PDA

View Full Version : Possible to get luck icon when Awakened weapon is equipped?

thekragle
09-13-2016, 12:20 PM
If you awaken a weapon and get the luck enhancement I notice that the luck icon does not show like it would if you, say, equipped the leprechaun pendant.

Is it possible to have the icon show when you equip an Awakened weapon with the luck enhancement?

It's not a big deal but I would love to see even more luck icons when running maps, just makes me happier, lol.

Carapace
09-13-2016, 12:56 PM
If you awaken a weapon and get the luck enhancement I notice that the luck icon does not show like it would if you, say, equipped the leprechaun pendant.

Is it possible to have the icon show when you equip an Awakened weapon with the luck enhancement?

It's not a big deal but I would love to see even more luck icons when running maps, just makes me happier, lol.

If I understand his post, the answer is no. Item enhancements do not reflect any HUD related icons when equipped

Rakuuun
09-13-2016, 03:27 PM
If I understand his post, the answer is no. Item enhancements do not reflect any HUD related icons when equipped

why not ? it makes him happier

thekragle
09-13-2016, 03:30 PM
Darn, oh well, had to ask just in case it was overlooked. Thanks Cara for response.

Suentous PO
09-13-2016, 03:39 PM
I think Cara misunderstood Kragles question as asking if there WAS an icon that would show up,
when the question was;
can we have a luck icon added because there isn't one.

Correct me if wrong doe

thekragle
09-13-2016, 03:48 PM
I don't think Cara misunderstood, but yeah I was asking if they could make the luck icon show up on the HUD when you equip it like it does when you equip the leprechaun amulet or activate Hishi's Arcane ability.

It also makes you wonder if it is actually working/active when it doesn't show up on the HUD.

VROOMIGoRealFast
09-13-2016, 06:03 PM
Currently Item Enhancements don't have any visual effects associated with them (we include icons as visual effects when setting up items). The reason for this is that 4 players with Arcane items who all have 4 Enhancements on each would result in 16 different effects being displayed! Even on yourself with icons only, you'll have 4 different icons that never go away. After adding the Environment Buffs, we felt that having effect icons that never go away takes away from their readability, as these icons are meant to show you you're poisoned, stunned, etc. It's harder to react to these status effects if they don't appear on your buff bar because you have 4 Luck icons in the way that are never removed!

We have double checked though, and the effects of the enhancements are being applied, including the luck ;)

Suentous PO
09-13-2016, 06:04 PM
It does work even if you can't see any icon. When the lv 16 arc chest came out I was running with no luck other than my city buff and I got random rerolls.
Even if it's not an elixir you will see the message " your elixir let you reroll".

Edit - dev ninjad lel

thekragle
09-13-2016, 07:07 PM
Yeah, those little HUD status icons start to pile up fast as you get buffs, elixers, poisoned and so on, so I understand why your hesitant to add more. Thanks for the clarification guys!! :)

Zeus
09-13-2016, 07:38 PM
Currently Item Enhancements don't have any visual effects associated with them (we include icons as visual effects when setting up items). The reason for this is that 4 players with Arcane items who all have 4 Enhancements on each would result in 16 different effects being displayed! Even on yourself with icons only, you'll have 4 different icons that never go away. After adding the Environment Buffs, we felt that having effect icons that never go away takes away from their readability, as these icons are meant to show you you're poisoned, stunned, etc. It's harder to react to these status effects if they don't appear on your buff bar because you have 4 Luck icons in the way that are never removed!

We have double checked though, and the effects of the enhancements are being applied, including the luck ;)

Is there any way to remove the housing buffs showing on your character too? Like you said, it makes it very difficult to tell now when I'm debuffed by which debuff.

epicrrr
09-13-2016, 09:55 PM

yeah so much icons that im actually missing some that I really need to see such as the Horn of Renew (icon pvp-wise)

thekragle
09-14-2016, 12:55 AM
Is there any way to remove the housing buffs showing on your character too? Like you said, it makes it very difficult to tell now when I'm debuffed by which debuff.

Since everyone is bringing this up, one way to universally solve this problem is to remove all the non-necessary status/buff icons that are more of a passive stat (luck/damage/XP) and add them to a box found under our KDR screen in the character stats section. This way we can anytime go and see a very detailed area that tells us all of the currently active buff/elixers we have without cluttering up the HUD when running a map.
How cool would it be to see in our stats screen exactly what all of our current buffs and luck stats are in more detail. We really don't need to see a permanent luck icon or an XP or damage icon on the HUD when running maps or PvPing. We only need to see the icons for temporary effects of luck (Hishi's and Egg ring proc), damage or other timed elixers, poison effects, and so on.

Just a thought.

extrapayah
09-14-2016, 06:26 PM
i think the status icon should return to old design, where there is only one icon to show for similar stacked effect/buff/debuff, and some modification to show how much/many is stacked.

and add detail on every buff/debuff and stacked value on the current detailed elixir screen