PDA

View Full Version : Regarding New Names

Justg
09-16-2016, 10:29 AM
UPDATE:

Any in-use names that were inadvertently released have now been return to their rightful owners. Sorry for the mess folks, it should be all straightened out. Have a great weekend!

- g

Anyona
09-16-2016, 10:31 AM
This was a very unprofessional move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justg
09-16-2016, 10:31 AM
This was a very unprofessional move

It was a mistake Anyona. We were trying to free up some old names for new players. We're sorry and we'll fix it.

Gouiwaa9000
09-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Just askign , my original name was gouiwaa and i changed it to "fps" and later i got re named to ajiizeatan , i was thinking that this is a bug , so i send an email to suport asking for the name "gouiwaa" back. Now that i know its not a glitch , is it possible for me have the name "fps" back?

Twerk
09-16-2016, 10:36 AM
Hi Gary!
What about the names that people already saved but some of them haven't been used by anyone in game for such long time? For example if someone saved the name that was previously banned or someone saved the ign that was unavailable since season 1?
Thanks

Hoardseeker
09-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Sceoralaca is my new IGN , I want hoardseeker ^_^

Wiz8
09-16-2016, 10:37 AM
My current ign was Daddyi I got the original name daddy now I log off for hot sec it renamed to some random I even bought plat ._.

Cross
09-16-2016, 10:39 AM
It was a mistake Anyona. We were trying to free up some old names for new players. We're sorry and we'll fix it.

Making those names available was a bad move IMO. What if those people wanna play again and suddenly their cool names are gone?

donniezhibet
09-16-2016, 10:40 AM
Please fix it sir..

Zeus
09-16-2016, 10:41 AM
Are reserved names unaffected? None of my names got taken.

Justg
09-16-2016, 10:44 AM
Please fix it sir..

We're on it!

Trenton
09-16-2016, 10:44 AM
I hate to be that person... but I've been looking since 2011 in every single one of STS's games for the name "Trenton." Still unable to find it. No one in AL is named Trenton but I somehow couldn't get it. Any thoughts? Is it considered a bad word?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

dinzly
09-16-2016, 10:48 AM
Sceoralaca is my new IGN , I want hoardseeker ^_^
lol u allready hv rare names in your list..no need hoardseeker anymore [emoji13]

Anyona
09-16-2016, 10:49 AM
We're on it!

So are names going to be taken back?

Wiz8
09-16-2016, 10:50 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/b53eaba8d4e32d4750b59607bdbf3d43.jpg someone got ya name Gary lol

epicrrr
09-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Why not let it be? Freed name was a very bad move now there will be name selling everywhere for the vanity names.. free m's no pain! Rekt!

Savagekantus
09-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Lol ! They took just g!

Zylx
09-16-2016, 11:04 AM
Meanwhile, the black market in names is really booming! Players are making tens of millions of gold, and even lots of real cash too! :O

Saud
09-16-2016, 11:04 AM
Thanks sts!
I actually was thinking on this idea of releasing old names to active players
But i knew people will start arguing about it
I got cool ign.. I won't say maybe u guys take it again :p just kiddin'
But we got another proplem now
People are selling names like 40-60 name
For myself i got just 1 name, I don't want to be thirsty for names.
Very big thank you.

dinzly
09-16-2016, 11:08 AM
Lol ! They took just g!
gary take his name back..no more fakeG

Att
09-16-2016, 11:12 AM
Daaaaaaaaamn i hope my names are safe. I havn't update game but don't have time right now wtffff!?!??

New - RK
09-16-2016, 11:13 AM
thanks, i got cool name, cool idea for freed up some unused name :D

Kenzou
09-16-2016, 11:23 AM
Some people are selling alot of IGNs from 300k-1M each
I have proofs :)

Iots
09-16-2016, 11:25 AM
Thanks for some cool names sts :)

octavos
09-16-2016, 11:30 AM
Im safe mwahahaha

Vvildfire
09-16-2016, 11:59 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/b53eaba8d4e32d4750b59607bdbf3d43.jpg someone got ya name Gary lol

Lol! Even the dev names were deleted? Haha

Justg
09-16-2016, 12:01 PM
Mine was safe, but Carapace did get sniped. Thank you for keeping this thread drama-free, and if you did lose your name contact support@spacetimestudios.com with your old and new name. We'll get it fixed up.

Tatman
09-16-2016, 12:06 PM
This was a very bad move in my opinion. It only encourages black market and even real money dealings. Anyway, it's your game, it's your decision. Gratz to the new multi millionaires.

One more thing. All those active people who got their names practically stolen deserve an adequate compensation for their troubles.

Kriticality
09-16-2016, 12:10 PM
Can't log in without people spamming me to buy names. There's gotta be a better way to do this. Roll it back guys.

Roninmoro
09-16-2016, 12:11 PM
Name selling is still completely against the ToS, so please report all cases that you see of that.

Zeus
09-16-2016, 12:13 PM
There's also the issue of name sellers who are selling these new found names. Most of these sellers KNOW that these names were previously owned names that are likely to be reverted. So, it's essentially scamming people.

