PDA

View Full Version : Who do you find more annoying?

stevieoopsie
09-20-2011, 12:31 AM
Mages that don't heal or bears that don't tank? Personally I think mages that don't heal that constantly ask for bears to tank and bears that don't tank that constantly ask mages to heal are equally annoying and should be booted by any sensible host.

Riccits
09-20-2011, 12:53 AM
if mages dont heal, ok, i can use pots... bears wich dont tank, not ok, time lots, pots lost, deaths guarenteed.
since the multiple guides of tanks on forum the global situation is a better than before. at least bears try to tank. but only a few does it really good...

mages wich heal even they dont need for themselfs=> rarer than any glpyh

Evolt
09-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Hey I do that...heal when I'm not needed, one of my personal goal when I do run is not to 'leave anyone behind' dying or dead...my mage philosophy.

Fairy
09-20-2011, 03:42 AM
I always spam heal, if I need it or not. :)

pastrychef
09-20-2011, 04:00 AM
I think a bear who doesn't tank is worse because they have less to contribute in terms of damage. A mage who doesn't heal can still help by killing off enemies and players can use health pots.

McBain
09-20-2011, 04:39 AM
As an archer, I'm used to spamming pots at this point anyway, so a mage that doesn't heal often isn't the biggest deal to me, but I definitely prefer it when they do. Overall, the world is a better place when everybody does their job: bears tank, mages hang back and heal/throw out the occasional AOE attack, and birds don't go rushing into mobs. Hybrids kind of annoy me, because they're not maximizing their skills, and are of less use. Reminds me of the saying "Jack of all trades, master of none." When everyone does what they do best, you can fly though any map with ease.

JaytB
09-20-2011, 04:57 AM
As some said already, bears who don't tank or fling enemies all over the screen annoy me the most too. A bear can either make a run much more effective in therms of mob killing, or slow it down by being a 'scatter bear'. Mages who don't heal, unless they need to be healed themselves, are a pretty sad sight too though m. But at least, healthpots can counter that to most extend :)

RedRyder
09-20-2011, 05:52 AM
Mages that need to be told to rev

Xazic
09-20-2011, 06:17 AM
I think good tanking bears are far too rare, as usually I, a warbird, do it better than the bears that join the run i'm in.... A very sad fact!

Darkfader
09-20-2011, 06:25 AM
Scatter bears.......

Cobraguy
09-20-2011, 06:49 AM
Hate going into zones with ''scatter bears'' with either of my chars. Playing a bird first made me appreciate bears that grouped, so now that my main is a dex bear, i pull to the wall for birds.

Im not a terrible tank with Raptor (str/dex bear) but when I play him too much then switch back to Cobra (pure dex bird) I forget and try to tank with him, which isnt very affective. I would have to say that a bear that wont tank right and pull to the wall is more annoying...I carry pots for a reason.

Nourish
09-20-2011, 06:58 AM
As a bear, I learned from some friends how to "pin" and control mobs. So when I see a Mage not healing me while I'm focused on the mob makes me mad. If I'm on an alt and the bear isn't tanking for my bird/Mage makes me also mad >_<

arischal
09-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Yeah I ran with a lvl 60.5 bear, and he was pulling to the center of the room. I was using my 56( which I haven't played since I got lvl 56 months ago) and quickly cleaned up his mess. You should at least pull to walls or corners. I learned from watching Elly when the cap was 50! Pull to wall/ corner, step back and stomp. Move on. But you can tell when a bear is a powerleveled one when there are less than 10k kills at 55/60.

JFelt8
09-20-2011, 07:09 AM
Scatter bears r my major annoyance. Especially after I pull them into a corner or wall first.

Doubletime
09-20-2011, 07:11 AM
Every class has a fit within a group run and when people don't play to the strengths of the class it can be frustrating. But it isn't just bears or mages. Birds have a roll to play too.

Honestly, people use the word "tank" way too loosely in-game. I think the good bears lead the party and focus on keeping mob aggro and crowd control by grouping mobs in concetrated areas. Bears that don't concentrate on this area are frustrating for me to play with at times.

Mages have double duty, heal/rev and aoe mashers. Healing even when only one in the party will need it or to counter-act the negative effects of a spell (such as the slow spell in Nuri's that is canceled by a heal). And using combos. Bad mages can be just as frustrating as bears that don't do crowd control.

And birds have their issues too. I ran with many a bird while leveling my mage to 61 that simply would not use thorn wall appropriately never giving the chance to nature strike and who wouldn't take advice on the subject. So all classes can be frustrating. Not just one over the other.

JFelt8
09-20-2011, 07:27 AM
U got a good point double, it just seems that u see alot more bears that don't know there role and mages that think they r there to kill only than I do birds that don't set up combos.

pastrychef
09-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Honestly, people use the word "tank" way too loosely in-game. I think the good bears lead the party and focus on keeping mob aggro and crowd control by grouping mobs in concetrated areas. Bears that don't concentrate on this area are frustrating for me to play with at times.

+1

Paladins and warbirds who think they are "tanking" is also annoying.

Birds who randomly use thorn wall and prevent bears from doing their job is also annoying.

Navygreen
09-20-2011, 08:04 AM
I always spam heal, if I need it or not. :)

Lol same here. The other party members are probably like "yeah, this guy has OCD."

Ixillicus
09-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Vote bear.

