PDA

View Full Version : Skill Idea:

WoundedEagle
09-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Okay for some reason, I am bursting with ideas. I was hanging out yesterday and BAM! I had an idea. Why are all skills done before you are level 30? I mean, there was the original skills, and then when the cap increased, there was no expansion of skill add. I think skills should be more carefully placed. One new skill every five or so levels. Or, leave it the way it is and add new skills that can be learned while deleting another move. This brings us to being able to buy skills for platinum in the platinum store. Basically this whole idea is derived from my Pokemon years..

thoughts?

-we

Cascade
09-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Aha! Love it! Other MMOs also do this.

Moogerfooger
09-19-2011, 10:22 PM
I am not sure if I am misreading, but I picked up a new skill at 28 (I think it was) and still have one open slot for a future skill at 30+.

SUPAPRODIGY
09-19-2011, 10:36 PM
I am not sure if I am misreading, but I picked up a new skill at 28 (I think it was) and still have one open slot for a future skill at 30+.

Agree^ an disagree with Wound dont want to mess up my spree and many players would quit because the Exp is too high and they want to see more Skills

Otukura
09-19-2011, 10:43 PM

You talking about SL? This is PL :p

WoundedEagle
09-20-2011, 05:58 AM
Look, I already no this idea won't be very liked but the skill gain/placement is awful. We have had the same moves since ancient swamps came out. You just want the devs to up our skills to 7? That's an awful idea. There is no change and nothing to make it more lively.

Xazic
09-20-2011, 06:10 AM
Not a bad idea, i think... Atleast now when everyone in PvP have the exactly same builds -.-"

Crunchee
09-20-2011, 06:22 AM
It would be nice if the skills have completely different looks and effects when reaching a certain level. :)

Moogerfooger
09-20-2011, 06:33 AM
You talking about SL? This is PL :p

DOH! Epic fail on my part, lol. Not enough coffee/Red Bull/HoHos. Thks, I will slink off to a dark corner now....

Navygreen
09-20-2011, 08:03 AM
New skill would be cool!

WhoIsThis
09-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Look, I already no this idea won't be very liked but the skill gain/placement is awful. We have had the same moves since ancient swamps came out. You just want the devs to up our skills to 7? That's an awful idea. There is no change and nothing to make it more lively.

Why is it an awful idea? As others have mentioned, people have very similar skill builds now.

This isn't a zero-sum game here.

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 09:57 AM
yeah its a cool idea... Why not skills increased to lvl 20 lets say?

WoundedEagle
09-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Why is it an awful idea? As others have mentioned, people have very similar skill builds now.

This isn't a zero-sum game here.
If this idea was to happen, skill points would not be necessary....

Zerious
09-20-2011, 05:02 PM

that and it would mean the game is based on stats and gear. There would also be a much less diverse pool of available builds.

If it were me, I'd say TECH TREES!!! MAKE SUBCLASSES!!!

WhoIsThis
09-20-2011, 06:00 PM

On the contrary, skill points will always remain necessary. By posting what you just said, I think that you are remaining willfully ignorant to any alternatives to your suggestion.

If a new skill is introduced, the debate on how many points to invest in each skill will always remain. The only difference is that we will now have 13 skills from which to choose where to put points in rather than 12.

I very firmly feel that increasing the point cap to 7 is a good option. It's also much more probable that it will be implemented than a 13th skill.

WoundedEagle
09-20-2011, 09:28 PM
On the contrary, skill points will always remain necessary. By posting what you just said, I think that you are remaining willfully ignorant to any alternatives to your suggestion.

If a new skill is introduced, the debate on how many points to invest in each skill will always remain. The only difference is that we will now have 13 skills from which to choose where to put points in rather than 12.

I very firmly feel that increasing the point cap to 7 is a good option. It's also much more probable that it will be implemented than a 13th skill.
Actually, my point was if there is a 3-5 gap between skill gain in an adjustment, at level 5 all skill points would be on one skill, so unless skills develop over time with use and ability, Skill Points are obselete.

-we

Moogerfooger
09-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Having tech trees/subclasses like many other MMO games would provide a lot more build diversity, than any fiddling with skill points with the current set of skills, or even adding a 13th....if you are looking for build diversity.

WhoIsThis' suggestion of upping to 7 may not be a "smexy" answer or what you want to hear, but given that Nuri (and I'm guessing Mt. Fang) mobs have more armor and WAAAAAAAAAAY more hp than any normal mobs before, having more powerful skills at 7 to match said armor/hp increase is pretty logical. No, does not diversify builds, but it could be effective and simple.

Edit: If hypothetically tech trees popped up, that could be a whole lot of new skills, which would be a win!

Shellkaz
09-21-2011, 08:15 PM
I like the idea. For example. I'm a Mage. I like the class. I think that it would be cool to be able to run a Mage that was strictly a damage dealer. AOE all the way or maybe have a single one shot mega damage attack with a correspondingly long recharge time, and to have one that is primarily heal/buff. Right now in another 10 levels I'll have maxed out all the skills that really NEED to be maxed. Or allow us to put more than 6 points in a single skill.

I'm thinking about the skills and spell choices I get when I play my table top rpg games. I can roll up any number of characters and each of them are different because of choices I make during creation and during the course of the the game.

Variety it's the spice of life!!!

LyrrLynn enchantress.

Silentarrow
09-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Agreed that we need more skills! Hopeully skill trees will be added in the future!

maneatingtree
09-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Maybe they need requirements for certain skills for example if ur a warbird u could get some sort of bear skill like iron blood or beckon if u have say 120 str but would consequencly loose out on an archer skill like focus

Zerious
09-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Maybe they need requirements for certain skills for example if ur a warbird u could get some sort of bear skill like iron blood or beckon if u have say 120 str but would consequencly loose out on an archer skill like focus

mmmmmm... I disagree... stat-influenced skills would defy the purpose of classes. Then we'd just have int-bears everywhere because they've got 600 base health AND can heal... That's how I look at it... so that's a no from me...

halamance
09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
hm.. i think what we reallly really need is much much more procs, for everything even armor and much more equips with it :) instead of one superior set