Anyways, hope y'all will sort it out. If anyone is missing a few names, shoot me a PM. I don't have many but I have a few that may belong to someone else that I'll happily return.

Justg
09-16-2016, 12:14 PM
This was a very bad move in my opinion. It only encourages black market and even real money dealings. Anyway, it's your game, it's your decision. Gratz to the new multi millionaires.

One more thing. All those active people who got their names practically stolen deserve an adequate compensation for their troubles.

Appreciate your opinion. The other side of the coin is there are lots of unused names that people want, so freeing them up allows people to have names that they desire.

Regarding those active players who lost their names, we'll make sure they get their names back.

Hoardseeker
09-16-2016, 12:18 PM
Mine was safe, but Carapace did get sniped. Thank you for keeping this thread drama-free, and if you did lose your name contact support@spacetimestudios.com with your old and new name. We'll get it fixed up.

The one taking Carapace name was me , I'm sorry I just tried it and it worked , But I have registered it with a new account and sent the email and password to carapace in PM . I didn't threaten or Harm or Scam anyone :)

Chuuwee
09-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Er.... someone in my ignore list probably tried to change to justg but failed. He/she switched to justgg instead. Lmao

Visiting
09-16-2016, 12:23 PM
Name selling is still completely against the ToS, so please report all cases that you see of that.

Inb4 a large portion of the community is banned for this ~~

blazerdd
09-16-2016, 12:23 PM
And who do we email about banned accounts?
Im sitting here looking for names and hello. Im banned.

Arlorz
09-16-2016, 12:24 PM
Whats the purpose of having a rare name now..
Everyone has one now lol

Justg
09-16-2016, 12:24 PM
And who do we email about banned accounts?
Im sitting here looking for names and hello. Im banned.

Selling names is against TOS.

Att
09-16-2016, 12:26 PM
Er.... someone in my ignore list probably tried to change to justg but failed. He/she switched to justgg instead. Lmao

Justgg is a good name for pvp hahhaha

Chuuwee
09-16-2016, 12:32 PM
Justgg is a good name for pvp hahhaha

Trololol!

When I looked through ignore list earlier my eyes almost left the socket. I went like "when TH did I ignore a Dev!!!!" I usually pt his name to play solo.

Urm.... what's cara's ign now? I imagine he might do the shiftey-eyes when he login. :P

Gouiwaa9000
09-16-2016, 12:42 PM
we'll make sure they get their names back.

How much time do you think it will take? ( I lost "fps" )

Zulgath
09-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Why is support so slow?:,

Odesláno z mého GT-I9505 pomocí Tapatalk

Fyrce
09-16-2016, 12:43 PM
STS needs to be proactive in reverting names. Why do I have to spend my own time logging into my accounts today when I wont have time until AFTER the office closes??? ALL characters are ACTIVE. Some had their names takens MINITES after logging off. Names of ACTIVE players should be returned without having to ask! I have also posted about this problem in old chat groups because some people take breaks. I have taken breaks before for a few months, where I just log in one toon to check who is on. So is STS happy about creating a problem that can go on for a long time? At least revert old names of ACTIVE players. I have NEVER heard of active player names being "freed" up. Ever.

Justg
09-16-2016, 01:26 PM
STS needs to be proactive in reverting names. Why do I have to spend my own time logging into my accounts today when I wont have time until AFTER the office closes??? ALL characters are ACTIVE. Some had their names takens MINITES after logging off. Names of ACTIVE players should be returned without having to ask! I have also posted about this problem in old chat groups because some people take breaks. I have taken breaks before for a few months, where I just log in one toon to check who is on. So is STS happy about creating a problem that can go on for a long time? At least revert old names of ACTIVE players. I have NEVER heard of active player names being "freed" up. Ever.

No need to log into accounts, early this morning we turned off the functionality that was mistakenly freeing up names that have been in use. Of course we are not happy about this, and we are working on fixing it asap.

Gouiwaa9000
09-16-2016, 01:30 PM
Thank you for restoring my plat... Only tough.....

Lol

resurrected
09-16-2016, 01:39 PM
I lost name long time ago. What now ill lost it again?

Iockedcrate
09-16-2016, 01:43 PM
dunno bout u guys but i got many names lel

Arlorz
09-16-2016, 02:04 PM
dunno bout u guys but i got many names lel

Gratz to you but nobody cares.
What STS did was not right and i clearly disagree with releasing names who were already in use.
Once a name is mine, it should be mine until the game is shut down.

Fyrce
09-16-2016, 02:14 PM
Sorry STS, but this was a ridiculous move. A few months ago, I logged into my old Maple Story account, which had been set to inactive since I had not logged on in about 3 years. It was still good. Before that, it had been inactive for 2 years and that time, also still good. It is super rare for an RPG gaming company to actively change people's names, much less the names of active people. As I said, some of my names were taken minutes after I logged off those characters. I am sorry for feeling and stating this, but this was a ridiculous event.

