Plat but if not at least you tried eh :)

BodMaster
09-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Ok but to tell the truth... SL may be harder but its more awesomeriffic!;).... but its not right that u cant go to a store... i cant find good lvl 8 weapons in SL auction:(

Hey any item you are looking for can be found here then at least you will know what to look for in Auction :)

http://spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?36152-Star-Legends-Item-Compendium

CanonicalKoi
09-20-2011, 12:23 PM

C'mon, now. If it was easy, it wouldn't be fun. :) Echoing Bod--SL was designed for teamwork from the get-go. I'll admit that soloing for the challenge of it is fun sometimes, but playing with a group, even a PUG, can be entertaining ("Did you see what that guy just did??!?"), educational ("Hmmm....that makes a combo, huh? "Cool! Just picked up some great tips for running my baby Commando."), and a great way to meet other people that you want to play with again.

**starts stringing the razor-wire around Bod's idea to protect it**

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanx bob:) i havnt thought of searching a list... thnx very much!!!:)

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Yeah teamwork is essential for SL... but there are some guys who just sit back and gain exp... :mad:

CanonicalKoi
09-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah teamwork is essential for SL... but there are some guys who just sit back and gain exp... :mad:

Sadly, sometimes that's part of the educational experience ("Note to self: Self, never play with that guy again.").

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Lol yeah.... But if u want to raise lvl quickly u must havea good time on the game... Personnaly i love playing with guys who talk with u while shootin aliens.... its really awesome!!!

BodMaster
09-20-2011, 12:51 PM
C'mon, now. If it was easy, it wouldn't be fun. :) Echoing Bod--SL was designed for teamwork from the get-go. I'll admit that soloing for the challenge of it is fun sometimes, but playing with a group, even a PUG, can be entertaining ("Did you see what that guy just did??!?"), educational ("Hmmm....that makes a combo, huh? "Cool! Just picked up some great tips for running my baby Commando."), and a great way to meet other people that you want to play with again.

**starts stringing the razor-wire around Bod's idea to protect it**

She speaks the truth :D

Lool do you think its a waste to put one together? Not exactly anything special.. but can help others esp if they decide to exchange PL for SL or vice versa.. hmm lol

Thanx bob:) i havnt thought of searching a list... thnx very much!!!:)

No problem buddy glad I could help :) hopefully able to find what gear you need to collect :)

Grrr this annoys me also.. only doing a run through Sloucho and when we got to Director Bot I say.. Everyone pick a platform.. I will take back left.. etc.. then they failed to do anything just stand there.. so I give instructions this time.. you go front left, you go back right so on.. next time.. still just stood there.. me and a friend was running to 2 platforms each out of 5 players 4 platforms.. after this on of them started to help.. tho the other just stood there. So in the end I booted them from game for not helping and expecting us to do the hard work. (Hate booting)

Anyway a few secs later I start to receive abuse (swearing) this player saying it was his alt.. he was a level 30 Com that had killed that boss loads before.. I ignored his abuse and reported him for the foul language and kept screenshots as backup but what he expect me to say.. oh your main is a level 30 so I will just let you reap the rewards for standing there.. he was sorely mistaken.

/rant

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Lol !! Just ignore him! he is the kind of player who thinks he is superior from u.... i am lvl 8 and i was playing with a lvl24 engineer... She didnt revived me not once and i killed all the enemies while she stood in a corner!! :mad: what is boosting?

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 01:03 PM
booting*

BodMaster
09-20-2011, 02:19 PM
Hmm that is a little odd.. I don't get why he/she would do that.. (maybe she was a DPS Engi, haha)

Superiority does not come from someone who has a high level main.. jokers as you can see in my sig Main 30 Com, alt 30 Engi, alt 28 Op.. I have alot of experience knowledge from this for all classes.. he was a @#$@# haha

Booting is when a player that creates a run (instance) and people they don't like/too low of a level/or just uncooperative in general can be booted from that players instance by clicking on their name to the left of screen to view the players UI and it says Boot on lower menus.. this will remove them from a game with a message to that player explaining why they had been booted.

Cahaun
09-20-2011, 02:26 PM
To help you understand about why SL takes longer to get money:
PL has a different economy in which everything costs alot more and you see more money drop. That sounds alot like inflation to me.
The SL economy is healthy to me. I think it challenges people to actually manage their money like how much to save and spend because the drop rate for money is a bit shorter. The best way to get money atm is to open chests more. They provide more than 10% of your income. The rest comes from the item drops. I like the way that the rarer the item gets, the more you can liquidate it for. So far, Sloucho gives excellent income because most drops are orange/yellow which is about 4 credits each. I did a study on this and concluded that I earned 200+ credits doing the first three levels in Sloucho.
I hope this helps you get more money, but the real issue out there of this is "Why make money MORE valuable than PL currency?" I would say that it will help start off the young SL economy for the future of its life plus to make it harder than PL as SL is for the hardcore.
Just typing this urges me to make some guides like "Tips And Hints On Making And Spending Money". I soon will make one about "Grinding And How To Make It Fun". Enjoy. I hope this helped shine some light on the topic.:)