Marcoolio
09-20-2011, 08:19 AM
I play mage and i have almost annoying happen to tap healing all the time and when group just walk around. Some times i see that i heal noone but i cant stop. Other is revive but nowdays i dont tap that lmao.

Before i useto rush with my mage (half str) so nowdays i spend lots of pots to survive when i run fhirst and bear follow :) well many rounds i see so "good" bears so i like to spend some healpot to clear faster..

CrimsonTider
09-20-2011, 08:54 AM
As a bear, I find that other bears who cannot tank the worst. Worse than that is having a second bear in my group who ruins my mob control. Many times I will beckon a mob and before I can tap stomp, the mob is scattered across the rom. With the recent change in gear, bears have much better tanking gear to use, but still use bows and stay in the back of the pack. It's sad.

JFelt8
09-20-2011, 09:24 AM
It's definitely a rarity to find another bear that's good at sharing the load and working together. My 2 favs to run with like that is necroreaper and hankomachos. Both of them r great to play with and it helps that we normally run the same lines, so we know What the other is thinking and don't get in the way. One other I forgot was joemjackson, he's my boy and a beast as a dex bear. We've played together so long we just swap pulls and go .

TANKKAAR
09-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Mages that need to be told to rev

I see your complaint and raise you 1!

Mages that don't have revive... OMG I used to see this all the time in the days of lvl 50 cap especially in PVP. Their excuse, "I'm a damage mage not a support mage"!

Ha Ha!

JFelt8
09-20-2011, 09:53 AM
Don't forget about the mages that try to use heal to rev and can't figure out why it doesn't work lmao

StompArtist
09-20-2011, 09:54 AM
I don't find those annoying half as much as the folks who try to sell stuff in the middle of a battle. grrrrrr.

JFelt8
09-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Hahahaha then leave when no one buys what there selling hahahahaha

Navygreen
09-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I don't find those annoying half as much as the folks who try to sell stuff in the middle of a battle. grrrrrr.

Yes I have to admit, I never understood why you would ask to trade with me when i'm attacking mobs of angry enemies. :/

Singleteddy
09-20-2011, 02:15 PM
Mages who don't heal and bears who don't tank are equally annoying but less annoying than scatterbears. Most annoying of all are mages (and engineers) who don't rev and make party members walk all the way back from the start of the map.

Snub
09-20-2011, 02:19 PM
1 - 'scatter bear' SUX
2 - mages that dont rev
3 - mages that don't heal (so common now i am surprised when i get healed.)

I am a dex bird and i HATE that i have to be first into battle because the bear sux. Nothing is better then getting a great bear that drags to a corner and we all nuke. clear a map FAST as possible, dont even need heals, just crush!

Swimmingstar
09-20-2011, 03:58 PM
opinion: well actually at the low levels people need to say heal for mages to heal. So the cause that sometimes mages don't heal is because cool down for spell or they had developed a bad habit when they were new.

Lysdexic
09-20-2011, 04:07 PM
I spam heal unless I step out for a smoke break... I'm not that multi-task talented :)

If you catch me on a run and that happens, I apologize now!

Duped
09-21-2011, 02:34 AM
Bears are more annoying IMO, because as a bear primarily, I'm just spamming HP's non stop anyhow. That said, after I had played with healing mages, I never knew what I was missing. I'll never forget killing Bandit Queen, and not needing to use heal, it was such a rush!!

Neffy
09-21-2011, 03:17 AM
People who complain that you're taking too long when you, a bird, are being piled by a mob because the bears isn't doing his job.

ibadash
09-21-2011, 04:13 AM
I'm a mage that uses a dagger and str armor... but anyways if I notice somebody taking heavy damage consitently or if were fighting a boss (Especially in the circus) I heal everytime that option is available, whether I need it or not. I think its pretty much a duty for a mage to heal teammates, whether their build around INT or not!

-Oenomaus/Theocules

ibadash
09-21-2011, 04:21 AM
I'm an Enchantress that uses a dagger and equips with STR armor, so I'm as hybrid as they get. And I take the role of mage as good as any pure INT mage, yet I pack an incredible punch and die very, very rarely. I've been told I'm an amazing combination and most people like playing with me, so I perfer hybrids! However everybody has different opinions! So no hard feelings :) Just thought Id make my case as a hybrid!!!

PS- Does anyone know of anyother hybrids like me at level 56+??? I've never seen another player like me before... cheers!

-Oenomaus/Theocules

Ellyidol
09-21-2011, 04:49 AM
I'm an Enchantress that uses a dagger and equips with STR armor, so I'm as hybrid as they get. And I take the role of mage as good as any pure INT mage, yet I pack an incredible punch and die very, very rarely. I've been told I'm an amazing combination and most people like playing with me, so I perfer hybrids! However everybody has different opinions! So no hard feelings :) Just thought Id make my case as a hybrid!!!

PS- Does anyone know of anyother hybrids like me at level 56+??? I've never seen another player like me before... cheers!

-Oenomaus/Theocules

No offense, but I think the reason why there are little to none of that type of hybrid is because it isn't that effective. A dagger is maximized with high crit and damage added from armor. Unless you're using str Armors that add damage+crit, you may be better off with a mace.

ibadash
09-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Although I don't use high crit armors, my spells increase my critical. Also even criticalling less than a pure dex with a dagger may do, I still have higher DPS than warriors and my armor is way stronger than dex. Its pretty effective if you know how to use it.

Artemis
09-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Bear that dont tank. Dont blame us elfs for your crappy tank armor :P