Fearrr
09-16-2016, 02:16 PM
Welp thought I would finally be able to get rid of all these OP R's lol. Guess it's still in use.

blazerdd
09-16-2016, 02:20 PM
Sorry STS, but this was a ridiculous move. A few months ago, I logged into my old Maple Story account, which had been set to inactive since I had not logged on in about 3 years. It was still good. Before that, it had been inactive for 2 years and that time, also still good. It is super rare for an RPG gaming company to actively change people's names, much less the names of active people. As I said, some of my names were taken minutes after I logged off those characters. I am sorry for feeling and stating this, but this was a ridiculous event.

IMO, they should've limited the number of new characters a person could make before the release of the names. We all know that the people that first found this out have a ton of great names, whilst the late arrivers get nothing. If this were going to be for everyone, it should've been limited.

Also, for the people that get 10+ good names, when would you ever use them? We know good and well that they will be sold, and most likely will have no consequence. Line is pretty busy, you know. And if you say that your'e going to use them on alts, when would you ever need 10 alts, unless you "farm"...

Just my 2 cents.

Zeus
09-16-2016, 02:36 PM
IMO, they should've limited the number of new characters a person could make before the release of the names. We all know that the people that first found this out have a ton of great names, whilst the late arrivers get nothing. If this were going to be for everyone, it should've been limited.

Also, for the people that get 10+ good names, when would you ever use them? We know good and well that they will be sold, and most likely will have no consequence. Line is pretty busy, you know. And if you say that your'e going to use them on alts, when would you ever need 10 alts, unless you "farm"...

Just my 2 cents.

Story tokens.

Korabiv
09-16-2016, 02:47 PM

Just my 2 cents.

Totally agree. Just logging on now and already everything is gone. This was basically a jackpot for everyone who was able to be online when this was annouced and unfair to everyone who was busy. It angers me to see so many people running around with original names knowing that the only reason I don't have one is cuz I was working. Many people will hoard these names and never use them. Lucky for everyone who could log on then, unlucky for those who couldn't.

Niixed
09-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Personally I have no problem with game names having an expiration date based on last activity, but they should be *advertised* as such. Please don't neglect to communicate these things with players!

Justg
09-16-2016, 03:58 PM
UPDATE:

Any in-use names that were inadvertently released have now been return to their rightful owners. Sorry for the mess folks, it should be all straightened out. Have a great weekend!

- g

Ladypanda
09-16-2016, 04:07 PM
when will we got our plat back?

Fyrce
09-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Um, last activity is 1 minute ago? Please don't talk about expiration dates unless you are talking about months!

octavos
09-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Um, last activity is 1 minute ago? Please don't talk about expiration dates unless you are talking about months!

common fryce, it was a simple mistake. you know how sts works. (you have been playing for a long time) it happened that other names were included by accident.

I would be angry also, but devs will things right. they wont take a name that you got by force..unless you were banned lol.

i still remember the "Love" fiasco

Justg
09-16-2016, 04:13 PM
common fryce, it was a simple mistake. you know how sts works. (you have been playing for a long time) it happened that other names were included by accident.
I would be angry also, but devs will things right.

Should be all good now, please check and let me know if not. Plat should have been refunded if you renamed one of the inadvertently released names.

octavos
09-16-2016, 04:14 PM
Should be all good now, please check and let me know if not. Plat should have been refunded if you renamed one of the inadvertently released names.

im good bud, all ok with my account.

Korabiv
09-16-2016, 04:15 PM

So are all names final now? Or is there still a chance to lose new names?

Anyona
09-16-2016, 04:17 PM

Haven't received a refundhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/618ac49a916edbc5404a3a7139a2dc61.jpg

Fyrce
09-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Yes, it actually looks good so far, but I haven't gone back to check on everything yet. But since all of mine were active, I think I should be good. I'm keeping some old people informed though, in case they need to come back and check.

And I agree, octavos. I don't care if STS releases the names of people who've been banned long term. I care a little bit about people who have been inactive for a very long time, mostly because I have played other rpgs where I go inactive and go back, but probably if long-term inactives are renamed, that is not a very big issue. The majority of those will never return.

The biggest problem here, obviously, was the sniping of active names. However, it appears that problem has been remedied.

jikaiky
09-16-2016, 04:25 PM
Its ok to back the old name. But how about, i bought 30 Platinum in store. Cost 248 pesos to change my name. Then suddely back my original name. So what will happen to my 30 Platinum? ... i just want to refund my platinum. Thats all. Please fix this. Thankyou sts.

Korabiv
09-16-2016, 04:45 PM
What if we now own a rare name and the original owner comes back in a month? Who get the name? What if that person comes back in a year?

yubaraj
09-16-2016, 04:46 PM
People knew this was a bug and some were abusing it. Shouldn't they be punished?

Most of the time STS let it slide which is encouraging players to foul play.

Blueexorcists
09-16-2016, 04:51 PM
Will STS be able to give me back a name that I know for sure is on a inactive account since i was the original owner?😫

Ardbeg
09-16-2016, 04:52 PM
I never cared about this name trading thing, because in my naive view it is the player that fills the name with value by his skills, deeds and reputation, not the other way around.
That being said, this action should have been announced longer upfront, so more people would have had a shot at their favourite name and not just a few, lucky enough to be online, taking advantage of it. It's like fighting fire with fire and both fires win.

