PDA

View Full Version : New "Eject" PVE option.

Hercules
09-14-2016, 03:09 PM
Hello guys,

After much thought. I decided to publish my idea here about how to eject players: (AFK, Low level, or just players who do not help) in the PVE maps.

The new option is easy:

*NOTE*: The system only will kick a player of a map if there are two reports of two differents players who are in the map.

EXAMPLE: So, if you enter in a map and you see someone who is AFK or don't move, follow the next steps:

1. Clic in "Kick out" option:
2. The option will open a small chatbox where you must put the name of the player who is AFK
3. Or use the command /Kickout _____ "NameID"
4. Automatically the system will count 30 seconds.
5. If the player continue AFK (no activity or movement in 30 seconds), the player will be kicked out!
6. The player AFK will return in Guildhall or in a random city with a reboot message: You has been kick out of the map. REASON: AFK in a PVE map!

If the player moves a little during the 30 seconds and continue AFK without help the party:
You can send again the report
if the system receives two reports again about the same player, automatically the player AFK will be kick without count seconds.

For Low levels:

The system automatically will kick the player if there are 3 reports.

Note: The system will not count seconds or minutes. The kick out will be instant!

Maybe this is not the best idea but can be improved in a future. This option is to help players who like to play random maps without a party.

Thanks you!

- H

Nabkro
09-14-2016, 03:13 PM
this is a good idea
but for #5 can be abused
for example you said "no activity or movement in 30 seconds" so you can move a little and become AFK again right?

Hercules
09-14-2016, 03:17 PM
this is a good idea
but for #5 can be abused
for example you said "no activity or movement in 30 seconds" so you can move a little and become AFK again right?

Yay! That would be a problem. My fix: if the system receives two reports again automatically the player AFK will be kick without count seconds.

resurrected
09-14-2016, 03:19 PM
Would help alot especially during events or elites

Ronesg
09-14-2016, 03:23 PM
Great idea!! Hopefully they'll add this to the game

resurrected
09-14-2016, 03:34 PM
However kick button should appear when player don't move and/of his mana and hp dont drain at all. To avoid kicking innocent players or those with low gear or pet

Hercules
09-14-2016, 04:53 PM
i like the idea because some are seriously tripping when they join pve maps and yes it is annoying...

however...

this is something that can also be abused by players:

unfortunately we all know that some players would only run ( specially the OP one's) if and only if the party is not consisting of under geared players

now kudos by the way for the idea that it has a specific requirement before you boot a player but

there is still a chance that player/s might abuse this...

i live in the Philippines and sometimes it is a bit laggy what if i was lagging??

so does this mean im not suppose to be entitled to loot anything when i farm if i stopped moving because my internet service is ( insert bannable word here)

i know some people would be annoyed because im not attacking but what if the player was not doing it on purpose??

i like the idea though don't get me wrong I am just looking at it at a different perspective

- ^-^

Yes, you are right! :P I didn't think in the players with lag and that is a big problem, I really don't find a solution for that my idea is a fail xd. Thanks you for the feedback! :)

blazerdd
09-14-2016, 05:00 PM
i like the idea because some are seriously tripping when they join pve maps and yes it is annoying...

however...

this is something that can also be abused by players:

unfortunately we all know that some players would only run ( specially the OP one's) if and only if the party is not consisting of under geared players

now kudos by the way for the idea that it has a specific requirement before you boot a player but

there is still a chance that player/s might abuse this...

i live in the Philippines and sometimes it is a bit laggy what if i was lagging??

so does this mean im not suppose to be entitled to loot anything when i farm if i stopped moving because my internet service is ( insert bannable word here)

i know some people would be annoyed because im not attacking but what if the player was not doing it on purpose??

i like the idea though don't get me wrong I am just looking at it at a different perspective

- ^-^

Or you wouldn't be able to vote to kick unless they haven't been moving for 20+ seconds. After the 2 votes required to kick, there would still be the 30 seconds for them to move and cancel it. IMO if you dont move/hit for 50+ seconds, be it lag or whatever, you should be able to be kicked.
If your ping doesn't reconnect in 50 seconds I can almost assure you you will ping out.
I agree with you, but that should pose no block to this idea. ;)

Suentous PO
09-14-2016, 06:45 PM
There's always a way for a jerk to leach or just make life hell. Even with what you describe someone could enter a map and do nothing but auto attack, or have a "ping spike" while you kill that boss for him.
Having said that, I think al should have a host who can boot ppl off the map just like pl. yes it can be abused but there's a report function for that. Besides no one easily offended should be online lol

blazerdd
09-14-2016, 06:56 PM
don't get me wrong, the idea is brilliant im just looking at it in a different perspective so atleast we can talk about how we can improve the idea :)
This is the first thread in a long time that is actually beneficial! haha

no my dear in the Philippines you can be lagg for more than a minute but can still reconnect situations may vary depending on the condition

you should consider the fact that running without a party is like grabbing a treat in a jelly bean bag ( you don't know what you are gonna get) its either you accept them or you leave the map..

me personally i usually farm random.. idc if i end up with all under geared players or all op players i just enjoy it more that way.. I am honestly capable of farming with a good party i but i chose to farm solo or random

Ah, my apologies.
Most of the time when something like this happens, they will say "lagg", move a little bit, say it again, move more, and basically keep up with us until the boss drops loot. Then, once the map is over, they run and pick up the loot, making the rest of the party want to throw them in a cotton candy machine. That doesn't mean there aren't genuine lag issues sometimes though, in which case, normally, I don't mind.

blazerdd
09-14-2016, 08:41 PM
...Having said that, I think al should have a host who can boot ppl off the map just like pl. yes it can be abused but there's a report function for that. Besides no one easily offended should be online lol

Although I did like that to some extent, isn't that what parties are for? The whole point of randoms is to run with random people xD.

