PDA

View Full Version : Will split plat purchases ever be allowed?

SssoulSsshine
09-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but...

Some time back I was told that this was in the works and the trick was figuring out how to do this for all the various purchase methods...

Would it be so terrible to at least add this to the website purchases if some of the other methods are causing problems? I know the preference is to have it available in all purchase methods, but if that is causing problems...

You buy whatever amount of plat, and your options are 1) all to PL 2) all to SL or 3) split 50/50 between PL and SL.

I am *not* talking about universal plat, just one purchase where the total plat would be divided between the two games, sort of a website only special, I'd be okay if this option was specifically tied to the 2k plat purchase if need be.

I am ready to buy 2k plat but I won't do it until this option exists.

Thanks!

Darkfader
09-19-2011, 01:57 PM
I think Apple TOS didn't allow this to being happened, so it must gotten seperate for both games.

XchilangopwnX
09-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Well I dont get why apple could interfere with a spactime studios website plat purchase. Seeing as it would be done off their website and not itunes. It would then be up to the buyer to distribute plat to its accounts of either sl or pl under their consent. I would love this set-up.

drewcapu
09-19-2011, 02:36 PM
It was alluded to (in chat iirc) as a possibility shortly after the universal plat got switched over to game-specific plat.

Don't expect to see it in in-game plat purchases though. If available, Plat Partitioning would be available only via the website.

SssoulSsshine
09-26-2011, 01:25 PM
Would sure love it if a dev could reply and let us know if this is still in the works or not...I was told some time ago they were working on it. I understand how busy they are, but in my opinion this is an option which would take almost no time to implement, and could generate some significant revenue.

If sts can't offer split plat purchase via all payment methods (which more than likely they can't) does this mean the idea is dead?

I still don't understand what the issue is of having it available as a web only option/special. I don't see how it could be against the TOS, if I can buy plat for one game and then 5 minutes later buy plat for another game, why couldn't I do it all in one transaction and get a bonus based on the total transaction amount.

I am almost ready to buy plat and this may determine if I just pick one game or continue with both...or just stop buying plat altogether. I've gotten used to spending it since I've had a good supply, but it goes to quick to buy in small chunks. I either want lots or I may have to go cold turkey.

Again, I am *NOT* talking about universal plat, just the option to plop down $50 or $80 and have half of the plat go to each game. I don't care if it's only available via the website, and I don't care if it's only available for the larger plat purchases.

Thanks as always