Arojiks
09-16-2016, 06:38 PM
UPDATE:

- g

Haven't received a refund. Follow up, please. Thankyou

Areze
09-16-2016, 07:25 PM
I know STS meant well with trying to free up names...
But the same exact thing happened that people complained about before, a select few owning basically all of the good names. But now instead of inactive players owning the best names, it's active players hoarding 10+ cool names
In reality, this is just a repeat of the same problem they were trying to fix.
This is basically a representation of one step forward, two steps back.
But anyway gratz to those that managed to get at least one good one :smile:

Creepiest
09-16-2016, 10:19 PM
So many change in my friend list @.@ cool great names xD :0

Zylx
09-16-2016, 10:30 PM
I never cared about this name trading thing, because in my naive view it is the player that fills the name with value by his skills, deeds and reputation, not the other way around.
That being said, this action should have been announced longer upfront, so more people would have had a shot at their favourite name and not just a few, lucky enough to be online, taking advantage of it. It's like fighting fire with fire and both fires win.

I agree. It would have gone better if STS announced something like this a week beforehand to allow other players the opportunity to get a really cool name. Rather than letting someone discover it and hoard all the names they could before news quietly breaks out. Now we have a few people selling 50+ names in a shady event meant to collect from character slot and rename sales. This was very disorganized and unprofessional, and it angers me that no warning was given prior. I hope in the future that STS would communicate more and allow people to be prepared.

That being said, what's going to happen when someone who played a year ago and comes back to see their name is gone?

gunlet
09-16-2016, 11:29 PM
Releasing names was very positive idea but problem is most of old senior players have stocked many names and they want them to be stocked ..

Go to a town and 99% of players will be having some thing like "imknightofdark" or "fieseoruas" I.e. system generated names.

Its required to release original proper names , but if majority wants to keep all names stocked then sts should make a modification Like allowing new characters "space" in naming. You can limit its use to a single space.
Do it sts and introduce a renaming kit like you introduced keys for limited time .

Potato is me
09-16-2016, 11:41 PM
Releasing names was very positive idea but problem is most of old senior players have stocked many names and they want them to be stocked ..

Go to a town and 99% of players will be having some thing like "imknightofdark" or "fieseoruas" I.e. system generated names.

Its required to release original proper names , but if majority wants to keep all names stocked then sts should make a modification Like allowing new characters "space" in naming. You can limit its use to a single space.
Do it sts and introduce a renaming kit like you introduced keys for limited time .

Or they could do it like this:
Renaming still cost 30 plats
After you rename, you get a name kit in your inventory which contains your previous ign
E.g. Potato renames to Tomato with 30 plats
Goes to inv, finds a TRADABLE/STASHABLE "Rename Kit: Potato" Which renames your char to the stated ign on the kit
But when you open the rename kit, let's say on Tomato again, "Tomato" won't become a name kit anymore, you will need to reserve it

gunlet
09-16-2016, 11:47 PM
Or they could do it like this:
Renaming still cost 30 plats
After you rename, you get a name kit in your inventory which contains your previous ign
E.g. Potato renames to Tomato with 30 plats
Goes to inv, finds a TRADABLE/STASHABLE "Rename Kit: Potato" Which renames your char to the stated ign on the kit
But when you open the rename kit, let's say on Tomato again, "Tomato" won't become a name kit anymore, you will need to reserve it

Lol I mean kit for plats.. Many people will like to rename and platbuyers can make money like they make with keys and luck kits.

Jexit
09-16-2016, 11:49 PM
Wth a rogue in game told me she has 30 original names in her list ! I have none! And their selling the names for more than 2m each :(

Jexil

Creepiest
09-16-2016, 11:57 PM
Ign thief *-*

Kenzou
09-17-2016, 12:09 AM
One of the people who sell names

Cinder.
09-17-2016, 12:17 AM

Just my 2 cents.

Planning to change name monthly, this is a good event for sts to generate revenue as it gets ppl spending plats

PEMA
09-17-2016, 01:00 AM
I deleted some chars to make space and reserve igns. If the names get reverted, will all my chars be deleted?

dinzly
09-17-2016, 01:02 AM
I deleted some chars to make space and reserve igns. If the names get reverted, will all my chars be deleted?
nope..those chars will get random names

Kingslaughter
09-17-2016, 02:31 AM
Aaaw i missed read this thread...i should read forum everyday lol....grats to people got their new name -_-

Iots
09-17-2016, 05:05 AM
Wth a rogue in game told me she has 30 original names in her list ! I have none! And their selling the names for more than 2m each :(

Jexil

You can report sts if they selling names :p

Gouiwaa9000
09-17-2016, 05:38 AM
Really? I got refunded -30 plat , send an email to support to get the amount i need and got exactly +30 leaving me with nothing -_-

Kingslaughter
09-17-2016, 05:45 AM
You can report sts if they selling names :p

Yeah u must report that rogue...so she/he can get banned...and we can try searchin ign that still available after he get ban lol

PEMA
09-17-2016, 05:48 AM
nope..those chars will get random names
STS Should give free rename because of this :( I dont like a random name :(