On a side note, your location is gold lol

I honestly know what you're talking about lol

but if a player died let's just say while in pve map let's give him the benefit of the doubt right??

no one wants to die and ruin their KDR just to annoy other players ( not unless they are just the annoying type) lol

Right, if he dies. If he dies, and stays there, sure. But if he dies at boss and respawns right when we kill, most likely we have a problem.
And yes, we should give them the benefit of the doubt.

Back to the original idea though, you probably shouldn't be able to kick for the first 30+ seconds. That, most of the time, would get rid of the "you're under-geared so we don't want you" mindset. You might say "well then we'll just wait the 30 seconds and vote to kick", but after you start the map and get into it, you probably won't all stop to vote, etc.
This needs to be added, but with guidelines so as to not kick under-geared or innocent ping-spikes (the community should have enough patience for them to "come back"). There is a difference between ping-spikes and complete unresponsiveness.

Pukkie
09-14-2016, 08:45 PM
i think more than 1 has to demand "kick user" to start the counter to avoid abuse

BabVna
09-14-2016, 09:08 PM
Few other things to consider

someone want to open effigy or cryostar powers to party. For example, I end up with long inventory and scroll don it self take few 10 of seconds.

People join map random waiting others to join.

Ping is another problem. Basic time is 120 sec to reconnect the player. Many complaints before from players on disconnects from maps due to ping.

Good thought since I see this happens even in underhaul elites. I always leave map by apologizing the other players after seeing this kind of players. Not saying that idea doesn't work, it's a good start.

Energizeric
09-14-2016, 11:54 PM
Bad idea. Pocket Legends had this feature, and it was abused often. A guy I used to do runs with would wait until the boss was about to die, and then kick people just so they wouldn't get a drop. People thought it was funny, but I would have been pissed if it were me.

We have parties in AL. If you want to limit who is in your run, you make a party. Otherwise it is open to anyone.

TheBoon
09-15-2016, 12:35 AM
If this idea is implemented , then there is no "random" thing anymore, that's why "party" feature was created,. You cant just be mad to someone who is not moving in the map, 'cause you know, you don't even know what their connection is goin through, you can just "leave" , real talk, i'm against this idea and will always be. you can just leave., and that is not healthy for the game, because "you have been kicked" message is very disencouraging.

Azerothraven
09-15-2016, 03:24 AM
If this idea is implemented , then there is no "random" thing anymore, that's why "party" feature was created,. You cant just be mad to someone who is not moving in the map, 'cause you know, you don't even know what their connection is goin through, you can just "leave" , real talk, i'm against this idea and will always be. you can just leave., and that is not healthy for the game, because "you have been kicked" message is very disencouraging.

I agree with you. Although this idea may sound like a good feature it wouldn't work in game.

Also I understand the high level player for not wanting to play with under gear players because they slow down runs and just get in the way. I personally have rogue health 7k, mana 3k and dps 2k and when I play with rogues or wizard who have 4K health, 1~1.5k damage or 2k< mana. Maps like elite underhul gets very difficult as they get dropped like flies. Also they can't really contribute much in events like egg zavier and thief. I understand they need to loot to get better but I say work hard to improve stats and try harder maps elite.

I don't might of one party member is weak/under geared but when a rogue has to tank maps like this gets very difficult.

solomagefarm
09-15-2016, 05:01 AM
I love this idea but I thought just as the other guy did people will inevitably abuse it once they've had any help they need.
this could be a very welcome addition and think spacetime will definitely utilise it with the proper thought.

LastArlorian
09-15-2016, 05:53 AM
+1
Great idea :)

Psychoism
09-15-2016, 10:10 AM
This is a good idea, But some of players is lagging not afk :(

lissil
09-15-2016, 11:16 AM
As one of the players who always have arcane ping, with ping spikes up to 80k, that will be a problem. It will force people to always run in parties that you know will not kick you even if you lag. I personally won't have a problem, as I usually run solo or in party.

But as stated by others before me, this will be a problem for undergeared players. It's difficult enough for them to find a decent party which means they have to run random. If this system is piled on top of that, it basically will kill farming for them.

Fsuryo
09-15-2016, 11:17 AM
1. The connection, some people got an arcane ping.
2. Party section will uselless.
3. A chance for new bad habbit (at boss, two of player on the map "from same guild" kick you from the map, so their guildies can pick your empty chair. How do you feel?).
4. Not fair for every new/mid-undergeared player. (Remember at the first time lv 30 as an undergeared mage jump at elit bracken and easily die).

Captain critic
09-15-2016, 05:25 PM
I dont like ur idea at all cuz ur afk for 30 seconds u should be kicked from a map ? thats over-reacting people r so busy in life that they have to be afk in map sometimes even more than 30 seconds and everyone runs in pt so if u want this idea to become a reality then ur just making people upset plus if they dont move for 30 it just means their laggy