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Hmm that is a little odd.. I don't get why he/she would do that.. (maybe she was a DPS Engi, haha)

Superiority does not come from someone who has a high level main.. jokers as you can see in my sig Main 30 Com, alt 30 Engi, alt 28 Op.. I have alot of experience knowledge from this for all classes.. he was a @#$@# haha

Booting is when a player that creates a run (instance) and people they don't like/too low of a level/or just uncooperative in general can be booted from that players instance by clicking on their name to the left of screen to view the players UI and it says Boot on lower menus.. this will remove them from a game with a message to that player explaining why they had been booted. First of all thanx for the boot button... ill use it wisely:D.... So how u didnt becme star guardian.lol... cuz u re very helpfull;)

CanonicalKoi
09-20-2011, 02:43 PM
Lool do you think its a waste to put one together? Not exactly anything special.. but can help others esp if they decide to exchange PL for SL or vice versa.. hmm lol

Not at all! I think it'd be an interesting comparison between the two. Do eeeeeeet! (Please.) :) And I agree with Hoexkiller--you, sir, are a very helpful guy and very, very SG-ish. :)

Bakoffmycandy
09-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I flew threw SL in a week and a half. Didn't want to get addicted because of how much time I have put in to my PL toons. Once I started, I couldn't stop. Starting out is rough to say the least. Don't think I bought my 1rst pack o of Stims until level 11 lol. And that was even at the highest guild discount. After hitting 30 & half way to 31, coin is slowly starting to easier. Most Slouch-O Oranges & Whites sell for 4 Cred. Adds up after a bit and you always have the chance for a Purp or Pink.

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 02:48 PM

Not at all! I think it'd be an interesting comparison between the two. Do eeeeeeet! (Please.) :) And I agree with Hoexkiller--you, sir, are a very helpful guy and very, very SG-ish. :)
Hahahahaha SG-ish...Awesomeriffic adj.... SL dictionary...:)

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 02:49 PM
I flew threw SL in a week and a half. Didn't want to get addicted because of how much time I have put in to my PL toons. Once I started, I couldn't stop. Starting out is rough to say the least. Don't think I bought my 1rst pack o of Stims until level 11 lol. And that was even at the highest guild discount. After hitting 30 & half way to 31, coin is slowly starting to easier. Most Slouch-O Oranges & Whites sell for 4 Cred. Adds up after a bit and you always have the chance for a Purp or Pink.
in a week and a half??! No way man!! really??:cool:

Bakoffmycandy
09-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Heh really, 1rst 2 days was an engineer to 20 not using enhancers, the rest was my Op using enhancers as much as I could. Without, its a very long grind. I was just very impressed with the environment, difficulty, guns & overall newness of it.1-30 is nothing compared to 1-60 in PL. That took a little over 2 weeks, enhancers when I could.

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Wow... you definetly must show me how u lvled up so quckly!!:)

BodMaster
09-20-2011, 04:04 PM

:blush:

You're both to kind!

There are alot of helpful players on the forums that don't just help individuals but help the masses through Guides, thinning out bugs etc.. people like Canon ;)

Hmmm you have convinced me.. how do you do it?? Is it a spell?? Or just your kind nature :)

Bakoffmycandy
09-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Wow... you definetly must show me how u lvled up so quckly!!:)

No secret to it, know you class & know it well. Find people around your lvl that u can tell its not there 1rst rodeo & group with them as much as possible. The better quality of the group the faster Xp, loot & remake even at low levels. If done right you will fly past these friends & have to rinse and repeat.
The rest is just monotonous grinding over & over again. I play on a tab, if I'm on a xp grind that thing doesn't leave my hand. Making tea, food etc. You get the point. Xp grind in any game can get old quick. Just set goals and try your best to reach those goals for your playtime.
Another big thing is people will do the same dungeons over & over again. Personally I will play thro all the levels & remake after the boss. If they quality of your group is good, you don't loose much time on the bosses & less chaos remarking every other time. That's about it, hope it helps :)

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 04:23 PM
oooo... its kinda psuchological the whole part of reaching lvl 30... And i agree with the lvl one u said;)

Evl1312
09-20-2011, 06:15 PM
I'm doing ok in SL...I used a build for an Op in the Op section and now my DPS is freakin' awesome! But yea teamwork is key in this game...unless you're a commando with the right build. I'm an ok MMO player also and this is by-far the best game for the ipod I have seen so far.

As for plat, I just get free PLAT...I think I got 8 free PLAT for signing up for EHarmony :D Thank you dating services! I'm only using PLAT to get a commando character in 2 levels anyway.

CanonicalKoi
09-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Hmmm you have convinced me.. how do you do it?? Is it a spell?? Or just your kind nature :)

It's a combination of delirium brought on by "man-flu" mixed with coffee, tea and neck rubs. And that you really want to do it anyway. :D Do! It'll be interesting! And I really hope you're feeling better. :( It isn't fair that you've had to deal with ping *and* being sick.