Iockedcrate
09-17-2016, 06:00 AM
tradable rename kits is the solution for all

Hack™
09-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Is it possible to request a ign on this thread since I had a ign on one of my s2 sub email accs which I forgot email and password to it😧, (I'm only asking this because with all these names resurging which of course are mostly s1 )

Fightbeast
09-17-2016, 10:25 AM
In my honest opinion this was a great move by sts. Allowing people to have a chance at old classic names is like a dream come true for many players. To everyone saying that it was a wrong move, even i disagree and get angry with sts on lots of issues, but you guys are like one of those people who are never satisfied with anything you get. Many a times people have demanded in forums for a chance at the names old inactive players had reserved for themselves; and sts made it available to you ( I do agree however, how they proceeded with it was wrong, this could have been communicated to the players beforehand so as to avoid the drama that ensued after the update. Hopefully it gets solved soon).

Fyrce
09-17-2016, 11:39 AM
Way way back, most names were taken by players who were just playing and making characters. Today, most of these names are taken by sellers who will hoard, sell and scam. How is this better?

Sorayai
09-17-2016, 11:41 AM
There is problem with new character when u create.
When u tap on button to change default name, function just dont do it....
Idk maybe that can be fixed?

Iockedcrate
09-17-2016, 12:14 PM
then sts should make something like name kits
each name kit contains a specific name,for example God. So you have a stashable,tradable chest called "Name Kit: God" in your inventory and when you open it your current name changes into God and you receive a chest that contains your old name , so no more scams lol.

Kenzou
09-17-2016, 01:40 PM
then sts should make something like name kits
each name kit contains a specific name,for example God. So you have a stashable,tradable chest called "Name Kit: God" in your inventory and when you open it your current name changes into God and you receive a chest that contains your old name , so no more scams lol.

Looks like u r one of the players who hoarded names and wanna sell it

Arlorz
09-17-2016, 01:44 PM
time to quit... devs became unpredictable, nothing is save anymore

BloodxBite
09-17-2016, 05:37 PM
is slitting an acceptable name because ive been using it a while

bibeolli
09-17-2016, 06:23 PM
sts why not send an email to the owner before deleting them ign ? what if they were on duty and returned to play 1-2 years?

bibeolli
09-17-2016, 06:27 PM
i got many pm in game, someone selling good names...

Lethoiun
09-17-2016, 08:03 PM
UPDATE:

- g

So you guys are allowing people to hoard a bunch of names and sell them?

Potato is me
09-17-2016, 09:00 PM

Annoying....

looks like someone is sad his sign isn't unique anymore XD

Anyways, if dev is not gonna make name kits happen, they could impose name unchangeable for 3 months after rename/creation and make each and every character have a clock in quota per half a year, characters (not accounts) who doesnt play more than 1 week (168 hours) within that time period will automatically be renamed, this will solve those hoarding problems, making hoarding name a chore espescially those who hoard 50 over names.

Roninmoro
09-17-2016, 09:40 PM
Again, selling names is against the TOS and will result in a ban. Report all name selling you see. If your name issue has not been resolved, let us know.
Please keep feedback constructive and respectful- we're here and listening to see how to improve in the future!

I also want you guys to keep in mind- this isn't someone vindictively going in and messing with your names. It was an accident, we've apologized, and are doing everything to fix what went wrong. Harassing and berating staff won't really help, so please be civil- though we REALLY understand why you're upset, we do!

Kingslaughter
09-18-2016, 02:21 AM
Hi ronin...if someone get banned and he has many name....so that name will be available again to use by other who get that name first rite?

Awwshow
09-18-2016, 02:42 AM
Totally agreed just go to exp camp and see who has new names etc snake,master,major,navy,int,and many more its horror,purge, :////// maybe sts love em so much

Chuuwee
09-18-2016, 02:48 AM
I don't get why people are so obsessed with names in AL. Seriously those names doesn't represent who you are. The skills, your attitude and how you carry yourselves in the game and community leaves much more impact. People will remember you for that. But this is only my opinion. People might not agree.

Zeus
09-18-2016, 03:15 AM
Hi ronin...if someone get banned and he has many name....so that name will be available again to use by other who get that name first rite?

Banned names don't get cleared.

Awwshow
09-18-2016, 04:34 AM

Ever? It should if perma bann :/

Kenzou
09-18-2016, 04:42 AM
IGN sellers must be ban and names that they hoarded must be clear.

Ansm
09-18-2016, 04:50 AM
We have our own opinions but I must request that, you should get back the names on the real owners as soon as possible. (Other people took it for granted and had a chance to sell them or even scam) Someone says that "Allowing people to have a chance at old classic names is like a dream come true", Yes it is. But have you ever think that they have the rights to keep it because they are the one who used it first. It's not their fault if other people want their names. First come first serve.

Awwshow
09-18-2016, 04:51 AM

IGN sellers must be ban and names that they hoarded must be clear.

Go to traders markett and see post sell names ....but justice once will come its against rules ...i dont mind who get one for them to play on it but sell iits different kind of story

Awwshow
09-18-2016, 04:53 AM
[QUOTE=Ansm;2586053]We have our own opinions but I must request that, you should get back the names on the real owners as soon as possible. (Other people took it for granted and had a chance to sell them or even scam) Someone says that "Allowing people to have a chance at old classic names is like a dream come true", Yes it is. But have you ever think that they have the rights to keep it because they are the one who used it first. It's not their fault if other people want their names. First come first serve. [QUOTE=Ansm;2586053]

Agreed !! Its theirs :/

Zeus
09-18-2016, 05:01 AM
Ever? It should if perma bann :/

From what I've seen? No, they remain banned.

resurrected
09-18-2016, 05:07 AM
Imo only hoarder nick should be banned and names they hold should be available. I myself know someone who holds around 50 original names... nah its not fair but what we can do...

hardcore
09-18-2016, 05:08 AM
I will not buy names.

Awwshow
09-18-2016, 05:50 AM
From what I've seen? No, they remain banned.

Yeag to bad on that one . Perma bann , (they are not coming back ) .

Hallweeen
09-18-2016, 06:23 AM

Stop crying so much .-. It happened and you can't change it. Let it be. Some of those names were level 1 anyways. And the possibility of those players playing again is very low so who cares

Creepiest
09-18-2016, 07:29 AM
Stop crying so much .-. It happened and you can't change it. Let it be. Some of those names were level 1 anyways. And the possibility of those players playing again is very low so who cares

U don't get the point .

Kenzou
09-18-2016, 07:29 AM
Caught this guy xD

Astrea
09-18-2016, 07:43 AM
I am feeling upset and jealous right now. Most of my guildmate hoard bunch of names and sold it, some say he/she earned 10m by selling 2 names... Wtf? To STS: This is really a very very bad mistake and very unprofessional move. Why? First of all these people are earning money by stoling and selling others name and secondly why would you do something like this unannounced?

You should released an event that could fill this unfair hole in arlor! Something that all people can both benefit and enjoy it and still make some profit out of it. Honestly, seeing all of these unexpected turn of events in AL making me want to quit the game.. This exploit sounds unfair for me.

Awwshow
09-18-2016, 08:06 AM

Its stealing of identify and unfair earnings and credits and no one almost from us "noobs" didnt even know !! All this is matter like idc bout guys from purge and horror they named their mains lol but thosse like this guy show ss who sells and noone doing anything from sts :/

im poor boy
09-18-2016, 08:19 AM
what TOS means?

resurrected
09-18-2016, 08:41 AM
what TOS means?
Terms Of Service.
AKA rules

Ssneakykills
09-18-2016, 09:35 AM
Talk about digging yourself a hole. Dig your way out of this one sts. I certainly wouldn't be happy if I had a old rare name that was taken from a errors of yours.

Zynzyn
09-18-2016, 09:41 AM
Talk about digging yourself a hole. Dig your way out of this one sts. I certainly wouldn't be happy if I had a old rare name that was taken from a errors of yours.

They have already reverted the active igns that were out by mistake. If your in-use name was taken by mistake, you can email support with details and they will check the records and resolve the issue. My friend's problem was solved when sts reverted the name recently too.

Lets move on.:onthego:

Hercules
09-18-2016, 10:53 AM
I must be clear, all my names are safe. But if you find in game someone called hercules in the game, that is not me. Hercules is only my forum name, because my ING in game is other different name.

Zozobanafea
09-18-2016, 12:30 PM
I can change my name for keys? 🚬

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Kenzou
09-18-2016, 12:45 PM
I can change my name for keys? ��

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No, u cant
Keys are only use for opening Locked Crates

Iockedcrate
09-18-2016, 12:58 PM
i can change my name for keys? ��

sent from my galaxy nexus using tapatalk

brilliant idea
+999999999

Fyrce
09-18-2016, 02:45 PM
I think the problem is not old names being reused. It is how this came about, i.e. the implementation. Once a few people figured out that all names were available, off they went to hoard them and then sell them. Perhaps IF STS decides to do this again, it can be a rolled release. Like on day one, names in inactive accounts from 500 days ago are released; on day 2, names from 499 days ago, ... This way most names are not avail, which would discourage the hoggers and sellers and give everyone a chance at a good find. On any one day, very fews names would be possible, which does not give a great return to the strict merchers.

Awwshow
09-18-2016, 02:48 PM
Soera i think in Ruizhe had the point in my topic ...its like vanity and if u are terrible at playin what for u need cool name ...ill stay out of this one from now on have my acc and who cares actually :/

Amicusdei
09-18-2016, 03:54 PM
my position is that this has triggered a few ppl to speak up for tos violators and those who abandoned the game long ago, neither of which cares or needs defending.
current players who lost names have had them restored.
i believe most of the responses have been out of jealousy because they didn't get a chance at a name they wanted.
pretending to be outraged on behalf of "owners" of abandoned accounts, tos violations, and scamming is disingenuous and hypocritical.

i'm not saying sts did right or wrong, i'm only questioning the motives and sincerity of the complainers.

like i said in another post before they got scattered, before this no one cared about names other ppl have.
now everyone cares about names other ppl have.

the classic car example posited by sneaky doesn't work at all.
when you buy a car there is a transfer of ownership. it becomes yours to do with what you will.
there is no transfer of ownership here.
you can't borrow a car with the expectation of no one ever coming to get it, regardless of how much or little you use it.
it will always belong to someone else.

