PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Ironman

tasakli
09-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Hey!

I've been playing a game (mention name allowed?) where you could choose a game mode called ironman.
Those people who choose their account to be an ironman, can not trade with anyone and so have to farm everything by theirself.

So I came up with an idea: Ironman-mode in Arcane Legends!

Rules:
-no trade permit: unabe to trade with anyone; have to farm everything by yourself.
-0 platinum purchase history (sts rage inc): you shouldn't be able to buy anything with platinum from the store.

It's basicaly some hardcore gaming and you loot everything by yourself.
(Single-player arcane legends)

Let's see who can be the most 'op' user by looting, without a trade permit and platinum ;)
Up for the challenge? Add 'iron' in ur name to show ur an ironman! (e.g. mine is ironflair)

What do you think?.

nightmaresmoke
09-15-2016, 08:54 AM
Lel wut

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Teasajah
09-15-2016, 09:15 AM
It is impossible for AL since most good stuff are not farmable, they drop from locks/chests.

Mel030
09-15-2016, 09:29 AM
No.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

blazerdd
09-15-2016, 09:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMTAUr3Nm6I
Mainly 0:38-0:44

Your'e welcome.

tasakli
09-15-2016, 09:56 AM
Looks like this community is not for me (hardcore gaming lovers) lmao :D

Psychoism
09-15-2016, 09:59 AM
*shifty eyes*

TheBoon
09-15-2016, 10:02 AM
That is baloney

Teasajah
09-15-2016, 10:03 AM
Looks like this community is not for me (hardcore gaming lovers) lmao :D

I love hardcore gaming but it just does not work for AL. Maybe if STS makes farming much easier for Ironmans.

Carapace
09-16-2016, 12:06 PM
I like the idea of a rogue-like-legends based on the AL world. We have often joked about a perma-death server, but the reality of the lag on a mobile device creates a questionably unstable environment for such a thing :)

VROOMIGoRealFast
09-16-2016, 01:32 PM
A no trade permit, no stash, no party character with 10x drop rate, 10x gold generation, and crates purchasable/opened for gold? That could be fun! I'll race you to 61 ;)

Suentous PO
09-16-2016, 01:35 PM
Obviously someone has spiked the punch at the office,
make mine a double

tasakli
09-16-2016, 01:36 PM
Even devs kidding about it, might aswell just delete all my accounts and ragequit lol xD

VROOMIGoRealFast
09-16-2016, 01:53 PM
Even devs kidding about it, might aswell just delete all my accounts and ragequit lol xD

No jokes here!! As Teasajah mentioned, both gold rates and drop rates are designed specifically for a social, party based game. If we were to make an Ironman style mode those are the types of changes I would make!

- No trading (of any kind)
- No moving items (even to characters on the same account, to not ruin the normal game economy)
- No partying with others (because Ironmen would be relatively stronger than normal characters so we wouldn't want you running Elites with a guy who isn't an Ironman)
- Increased drop rates (Greatly increase, because you can't buy from any other player which highly reduces your chance of getting it)
- Increased gold drop (Again because you can't interact with other players)

Trenton
09-16-2016, 02:10 PM
No jokes here!! As Teasajah mentioned, both gold rates and drop rates are designed specifically for a social, party based game. If we were to make an Ironman style mode those are the types of changes I would make!

- No moving items (even to characters on the same account, to not ruin the normal game economy)
- No partying with others (because Ironmen would be relatively stronger than normal characters so we wouldn't want you running Elites with a guy who isn't an Ironman)
- Increased drop rates (Greatly increase, because you can't buy from any other player which highly reduces your chance of getting it)
You're talking like this could become a reality o.O

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

VROOMIGoRealFast
09-16-2016, 02:13 PM
You're talking like this could become a reality o.O

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Everything could become a reality, whether or not it will is a different story.

Just having some fun designer practice, fleshing out an imaginary feature to keep my mind in check ;).

Captain critic
09-16-2016, 03:15 PM
So in other words u cant list in auc becuz auc is another way of trading and what does ironman have to do with al y didnt u just name the mode caveman instead :) and sorry but i dont like this idea plus its more of a ur on ur own mode and whats the points of having friends on ur fl if u cant pt them u might as well just talk all u can

Kenzou
09-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Where can i register to be an ironman? XD

DAmage126
09-17-2016, 12:23 PM
sounds like some idea taken from runescape lmfao

tasakli
09-17-2016, 12:42 PM
sounds like some idea taken from runescape lmfao

It is lol, just didn't want to mention the game name, but here u go.

