PDA

View Full Version : CTF Flag Location Suggestion

Buddyf97
09-19-2011, 06:26 PM
Due to the kills and other notifications on top in the screen it is very easy to miss if a flag is stolen, or returned. I believe there should be a little section in the upper right hand corner that says where the flag is. For example: both flags are at base. It shows a red flag and says base. It also shows a blue flag and says base. If Buddyf steals the red flag it will say red flag and show the name: Buddyf. Once the flag is scored the board will return to say Base.
Leave feedback!

Grimtigrex
09-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Would that make it easier to catch the flag stealer because it says who took it?

Buddyf97
09-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Would that make it easier to catch the flag stealer because it says who took it?
Now I know that the flag is on the other side of the map instead of thinking it's in the base

Otukura
09-19-2011, 06:50 PM
Don't agree -- I like to play ninja, and take it while a fight is going on, so it mixes in with ____ killed ____.

Ixillicus
09-19-2011, 06:54 PM
I think there is something that should merely indicate whether the flag is on it's stand or not. If it is, a little symbol is there, if it isn't, the symbol changes. That way you know if you have to look for it. Saying who would be a bit too much info.

CrimsonTider
09-19-2011, 07:02 PM
This is why you have teammates. If you die, it should be up to you and your teammates to communicate if you flag has been stolen. This is why I prefer CTF over PvP, teamwork is much harder to pull off.

SUPAPRODIGY
09-19-2011, 07:10 PM
I think there is something that should merely indicate whether the flag is on it's stand or not. If it is, a little symbol is there, if it isn't, the symbol changes. That way you know if you have to look for it. Saying who would be a bit too much info.

Agree

AbsolutePally
09-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Don't agree -- I like to play ninja, and take it while a fight is going on, so it mixes in with ____ killed ____.

I'm with Otu.
Sorry Buddy, that is just too much info to dislclose like that. You have to pay attention during a match. Missing info like that, that is that important is unacceptable and should not be handed to everyone.

mejslll
09-19-2011, 10:01 PM
i just wish i could fight and type on my phone at the same time... how bout head sets and being able to talk with each other

Kraze
09-19-2011, 10:14 PM
This is why you have teammates. If you die, it should be up to you and your teammates to communicate if you flag has been stolen. This is why I prefer CTF over PvP, teamwork is much harder to pull off.
I agree ctf isn't broken fine the way it is

Otukura
09-19-2011, 10:26 PM
i just wish i could fight and type on my phone at the same time... how bout head sets and being able to talk with each other

Ventrilo... ya know, DTF, maybe I should talk to you in game.

WoundedEagle
09-20-2011, 06:28 AM
I think it's a splendid idea Buddy!

Tamino
09-20-2011, 08:02 AM
You already know if other party flag is in one of your teammates' hands - there is a small symbol near the player name. I would like to have an indication if my flag is at base or stolen, but without any indication of who is the carrier, this would be an inappropriate info.