Eagleye
09-18-2016, 04:14 PM
my position is that this has triggered a few ppl to speak up for tos violators and those who abandoned the game long ago, neither of which cares or needs defending.
current players who lost names have had them restored.
i believe most of the responses have been out of jealousy because they didn't get a chance at a name they wanted.
pretending to be outraged on behalf of "owners" of abandoned accounts, tos violations, and scamming is disingenuous and hypocritical.

i'm not saying sts did right or wrong, i'm only questioning the motives and sincerity of the complainers.

like i said in another post before they got scattered, before this no one cared about names other ppl have.
now everyone cares about names other ppl have.

the classic car example posited by sneaky doesn't work at all.
when you buy a car there is a transfer of ownership. it becomes yours to do with what you will.
there is no transfer of ownership here.
you can't borrow a car with the expectation of no one ever coming to get it, regardless of how much or little you use it.
it will always belong to someone else.

-_-. I really don't feel like typing this all over but the reason you claim why majority are upset is just outright wrong.
It has to do with people using Marcos taking advantage of a broken tos policy and making insane amounts of gold while some of us legit players have to earn our keep the honest way. If you don't understand that then your truly playing the devils advocate because either A-You yourself scored a bunch of names or B-you have nothing better to do.
Like I said in a previous thread in response to your accusations, this has to do with the honest players getting screwed over while the cheater gets rewarded. And once again makes alot of people like myself question why they are playing by the rules farming for hours to earn chump change when we could be dirty and put in little to no effort and make 10fold as much. There is no rebuttle to that, the proof is in the pudding
Sts claims its against terms of service but until I see proof of that the rule is nothing more then a false threat

Zeus
09-18-2016, 04:38 PM
-_-. I really don't feel like typing this all over but the reason you claim why majority are upset is just outright wrong.
It has to do with people using Marcos taking advantage of a broken tos policy and making insane amounts of gold while some of us legit players have to earn our keep the honest way. If you don't understand that then your truly playing the devils advocate because either A-You yourself scored a bunch of names or B-you have nothing better to do.
Like I said in a previous thread in response to your accusations, this has to do with the honest players getting screwed over while the cheater gets rewarded. And once again makes alot of people like myself question why they are playing by the rules farming for hours to earn chump change when we could be dirty and put in little to no effort and make 10fold as much. There is no rebuttle to that, the proof is in the pudding
Sts claims its against terms of service but until I see proof of that the rule is nothing more then a false threat

If you want, there's a name contest in the contest section for those who did not get a cool name. I'm giving away 6 awesome names in that contest.

Eagleye
09-18-2016, 04:52 PM
If you want, there's a name contest in the contest section for those who did not get a cool name. I'm giving away 6 awesome names in that contest.

That's very generous of you to do but its just the principle that bugs me about this whole ordeal. When lists on chats groups are exceeding 10+ "desirable" names wheeling and dealing in the abyss we call the black market it just makes me question why is it against tos when clearly people are open endedly selling left and right making a killing with no reprocussions... I just don't get it I guess

Amicusdei
09-18-2016, 05:11 PM
If you didn't have something before, and now you still don't have that something, how did you get screwed?
Sts unscrewed anyone that got screwed by restoring lost names to active players.

Why is it that when you voice an opinion, its legitimate, but when I do it I'm incorrect and have nothing better to do?
The threads I've seen are full of jealousy over missing out, I even quoted one in a previous post.
If my motives for posting can be questioned, can't theirs as well?

If you're not one of the people I'm talking about, then I'm not talking about you, am I?

elitwarrio
09-18-2016, 05:38 PM
Ppl r so funny lol. Like if the names sale started with this update only. I think 90% of plŕyers who r active got a decent ign with this update i think is a nice thing idk why u always complain.

Eagleye
09-18-2016, 05:42 PM
If you didn't have something before, and now you still don't have that something, how did you get screwed?
Sts unscrewed anyone that got screwed by restoring lost names to active players.

Why is it that when you voice an opinion, its legitimate, but when I do it I'm incorrect and have nothing better to do?
The threads I've seen are full of jealousy over missing out, I even quoted one in a previous post.
If my motives for posting can be questioned, can't theirs as well?

If you're not one of the people I'm talking about, then I'm not talking about you, am I?

its the point that myself and many others choose to follow the rules and barely gain an inch opposed to the exploiters that knowingly break the rules and gain 10miles ddaily with little to no punishment . I really can't wrap my finger around why your defending people gaining mass wealth by breaking the tos...can you please explain that? Fair is fair is it not? So tell me what's fair about players sniping dozens of names at a time using 3rd party software only to turn around and sell them and make a profit? Does it not say that's against tos?
And your right alot of people are jealous as they should be, they didn't break tos, they arnt openly selling names on line and other social media outlets ..so how is this fair to them? You question sincerity when there is nothing to be sincere about. Selling names is against the rules bottom line case closed. The tos are there for a reason are they not? You seem to not understand the frustration in legitimate players constantly fighting for scraps while the cheaters sit on their thrones throwing bread crumbs at our feet.

This is by far the largest surge of name selling ever. multiple players having dozens of "desirable" names once again knowingly breaking the rules making millions with no reprocussions.
And just to be clear im content with all my names. Didn't even attempt to make new igns when I heard about this.. im just sick of people capitalizing on exploits and not having to face the reaper .The rules are there for a reason its about time sts starts enforcing some of them

Amicusdei
09-18-2016, 06:18 PM
I'm not defending anyone, except maybe sts for exercising their rights over their property.
And I really don't disagree with you.
I'm just not really bothered by this kind of thing.
But I do enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy and flawed logic that we've seen over the last few days, not by you, but the ones who would gladly participate in the actions they are condemning at the moment, if only they'd gotten the chance.

I'm confident sts will find a solution and maybe punish some tos violators.

Potato is me
09-18-2016, 06:24 PM
People who missed the event: Cries because they see others earning gold and they did not

Hoarders: Some are actively selling names, some actively scamming, Some not happy they didnt hoard enough, Some too scared of snipers to do anything

STS: Thought everyone would be happy, old names released, they earn money from plat renames, we get nice names to go along with our farm and pvp

If only names are released in contest form like weekly raffles in game or on forum, the chaos would have been alleviated

But since the damage is already done, i think everyone should move on and be contented with what they have or ignore what others got, because you dont lose any gold nor plats nor items

The only problem here is jealousy.

Eagleye
09-18-2016, 07:08 PM
People who missed the event: Cries because they see others earning gold and they did not

Hoarders: Some are actively selling names, some actively scamming, Some not happy they didnt hoard enough, Some too scared of snipers to do anything

STS: Thought everyone would be happy, old names released, they earn money from plat renames, we get nice names to go along with our farm and pvp

If only names are released in contest form like weekly raffles in game or on forum, the chaos would have been alleviated

But since the damage is already done, i think everyone should move on and be contented with what they have or ignore what others got, because you dont lose any gold nor plats nor items

The only problem here is jealousy.

Should people not be jealous that Tos violators have and will continue to take advantage of this flawed system making hella bank in the process...while the legitimates stand around questioning why they have been legit in the first place? The only problem here isn't jealously, its fairness.
I really hope sts learns from this and crackdowns on the name trading. .as I've said mutpile times if they dont then they should really consider erraticating it from the Tos all together.

Horme
09-18-2016, 07:43 PM

Do you have hades? I will join the contest if you did.

Zeus
09-18-2016, 07:53 PM
Do you have hades? I will join the contest if you did.

No, I don't have Hades. I don't need to host the contest nor am I asking for anyone's participation. I don't gain anything out of it. If you don't want to participate, that's more than fine by me. Nobody is forcing you to. :)

Vroxi
09-19-2016, 07:36 AM

Hahahaha lol[emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

gunlet
09-19-2016, 01:07 PM
As said before...just lets allow single "space" in name and there will be thousands of new awesome names...
And as for black market... Ign prices dill decrease dramatically I.e. demand and supply rule...

Why would I pay 5-10 for ign thor if I can have "captain america" or "last samurai" "king Kong" etc etc

Atten
09-19-2016, 03:56 PM
STS should have made an announcement about what was going to happen. I don't know what you really try to achieve according to your last moves.

Chrissam
09-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Damn I lost my first acc n ign 'Chrisam' years ago for guest acc n Support said 'they can't help me' oh that Chad guy! My current ign is with 2's. All this happened, feel like there's no getting back my original. How sad.

Hiocade
09-19-2016, 08:02 PM
I don't understand the big deal with names honestly.

Chrissam
09-20-2016, 01:21 AM
I don't understand the big deal with names honestly.

Ofc can be big deal. Represent yourself or remembered by. Who wouldn't want something cool also?! Wouldn't settle for a generated name like Geebajiju now would u?! :D

Chuuwee
09-20-2016, 03:21 AM
I still don't get it but I'll burst out laughing if I see ign Babaji or Babajiblackmagiclove lmao
Though we will never see the 2nd ign becoz of character limit. :P

Marlon Macapinlac
09-20-2016, 05:23 AM
so many selling ign in fb. ban them pls

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

chorba69
09-24-2016, 03:40 AM
So, are we getting our old names back?
Already wrote a ticket to support but no answer for a week...

Elf
09-24-2016, 02:09 PM
Hi all im come back :3
Too many new features ingame make me frustation :v like a newbie

Ladyspeedstick
09-26-2016, 01:49 AM
Old names that haven't been used in let's say 2 years.....gone now? Or will account still live?

Kidosmash
10-11-2016, 02:46 AM
Kidosmash please 😂

butterflyao
10-14-2016, 04:54 PM
Amazing stuff.

Ginnygog
11-15-2016, 06:19 PM
I'm gonna be changing my name sometime soon ...so I may be back here complaining 0.0