PDA

View Full Version : Rifles vs Twin Pistols

Sporkeh
09-20-2011, 10:42 AM
I've looked at various guides and still cant really decide between Twin Pistols and Rifles. Every ounce of my RPG experience is telling me that overall speed of damage typically equates to more damage. Especially if we combo it with armor debuffing and high crit rate.

My thoughts are even if they do slightly less damage the difference helps with aggro management, could even turn Inner Focus into a sort of aggro dump.

Anyways I was wondering who uses what? Am curious to see who is actually using Rifles and Twins

Darkfader
09-20-2011, 10:45 AM
I haven't been so far even thinking anything else than Dual pistols for my operative.

Ellyidol
09-20-2011, 10:48 AM
I would use Dual Pistols for the two reasons you said; armor reducing debuffs (makes DPS more potent) and critical rate.

OmincrossMX
09-20-2011, 10:53 AM
i use rifles..;) i am not a guy of statics but of appearence... And rifles have the best appearence:cool:

Fouch
09-25-2011, 07:16 PM
I find using rifles means you pull agro from the tank too often. Higher top end damage isn't doing an Op any favours, you want DPS over top end damage. There is always the option of using a shield and a pistol (like that new Black Widow), but I didn't notice much in the armor gain from the shield - still dropped quick, and lost DPS to quickly take down single targets - this seems like a better idea for Eng / Commando than Op.

Blakout
09-25-2011, 08:35 PM
I agree with fouch. Using rifles pulls agro from the tanks and ops have lower hp than the other 2 classes so use dual pistols. They are more effective in my opinion.

Gazroast
09-26-2011, 03:28 PM
I use Dualies too.
More likely to hit crit. more often and the damage adds up FAST.

Gazroast
09-26-2011, 03:34 PM
I use Dualies too.
More likely to hit crit. more often and the damage adds up FAST.

I have wondered about a nice 100+ DPS pistol with a shield though? But I hate to give away DPS... :upset:

mili-fnord
10-16-2011, 08:06 AM
i like dual pistols because they have very high dps and dps is a operatives role on a team

Heavensblade
10-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Well first you must analyze your build and start from there. Now for the stat difference of each weapon: Rifles have the highest BASE attack but are slow therefore low on DPS. Dual pistols on the other hand, Has fairly low BASE attack but are the fastest weapons in the game therefore they have more DPS. Higher BASE attack means every skill you use will do more damage. At lv30 with Custom set + eagle-eye implant, the dual pistol adds 82 BASE attack and 139 DPS, and the riflehas 104 BASE attack and 107 DPS, So if you use a lv6 mind wrack which does 15-25 damage. You will do 82+(10-25) with dual pistols and 104+(15-25) with rifles. Though the skill will give off more damage with rifle, it is very slow. More attacks dealt means more chances to hit the enemy without missing and more chances to do Crit. DPS is important for Operatives because they have skills that buff themselves and debuffs their enemies. You have to make use of the time you have for the duration of the buffs and try to strike the enemy as many times as possible.

Dracula
10-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Ahh...as far as I'm concerned, what's the point of killing if you don't look good doing it. Twin pistols all the way.

BodMaster
10-17-2011, 07:10 AM
Dual Pistols!!! :D

P.S. How did you manage to post a poll out of the Off Topic session?

Rodvik
10-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Mad Skills Bod Mad Skills!

Kakatoa91
10-18-2011, 09:17 AM
I use both. But mainly my twins.
But depending on situation or mood I switch on riffle or widow. Also makes you feel less common since majority looks the same -_-

Consider this also if you like to blindly spam skills and have more than 4 skills that does dmg, seriously use riffle.
No point in using twins if you don let them do the work a bit.
Riffle gives you nice range also, twins range are shooort... Ever been in team in random games were 3 comms stay in back lol... you are the only one in the middle of mobs. If you dun quit game, switch to riffle and stay behind them.

My setup skills build is just 2 buff/debuff and 3 dmg skills. So twins are quite effective during buff/debuff time and cool down of dmg skills.

Promystix
11-17-2011, 06:13 PM
I personally prefer a pistol or a repeater, since it's ability to be paired with a sheild, but if I were to choose, I would prefer the dual pistols because of it quick speed, relativly high damage, and accuracy.

flashbackflip
02-04-2012, 12:12 AM
Thank you guys for stressing the BASE damage point.. I kinda missed that

On the topic, i never used rifles before (at 36 it was Razr+shield and now at 41 i use twin Tuturras)

Though as i was reading in other post, pistols have 10m radius and rifles shoot for 12m, so i guess it's useful to get both items in yo inventory for different situations

Kiyoko
02-11-2012, 11:27 AM
i use mainly dual pistols since they provide more dps and because they are for ops only but some rifles i might use (depending on str and dex)

Flashgunner
03-25-2012, 06:02 AM
Dual Pistols!!! :D

P.S. How did you manage to post a poll out of the Off Topic session?

I agree 100%

ArtStar
03-25-2012, 06:36 AM
I am liking the poll results.

Hellcurse
06-09-2012, 08:04 PM
depends on who u vs and how u good u r.
if u beginner start with rifle and use dual wen u r more comfortable with ur biuld

Zaonabiuibil
06-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Duals = speed
speed = faster damage
faster damage = enemy dies QUICK

akfury
06-11-2012, 04:57 PM
depends on on what level the toon is and is it pvp or pve for low level pvp i say rifle for pve i always use duels

Ethice
07-22-2012, 08:40 AM
I prefer rifles simply because of aesthetic purposes, but I do use my dualies because they couple with op skills well.

I miss all the low levels dualies because they were simpler looking. All the flashguns past level 21 either don't have full color variation or have weird attachments. In my opinion the level 21 Sync'd Flashguns were the best looking "Flashguns" in the game. In the higher levels they dumped on all the standard weapons and just made a bunch of special weapons. Which is cool and all, but i liked using AMP pistols and Flashguns back when I was below level 30 :C

Kanozaki
07-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Rifles arent a good choice for ops for the reasons below

1) For Ops to make use of Amplify Pain and Precision to their maximum potential , they need to cast as much damage in a given amount of time ( DPS ).
2) Twin pistols give the best DPS hands down which is why its the best for pve but also the hardest to use well.

Zolum
08-02-2012, 07:37 PM
rifle just goes with my pvp build XD sometimes....

Orthrys
02-06-2013, 12:36 AM
Hehe. I'm not sure why but rifles don't go well with my op. i'm better with dual pistols or a shield and a gun. I guess it's because op armor is kinda low compared to other classes, and while dual pistols don't provide much armor, it goes for much easier killing.