No jokes here!!

Thx for saving me :3

kinzmet
09-17-2016, 07:04 PM
A no trade permit, no stash, no party character with 10x drop rate, 10x gold generation, and crates purchasable/opened for gold? That could be fun! I'll race you to 61 ;)

So the teasers are for the new level cap expansion?!!! Wohoooo!!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=155274&d=1473951757

Plqgue
09-17-2016, 07:53 PM
So the teasers are for the new level cap expansion?!!! Wohoooo!!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=155274&d=1473951757

Pls no more lvling

Potato is me
09-17-2016, 09:20 PM
I love hardcore gaming but it just does not work for AL. Maybe if STS makes farming much easier for Ironmans.

You want hardcore? try using legendary gears to reach 10k pvp kills in endgame, or solo elite underhuls with just legendary gears ;)

gunlet
09-18-2016, 02:49 PM
So basically its like new class named ironman...
Sounds interesting :)
( thinking for a ign for ironman toon :P)

EbenevTheMage
09-19-2016, 09:15 PM
MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER ONLINE ROLE PLAYING GAME

I dont understand?

Sent from my S50F using Tapatalk

Vvildfire
09-20-2016, 07:00 AM
Pls no more lvling

*still has a rogue to cap... :D *cries**

Plqgue
09-20-2016, 09:18 AM
*still has a rogue to cap... :D *cries**

Dude I capped two smurfs and a rogue and still have a rogue and a tank to finish I don't think may lazy self is gonna do it

JesuisCharlie
09-20-2016, 09:52 AM
I love the idea and i like play a character and level him with hard rules such as yours ( no CS, epics, green, common gears and legendaries avaible with -5 lvl mythics -10lvl etc of your actual lvl) but i think you can do this by your own and with your account with token character slot so you don't have many account.
For the x10gold, you can always at the end of your play x10 the gold you got with your stashed gold!
But i will appreciate some guide if i don't try to make one myself :)

kinzmet
09-22-2016, 09:47 AM
Pls no more lvling

Sorry, it turns out I'm right :)

Plqgue
09-22-2016, 01:19 PM
Sorry, it turns out I'm right :)
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :pp

gunlet
09-27-2016, 03:42 AM
i love playing different toons different classes and levels...
this idea sounds very interesting...
a ironman can buy lots of plates(lot more thn normal) and farm his own locks and open them for arc weps...
can get nekro from arena(God bless us for fossil drop rate) or craft stampy

Made a rouge "IronDios" wont buy trader permit, auto disabled party invites....
i will use ghost pt if farming becomes easy....
cant promise regular playing since game isnt properly tweaked for it...
maybe devs can tweak non trader permit player's name in little different color :P

tasakli
09-27-2016, 06:10 PM
a ironman can buy lots of plates(lot more thn normal) and farm his own locks and open them for arc weps...
can get nekro from arena(God bless us for fossil drop rate) or craft stampy

cant promise regular playing since game isnt properly tweaked for it...
maybe devs can tweak non trader permit player's name in little different color :P

Would be great. But yes I agree it is not really tweaked for it, as many things are not lootable.

GoodSyntax
09-27-2016, 10:05 PM

I'm in! I would definitely run this mode on a second toon!

luketgage
09-27-2016, 10:18 PM
But if you are ironman from the beginning and don't understand the features or disadvantages this class might have could really mess "newbies" up, if this were to happen I think you should at least have to like have a 40+ or something so you have progress on another account and don't get all the way to endgame to realize that you can't really do anything and have to restart from scratch lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rauitri
12-02-2018, 01:40 PM
Sorry for the bump, but it just so happen this thread is still relevant today. Like as if STS forgot about this thread 2 years ago, and just recently thought about it, and Hardcore mode was born, in my opinion.

Anyways, as like you've said, that if you guys were to make this type of Mode that these changes would take place into consideration.

I agree though, Increase gold and loot drop rates as thats fair for all, and I suggest disabling HC toons to not purchase anything plat related that affect gameplay performance. As of now, this isn't Hardcore if P2W players will just win their place in the lb again, or to gain a massive lead just because they have plat. It really Isolates us F2P players, we were looking forward to this mode as a fair ground battle among all, we thought wrong.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk